Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

SheepNameKiller posted:

That actually irks me about texture comments as well, the retextures are all better than the original textures for sure but it's kind of ungrateful to criticize the artist of the original work just because you've found a better replacement.

People have to keep in mind that one or maybe two guys were doing weapon textures for a few weeks at the most. Development teams have other fish to fry and should work on fixing bugs on quest X or polishing off clipping errors on armor Y. Just because each weapon in the game doesn't look near photo-realistic doesn't mean it's a bad design.

With that said the 12.7mm SMG is one ugly son of a bitch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Horns posted:

I always thought the brush gun texture was one of the better vanilla weapon textures in the game. Not to say the retexture isn't great, because it is, but I never thought it looked terrible or anything. I actually quite like the color and style of the wood grain on the original, but I don't use the gun much because I don't really care for the style of peep sight on it. Trail carbine's where's it at, maaaan.

Yeah the wood grain on the vanilla Brush Gun is pretty phenomenal. I imagine a lot of the developers fell in love with SWC + Cowboy and got a lot of use out of it so they made it especially pretty.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Capn Beeb posted:

A weak rear end nine is still a weak rear end nine.

:ocelot::clint:

I didn't even need to look at the poster to know who posted this.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Heavy neutrino posted:

Hey guys, I played New Vegas on PS3 and did pretty much everything there is to do in the game, but I haven't played the DLC, and I was wondering if with the user created mod content it's worth it to pay 21 bucks for the game + DLC as per today's Steam sale.

Holy poo poo, thank you for pointing out that this was on sale today. I've been biding my time waiting for NV and the DLC to be on sale before I bought it for the PC. I played the poo poo out of NV on my 360 and now that I've updated my PC I've been curious to see how the mods (specifically The Armory, Bounties and Arenovalis' retexes) are for it.

And it only ended up costing me a fraction of what I made today, cheers bro.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

After putting way too many hours into NV on the 360: holy poo poo the Armory is loving impeccable. Thanks to the goon bros that put it together.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Omnicarus posted:

I'd love for there to be a unique Brush Gun that was a .50 cal, ala a Sharps 1873.

Actually I just want a Sharps 1874 in the game somewhere.

Seconding this. Sexy little Brush Gun :pcgaming:

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Well, there's DC Interiors. It's a pretty cool locations mod that lets you enter formerly boarded up buildings, factories, and restaurants. A lot of the DC areas are now fun to explore and camp out in. Then there's EVE, which is sort of an Energy Weapons / Visuals overhaul. It can be pretty buggy, though. Also, look into Apocalypse Armory. Last I checked, the author was working on a compatibility patch for FWE.

Is there a New Vegas equivalent of this? It always bothers me to see so many buildings strewn throughout the wastes that are boarded up.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

I finally managed to find an M14 after installing The Armory...and it has a scope :negative:

Welp, hopefully the unique version of it doesn't come with it pre-installed. I'm loving the Armory by the way, even though it doesn't add much it makes New Vegas feel New again. :shobon:

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

Tubby's Pride doesn't come with a scope IIRC.

It's also semi-auto.

gently caress yeah bro. As stupid as it is, this alone will get me to play NV more - just because I want to find that sonofabitch.

e: I noticed a few ironsights were off and I figured out any easy way to see how they were aligned. If you're spectating in third person, aim down the sight and switch back to first person. You should see the ironsights along with the in-game crosshair telling you exactly where your bullets will be fired within it. For example the Gewehr 43 fires just slightly to the right of the post.

I figured it might come in handy to those (like myself) that find themselves trying out a lot of different weapons to get a feel for them. Oh and this works for determining where the weapon recoils to as well.

fennesz fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Jul 11, 2011

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

Please note that a lot of uniques I never got around to placing in the world and they're originally rejected variants that didn't make it to the leveled lists for a variety of reasons

I think it might still be in Gun Runner's inventory though since I forgot to touch the vast majority of that

Maybe I'll just place it on the Legendary Deathclaw with the GECK. I've gotta earn that poo poo.

