Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Anyone know of any mods that makes disintegrated body and ash and stuff look better?

I can’t even think of keywords to look up that won’t get me put on a watchlist.

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/82567
https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/82566

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Legend,thank you.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Nexus mods is down because “of the popularity of the Fallout TV show”.

Somehow i’ll find a way to blame this on Todd.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Finally got the Viva New Vegas essentials installed. I'm sure there are reasons why it couldn't all be bundled into one standalone download, but why can't you just give Nexus a list and have them be individually downloaded into Mod Organizer without needing so much input?

Also, best unarmed combat mod? Hoping to get my Juza of the Clouds on.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
You can, that’s Wabbajack.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Your Uncle Dracula posted:

You can, that’s Wabbajack.

Sounds nice.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

This is the actual site for Wabbajack, unfortunately it doesn't seem like there's an automated version of VNV there right now, but there are others.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Ah now I see, thank you both. And a good unarmed mod?

esquilax
Jan 3, 2003

Are there any mods or console commands that remove the 75lb weight limit to begin Honest Hearts?

It's 50% wanting to use a variety of stuff, 50% dread at sorting through my inventory.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

esquilax posted:

Are there any mods or console commands that remove the 75lb weight limit to begin Honest Hearts?

It's 50% wanting to use a variety of stuff, 50% dread at sorting through my inventory.

One of the VNV tweaks allows you to set all item weights to zero, so that might work?

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

esquilax posted:

It's your Aid items. It's always Aid items.

Slowpoke Rodriguez
Jun 20, 2009

esquilax posted:

I think having perks like Strong Back and Pack Rat unlock dialogue choices that increase the 75lb limit. You could cheat yourself those.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Also convince Ricky to carry your stuff by blackmailing him about his drug addictions.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I start all Fallout DLCs practically naked (including caps), because otherwise I barely use any of the new items. It’s a fun way of mixing things up.

The only DLC this proved a problem was Point Lookout, because of how insane the enemies are. They’re designed around you being OP.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Rinkles posted:

I start all Fallout DLCs practically naked (including caps), because otherwise I barely use any of the new items. It’s a fun way of mixing things up.

many a true nerd has a fun series where he does this and starts at level 1 for at least OWB, DM, and I think LR, and it is very interesting to see how it plays out.

esquilax
Jan 3, 2003

Arc Hammer posted:

Also convince Ricky to carry your stuff by blackmailing him about his drug addictions.

Slowpoke Rodriguez posted:

I think having perks like Strong Back and Pack Rat unlock dialogue choices that increase the 75lb limit. You could cheat yourself those.

ThaumPenguin posted:

It's your Aid items. It's always Aid items.

My dudes it is a Bethesda game. I haven't played without immediately typing in "player.modav carryweight 1000" since Oblivion.

I'm not going to sort through every random enemy's inventory for the stimpack. If I need to haul around 50 extra Merc Grunt Outfits so be it.

Serperoth posted:

One of the VNV tweaks allows you to set all item weights to zero, so that might work?

I will try this thanks.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Arivia posted:

many a true nerd has a fun series where he does this and starts at level 1 for at least OWB, DM, and I think LR, and it is very interesting to see how it plays out.

I don’t remember for sure since it’s been years, but he might have been what inspired me to do that in the first place. Difference being that he does them level one, which makes them harder in some respects, but easier in others (since enemies aren’t leveled as much).

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
His Level 0 Lonesome Road run is hilarious and worth a watch.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

esquilax posted:

My dudes it is a Bethesda game. I haven't played without immediately typing in "player.modav carryweight 1000" since Oblivion.

I'm not going to sort through every random enemy's inventory for the stimpack. If I need to haul around 50 extra Merc Grunt Outfits so be it.

I used to be annoyed when overhauls would lower my overall carry capacity, but every time I've tried one I've found it causes me less grief overall. It's like doing the dishes every day instead of letting them pile up and get in the way until my kitchen becomes effectively unusable.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
Man. I thought having 800 carry weight was too much.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

esquilax posted:

I think you're remembering wrong because Oblivion didn't have that command you had to take more roundabout methods.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

esquilax posted:

I will try this thanks.

Lol. Frankly all you Weightcheat Maxers end up doing way more inventory management than us Default Chads because you have to sort through a list of ten thousand different knockoff SPAMs and Cactus Fruit to find one RadAway whereas we have nice simple lists

Diagnosis: skill issue

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Lower your weight limit instead of increasing it. Break the cycle of garbage hoovering

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

All you ever need is your favorite gun and a ton of drugs anyway.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Gaius Marius posted:

Lower your weight limit instead of increasing it. Break the cycle of garbage hoovering

Pack Rat, Strong Back, Heavyweight, Long Haul and Burden to Bear.

