Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
I wish dude would make a version of Electrocity that didn't have the ~~~~~~~~ANOTHER GREAT JOB BY ELECTROCITY~~~~~~ signs on every lamp post, or with the engineer NPCs that take twelve or thirteen shots point blank with magnum shotgun ammo to kill. My immersion :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

SheepNameKiller posted:

You could tweak the NPCs pretty easily, just open up FNVEdit and edit their armor which is set at 99 DT. I don't know why the mod author chose to make them unkillable either.

This is what I've been doing, it's just annoying to have to do it every update. I've actually removed them completely from the game.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Fuckin a, you're the man, SheepNameKiller. I never knew that it was that simple to make a patch. Thanks.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

KakerMix posted:

Well the OP does have this
http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=38413

Goddamn, how did I miss this poo poo?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Horns posted:

SVD - While not quite as great as the SVD by HeroinZero due to the latter's working mods, still a pretty good looking gun.

One of my favorite mods from FO3 was the Adaptive Combat Rifle, which featured it's own mod system. The guy who made it, ZealotLee, recently ported over this weapon and another SVD, which I think is pretty good. It should be noted that he has joined the Project Nevada team as well, so that's cool. He is apparently re-doing the skins for the first person Visor overlays - so hopefully they look much better than the ones in the trailer/current beta (which even the guy who made the mod admits sucks)

SheepNameKiller posted:

I know there was a lot of love for the Melissa Companion mod a few pages back. Just wanted to point out that the same author does a Marcus Companion mod as well, and has updated it fairly recently with sandbox capabilities/etc.

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=37376

I hope this dude does more of these. The dialog is incredibly well put together. I had a few companion mods in FO3 that added generic Outcast companions, a Gary companion (easy to do, I know) and the like with all sorts of dialog stitched together. I wonder if that was the same dude.

Gyshall fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Jan 27, 2011

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
The guy who did the Marcus companion mod is doing a Benny one. Pretty sweet.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Amstrad posted:

Another more or less done.

Sick. I'm really looking forward to all of the melee weapons in this pack, especially the cricket bat.

I'm pretty bummed that the Underground Hideout hasn't worked well for me. With the ESP enabled, I get these momentary "pauses" and hiccups when looking in a direction, no matter where I am in game. The performance increase patch did nothing to solve this, and I'm hoping that a new patch will fix this.

Any other house mods that add similar functionality - most importantly, the mannequins, which are awesome.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Project Nevada is at RC1 right now - and the new Visor Overlays have been added. I think they look pretty good, much better than the old ones, but who knows. I personally won't be using them, but the implementation is pretty well done.

http://www.imagebanana.com/code/25wahyg4

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

This Fallout 3 Weapons Restoration Mod is starting to look pretty interesting, too. It integrates pretty much every workbench, FO3, and DLC weapon into NV's leveled and loot lists. Apparently the author is the same guy who worked on Deus Ex's Shifter Mod.

Yeah, that poo poo is awesome and everyone should be using it. It's exactly the mod I have been looking for - this plus Classic Fallout weapons is just a really great amount of variety.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Hey, looks like Reload is back again.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
The mauser is kinda lovely in that pack anyway. I made a patch to remove it from Classic Fallout Weapons, and the Fallout 3 Weapon Restoration mod has a better Chinese Pistol (Mauser) in it anyway.

What is the general consensus on making a FNVedit merged patch vs a Wyre Flash merged patch? I know Bash was king for Oblivion, but I had an odd issue come up with all these weapon mods - I'm running WMX, Classic Fallout Weapons, and now the Fallout 3 Weapon Restoration mod, and I want to be sure that I get all the weapons and have WMX override the vanilla weapon mod system.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Personally, I use FNVEdit to create a merged patch. I've been poking around the FO3 Weapon Restoration mod and it shouldn't have any conflicts due to the fact that it adds the weapons to the lists via script, rather than directly modifying the leveled list. Like SheepNameKiller is saying, the conflicts that will arise between WMX and CFW are unavoidable by simple fact that there's a measure of overlap between the two mods.

Now I'm curious what sort of issue you had come up :science:

Yeah, I think it was mostly my fault. I have been looking at Fallout 3 Weapon Restoration today, and saw that it does everything through a nice, sexy script.

If I let WMX load last, it will overwrite the changes CFW makes to mods, - correct? That should be just fine.