I'm still pretty low on this playthrough though, I'm level 12 and haven't seen it there but it's possible it'll appear when I'm 16 or 18.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Naky posted:

Which ones are off? They all should have been fixed, but I could have forgotten to copy over the fixed ones. Not the first time this would have happened...

Oh and 2.5 will have a completely re-animated and re-done G43.

A few of the automatics recoil up into portions of their posts and it can be a little difficult to aim. It's really only the ones with intrusive irons. The 416 I remember was only accurate when fully automatic if you used the very top of the back post instead of the front post you see through the peep sight.

I would guess that's how you wanted recoil to function with automatics though, having laser accurate weapons that are firing at 1000 rpm would be a little ridiculous. I should have been more specific, all of the irons for semi-automatics (except the Gewehr 43) are pretty much spot on. I picked up the 1873 Carbine early on and used it as a sniper rifle for the first 11 of my levels.

fennesz fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Jul 11, 2011

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Anyone happen to know what mod this coat is from?

I saw it listed in the Nevada Skies images and I'm assuming it's not apart of the mod itself. Hopefully there happens to be a male version of it.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

ScarletOHara posted:

Does anyone have an advice on which UI mod I should use with project nevada? Every time I install/activate DNUI Project Nevada decides to stop working.

I've actually been contemplating the same thing. A lot of the UIs I looked at seemed to be bloated with a lot of unnecessary poo poo.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Capn Beeb posted:

Quite a few coats like that in this mod:

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=35740

I edited mine a little, took off the kneepads and holster, added the pipboy from some other outfit in that pack, but that mod should sort you out.

E:

Goes great with the hat from this mod:

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=37526

:v:

Haha all I could think of is the Zybourne Clock. I hope you named your character Johnny, Beeb :allears:

e: I've never been able to bring myself to wear any headgear but the Ranger/Desert Veteran helmet or the Roving Trader hat. I'll dig around in the first one though; thanks for the link.

fennesz fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Jul 12, 2011

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Rirse posted:

But if he named him Johnny, then whom dead on the hillside by Goodspring?

Maybe we'll find the answer during Old World Blues :chord:

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Blarfo posted:

I'm split between using Shrapnel's weapon mod and The Armory. On one hand, armory adds a lot more and doesn't require caliber which just retards up my inventory, on the other hand shrapnel adds custom sounds which is just unbelievable.

Speaking of this, can anyone recommend a sound pack? I'm hesitant to install any because you can't tell if a sound pack is good from images and a mediocre description on the Nexus.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Has anyone here used TG's Armor Collection? I downloaded it just to see what was available and the weight of all of the items seem to be upped 10x. Sweaters weigh 80 loving units. Is this just how the mod is or am I a giant idiot that (somehow) hosed up copying and pasting folders?

I'm still used to the way the console version handles weight. The weight reads out as the sum of the stack instead of each individual unit.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Evoq posted:

What? I cant imagine they would bother to change that for the console port.

I mean, it's possible it's part of a mod I have installed. I just have a few light, cosmetic additions (mostly armors) - unless The Armory changes how weight is calculated. Maybe they just thought PC gamers couldn't add :v: But seriously, it is nice for seeing how much that stack of 120 Healing Poultices weighs.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Same thing here. Unless it's some unmentioned PN feature and we all happen to be using PN, I think the inventory now provides cumulative information for stacks of like-items.

Yeah it's not PN because I don't have PN. Must have been in the latest patch.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Capn Beeb posted:

What's this, an armor mod in the top five hot files that doesn't involve anime, thongs, giant tits, AND looks pretty cool?

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=42756

I still don't get how people use power armor. Even when I'm wearing medium I feel like I'm running at a snails pace.

