Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Mister Bung posted:

So I'm not far in the game and using Goodsprings as my dump location (pushed some crates near to the benches) do I get a hideout at any point? Now that I've installed FengShui I need some space to create man.

Yeah. Get into New Vegas strip and the events should happen to you automatically pretty much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Are there any good mods for improving the look of PCs faces? I realized mine is kinda ugly still and I can just use the console for plastic surgery but I wonder if any mods make PCs look better. I know this is kinda vague of a request but I admittedly dont know what I'm looking for exactly either.

RagnarokAngel fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Jan 4, 2011

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Yes. Check out Fallout New Vegas Redesigned under the Miscellaneous section in the OP. It is essentially NV's Project Beauty. It doesn't seem to be compatible with body replacers, but it adds a whole new level of detail into faces and necks that wasn't there before, and the end result is pretty amazing.

The mod replaces the textures for eyes, as well, but the change is subtle enough to not look cartoony or distracting. The skin and eye effects also carry over to your PC. You should check it out.

Example:

Ah I used this but didnt know it carried over to PCs. Good to know.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

I dunno, MMORPGs are filled with that poo poo too. I dont think every male nerd is a transsexual or has any actual fantasies of being a woman, but it seems incredibly common.

RagnarokAngel fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Jan 4, 2011

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Question, where is the mod that adjust the XP required to level up (or adjusts how much you get, I forget which it does)? I havent even met Mr. House yet and I'm level 12 so I think I need to slow it down a bit.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Found the XP mod, shoulda searched first.

Anyway another question. I cant seem to get the console to work. I know this isnt technically mod related but seems like people here might still know, I checked the .ini files and that stuff all seems to be correct but I hit ~ and nothing happens. Are there normal stuff to check?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

How does it handle NPCs talking? Does it have...custom voice acting :gonk:

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Off the top of my head, have you given a look at the Performance DOF that was just released today on the Nexus? It is intended to be a low-impact DOF mod used to reduce that "jittering" distant texture thing that drives some people crazy.

Took a look at this what exactly does it do? Make the distance look less crap basically?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Gyshall posted:

- Human Body and Face - New normals - this makes the default bodies and skins look updated/detailed without making nude poo poo or adding any high res textures at all.

Does this work with Fallout New Vegas Redesigned? I assume not but might as well check.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

There needs to be a scythe mod you look like some post apocalyptic grim reaper.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

What's the difference between black and regular anyway?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

It's an item in your inventory, the apparel section, its icon is a party hat.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

OK so I tried to arrange my mod order and now the games a little slower but only when I look at specific things like light sources. I dont think this was an issue before.

Any idea what may be the issue?

(Unchecked ones were ones I installed recently and thought I'd try to fix it, it didnt really fix it completely).

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

homerlaw posted:

Is there any easy way to delete all the mods I've Installed? I'm to the point of being a House of Cards in a Windstorm and wish to start over.

Delete the ESM files and the meshes and texture folders, that should do it.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

I love the rest of it but what is it with modders and making visors like that? That doesn't happen in real life that's what happens in a cartoon.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Horns posted:

I always thought I was the only one annoyed by that. How many games have done visor view right? Metro 2033 is the only one that comes to mind:

Click here for the full 1024x640 image.

I actually was thinking of Metro 2033 when I said that. I love the "filters" like how the Brotherhood of Steel power armor has that green filter, it looks really neat and immersive. Maybe we can suggest they keep that but lose the outline, or at least offer it in two flavors, outline and filter or filter only? Do they have an email we can reach them at?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Schubalts posted:

Alternate .esp for New Vegas Redesigned.

Alternate? So I should only be using one? :doh:

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Mr. Carlisle posted:

http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=39669

I don't know if this one is more sad or funny.

A girl he 'sits near' in high school 'wanted her own mod' so he made it for her. Also, she's located in a bathroom but she's totally not using it.

Then he flips out because people are talking about him being obsessed in the comments:

I'm trying to imagine a conversation where a girl would go "Oh you make mods for a video game? Can you put me in it?" and it's not coming to me.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Brace posted:

shittleware, someone give me auto-updating in fomm goddamnit stupid gamebryo

You should take your avatar's advice mate.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Now that's a man who loves his job.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

I SAID LISTEN posted:

Is this the kind of game I should play through on vanilla at least once before piling on the mods?