I went to Mick's at Freeside last night and he had about fifteen throwing knives, all unstacked. This was mostly because I've been making a bashed patch with leveled lists and form IDs - my own ignorance. I'm probably loving my game up even more by doing that, which I'm going to test without later tonight and just go with a FNVEdit auto merged patch if needed (after filtering for conflicts). Most of the conflicts in my load order are OK, from what I can tell, and I've made a patch (thanks to SheepNameKiller :whatup:) that removes some of the redundant items between the two mods like the Mauser/Dart Gun, for example.

I guess what I'm most concerned about is throwing mods like the Community Patch and Increased Spawns into the mix and having issues with the inventories of certain NPCs. But it's more or less a test right now. While I'm still pretty loving confused about what the hell references and FormIDs are, learning FNVedit has helped me understand how mods work tri-fold.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Annnnnnnnnd Project Nevada is out.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Mental Midget posted:

There's an invisible armored vest mod that adds DR etc to any outfit, not a vest model but can give you extra protection and still wear whatever you want.

Project Nevada is already a must have mod in my book after playing with it for a couple hours. The scope zoomability is great, the automatically expanding crosshairs are done well, and the grenade hotkey is so choice. I even like when you are running low on health the edges of the screen blur a bit. Gives a nice visual indication you're low on health without having to stare at your HP bar.

The only thing I'm not digging too much is the damage graphic in your view when wearing goggles etc. Even wearing half-repaired sunglasses gives you a bunch of lens cracks in the field of vision. Hopefully there will be a way to turn that off in the module in the future. Otherwise, great mod, highly recommended.

There is a menu for Project Nevada that lets you completely customize it - press escape, and the little Terminal down by the right hand corner will take you to the Project Nevada menu, which lets you turn features on and off, modify keybinds, etc. The menu is modular and will (hopefully) in the future provide a place for mods to add a configuration menu without having to clutter inventory space.

You can turn off the visor overlay feature there.

Also someone added Robocop's gun. I'm pumped.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Naky posted:

Comments say it's missing both meshes and textures, plus it's textured like poo poo. I'm almost scared to see the animations.

Yeah, I just tried it in game. poo poo sucks. :(

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Anyone know the console command to stop a quest or script? If such functionality even exists.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

KakerMix posted:

Ha, since when has the Nexus started trying to show you commercials when you try to download a file?

Working as intended, too. The mods over there are such retards. Anyone know how to strip Javascript from a page? There has to be a way to get around that poo poo. It's retarded.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Schubalts posted:

Adblockers ahooooy.

It still will sit there and try to play the video, but oh well.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
I think that is actually supposed to be Sam Fisher. But it's still pretty sweet.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
The only problem I have with most weapon mods is that they texture looks too clean, or out of place in New Vegas. Even just a few scratches or rust marks goes a long way to making a weapon look good in game.

Apotheosis, is that vanilla armor dude is using? I recognize the Wasteland Scarf mod, but what about the duster?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
I've got webspace if you need mirrors and poo poo. gently caress the Nexus.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Here is a mirror for Naky's mod. Please go easy on my bandwiff and use the torrent if at all possible tyia

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Anyone interested in helping develop a simplistic mod uploading/hosting site for this poo poo? I cannot believe they would ban the URWLified guy, that mod is so much better than loving anime cat mods. I'm really at a loss. loving Nexus.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

SheepNameKiller posted:

Did this for personal use a while ago, removes the "can I bum a cigarette" dialogue and nothing else.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CTAX8BRN

Thanks for this. Exactly what I was looking for.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Sinatrapod posted:

I'd like this too, I'd like to recapture the feeling of "Guns are DANGEROUS, son!"

XFO - 4ba - Perks - Perk Every Level.esp
XFO - 5a - SPECIAL & Stats Rebalance.esp
XFO - 5c - Skills - Better Med Surv Repair.esp
XFO - 6ba - Pacing - Mild (No Cap).esp
XFO - 7b - UnMSG - Karma (Incl Sounds).esp
XFO - 7c - UnMSG - Sneak Status.esp
XFO - 9a - Enemies - AI revamp.esp
RWD-NV v1.3 [Standard Version].esp
Auto Aim Fix v1.1.esp

I actually use Realistic Weapon Damages for the whole damage overhaul. I think it handles it better than XFO, to be honest, or at least my game feels "better".

