Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Anybody make a mod yet that lets you target in VATS with your fist?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
What's a good inventory management mod? I'm tired of scrolling through 9 pages of ammunition to get to actual things.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Chronojam posted:

Looking at screenshots and comments on the lighting engine have made me curious. How many people have bothered to enable ambient occlusion? I flipped it on and it wasn't as taxing as I expected, but made things look a lot better in subtle ways.

Post some screens. I wouldn't mind seeing the difference.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Freeze guns? I want some freeze guns.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Holy crap I just saw the database of weapons in that mod... jesus.

Why no unarmed love? The melee weapons sound like fun though. I'll definitely check this out when you release your update.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, the nexus seems to back the lack of unarmed up. I really don't see why they didn't just consolidate melee and unarmed like they did big and small guns. Punching people and stabbing people use substantially similar skill sets.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Hey, there's lots more stuff you could do if you wanted to go nuts with it.

-Assassin's Creed style hidden blades (give them a big damage boost on sneak criticals!)
-Some kind of electrified brass-knuckles. Deals extra damage to robots.
-Flaming boxing gloves. They ignite people when you hit them.
-Rocket propelled gauntlets. Attacking with them sends you flying forward like sprinting in Project Nevada. They deal maximal damage if you've left enough room between you and your target to accelerate (a few meters or so).

I can see how unarmed options are generally going to be more limited than other weapons though. It really depends more on your skill and stats than weapons. I think unarmed just kind of sucks in FO3/NV because it's so oversimplified. You can't even sub-target limbs in VATS, let alone do stuff that would make unarmed skill more useful, like martial arts holds/throws, disarming opponents, etc. All you can do is punch people over and over.

Agreed. I really miss being able to called-shot: Testicles on npcs using my foot.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Is there some manner of manequin mod? I've been compulsively collecting all these outifts and I would love some way to display them... because they look awful folded up, and placing them is a nightmare.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Rirse posted:

I tried a port of the old Manequin mod for New Vegas, but I stopped using it when it wouldn't let me fast travel because the models got listed as enemies and they would melt when I leave the room (this was at the SINK).

Not familiar. But drat trying to display things is a pain in the rear end. Try to place one thing and 3 other things fly away. Right now my floor is littered with unique clothing. It's just piled up.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I want to get the NMC texture deal, but no way my connection can handle a file that size without a torrent. Yay satellite!

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Is there anything that will help me sort poo poo out on shelves and such? Flinging things around with the Z key is wildly inaccurate and the clipping box on items means they knock each other off shelves... The nexus, it helps me not.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Installed that mannequin mod all up in the sink. Was pretty boss at first, until I realized the fuckers were trying to follow me around Dr. Who angel style.

Scared the poo poo out of me to turn around in goodsprings and find my well armed, well dressed mannequin millitia striking poses behind me like this was just another day hanging out at banana republic or some poo poo.

I swear to god one of them shot a hostile NPC... but god only knows which one. You look at them and the fuckers are all still again.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Is there a mod that will give me a gun or something to manipulate NPC's? Like.. permanently freeze them in place, or pose them or some such?

I mean.. since the mannequins don't work... I just spawned Elijah. Toggled His ai and combat ai... then removed all his gear and added a dead money jumpsuit and a bomb collar.

It would be cool if you could make him do things thouogh. I can't even seem to make him stop being angry. If I turn any of his ai on he steals the nearest weapon whether or not he can actually weild it and starts shooting. I set all his specials down to 1. and his carryweight is 1... Jesus, calm down man.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

fennesz posted:

I really need to stop looking at the nexus homepage whenever I load it.

:nws: Thank you so much for putting latest images on your homepage. :nws:

I don't see how that is NWS. Fully dressed person sliding on a pole.

In other news.. I need to have the groovetron.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

fennesz posted:

Are you telling me you'd be fine with your boss looking over your shoulder as that image loads up?