And while we're plugging good armor plugins, ain't nothin' got poo poo on this. http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=38887
I still wish the legs weren't armored but it's still pretty drat good.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Capn Beeb posted:

That looks pretty cool :) Also yeah power armor doesn't feel right unless you're packing something _big_ around to justify the SOOOOOOOO SLOOOOOOOOOOOW speed.

In cool armor news, that poncho mod posted earlier is pretty sweet:

~*ladies*~ :clint:

Is that FN FAL in The Armory? If it is I haven't seen it yet :qq:

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Naky posted:

The three different FALs we have aren't enough? :negative:

I haven't found any of them yet. I'm a baby that doesn't like having weapons handed to me in a cabinet (although I think I'm going to throw it on so I can give the unique M14 a try at last).

Thanks for that FN FAL link too Beeb. Now I just need to find a FN F2000 mod that has a reload animation and I'll be in business.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Anyone else getting a lot of lockups and crashes when playing Honest Hearts? I didn't get more than one before I went and now it seems to every minute or two now that I'm in Zion.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Omnicarus posted:

I'm about 40% done with a new hideout that should adequately replace Underground Hideout without all of the retarded poo poo but all of the things that are actually likable. Should have it out by/before the end of July depending on work/personal life schedule.

Was this the cave someone said they were working on? I'm temporarily using Bradley's Shack in hopes that I find something I like soon.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Naky posted:

It's no secret, we keep it in the topic of the IRC channel.

Current Build

List o' poo poo Added/Working/Not Working/etc.

Ah, there is my AKs-74u...holy poo poo you guys did a 98k and an M14 EBR. But I can only use one at a time!

:negative:

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Capn Beeb posted:

Barrels could stand to be two, maybe three inches longer, but it works :D There's also this annoying thing brought in from the stock's model:

For some drat reason the front sight bead of the mesh was connected to the stock body. What the hell. I wish I knew how to get rid of it :argh:

You should upload this or get it in Armory 2.5.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Just tried Underground Hideout New Vegas. Whoever was bitching about feature creep was right. Just give me a loving house and some storage areas FFS. I went in, it offered me a quest, so I figured it'd be find the owner or something. Nope, dropped me in a stupid maze with none of my items. After wandering around it for 15 minutes I decided I didn't have time for that poo poo and just reloaded and declined the quest. I went in and it offered me power management, where you have to buy materials to keep the electricity running, and make sure you didn't over use it. In my room there was a box for ammo, so I had it sort ammo, and all ammo went into the same box. Later, I found an ammo sorter in the Armory that sorted into ammo types. What's the point of having both? Definitely just gonna use Buck's Place from New Bison Steve's for now, until I find a better standalone replacement.

I highly suggest this. http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=36088

I installed it last night and I'm really liking it so far. It's just a small bunker with a good bit of storage, a few pre-placed items, two radios (one for each station) and a lockable door for the spergs.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Anyone here use the Expanded Traits mod? http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=36370

Some of the traits look pretty interesting but traits seem like they'd be difficult to script properly so I'm a little leery of blindly installing it.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

For those using AG Supplementary Uniques; has anyone noticed how wildly inaccurate some weapons are?

Namely the Hammer .50 and Matilda. They seem to be off by ~10-20 degrees. The Hammer .50 I can understand, it is a compact .50 after all...but the Matilda is a full size .50, why the gently caress is it firing 15 degrees above where I'm aiming? I hope it's an installation error on my part but some how I doubt that it is.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Naky posted:

Double check the iron sighting by going into third person view while sighting and going back into first so the crosshairs stay. Either he iron sighted it wrong or the spread on it is ridiculous... or you don't meet the skill requirements to shoot it accurately perhaps too.

I did check the ironsighting (I do this with each new weapon I find now, holy poo poo the Brush Gun is off), skill is at 100 and even popped a Steady. Everything was still 15 degrees above where I was aiming.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Naky posted:

Which FAL? The Izzy or the regular one?

