Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Huh... this is weird.

I'm using Nevada Skies in conjunction with Electro-City. As soon as I load my game, it looks like this:

Click here for the full 1680x1050 image.

But, as soon as I move it starts getting "lighter", until it finally looks like: (It's something like 3am in both pictures, this happens in like, 5 to 10 seconds)

Click here for the full 1680x1050 image.

I have the Electro-city nevada skies replacer activated, here's what the load order looks like:

Any idea what could be causing this? I really like the way the game looks as soon as it loads. =/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

FlocksOfMice posted:

By my experience, Nevada Skies does that if it isn't pretty much dead last in the load order. I don't know how it plays with the Electro-City, but try moving it down lower and see if it plays along better?

I just just trying that, but kept doing the same thing. What happened was, when you activate both of them on FOMM, you get this:

I was activating both Nevada Skies and the Nevada skies "patch" that came with Electro-City, when you only need to have the one from Electro City active (as shown in the picture). The patch uses the data from Nevada Skies, so you need to have it installed but not activated.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Quick question:

How do you install mods with FOMM that have "updates" or multiple different "packs" but same name?

For example, Tailor Maid has two different sets, but when trying to use FOMM they but have the same name and will only let me activate one of them at the same time.

Something similar happens with the Fallout New Vegas Redesign, it has a main file and an update, but when activating the update the mods from the main pack just disappear from the list.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

SheepNameKiller posted:

I'm not sure what Tailor Maid stuff you're trying to install exactly but it sounds like you're misunderstanding the mod and that the ESPs you're trying to use are actually different versions of the mod instead of files that compliment each other. Using both at once somehow is likely to lead to nothing but bugs. You can't use the MAIN version with the NO ENCH version, for example. It's one or the other since they both add the same items but one is a little more powerful than the other.

No, I meant for example Tailor Maid NV - Main and Tailor Maid NV Black. Black has the kickass skull mask which the main doesn't have, but the main has other cool stuff. When I use FOMM and the "Add FOMod" to add them, it adds them with the same name and I can only activate one or the other.

With Fallout New Vegas Redesign I have two files: the main file and a 90k "update". When I add them with the package manager I get two mods named "Fallout New Vegas Redesigned" but with different version numbers, and only lets me use one at a time, but gives me different modules to activate once I get back to the main window.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

SheepNameKiller posted:

Main and Black are mutually exclusive, you can only use one or the other. You should only be activating the Updates ESP for Redesigned, since it's the most recent version. You can say no all you want by the way but I'm exactly right in what I'm telling you, when stuff has the same name it's meant to replace and not be used in tandem with.

Gotcha, I was getting mixed up with the names of the packages and the names of the esp's.

So, if I have something like Redesigned with a main file and an update file, I should just add both with the package manager and then activate the latest one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

SheepNameKiller posted:

Update ESPs are tricky. The problem is that the updated ESP is only an updated mod file but you still need all of the resources from the original file - meshes, textures, etc. You can't actually activate mods like this in FOMM, not unless the author re-packs all of the stuff into one file and reuploads. You'll need to install them the old fashioned way by first copying everything from the version 1.0 file to your data folder and then doing the same with the UPDATE file, overwriting when prompted. Optionally you could re-pack the zip file yourself and replace the original ESP with the UPDATE ESP I guess, then activate THAT mod in FOMM. Just make sure that you're packing everything mesh and texture-wise from the original file along with the ESP from the Update file.

Yeah, I had to do something like that to get Nevada Skies woring with Electro City. As electro city comes with a "compatibility" esp for Nevada skies, I had to install nevada the old fashioned way and than activate the .esp from Electro city or it wouldn't load the textures correctly.

Thanks for the help and for clearing that up.