Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Psion posted:

So, maybe I missed this but Naky, Millenia - how often do you put easter egg guns in releases? Because I saw the RU-556 one the other day and :laugh:

Duplet, Raging Bull, PPSh-41, RU-556, SKS (Tindle release), SVT (Tindle release) all have easter eggs or extras off the top of my head. Maybe one or two others? I also placed a few weapons in areas as references or jokes. Things like the Mare's Leg sitting on the chopping board in the kitchen, or the M14's location or the fact that every shotgun we've released has been on or around the surgery area.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

BurritoJustice posted:

Can anyone say some words on bashed vs merged patches? In my last spout of FNV modding I exclusively used bashed patches as I have been using them since Oblivion when they were necessary, but everyone seems to use merged patches for FNV as a de facto choice. I can handle myself making bashed patches, but it'd almost be nice not having to gently caress around getting Wrye and all the associated python dependencies if there is no benefit over just getting FNVEdit.

Bash tags allow for selective overrides so you can pick and choose what goes in the bashed patch independent of load order. You can do even more in FNVEdit, but have to do it manually. I use Bash because once you've set stuff up, you can recreate the patch very easily.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
MO, Fallout 4GB, NVSE and ENB - how do I make these all work.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!

Gyshall posted:

Use the 4gb loader that supports NVSE, it's on the Nexus. Add the 4gb loader to the MO run list and the run command the flag to use some alternate filename for the exe (eg. "-laaexe .FalloutMO.exe"). Put ENB stuff in regular FNV directory. I know this setup to work from personal experience.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
can you use all those and get borderless fullscreen windowed?

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Gyshall posted:

I use this: http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/41381/

It's janky but it works. You launch this and it should just detect everything. If it seems like it isn't working, give it a minute.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Gyshall posted:

EssArrBee's guide has a setup section for using MO with New Vegas: http://wiki.step-project.com/User:EssArrBee/FalloutNewVegas#Setting_up_Mod_Organizer

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)

MJ12 posted:

Also, does anyone have a spawn increaser that's Tale of Two Wastelands compatible and increases spawns by like, 50-100% instead of the 3+ times I often see in other spawn increasers because that tends to lead to hilarity and constant crashes?

Echoing the request for this (the 50-100% part anyways). I want to try a permadeath run, but vanilla is too easy, Very Hard just makes everything a bullet sponge, and Increased Wasteland Spawns' lowest settings still give you 20-30 enemies in places like Primm.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!
Holy poo poo does anyone know how many waves of god drat hobos I have to kill in that one New Vegas Killer mission? I just brought enough bullets to kill the target and a dozen or so guards, not like the population of the strip + freeside.

satsui no thankyou
Apr 23, 2011

I did this and it looks gorgeous thanks. altho im not sure whether the waster overhaul part was a stealth troll as ringo having cloud strife hair was a bit of a shocker :P

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

Bob NewSCART posted:

I go up to his room with him and then viciously murder him with a pool cue. Then rob his entire apartment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAbRzjRRLds

Also, since this is basically the fallout thread for the newer games: I am an NCR stooge. What do I do with Mr House. I am thinking of just leaving him be because, well, he's not really hosed with the NCR that much.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

If you want the NCR ending you don't have a choice. You don't necessarily have to kill him but the alternative way of dealing with House is, in my estimation, a bona fide dick move.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Sir Unimaginative posted:

If you want the NCR ending you don't have a choice. You don't necessarily have to kill him but the alternative way of dealing with House is, in my estimation, a bona fide dick move.

It's more awkward than dickish, in my opinion.

You fight your way to Mister House's inner chamber, take him out of his medical tube, tell him why you're doing it, and instead of killing him you... put him back to die of exposure.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
/\/\/\
I think they were talking about removing the cerebral connection

You are free to ignore him until the NCR mission givers force you to deal with him

Ahundredbux fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Jan 31, 2015

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Cheston posted:

Echoing the request for this (the 50-100% part anyways). I want to try a permadeath run, but vanilla is too easy, Very Hard just makes everything a bullet sponge, and Increased Wasteland Spawns' lowest settings still give you 20-30 enemies in places like Primm.

