Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Crossposting from the Steam Deck thread:

Anyone had any luck running Capital Punishment or TTW for Fallout: New Vegas on their Deck lately? The Steam Deck instructions here: https://www.modlists.net/docs/2capitalpunishment/InstallGuide/steamdeck are no longer accurate since the directories mentioned in step 5 no longer exist. I managed to work through the "MO2 instance is already running" error in MO2 by running the launcher in the game directory and closing back out, but now the game just plays music and a splash screen for a couple minutes before crashing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

v1ld posted:

Haven't installed either but from a quick skim of the doc, the missing directories in step 5 were to be created by an installer in step 2. Maybe check to see if step 2 succeeded or provided any errors?

E: if it didn't post errors, did it create those directories elsewhere, etc?

Nah, the mod list author changed from a method that created the stock game directory to one that patches the exe files on the fly and that's severely messing with Steam Deck support via MO2. I spent a few more hours trying various things and gave up. There's one other person on the Discord who also gave it a shot but similarly couldn't get anywhere.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Tiny Timbs posted:

Nah, the mod list author changed from a method that created the stock game directory to one that patches the exe files on the fly and that's severely messing with Steam Deck support via MO2. I spent a few more hours trying various things and gave up. There's one other person on the Discord who also gave it a shot but similarly couldn't get anywhere.

Alright I learned my lesson about trying to install giant Wabbajack modlists on Steam Deck and just followed the manual process for an expanded TTW install detailed in these two guides:

https://thebestoftimes.moddinglinked.com/index.html

https://wastelandsurvivalguide.com/

It now runs perfectly on the Steam Deck. The trickiest parts were manually installing NVSE and the Heap Replacer on the Deck, copying the 4 GB patched exe from the PC, and running the launcher first from MO2 (via the 'explore virtual drive' executable selection) to fix the "An instance of MO2 is already running" popup.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Is there a mod that lets workbenches draw from nearby storage? I’m running TTW and want to be able to use it in Springvale Garage.

v1ld posted:

Proton on the Deck will run every game in 4GB mode for you, no need to run patchers.

Cool that you got the whole thing running! The Deck is a perfect target for heavily modded games.

I'm waiting on the SCS release and the new ToF mod to stabilize before putting together the giant BG EET load list on the Deck. Want to run from Candleekeep to the very end.

Oh neat, that’s good to know.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Wait I think stash organizer will do that? It seemed complicated so I haven’t messed with it yet.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

v1ld posted:

It's not really, just one of those things that are tougher to describe in words than to use.

It's been a while but you just use the VATS key to access Stash Organizer menus. The key will behave differently depending on whether you're pointing at a container or not.

You need to assign one container as a master for a cell. That's where you'll do stuff like auto-unload your inventory or have it auto-load you with your preferred loadout etc. Other containers will automatically receive stuff as you configure them to. So I had containers for ammo, food, etc.

Play with it, it's pretty intuitive once you figure out the initial setup. And it's really neat to be able to return to base, one click to unload stuff, another to load up again with the ammo, food, weapons you want to take with you.

Thanks for the explanation. I took a few minutes to figure it out once I got all the containers at the house and now understand the mod is incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Twincityhacker posted:

I was considering doing the whole Blue Moon guide, but I'm not sure.

I've downloaded and installed correctly the .esm/.bsa section, and both the general NVSE plugins and IStewieAl NVSE sections, and was working on downloading the bugfix section when my partner needed to do something to the router so I stopped for now.

I started doing Blue Moon because I wanted the graphics, but some of them seems excessive. Like the reflections. Might go a la cart after bugfixes and figure out how to make LODs for New Vegas - the Desert Landscapes mod looks cool for one, and that's def. not in Blue Moon.

I just finished Fallout 3 with the Wasteland Survival Guide mod set on the Steam Deck and was about to start New Vegas but I think I might wipe everything and start fresh with this. I’ll probably skip most of the graphical stuff, too.