Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nycticeius
Feb 25, 2008

This is the part when you try to stop me and I beat the hell out of you.

BSAKat posted:

Just checked it out and it doesn't make a difference. With either one active, it's still called "That Gun", does 17 DAM and 80 DPS. This has to be a load order problem.

Try putting it last on the load order. That should overwrite anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nycticeius
Feb 25, 2008

Isn't Nevada Skies supposed to have darker nights? I turn the mod on and all my nights are brighter than gently caress. I miss the feeling of being lost in the dark like with Fellout. I suppose there isn't a way to get this to work properly?

Nycticeius
Feb 25, 2008

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

It *DOES* have nights darker than vanilla, but not to the ridiculous extent that FO3's Fellout does (inky, super-black). For the full darker-nights effect, you have to take the "Cataracted Eyes" perk that is offered at level-up (which sort of sucks, since it takes the place of a useful perk) in order to get the really darker nights.

Failing that, you could always merge Nevada Skies with another lighting overhaul (like Electro-City) and use the attached Darker Nights plugin to get those really, really black nights.

Horns posted:

Be forewarned that Electro-City's Darker Nights .esp makes things ridiculously dark, WAY darker than Fellout, even to the point that you NEED a night-vision mod to get around at night. Without night-vision you're pretty much lost in a sea of inky blackness when the sun goes down. It compliments the new lights that Electro-City adds though, really makes them pop.

Yeah, that's the kind of stuff I want. :) Being absolutely loving lost and on the verge of being attacked by giant radscorpions. Brrr.

Thanks!

Nycticeius
Feb 25, 2008

Carecat posted:

I'm after darker nights with Nevada Skies. Looked at Nights Are Darker but it says its generally incompatible with weather mods, is the electro city optional dark nights file my best choice?

I'm using it, and it feels pretty perfect. Some nights are darker than others, but I guess that depends on the weather cycles and how close to a light source (i.e.- The Strip) you are. My load order on that is:

ELECTRO-CITY - CompletedWorkorders.esp
ELECTRO-CITY - Highways and Byways.esp
LUMENARIUMandELECTROCITY - Nevada Skies Replacer.esp
ELECTRO-CITY - Darker Nights.esp

As the last files on the order.

Nycticeius
Feb 25, 2008

Same here. Wish I knew what's wrong. I've got the correct load order, and it's the last mod loaded.

Nycticeius
Feb 25, 2008

The FNV4GB .exe is automatically compatible with NVSE, right? You only need to direct FOMM to use it as per the OP, and then click Launch: Fallout NV on the right side of the application? (Or do you always need to select File / Launch Game / Launch NVSE?)

Also, does it disable achievements?

Nycticeius
Feb 25, 2008

After a few years of not playing (or maybe a little bit less), I'm reinstalling New Vegas and going around my usual mods, adding a few new ones and, y'know, the usual.

What I'm wondering is if Nevada Skies is still the go-to mod for weather changes? I used it in my last playthrough, while it was still being actively updated, and with each update I seemed to like it less and less. Should I opt for Western Sky instead?

Visual looks will only matter if the combination of Imaginator, Cinematech and Dynavision I'm putting in won't nullify it.

Edit: Or Project Reality, perhaps? I'm not really asking about graphical differences (though they matter, obviously), I'm asking more about general quality in gameplay, I suppose.

Nycticeius fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Jan 17, 2014

Nycticeius
Feb 25, 2008

Ddraig posted:

I use this

Doesn't actually change the weather, it just does what Fellout used to do and removes the filters, giving everything a natural colour instead of it being pink/orange.

It also has a version that reapplys the green filter to various areas for stylistic reasons.

Very low impact.

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

Project Reality was good but gave me some annoying performance issues. I also think the New Vegas version is kind of outdated, since he moved on to Fallout 3 and then Skyrim. If you want something along the lines of Nevada Skies, you should give a try to URWLNV from the OP, it's got a lot of swell-looking sky boxes and the lighting isn't half-bad either.

Paracelsus posted:

Western Skies is also a mood setting for Nevada Skies if what you really want is the skyboxes. I found the standalone WS was bad for stability, and also prone to the skybox getting off-kilter and staying that way until you quit the game.

Yeah, I'm mainly interested in the skyboxes/weather... I've seen that Nevada Skies has been updated recently too, so maybe it's better now. I'll give it a go. Thanks everyone!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nycticeius
Feb 25, 2008

SeanBeansShako posted:

Speaking of minor tweaking mods for stuff that irritates, can somebody do a mod where Meyers wears some a little more Western-esqe (One of the Dusters or something) instead of the basic Powder Ganger uniform when you tell him to get to Prim?

If such a mod doesn't come, you can always open the console, click on him, type "openteammatecontainer 1" and exchange his clothes for anything you want.