There are settings for Increased Wasteland Spawns that allow this. At the lowest settings it barely does anything at all, certainly not spawning 30 dudes.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Sion posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAbRzjRRLds

Also, since this is basically the fallout thread for the newer games: I am an NCR stooge. What do I do with Mr House. I am thinking of just leaving him be because, well, he's not really hosed with the NCR that much.

This thread is still active if you want a general FNV thread, btw.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

There are settings for Increased Wasteland Spawns that allow this. At the lowest settings it barely does anything at all, certainly not spawning 30 dudes.

Which settings do this? It seems like "Maximum References" is the most important, but I can't figure out/google what the "vanilla" setting would be.

**Hadn't considered setting it to 0, it seems much more mild now.

Cheston fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Feb 1, 2015

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I would think that Maximum Per Faction Spawn would be what's causing 30 dudes to spawn at Primm. If you set everything to 1, you would probably get what you wanted. Obviously turn off Feral Ghoul Rampage and Active Spawning.

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013
I seem to remember IWS adding a note to your Pip-Boy that tells you what its various MCM settings do; including some recommendations.

uaciaut
Mar 20, 2008
:splurp:

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

IIRC the perks that give more damage against female characters are raised to 15% and the perks that give damage against male characters are lowered to 5% to account for the fact that there are more male than female enemies.

JSawyer made that change, noticed it afterwards, thanks.

Another oddity - both mods (CCO and JSawyer) should change the "Ninja Perk" :

JSawyer: Ninja now adds 15% to Critical Hit Chance with Melee/Unarmed (instead of multiplying by 1.15). Prereq allows Melee Weapons or Unarmed to qualify.

CCO: The Melee Weapons requirement for the Ninja perk has been removed.

I still haven't hit level 20 to pick the perk itself but when i hover over it on level-up the text is exactly the same as in vanilla (still requires 80 sneak AND 80 melee without any mention of a unarmed alternative)

Same goes for Super Slam - JSawyer makes the perk need either melee or unarmed, CCO removes the melee requirement component altogether, text in my moded game is same as in vanilla.

Slayer still has an unarmed requirement in my game despite BOTH CCO and JSawyer changing the setting to melee or unarmed.

The only perk which has actually changed from vanilla in my game (at least description-wise) is Piercing Strike - it actually says it needs either unarmed or melee.

Is this a text-only bug - i.e. the settings are changed but the text didn't update properly or not? Has anyone else ran into this problem before?

edit: I also can't examine the New Vegas Clinic auto-doc to get the inoculations or the other perk for some reason D:

uaciaut fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Feb 1, 2015

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

I would think that Maximum Per Faction Spawn would be what's causing 30 dudes to spawn at Primm. If you set everything to 1, you would probably get what you wanted. Obviously turn off Feral Ghoul Rampage and Active Spawning.

I can't set Maximum Per Faction Spawn to anything less than 8, it's the lowest setting on the slider :(

Might just be me, though?

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Does anyone know if the console in Lombard Station with the notes about the underground fusion reactor actually does anything? I can't seem to get it to do anything. I really want it to do something. :(

satsui no thankyou posted:

I did this and it looks gorgeous thanks. altho im not sure whether the waster overhaul part was a stealth troll as ringo having cloud strife hair was a bit of a shocker :P

Yeah, the occasional anime hairs are pretty annoying, but I pretty much just grabbed a popular overhaul that wasn't FCO at random, and there seems to be just a few of them overall.

Zodium fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Feb 1, 2015

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Zodium posted:

Does anyone know if the console in Lombard Station with the notes about the underground fusion reactor actually does anything? I can't seem to get it to do anything.

