Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
The Goodsprings Home might be what you want. The uber-vault section is through a trapdoor. The main house looks just like the other houses in Goodsprings; bed, couch, table with chairs, oven, and a wardrobe.

The screenshots on the page are outdated, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

There was a seperate narrow shouldered version of Type3, made a while after. They aknowledged that it made some animations look weird, but that the shoulders not being abnormally wide to fit the skeleton were worth it.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

The nightwear is cleavagehappy in vanilla.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Not making that up, I swear.

A surprising number of people use the Shojo mod. Same with its precursors in Oblivion.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

FirstPersonShitter posted:

Pedo anime child nude body. Reaaaally creepy.

Nono no, you haven't seen that mod. That mod is an Oblivion mod. With actual child bodies. Shojo just makes characters short with bigger anime heads.

I found it funny that the Oblivion modder kept telling people to stop bring up pedos in his clothes threads.

e: I know far too much about Oblivion modders

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Nuclear Pogostick posted:

... I think that's a little beyond me. I am about 99 percent sure I'd botch that.

Use this mod as a base. It uses a script to add derringers to leveled lists for NPCs and vendors.

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=39971

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

FirstPersonShitter posted:

If you go on new vegas nexus you won't have a choice, some fucker will have posted screenshots of their shojo character in the user screenshots section of any and every mod, no matter how innocuous.

You don't have to look at the user screenshots, though. No matter what mod it is or how many screenshots the uploader has, users will always post a needless "Thank You from my character" image.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Vier posted:

Need a little help with my load order, everything seems fine but honest pete has a giant red triangle over his body

Move FalloutNV.sm to the top. Something is messing with the clothes mesh that Pete uses. Do any of those mods edit the vanilla armor/clothes?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Freeside or West Side? The King or Mean Son of a Bitch?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Nope, no FOMOD script at all. And no updates for the concievable future, as the creator's computer died, taking all of his mods with it.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Jan posted:

Won't that basically give you the male body armour with a female head attached to it, though? It's one thing not to have form-fitting spandex armour, but metal or even leather armour wouldn't really fit given the difference in the base meshes' frames.

Yes, that's what not specifying gender-specific meshes does. You either get an invisible body, or the opposite gender's body.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Very good. I downloaded somebody's quicksave off of this thread and started it up with no problems.

Yup, as long as the mods match up, any save from anybody will work.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Anyone know if it's possible to copy the Stealth Suit MKII's AI script to other armor? I'm assuming it is, because it's a script.

Captain McStabbin posted:

One on the right is I think that creepy Willow companion mod and the one on the left looks like an Argonian from The Elder Scrolls.

That is Willow and a "Totally not an Argonian guys! I recolored these textures and everything!" Drake's Dragon Race from Oblivion. So drat many retextures of the vanilla races.

Yes I found and read the comments.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

JackMackerel posted:

Has anyone ported that Mass Effect 2 armor mod to FNV? I know it was on the Nexus for a while before... something happened.

Mass Effect armor is old news, bro! You need to grab the Vanquish armor!

Cool kids rocket slide across the Mojave.

vvv I just wait for my Chinese buddies to grab F3U stuff. Their download requirements are retarded.

Schubalts fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Aug 7, 2011

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Horns posted:

FAKE EDIT: Decided to install the medium pack just for shits and giggles, and MY GOD IT'S TAKING FOREVER. 15 minutes in and I'm only about 10% through. That's just for building the FOMOD, I've still got to activate the goddamn thing :suicide:

Speaking of activating large FOMODs, why does FOMM tell me that I'm out of memory? I have 8GB of RAM. It is always using about 1GB when it does this. My computer can handle extracting and creating that hugeass FOMOD, why can't FOMM activate it?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Talkie Toaster posted:

Nexus.

Under admin review already.

Nexus.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Get the Imaginator and up Cyan in the Tints settings a bit. It cancels out the yellow.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Does anybody know what part of the .esp I have to rip out to have a weather mod without night being unplayably dark?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

That is added by Lings. Damned if I can tell you what the hair's name is, there's so many.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

How do we alter conditions for dialogue topics? I can't find any edit button. I think this is the last thing stopping me from copying the Stealth Suit AI onto another outfit.

Making the suit an invisible accessory would be cheating and I get to learn more about scripting this way.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

fennesz posted:

Is this from an armor compilation mod? I ask because there's so few out there that aren't full of retarded anime poo poo or string bikinis.

Jill's BSAA outfit retextures

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Finally got the Stealth Suit AI onto different armor :toot:

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

The cheater perk doesn't do anything, it's just obnoxious. 0.7 will not have a hypograph, instead there will be multiple .esp files, because "the menu is unnecessary", but multiple .esp files that do what the menu already does are OK :downs:

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

You're supposed to wait until he makes the .esps that will control the individual settings :v:

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Rascyc posted:

Haha, I got sandstorms so much I got utterly tired of them.