It's not about Letting Go. It's about how much I can get away with

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
Imagine not making periodic trips back to whatever player home you've set up to drop your poo poo into sort-enabled containers. Have a weight limit of 10,000 while still being below 200 because you store all the guns you steal on the Lombard Station walls!

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Zereth posted:

I think you're remembering wrong because Oblivion didn't have that command you had to take more roundabout methods.

Yeah that's what they were saying, Oblivion was the last game they didn't do that.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Gaius Marius posted:

the whole principle about how the time it takes to perform a task scales with how much time is allotted to it but it's with carry weight / inventory space

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

DaysBefore posted:

Lol. Frankly all you Weightcheat Maxers end up doing way more inventory management than us Default Chads because you have to sort through a list of ten thousand different knockoff SPAMs and Cactus Fruit to find one RadAway whereas we have nice simple lists

Diagnosis: skill issue

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Eric the Mauve posted:

Yeah that's what they were saying, Oblivion was the last game they didn't do that.

Whoops.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

I see the unlimited companions mod, but is there a mod that doesn't increase your party size but does get every companion's reactions to situations and conversations, regardless which one's with you?

I just want I was playing Rogue Trader and that's one of the options in the treasure box mod there, so it got me thinking.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

DoubleNegative posted:

Imagine not making periodic trips back to whatever player home you've set up to drop your poo poo into sort-enabled containers. Have a weight limit of 10,000 while still being below 200 because you store all the guns you steal on the Lombard Station walls!

Yup, that's me. Got to have at least one set of every armor in the lockers just because I can while I use something completely different with silly armor stats because the modder goofed up.

Plotac 75
Aug 8, 2007
Mysteries of the ancient lizardman sealed by ancient, mysterious lizard magicks lost in the mysterious realm of ancient lizardmen from ages far, far ago.

Arbite posted:

I see the unlimited companions mod, but is there a mod that doesn't increase your party size but does get every companion's reactions to situations and conversations, regardless which one's with you?

I just want I was playing Rogue Trader and that's one of the options in the treasure box mod there, so it got me thinking.

That sounds like it would be very difficult, since it'd have to load every location where you've got a companion or something like that, if I understand your meaning properly.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Cooked Auto posted:

Yup, that's me. Got to have at least one set of every armor in the lockers just because I can while I use something completely different with silly armor stats because the modder goofed up.

Obsessively collecting every single unique weapon in the game but only ever using a single pistol ftw

esquilax
Jan 3, 2003

Weird to get a response that I'm playing the game wrong in this, a dedicated modding thread. We're all playing the game wrong, on purpose.

Electric Phantasm posted:

All you ever need is your favorite gun and a ton of drugs anyway.

The point is to carry all the guns so that when I get bored of the marksman rifle I can switch to the minigun or the grenade launcher or the plasma caster or the power fist.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Yeah and then you take some turbo and some psycho and just go to town, right?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

esquilax posted:

Weird to get a response that I'm playing the game wrong in this, a dedicated modding thread. We're all playing the game wrong, on purpose.

this is a game where the most popular "mod" is "the game, but fixed by the literal game design lead after he had the actual time to finish it"

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

esquilax posted:

It's not that you're "playing the game wrong", modding away game mechanics you don't like is perfectly fine, it's that you failed a speech check here:

esquilax posted:

People gave you advice based on the information provided, and you responded by treating it as the most obvious thing in the world that you're in fact thousands of pounds above the limit and that it's absurd to assume you were doing anything else.

Which is to say it reads as if you're telling the people trying to help you that we're playing the game wrong. Thus the defensiveness. It kinda put people on the back foot.

ThaumPenguin fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Apr 24, 2024

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Also I do have a suggestion for that: Empty your inventory into your auto-sort containers in your housing of choice,. Be carrying literally nothing. Then pick stuff to take. IThat way you're not going "well what can I put away".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esquilax
Jan 3, 2003

ThaumPenguin posted:

It's not that you're "playing the game wrong", modding away game mechanics you don't like is perfectly fine, it's that you failed a speech check here:

People gave you advice based on the information provided, and you responded by treating it as the most obvious thing in the world that you're in fact thousands of pounds above the limit and that it's absurd to assume you were doing anything else.

Which is to say it reads as if you're telling the people trying to help you that we're playing the game wrong. Thus the defensiveness. It kinda put people on the back foot.

I don't actually think anyone here was being that serious

Zereth posted:

Also I do have a suggestion for that: Empty your inventory into your auto-sort containers in your housing of choice,. Be carrying literally nothing. Then pick stuff to take. IThat way you're not going "well what can I put away".

I like the Lucky 38 suite but that's really inconvenient from a gameplay perspective :(

Not as bad as it used to be with an SSD and a modern computer, but still annoying. Is there a good mod for that?