Nope. Though it'd be cool if I could set the place to blow, destroying everything stored in there and blocking off the area for good when I'm done with a playthrough. :v:

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

I'm getting the infamous "derp eyes" with the irises over to one side using Fallout Character Overhaul, but only for vanilla eye colors. I'm using it conjunction with the "Project Mikoto" hair mod because FCO has a patch for that and not Ling's Coiffures. I've tried replacing all eye assets in /meshes and /textures with FCO's multiple times but I haven't been able to fix this.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

I forgot who it was that was working on that Lombard Station expansion, has there been any more word on that?

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Davoren posted:

I forgot who it was that was working on that Lombard Station expansion, has there been any more word on that?

King of Swag and last I talked to him about it he was rather frustrated at the lack of functions he needed put in NVSE that already exist in other script extenders or something. I was getting the drift that he wasn't going to continue it until they were. He released all the code he did so far though, I believe. I've got him on Steam so I hit him up every once in a while and see what's what.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

I really like the music in the Mysterious Broadcast Extended mod, but the station itself seems to be quite buggy and frequently just goes dead for long periods of time. I have tried several mods that are meant to fix the station (apparently the dead air thing is a vanilla bug), but it persists. Does anyone have a good understanding of what's wrong with the station compared to the others?

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Sorry to bother you all again. I thought I finally had everything like how I wanted to, but now DarnifiedUI doesn't work any more on a recent fresh installation.
I use DarnifiedUI, Onehud, Project Nevada, and that one plugin that goes into the NVSE folder.

I replaced the font settings in the .ini file and stuff and followed these steps from http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/44757
1. Activate Darnified UI or any other UI overhaul mod such as MTUI.
2. Activate Project Nevada
3. Activate Mod Configuration Menu (MCM)
4. Activate all other HUD altering mods (see above list).
5. Activate One HUD (oHUD) *.

Doing this as soon as I activate MCM Project nevada starts working, and the restart after that everything breaks, If I do not follow these steps every BUT Darnified works.
I can live without darnified if somebody can point me to an easy way to make the default font and HUD less gigantic really.

code:
# This file was automatically generated by Mod Organizer.
FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
NVStripOpen.esm
CompanionInfAmmo.esm
More Traits.esm
Project Nevada - Core.esm
More Perks.esm
More Perks for Companions.esm
Project Nevada - Equipment.esm
Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp
NevadaSkies.esm
oHUD.esm
Centered 3rd Person Camera.esp
BetterGamePerformanceV3.esp
CASM.esp
CompanionInfAmmoCheat.esp
More Perks for Companions Update.esp
Mission Mojave - Ultimate Edition.esp
Vurt's WFO.esp
LFox Bottle That Water.esp
More Traits Update.esp
EVE FNV - ALL DLC.esp
NVCE DLC01.esp
PerkEveryLevel.esp
NVCE Main.esp
Lucky 38 Suite Expansion.esp
More Perks Update.esp
StripOpenMain.esp
The Weapon Mod Menu.esp
NVCE DLC02.esp
NVCE DLC04.esp
NVCE Main - Companions.esp
SimpleStreetLights (Extra Lights).esp
NVDLC04 Allegiance w Duster.esp
NevadaSkies - Blueberry Nights.esp
Rustyhwys.esp
NevadaSkies - Ultimate DLC Edition.esp
Lucky 38 Balcony.esp
Lombard Station.esp
CompanionInfAmmoOptional.esp
Lombard Station - Old World Blues.esp
Lombard Station - Dead Money.esp
Lombard Station - Gun Runners' Arsenal.esp
Lombard Station - Honest Hearts.esp
Lombard Station - Lonesome Road.esp
OWB Companion Teleport.esp
OWB More Vendor Caps.esp
OWB Stealth Field Suit.esp
OWB Valence Extra.esp
PipBoyLightx2.esp
NVCE DLC03.esp
OWB Moddable FIDO.esp
SignatureArmor.esp
SignatureWeapons.esp