We've apparently got very different standards of normal.

It's .. a fully clothed (man?) sliding down a pole. It's odd, but if odd poo poo were NWS every thread would be filled with those tags.

But then.. NWS is defined pretty loosely in practice. I would consider blowing a persons brains out less NWS than the same guy sliding down a pole. End of aside.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Groovitron is all hosed up. Doesn't work half the time at all and the images are all screwey.

I like the stasis cell/teleport thing. Makes me want to start my own superjail.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Forget mannequins.. I think I'm just going to start my own prison. That way I can just kidnap assholes I don't like... and put them in cells or soemthing.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Someone make a mod where I get to play as Ed-E and all my dialogue responses are beeps and noises.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Is there something in there for changing the player's model? I can't find it and I kind of want to give a "Ed-E as the main character" mod a go.

Changing the dialogues to beeps and bips will be time consuming, but easy enough to do.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

So you're planning to replace the Courier's dialogue options with beeps and noises? How will you even play the game once you lose to ability to tell what you're saying to NPCs?

That's the most amazing part. You emote a bit into the important parts... but mostly is like they are having a conversation with a coffee maker.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Smol posted:

So... why would you want to play the game like that?

The same reason people miss INT 1 dialogue options. They would be new and funny. You might even have an actual conversation with a robot.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Tewratomeh posted:

I think the "beeps and bips" thing would work better if you have the dialog options written out like the commands you can give ED-E as the Courier, like <Begin: Companion Protocol> or whatever. Like if you want to give an affirmative response, it would be something like <Initiate Response: Affirmative>, and so on. And instead of getting new dialog options when you're given quest information, you record and playback audio from key NPC's. So in the Brotherhood scout quest, for example, you go out and replay the Elder's message when you encounter the scouts with something like <Playback: "Message from the Elder">.

Probably. Sadly, I've been informed that there probably isn't a way to replace a player with a non player model.

Plus I'm lazy and bad at coding. But it remains a dream, somewhere over the horizon,

(doesn't ed-e actually have invisible legs or some poo poo?)

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Luminaflare posted:

Is there a character/save editor? After having played a bit I want to change it so you get a perk every level but I don't want to have to replay through the game to get my character back to where I am just to get the extra perks.

The cheat console lets you add whatever. I find it most convenient. its in the docs house, along with a portable version.

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=35358

Cousin Todd fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Aug 31, 2011

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Submitted it as being offensive to extreme jihadists. I would be really surprised if that had any effect.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Chinese Tony Danza posted:

I can't possibly imagine somebody sitting down, thinking up this combo, and then saying to themselves, "Yeah, alright, this could work." Like... is this serious? I can't listen to it right now as I'm just about to walk out the door, but I can't picture this being anything other than some massive joke with too much effort put into it.

Or someone from TCC.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Has there been any talk about the Signature Armor & Signature Weapons mods? They sound pretty awesome for those that just like to go through the game with 1 set or armor/weapon though the weapon level-up sound like they will basically turn a good weapon into a woops 1-shot that deathclaw by grazing its toe level of ridiculousness.

Though I imagine using PN to tweak combat/damage settings you may be able to find a challenging balance to keep combat from turning into "shoot bullets unto the sponge monster/raider/robot"

I made fist of the north rawr my signature weapon. :black101:

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
anyone know if the signature weapon mod counts companion kills? If not ill pass on ED-E for a while.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
For someone using signature armor... what do the settings even do? It's not covered in the readme. Toggle xp penalty? toggle halt leveling? I don't know what that means.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Ddraig posted:

The armour takes a portion of your xp to level up. You can stop that effect, or leave your armour at its current level etc.

Wouldn't stopping it from getting xp keep it from leveling up anyway? Are they redundant or am I missing something.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Strudel Man posted:

It doesn't actually run off the XP taken away. Disabling the XP penalty makes it level up (slightly) faster, since you'll be accumulating XP faster.