The new version has increased storm chances because "realism isn't the purpose of the vanilla lighting". SO...

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Stop using Nevada Skies, start using F3NV Project Reality. It seems like its gonna be the new defacto lighting/weather mod.

Does Project Reality have pitch black nights? Does it have an option to revert the nights to vanilla brightness, if so?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

That's dark, but I can still see pretty far in that. Nevada Skies nights were literally pitch black for me, as if I had cranked every brightness setting on my computer to zero, except for lamps.

Night brightness changer maxed

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

You launch New Vegas normally. NVSE will be active as long as you put the files in the right place.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

And it still barely affects the brightness.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Brace posted:

Has anyone tried the Dynamic Third Person Camera mod? The one that changes the third person camera angle depending on what you're doing/what weapon you're using? It sounds pretty cool and I've been looking for a third person camera mod that actually allows me to play the game in third person seeing as any combat basically means you're missing your shots no matter what.

I use it. It really is dynamic. Even has a customizer that let's you edit the different angles. It makes third-person very playable to me. I have an easier time sniping in third, than using iron sights.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

What's NMS about a kid with a giant machine gun? That kid knows what's up.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Streyr posted:

Anyone have an idea as to why I can't seem to recreate the Stealth Suit Mk II voice on another piece of armor? I've set the armor to use the same script and enhancements as the stealth suit but the only time the voice comes on is when I'm removing the armor. I'm sure it's something simple that I've overlooked in my modding stupidity but I can't seem to figure it out.

E: :downs: Oh right. Changed every script I could find referencing the suit to link to the custom armor I'm using and still no dice.
E2: So looking around it seems that the voice actually comes from a creature file scripted to work with the armor so I guess I just have to make the armor go into a hidden slot like those invisible vests and use it that way.

Have you modified the dialogue conditions in the quest itself? You have to add the new set to every condition in the quest. It has to be right next to the condition that checks for the AuralStealthSuit, with an OR between them. That's what held me up when I did it.

I could try to copy my modified scripts and quest to a new .esp, too. I didn't copy over the upgrades, though. What are you adding the voice to?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Nevada Skies' night brightness does almost nothing at max brightness. And 0.7 of it doesn't have a weather customizing item anymore.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

VisAbsoluta posted:

Is it possible, and if so, how difficult would be to a) remove the automatic Med-X and Stimpak administration from the Stealth Suit and b) make it Light Armor? Keep in mind that I'm terrible when it comes to editing things.

As simple as removing or commenting out that section of the armor's scripts and clicking the Light Armor button.

Or try this esp. Just made it, but it should work.
http://www.mediafire.com/?oud050qcx582tna

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

I like Reality because the latest version has a weather customizer and the creator has actually said what specific parts of the esp to edit to make nights brighter until he can figure out why the menu option isn't working.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Seashell Salesman posted:

Can you post it here? I can't find this explanation anywhere.

Page 3 of the comments. Imagespace Modifier is under Special Effects.

jjc71 posted:

Hi all,

I'm back after a nice camping trip to North Wales:)

For those with GECK knowledge, you can edit night brightness with ImageSpaceModifier settings. The modifiers are F3NVISN1, F3NVISN2, F3NVISN3 and F3NVISTh. Add larger values to the brightness setting in the CINEMATIC section.

In the meantime I'll look at settings for 'Dark Wasteland'. Might be a problem with disabling it? I said I'd take a break but I'm already developing v4.:)

On the agenda for v4 are shadows, MCM , loads more cloud variations and well, loads of other subtle additions.

Speak soon.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Better That Gun is probably obsolete now, anyway, since That Gun has been improved by patches.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

What would happen if you disabled Honest Hearts, saved your game, re-enabled Honest Hearts, and loaded your save? I've never tried this myself...

He'd lose every item and quest that it added. It's the main method of updating large quest mods, which the DLC all counts as.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Retrograde posted:

And of course i solve this as soon as i post, turned off 'Subtle DoF' (whatever the gently caress that is, depth of field?) and yay, fast game again.

Simply, it blurs objects/distances that aren't the camera's focus. Like how going into VATS blurs everything but you and your target, or when the foreground for a television show gets sharper and the background gets blurry.

DoF in lighting mods is usually just there to blur the really far away mountains so they don't look as weird.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depth_of_field goes into ridiculous detail, but partway down, there are example photos of flowers and a cat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Brace posted:

With the third person centered it's pretty good, and it's a gently caress load easier to aim, I don't know how I played first person before, it's so loving hard to hit things with ironsights because the gun just recoils and then you can't see your target.

Yea, I have an easier time sniping guys in third-person unless the gun has a scope, and lever-actions don't have scopes.

DynamiCamera helps, too.