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Can you straight up replace a weapon's model with a different weapon. There is a really nice looking M1903 Springfield that is not in leveled lists. There is a lovely looking one that is. I'd like to make the lovely looking one look like the nice one so I can keep its leveled list functionality.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.
I noticed that Lombard Station doesn't sort any dlc ammo like the Red Glare rockets or the .45 ACP, is this intended? I have all the dlc .esps enabled.

edit: nvm, I'm a dumbass, wrong esp order

grate deceiver fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Feb 2, 2015

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013

Woolie Wool posted:

Can you straight up replace a weapon's model with a different weapon. There is a really nice looking M1903 Springfield that is not in leveled lists. There is a lovely looking one that is. I'd like to make the lovely looking one look like the nice one so I can keep its leveled list functionality.

Yes.

Depending on what you're changing to and from, you may need to change other things too - like what animations it uses - but it doesn't sound like you'll need to.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

Seashell Salesman posted:

Holy poo poo does anyone know how many waves of god drat hobos I have to kill in that one New Vegas Killer mission? I just brought enough bullets to kill the target and a dozen or so guards, not like the population of the strip + freeside.

A whole lot. It's similar to the waves of ghouls in The Inheritance if you've played that. It took me like 20 minutes sitting in my stealth field and putting my subsonic .22 to the back of their heads.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Cheston posted:

I can't set Maximum Per Faction Spawn to anything less than 8, it's the lowest setting on the slider :(

Might just be me, though?

Sorry, my mistake, I didn't check it before I said that I just assumed it would go down to 1. In that case, yeah, that 8 means that potentially (but not every time) 8 powder gangers or are spawning per one, or whatever. Not what you want at all. If you can figure out a way to lower that, you will have what you seek.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

KingShiro posted:

A whole lot. It's similar to the waves of ghouls in The Inheritance if you've played that. It took me like 20 minutes sitting in my stealth field and putting my subsonic .22 to the back of their heads.

I'm not sure if it's because of some other mod I have installed, but I don't think a single one of the enemies Bobby Bass told me to kill with the .22 actually died from one .22 sneak crit. Some died to a katana sneak crit, and some to an anti-materiel sneak crit, most were so bullet spongy it took follow-ups.

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013

Sorry, my mistake, I didn't check it before I said that I just assumed it would go down to 1. In that case, yeah, that 8 means that potentially (but not every time) 8 powder gangers or are spawning per one, or whatever. Not what you want at all. If you can figure out a way to lower that, you will have what you seek.

Not quite; the 'Max faction spawns' setting sets the maximum number of actors that will be spawned per faction in a cell - hence the name. You're thinking of 'Max spawn per creature/npc'.

Here's the Pip-Boy note I mentioned earlier, explaining the settings:

quote:

Welcome to IWS 9.8!

First a little 101 course for those wanting to just jump in the game. If you have a fast computer and think you can handle it-and you wish for a crazy number of npcs/creatures in game-simply max out the following settings. Otherwise, use the templates that follow for your expected gameplay experience/system specs.

Low Spawns/Med Spawns/High Spawns

Max References: 50/75/100
Max Faction: 8/16/32
Max Spawn Per Creature: 1/2/3
Min Spawn Per Creature: 0/1/2+
Feral Ghoul Rampage: 0/2/3+

A little more in-depth explanation follows.

Max references are the amount of creature or npcs that the script will check for in the cells being scanned. So if there are more than the max references either at the start of the scan, or at any point in the scan, the script will not spawn any more for that cell.

Max faction spawns is the total amount of creatures/npcs of any particular faction that will be present in any particular cell(s). NCR for example, at low settings would only be allowed a total of 8 NCR troops in any area. So if the script checks and finds 6 NCR, it will still fire, possibly spawning an additional 2, but no more than 2, NCR troops.

