Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gumball Dad
Apr 9, 2007

Wanna meet that dad
Oh man, why'd I have to open this thread? I wanna play NV again but I'm not sure if my save game from when I played it over a year ago would work with a new install since I had played with a ton of mods during that game. There's so many new ones out now though that I'm thinking it might just be better to start all over from scratch with a new game. I'm building a new computer in a couple days so why the hell not, right? Other than the stuff marked as such in the OP, are there any other mods that should be considered "essentials"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Dad
Apr 9, 2007

Wanna meet that dad
I just got my new computer setup, NV installed, and about 7 million mods downloaded. I think I've got just about all the bases covered, but I have a couple questions.

Is the Community Bugfix Compilation Patch a must have? It seems to fix/change a lot of things, but I'm not sure if for the better. What is everyone here's opinion of it?

Also, I need one or two mod recommendations: I hate having to shoot a normal guy 20 times to kill him. I like gun fights to feel dangerous and short lived. Are there any good mod that makes the games combat more blunt/dangerous/fps-like? Also are there any decent blood texture mods or rag doll physics mods? Lastly, I hate how NV deals with faction rep. Is there a mod to balance that whole rep system and make it so it's somewhat logical?

Gumball Dad fucked around with this message at 21:14 on May 26, 2011

Gumball Dad
Apr 9, 2007

Wanna meet that dad
When installing mods, is it best to just use the FOMM package manager to handle all the 7zip files from the Nexus? Like, do I just click on 'open FOMOD' in the package editor and select each rar'ed mod I downloaded?

Gumball Dad fucked around with this message at 22:29 on May 26, 2011