Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comic
Feb 24, 2008

Mad Comic Stylings
Can you install NMC with FOMM or is the manual install the only option? I like being able to select/deselect things :( Edit: Basically I've never done it with things that come in multiple archives like this.

Also maybe I should download the Medium instead of the smallest one if a 4850 can take it. I have a AMD Phenom II X2 555 @3.20GHz/4GB RAM/ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB

But I think I'll wait until Horns says if he has a noticeable fps hit.

Comic fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Aug 8, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comic
Feb 24, 2008

Mad Comic Stylings

Horns posted:

I'm willing to bet the performance hit between small and medium would be unnoticeable on a setup like the one Comic posted.

Thanks! Good enough for me to start downloading the medium pack and see for myself, at least. I don't go about downloading gigabytes willy-nilly.

Comic
Feb 24, 2008

Mad Comic Stylings

White Legs posted:

Are there any other suggestions, all I seem to be missing are armor re-textures but I don't think I ever saw people work on them? I'm looking more just for texture replacers, I know of that ENB mod but I'm not too fussed with that at the moment.

I'm basically running this, minus any HUD stuff. In the process of changing the MNC FO3 pack to the official MNC New Vegas pack that was released quite recently as I type.

Will probably install the HUD stuff on my next playthrough though, Project Nevada at the least.

Comic fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Aug 8, 2011

Comic
Feb 24, 2008

Mad Comic Stylings

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Ew, that looks even more garishly orange than vanilla New Vegas.

I probably didn't set some things properly, but this is what Goodsprings looked like when I started. It probably looks a lot better now though, since I've continued to tweak things. I'm about to see if the SMALL one gives me much difference in performance from MEDIUM now though. I'm not sure if it was that or something else I just installed but suddenly my fps is horrible.

Comic
Feb 24, 2008

Mad Comic Stylings

Jan posted:

Nice boobie mob, you pervert. :smugdog:

You don't wanna Take On Him.

Comic
Feb 24, 2008

Mad Comic Stylings
I'm not sure if this is a modding bug or a New Vegas bug, but I'll ask here:

Before I did the DLCs (all of them- Dead Money -> Honest Hearts -> Old World Blues) I sent all my companions to the Lucky 38. I also happen to be using a mod that lets me use all companions at once.

Now, I am finished with all the DLC, and I go to the Lucky 38 and they all have empty inventories. None of the stuff I gave them- weapons, armor, anything. They're clean.

With two exceptions: Cass and Rex. I think maybe they were the last two I sent back. However the thing is- they weren't anywhere to be found. Not in their usual homes or the Lucky 38, and they did not show up on the world map having been dismissed.

So I used prid <ref_id> and moveto player to teleport them to me (this doesn't disable achievements I hope Thanks!) and their inventories are untouched!

Anyone else experience this? I'm glad to have gotten all my companions back, and I wager all of the stuff in my companion inventories are gone (including some unique weapons I should've stored first) but I was wondering if this was more a bug from possibly my companion mod or if this kind of things just happens with the Lucky 38. I gotta go and find them all new armor before I continue- this sucks since I use light armor, and had them using/carrying any medium/heavy armor.

Comic fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Aug 12, 2011

Comic
Feb 24, 2008

Mad Comic Stylings

Brace posted:

I don't know where(and if I have) these problems with Nevada Skies. It looks great to me and my performance seems... pretty good, is it proven that Nevada Skies fucks with your games performance?

I think it's mostly compared to how it was before? If you're not having problems, don't look a gift horse in the mouth, I say.

On a related note, I was thinking of trying out Project Reality but it looks like a new version is supposed to come out today (originally yesterday), so I guess I'll wait.

Comic
Feb 24, 2008

Mad Comic Stylings
Those who were waiting on v3 of Project Reality- it's out now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comic
Feb 24, 2008

Mad Comic Stylings
So I just downloaded the Radio New Vegas thing floating around the last few pages, and the fix. I've replaced the files and threw it back into a single .zip archive.

Can I just load this in FOMM now or do I need to manually install it by copying it over?

Edit: Went ahead and did it, judging by how it was replacing files, I'm assuming using FOMM was fine.

Comic fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Aug 18, 2011