Max spawn per creature/npc is the maximum amount of spawns possible when a creature or npc triggers an additional spawn. So, using the above example with NCR, if an additional spawn was triggered and the max spawn was set at 2 NCR, the script would roll dice to determine if a maximum of two NCR were spawned from one placed spawn.

Minimum spawn per creature is the minimum amount of creatures that can be placed by any one spawn. Using the above example again, if the maximum was 2, and the minimum was 1, then at most 2 NCR could spawn, and at least 1 would spawn.

Feral Ghoul Rampage multiplies the amount of feral ghouls that spawn from the above options by the designated amount. 0 will turn off the option and ghouls will spawn normally, while 1 will do nothing. 2 will double the amount of ghouls that spawn, 3 will triple, and so on. So if you had maximum spawns set to 3, and a feral ghoul rampage setting of 5, you could possibly spawn 15 ghouls per single additional feral ghoul spawn placement.

The Debug option outputs information on spawning to the console, which you can access via the tilde key.

The menu based purge cell buffers is pretty self explanatory, and you can look up the purgecellbuffers command online if you have further questions.

The Lonesome Road menu options are also fairly self explanatory, and if you are not using the Lonesome Road addon or do not have Lonesome Road, you don't need to worry about them!

Enjoy!!!!

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Is there any way to change the color of the loading screen tips, the translucent pause screen overlay, and the Mod Configuration Menu? I've set up a Fallout 3 style UI for Tale of Two Wastelands and those three things are the only bits of amber remaining.

Speaking of Tale of Two Wastelands, does anyone else think the new DC train station for 2.7 is worse than the old one? I think it's really overdesigned, it's huge and has two sprawling dungeons and a large outdoor area connected to it and a quest to turn the power back on, and it's full of ghouls and super mutants. The old one was creepy as hell, an extremely dark, completely trashed station you can just sort of wander into without taking some big detour, and it was deserted and almost completely silent. It was small, straightforward, and functional, but also gave me some serious heebie-jeebies the first time.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Does anyone know what cause Sortamatic to just stop working altogether? I have never had any issues with it before, and then this latest game I had both Afterschool Special and Mobile Truck Base installed at the same time. I didn't intend to use MTB, just left it on by accident. Several times the Sortomatic in the Afterschool Special house stopped working (items all going to homeless container and unable to use CMS terminal) and I managed to get it working by loading earlier CASM saves, so I decided to stop using it and move to the MTB (since I normally use MTB and have had zero issues with its sortomatic integration before).

Well, now my MTB sortomatic is just dead. I can't use either of the controls nor can I open the container options with sneak-activate. Any idea what's going on here?

e: I seem to have fixed it by restarting my game again after entering the MTB. Hopefully it doesn't break again. This ordeal definitely made me appreciate how little bullshit there is with the MTB :3

Seashell Salesman fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Feb 4, 2015

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Zedd posted:

Hud issues

Are you using uHud as well? oHud is just more features unless gopher changed everything in the past few months.

uaciaut
Mar 20, 2008
:splurp:
Seriously, perk issues aside, does anyone have any clue on how to interact with the New Vegas Clinic Autodoc with Cirosan's mod. Apparently CCO is supposed to let me use it (for inocculations) or ride if (if INT is low enough), but trying to interact with it just gives me the vanilla game text that there are no interchangeable parts (probably reffering to Caesar's quest).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Gyshall posted:

I actually just realized today that you can force it on with ENB now. In your enblocal.ini just set ForceBorderless=true under [WINDOW].

So far I've tried Windowed Borderless Gaming and Game Companion and neither worked for me (maybe an 8.1 problem, don't know) so I was pretty happy to find out ENB can do this on its own. The one hiccup seems to be that my game will crash on startup if I click inside the window before it gets to the loading screen, but this happens because of windowed mode and changing that ENB setting above has no effect on that.