As well as letting you yourself level up faster, of course.

Where does the xp taken away go to? Is is just wasted? Why would anyone want that?

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Arenovalis posted:

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=44146

Released the new Varmint yesterday.

Man that is nice work. Looks like a photograph at first glance.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Cantorsdust posted:

I would be, too. I'm at 49 now, about to hit 50, and I would get bored as hell if I can't get me some more perks.

Third'd. Signature weapon and armor are my two favorite mods now. I do kind of wish there was some way to retain at least a fraction of the points and switch to a new item later though.

I've been using Lightweight leather armor and Lucky since level 1. They are great and all, but at level 20 I kind of would like to change things up without having to start from scratch. Mind you, Lucky killed Rawr with only 1 reload and before he got to me.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Strudel Man posted:

Okay, I've updated Signature Weapons and Armor with the ability to keep half the levels you previously gained when you disown and adopt a new weapon/armor.

Also revised the 'bottomless' ability on weapons - I originally limited it to in-combat only to avoid getting back some of your ammo if you should happen to sell it while wielding the weapon. I achieve a similar effect now by making the return only happen if 10 or less ammo is missing between frames, that being the highest amount I know to be consumed in a single shot.

And yes, this does mean that you can potentially get free ammo by dropping 8 or so of it at your feet and then picking it up again. So don't do that. :mad:

Downloaded and endorsed!

Does it work with whatever ammo? I mean like... hand loads or mini nukes or whatever? Bottomless I mean.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

VisAbsoluta posted:

This is brilliant and makes me want to do a :spergin: run

I was just about to post this link.

News at 11: 7 autistic children have admitted to the ICU burn unit because neighborhood kids thought that autism made people fireproof.

Autism awareness INDEED!

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
So what? Doc mitchel's house has childproof locks that you just can't seem to open... and every few hours he brings you juice and a sandwich because it's the only thing you eat. Instead of a pip-boy radio all you can hear is the sounds of your own grunting and moaning as you rock back in forth in a chair in the living room. Also, if anyone visits you try and bite them.

Sounds like a fun mod.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Strudel Man posted:

Well, I made Golden Bullets, if anyone's interested in a fairly silly and pointless mod.

Edit: They look a lot brassier in-game than they did in nifskope. :/

I like it. Needs more nails.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

VisAbsoluta posted:

Yes, it's very weak, but perhaps using the Signature Weapon Mod could make it at least decent. I don't know, I never used the mod, gonna have to try and see.

I'm not familiar with the weapon, but ive been using the poo poo out of the mod. You can make it a real weapon so long as it actually does some actual amount of damage first. If you max out lethal that adds 15 damage right there, plus multiplying the base damage.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Zedd posted:

Signature weapons is awesome as can be, A bit unbalanced for already powerful stuff but drat now I can just use any gun I like and have it be viable. :swoon:

My feelings exactly. I've been sporting my nail gun since level 1 and it is death incarnate at level 23.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Strudel Man posted:

No, it's in addition to.

And I'm afraid there's no 'unleveling' ability.

Or, well. I suppose you could remove some of the perks it gives you with the console...

Or disown it, then reown it to put it back at half power or so...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Strudel Man I continue to love your mods to death as it has defeated my innate desire to start characters over and over for some reason. The only sad part was running out of things to throw onto my stuff at level up :negative: None the less excellent job and I can't thank you enough.

Only other mods I'm running are NV bounties 1/2. Only thing about them that piss me off is that I am never ever able to sneak up on the drat bounties with my 100 sneak and stealth field... because the events are all scripted. I read note, 40 goons instant spawn who can see men anyhow and I blow off all their legs with my nail gun. Once or twice makes sense, they planned for my arrival... But every freaking time.

But the stories are kind of interesting still looking for that legion gold... I haven't don a single story quest since installing bounties... I should probably get back on that. Also, dent looks and awful lot like the Stranger...