I added mods on my first run but I recommend keeping it down to mods that change subtle things, and avoid stuff that adds whole new content.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

So why does 3GB New Vegas strip steam ties out? Was it necessary to make the mod work or does the modder just have an irrational dislike of steam?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Vita posted:

This playthrough I want to play a chem addict, using all the drugs and alcohol I can, is there any mods that could help with that?

What do you mean "help"? Give you some perks for doing it like Cass's whiskey rose perk but apply to more stuff?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

potaties posted:

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

This game wouldn't be the same without mods.

hahahah what the hell? Link now.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Is it near the bottom of your load order?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

drat that is classy.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Anal Surgery posted:

At the risk of exposing myself as a creepy weirdo, I took the animated prostitution mod for a spin. Just to add icing to the creeper cake, I tested all the functions with No-Bark Noonan.

I submit that the true Fallout experience will not be yours until you too have experienced No-bark railing you in the rear end and saying "Be careful, there's spies out there!" over and over.

I'm cringing only reading this.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

It may not be the only thing but I know electro city needs to be as close to the bottom as you can manage.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

What the gently caress

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

quote:

Whenever I play a video game that has any form of companions, I immediately have to obtain them. After I get them, I want more companions. This is due to my social ineptitude at making real-life friend
...least he's honest?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Mr. Crow posted:

Buy more ammo? Don't use one gun?

I try and carry one gun for each ammo type and I do fine. That's probably a tad excessive but with allies it's easy even if your Strength is low. Lot of times enemies in an area are all using the same gun so if thats not your ammo of choice youre kind of boned. Diversity is good.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Apotheosis posted:

I've found a massive two-handed katana on the Nexus. This, combined with a "stealth recon duster" from the advanced assault recon mod (or whatever it's called) will make my character look like an anime.

Can I...can I get a picture?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Whalley posted:

I don't get sword mods. The best sword is already in the game. It's the bumper sword. The bumper sword is the Best Sword.

If you want to play a post apocalyptic Cloud sure. But sephiroth? I'mma need a mod.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Apotheosis posted:

e: Picture time!

Click here for the full 960x600 image.

Dude looks like he's gonna bat a meteor right back into space.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

One Sick Puppy posted:

I don't get how all y'all are ok with brand shiny new tacticlol AK-47s in a post-apocalyptic video game.

Erm do you know what tacticlol means? It's putting an unnecessary number of scopes, attachments etc. thinking it looks like something a SEAL would use. That has no attachments.

The fact that it's brand new looking is a point of contention but Im guessing since its clearly a gimmick character he doesn't care.

RagnarokAngel fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Feb 9, 2011

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

ReV VAdAUL posted:

Bah, see that is (very mildly) annoying in a different way, wouldn't new guns not wear out nearly as fast as the centuries old ones you can also run into?

Inferior materials?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Naky posted:

Game balance. Give a gun 10000HP in GECK and it'll last a pretty long time.

Well that's the obvious answer, I played Operation: Anchorage, I was just trying to give an in-game explanation.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

nomad2020 posted:

I agree with you about the credit thing, everyone likes credit (unless your ashamed of the work) but is becoming really famous a risk in fallout modding?

That's not the point. I don't get why "People deserve credit for their work" is an alien concept here. It's not like he's demanding a royalty check, he's simply asking for people to go "Hey we used parts of this guy's mod and he's a cool dude so we wanna give him credit, check out his stuff". It takes 5 seconds to add that to a txt file in the rar file and the posting on the nexus.

People have a right to feel like their work is attributed to them, even if the level of fame or money is small.

Sure maybe he's overreacting, that's an understandable belief to take. And maybe you as a modder don't care if people use your work without your permission, but someone still has the right to want that in their own work.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Naky posted:

On this point, I do agree with you. As I said, asking for the credit isn't unreasonable and in my case were I doing one weapon I would ask and I would credit specifically. The circumstances of my pack are just so complex that to truly go and get everyone's permission for everything involved - the original modeler, the original texturer, the original animator, the person that ripped the resources from the original sources, the person who got permission to port it from the previous person, etc that Nexus requires is insane. And probably impossible for weapons that were stolen from games like STALKER, Counterstrike, BF2142 and more.

Sorry to draw out this one point but isn't the issue that they didnt give him credit, not that they didnt ask? I know asking people is hard, you might send them an email and they wont reply, if you can even find their email. But is it hard to list where you got it from?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

The game does have some low int dialogue but they're very sparing.