Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stranger Danger Ranger
Jul 21, 2007
There are lizards coming out of my tv.

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Ever since I found Chai's FO3 plasma remodels, I couldn't help but notice how well it makes the plasma pistol and rifle fit in with the plasma weapons New Vegas adds (the Defender and Plasma Caster.) Then I noticed that the aesthetics of the default plasma rifles don't really fit in with any of the other energy weapons. They look cobbled together and accidental--especially the pistol...hell, I'd even go so far as to say that Chai's remodels go along with the recharger weapons, too. :tinfoil:

So I took it upon myself to port this mod over to Fallout: New Vegas and adjust the weapons to meet all of the vanilla criteria. It's not the greatest job in the world, and I'll probably have to pull it down if the author doesn't like what I'm doing (all credit's going to him), nor do I think it works well with WME or other weapon mods. But if you absolutely, positively cannot stand to look at the default plasma weapons, this might tie you over until somebody does something better.

TL/DR: I ported a guy's FO3 mod that replaces the plasma pistol and rifle. I changed the settings to match their vanilla counterparts, so the mod simply replaces the models and nothing more. EASY PEASY!

Get it while it's out there.

EDIT: The pistol texture isn't distorted in the game, I just botched the image scaling a bit.

Plasma Weapons Remodeled

I'm considering remodelling those so that their clips are actually small energy cells/microfusion cells, just need to figure out where to put them. Might put the MF cell in the front of the part at the bottom of the rifle and have it use the laser RCW reload. The pistol might be tricky though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stranger Danger Ranger
Jul 21, 2007

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Actually it doesn't have to do with reanimated pistols--I know this because the speedloader clipping through the back of the pistol became apparent a while back when I was using one of the original WME versions. I'm not sure what the cause is, but I do know that WME's author acknowledged at one point and didn't seem to know how to prevent it from happening.

It's caused by the speed loader nodes in the nif not having a NiVisController. A simple copy/paste from a version of the gun that has them will fix it.

Stranger Danger Ranger
Jul 21, 2007

Dickeye posted:

Someone want to translate this?

Or otherwise assist me in fixing it?

I'll give it a shot. First you need to open the nif in nifskope, then open the vanilla version of a gun that uses the same reload animation. So in this case it'd be a .44 Magnum (it's best to extract it from the .bsa using FOMM).

Now, find two nodes, one named ##speedloader, and one named ##swmcasing, both should be located in the ##swmCylinder node, which itself should be inside the ##swmCrane node. You can find them quickly by just clicking on the speed loader in the render window. Do this in both models you have open.

You'll then see the original has NiVisControllers inside the casing and speedloader nodes. Just right click one, go to block, copy branch. Then in the gun you're fixing, highlight the appropriate node, right click, block, paste branch.

If you already see NiVisControllers in the nif you're trying to fix, then remove them and replace them. That should work.