While we're talking about The Armory; totally going to have to request more relatively fast firing, unscoped semi-automatic battle rifles. I'm pumped as hell that you guys are putting an M14 EBR in 2.5, I just wish I had a few more flavors to choose from. The G3 and M14 in CoD4 forever ruined me for this, sorry.

And while I'm talking about weapons holy hell does installing CRL9000 fit so well with so many weapons. It even works on the majority of armory weapons as well. If you remain unconvinced, holy poo poo pickup a Brush Gun or This Machine.

fennesz fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Jul 24, 2011

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

The EBR is not semi-automatic; however, the current M14 will be redone to be that.

Semi auto (4.2 attack rate) battle rifles: M14, SR-25, Zastava M76
Full auto battle rifles: M14EBR, FN FAL, G3A4
:negative:

I guess I never really gave the SR-25 a shot. I hosed up the texture and never bothered to fix it.

Naky posted:

Yeah that's what I get for talking out my rear end. But to make up for it, I'll make an iron sighted version of the Zastava and make the scope a mod. I suppose I can throw a silencer on it too if people want one.

I'll take what I can get. I don't mind the full-auto too much (semi-automatic is just more fun), but scopes take away a lot of the character the weapons seem to have. I never understood why everyone, especially modders it seems, is so in love with scopes; figuring out the ironsights is half the fun.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

I've been meaning to ask this for a while. Do any of the weapons in The Armory benefit from perks like Cowboy or Grunt? I really want to pick up Grunt but I can't justify it if it's just for two weapons I'll occasionally use.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

So no one know if Grunt affects any of The Armory's weapons? :negative:

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

I feel like I'm the only person on the planet that prefers houses that have a room with a table, a trunk and a bed to any of this uber-Vault ridiculousness. I mean do you really need boxes for each individual ammunition sub-type?

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Capn Beeb posted:

Alexscorpion has a mod floating around, probably on the cesspit that is f3underground cause I don't see it on the nexus, that adds this bag:

A buddy uploaded it for me, I can share the link if you want :)

It's actually included in this http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=34716

Supposedly a remake of the dude's outfit in The Saboteur. I'm sure the bag was ripped out for a few different mods, I haven't touched the suit at all and I've been using the bag for a little while. The resolution/compression in the screens make it look like poo poo, but it's pretty high quality.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Boy, that bounty pissed me off so much since I had NOTHING on unarmed and took me a bit to dodge him / find my poo poo.

I just sprinted in circles until I saw a footlocker and then dumped a magazine of AKM into his face. Speaking of which, I think I could play the entirety of F:NV with The Armory's AKM+Silencer.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Has anyone here tried this shotgun rebalance mod? http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=35681

I just realized that shotgun slugs had all of their DT penetration taken away, which is ridiculous. If anyone happens to use a better rebalance, I'm :allears:

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Actually it makes a little sense. For example, I've got the Cowboy Perk and a Lever Action Shotgun. If I use plain 20 Gauge rounds, I'm doing like 4.7 x 11 damage per shot (or something close to that). But because each pellet only does 4.7 DMG, they're defeated by most armor. If I use a slug instead, I'm doing 51 DMG per shot, and it's all calculated in a single hit. It doesn't need the penetrating ability because it seems to be built into the concept that you're firing a single round, rather than multiple lesser rounds.

EDIT: But to answer your question, I haven't used that mod. :3:

It was my understanding that slugs didn't do anything to projectile damage at all other than group the spread of your shot so it was far, far more accurate. I guess I'll have to tinker with it a little bit. I'll probably use it anyway just because shotguns slugs should be devastating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Hm, I haven't looked under the hood but I think there's a difference because when you've chambered buckshot, the DMG is calculated by a number like 4 x 12. When you chamber slugs, the DMG is presented as a single number. I just assumed this meant there weren't multiple projectiles being fired for the latter.

Heh, and here I thought what I did because I'm quite sure the damage was still shown as 7.8x12. I'm probably mistaken but the only time I remember it being calculated differently was for the AG Supplementary Uniques weapon - Gecko Blaster.