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

physeter posted:

Yep this works, thanks, feels much closer to how a heavily modded FO3 ended up instead of a bad experimental version. I can see what XFO was going for but I'm not sure making some armors useful was worth making nearly all guns useless.

RWD is nice because it only touches global values, not individual armor values and poo poo. This way, it works well with weapon/armor mods. I balance out the easier 1-3 shot enemies problem by using IWS. Makes the game fast and fun as gently caress.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Cream, the URWL guy posted all of his mods here:

http://members.upc.nl/m.heijndijk/index.html

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

DirtyDiaperMask posted:

Any other mods you've tried that you'd(or anyone else) suggest to create more of a FPS-y feel? I was surprised to see how something as simple as iron sights improved on FO3, you no longer need to drop into VATS to be even half-way accurate.

I posted my XFO setup a bit earlier in the thread - but this is my mod basic loadout for more "FPS"y gameplay:

Project Nevada
XFO with these modules:

quote:

XFO - 4ba - Perks - Perk Every Level.esp
XFO - 5a - SPECIAL & Stats Rebalance.esp
XFO - 5c - Skills - Better Med Surv Repair.esp
XFO - 6ba - Pacing - Mild (No Cap).esp
XFO - 7b - UnMSG - Karma (Incl Sounds).esp
XFO - 7c - UnMSG - Sneak Status.esp
XFO - 9a - Enemies - AI revamp.esp

Increased Wasteland Spawns

Realistic Weapon Damages (basic version)

Realistic Death physics

Auto Aim Fix (Wrye Flash also has this tweak) - I actually use this version: Auto aim fix headshot edition but changed the master with FNVedit. May be the same thing.

Improved Sneak

Fall Damage ESP from here

Less Intrusive Kill Camera - because with IWS and quick deaths, the kill camera is loving annoying.

Manual Reload, which doesn't get nearly enough love. It's great.

The sum of all these mods gives you this:

- Fewer bullets to kill enemies
- You take much more damage
- Fall damage
- Slower backpedaling
- No auto aim
- More dudes to shoot with reduced XP per kill so you don't max level right away.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Terpfen posted:

The fact that the weapons don’t work with established perks is a pretty big bug by itself.

there are mods that fix that already

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Check this motherfucker out:

http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=40525

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Mordaedil posted:

drat, this looks kinda cool, but then you notice that one thing that just makes it creepy.

This dude makes some decent mods - in practice, like this covered face for less reputation mod. The problem with Reactive People is that it tries to do way too much poo poo at once - but yeah, personal mod and all that poo poo. And the child races... but that is pretty much par for the Nexus. Am I becoming too desensitized by that site?

quickedit: Also, glad to finally have Dead Money, it's great. Now to add the weapons to the regular wasteland leveled lists!

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Rirse posted:

The Depth of View mod has a option to turn on headbob.

Which one is this - and is it any good?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
I downloaded but can't endorse because I haven't played with it for 3 hours. :argh: nexus

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

The_White_Crane posted:

Deja Vu Vegas - Beta 1: New Vegas/Fallout 3 Merge Mod

This is, so far as I know, the first public release of a NV/F3 merge mod.

http://rapidshare.com/files/451869897/Deja_Vu_Vegas-Beta_1.rar
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VNPH08XC

This is sick. Is this the same project on the Fallout Underground (ugh) page?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Wow, so that is all your own work? I have seen similar projects on various sites - I'll check yours out though.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Fledgling Gulps posted:

The bathroom in Megaton?

Why not have the player pop out of a toilet? Earthworm Jim style.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Naky, if you made an armor-mod mod, that would pretty much be the sweetest thing ever, I think. I too am surprised that poo poo hasn't shown up yet.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

the flame effect is just firing the incinerator projectile 30 times/second with dynamic lighting turned off for both projectile and mini-incinerator explosion to keep it from dipping to 10FPS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uqwyKXOE0w

but yeah with the damage upgrade it became kickass

This is the best thing ever. Is this in The Arsenal?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Not sure how easy it would be to port this over, as it seems to rely heavily on FOSE, but if possible I'd love to see this mod, which has bows and arrows end up in the armory. I've wanted bows and arrows in Fallout for so long, mainly because I want to roleplay Rambo. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
I may have a go at trying to port that poo poo. I've decided that I enjoy modding Fallout more than playing it for the 11teenth time, so I'll see how this turns out.

poo poo could use a better texture/model. It looks like rear end in game.