Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

I used the 3GB Fallout New Vegas Tool, but steam wont let the game launch. I followed the instructions to the letter, so I don't know whats wrong. Any advice?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

Lockback posted:

drat, running into pretty frequent crashes, always outdoors. Anyone have any idea? I have a feeling it might have been when I installed CaliberX and the class fallout weapon mods.

I think you need to put CFWNV right after FalloutNV, and the caravan pack after that.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

Well I've got an interesting problem. When I check for updates in FOMM, it crashes. I cleaned out my registry and ran a clean install, but it keeps happening. Any advice?

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

Flaky posted:

Dead Money is a buggy pile of poo-poo. I wouldn't touch it until someone bothers to spend some serious time ironing it out.

Just a heads up: you can say poo poo here.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

FOMM has been retarded for me as well, so I don't think it's Naky's file.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

Omnicarus posted:

I think a mod that adds anime schoolgirl outfits to Geckos would be pretty faptastic.

Only if they also have dicks and boobs.

Someone make it happen.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

I just installed the NMC pack and for some reason all of the canyon rocks are all glossy. I think I've had this problem before but I can't remember what I did to fix it. Any ideas?

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

I've got some sort of texture problems. All the rocks look slimy and weird, and everything from far away looks like rear end.

Any ideas as to what could be the problem?

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

Naky posted:

Click the unhappy face.

Huh? A face? I put it in timg.

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Oh, poo poo, I thought that was just an emoticon.

That looks like a texture with some bad parallaxing. If those are default textures, it might possibly be a combination of video settings and drivers.

It's the NMC high quality pack. I'll update my drivers to see if that does anything.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

Well updating my drivers didn't work. Is it possible that my computer isn't powerful enough? I've got a 5770 and 8 gigs of RAM so it's pretty beefy.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

I uninstalled it earlier and yeah I have the same problem.
vvv Yep. Turned it off and on and it still happens.

Amorphous Blob fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Aug 13, 2011

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

Coughing Hobo posted:

Are you using Detailed Normals? If so, disable it; it's made to work only with the vanilla textures, otherwise you get oddities like that.

What do I have to delete specifically? I didn't use a FOMOD for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

So....
Did anyone ever figure out what I should do about the glossy rocks? I'd like to play the DLC soon :(