Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

So I played a couple playthroughs right after the release and decided to hold off anymore until plenty of mods came out (this is actually the first PC game I've really played other than poo poo like Age of Mythology). Are there enough mods out that it warrants playing again, or should I wait it out longer for more kickass mods?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

^^ poo poo, certainly missed that mod, that does sound incredible.

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

You should probably read the OP. I listed about 50 reasons why the game is worth playing again if all you've done is vanilla.

Oh yeah, it's just I have no frame of reference for Fallout 3. It feels like it was only just released relative to how long Fallout 3 was out and had mods coming out. I admit I did skim it somewhat, noticing some new additions like the Electro-City mod, but a lot of them I had in my first playthrough. It just seems like 75% or so of those mods were around when I played, but I saw NVSE had come out so I was curious if that meant sooner rather than later there would be when some really expansive and awesome mods would come out :)

edit: quote tags are hard

Karl Sharks fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Dec 28, 2010

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Unfortunately some of the larger mods from FO3 haven't yet made their way over to FO:NV, so while I would normally recommend waiting if something like Mart's Mutant Mod was going to be released in the near future (it isn't), very few of the mods currently require a new game (many of those that require a new game modify DR / DT, which is buggy to add or remove in a pre-existing save.)

I'd honestly recommend starting up with a new overhaul like FOOK or XFO, load up New Vegas Bounties, World of Pain, and WME, and use one of the additional perk mods (like More Perks). Maybe throw a weather mod in there for good measure, since those can make a huge aesthetic change. That'd give you a nice, rounded game to run around in and explore if you were burnt out on Vanilla NV.

Yeah, just getting a glimpse of NV stuff makes me want to play so bad, but that wasteland defense thing sounds amazing since one of the main mods I wish I could have used with F3 was the one where you built a town. I love building things :3:

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Has Boone been fixed in one of the patches or do I need to download the mod I had before that changed his leveling to .4 so he doesn't become so overpowered?