Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
I recently reinstalled new vegas and decided to go crazy with the modding, usually I just go for tweeks and unofficial patches.

Using FCO, the first thing I did was find some sunglasses for Boone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Or maybe they knew about the coming mods

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

SplitSoul posted:

Hope Bethesda is listening. I want at least Sniper Elite levels of scrote-shooting.

Edit: Wasteland rabbi gimmick playthrough.

Maybe this but also you can't shoot anywhere but the crotch

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
A decent face mod is nice since the game zooms in on NPCs during conversations

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
I see the Willow companion being really popular but at first glance she just looks like someone modded in their little fetishdoll for lack of a better word since this is nexus we're talking about.

How far away from the truth am I?

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

CJacobs posted:

With an unfortunate caveat, you're actually not very close to the mark. The person that created Willow did it because they were annoyed by the personality-less, sometimes mute companions created by Nexus users. So he created Willow and now she has unique items and voice acting and a backstory and all kinds of crap that's cool and unusual for your standard Nexus companion mod. People complained about her being too pretty so he added a lore-friendly version which is odd but alright.

Then he added a romance sidequest that ends with Willow doing the sex with you after a striptease and it's like dude come on.

Sounds a lot better than what I imagined, guessing the romance plot is optional so it won't really matter to me.

I'll give it a try

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Right, I'll stick to Sunny Smiles then

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Oh yeah, I have that eye thing too, something is messed up with the eye texture.

Though there are few enough kids in this game that lizard eyes is just funny rather than annoying.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Arcsquad12 posted:

Are there any mods that sweep up the junk and clutter around interior houses? I sort of echo Gopher that people would still clean up after themselves in the future.

I think New Vegas Restoration would be what you're looking for

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

CJacobs posted:

That's basically what Viscera Cleanup Detail is depending on what level you play. :v:

If by 'lock away' you mean 'incinerate', then yes!

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
I'd use PN if I didn't have to use xpadder or something for the extra binds since I play with a controller

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Fereydun posted:

gently caress i wish i could remember which enbs these were taken with

You're not the only one
:aaaaa:

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
If you got old man molebutt it's definitly Overhaul

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Pretend you have xray specs

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
I knew it was him because he was talking about the game on Ellen.

At least I think it was Ellen.. Oh well it was some odd place anyway.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
/\/\/\
I think they were talking about removing the cerebral connection

You are free to ignore him until the NCR mission givers force you to deal with him

Ahundredbux fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Jan 31, 2015

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
It'd be a stalker fallout hybrid and games would finally be art

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Mix in some cliff racer and we got a deal

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Little difference was felt by the inhabitants of respective world though

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

chitoryu12 posted:

Yeah, I tend to always use it. It's really easy to get addicted, in part because you kinda start chain-smoking almost immediately when you decide that your character should smoke and cigarettes are so hilarious easy to find (one carton has 200 cigs).

I liked the old Fallout 3 mod better, where packs had a random number of cigarettes still left in them instead of always being full.

I use this: http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/49677/

Mostly for the great VATS shots you get when you toss a stick of dynamite while smoking a cigar.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
A perfect example of how they kinda hosed up, "Let's take what was more or less a one-shot joke and turn it into a whole gameplay segment and also work it into the canon".

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

SeanBeansShako posted:

Doesn't MM do stupid poo poo too like remove female NCR soldiers and other dumb changes like that?

All official patches except for YUP adds a bunch of extra unwanted poo poo, something many larger mods have in common :v:

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Are you using quick saves in combination with CASM? I've heard that can cause issues?

Guessing the game loads fine if you start a new game?

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

el_caballo posted:

Are you talking about the urban legend of starting a new game then quitting out of it and loading your real one? That didn't work for me.

I have been using CASM's quick save function. In my six year struggle to finish this game, I was never aware of any advice to not use quick saves. Maybe in 500 days, when I try to play it again, I'll remember.

Maybe I'll load up an old Zion save and "console: kill" my way though the past four hours. Already done that once though. Not sure I have the patience.

Once you load it up the custom radio with Cash, Willie, Presley and Neko, it's a really great excuse to drink bourbon and stay up late, but jesus christ this engine.

I'm probably going to keep playing until the load times hit 5 mins for the above reason. Once you hear "Highwayman" in-game, half-drunk at 2:30 on a work night... gonna keep chasing that feeling.

Nah, I mean the none-casm quick save, perhaps you can use a save cleaner or something to reduce the size of the save?

Really wish I had some better advice but last time I had load time issues it was my harddrive failing :shrug:

Ahundredbux fucked around with this message at 11:24 on Jan 21, 2016

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

SeanBeansShako posted:

What is the mod that restores Nipton like?

Not very interesting

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Crindee posted:

what's wrong dude don't you want all the women to look like nude bodybuilders

while this is not my cup of tea, they've done a good job with the neck seams

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Yup that sure sounds like EVE

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
nevermind

Ahundredbux fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Nov 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
pretty excellent that you can accidentally mod your game to turn into groundhog day