Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Nevada Skies without sandstorms would be awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I prefer my FPS without ironsights; but they really arent because of consoles; take a look at the more serious fps games like ARMA for example.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Signature weapons is awesome as can be, A bit unbalanced for already powerful stuff but drat now I can just use any gun I like and have it be viable. :swoon:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Is there a way to keep nevada skies that doesn't make nights so loving dark I just wait until it is day again? The config utility/tool doesn't help much.

Edit: I used google, is there a way to use both that 4gb allocation + NVSE and FOMM?

Zedd fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Nov 14, 2011

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Since we are on that subject now I am going to ask my question again if nobody minds.

Zedd posted:

Is there a way to keep nevada skies that doesn't make nights so loving dark I just wait until it is day again? The config utility/tool doesn't help much.
Edit: I used google, is there a way to use both that 4gb allocation + NVSE and FOMM?

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Okay I remodded my game and I think this is as stable as it is going to get:

quote:

FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
NVCE Main.esm
Project Nevada - Core.esm
oHUD.esm
DarNifiedUINV.esp
The Mod Configuration Menu.esp
BetterGamePerformanceV3.esp
Project Nevada - Dead Money.esp
Project Nevada - Honest Hearts.esp
Project Nevada - Old World Blues (No Cyberware).esp
SignatureArmor.esp
SignatureWeapons.esp
NVCE DLC02.esp
NVCE DLC03.esp
NVCE DLC04.esp
OWB Companion Teleport.esp
OWB Moddable FIDO.esp
OWB More Vendor Caps.esp
OWB Stealth Field Suit.esp
OWB Valence Extra.esp
Centered 3rd Person Camera - Unraised.esp
PipBoyLightx1.5.esp
The Weapon Mod Menu.esp
LFox Bottle That Water.esp
SimpleStreetLights.esp
Lucky 38 Suite Expansion.esp
Lucky 38 Balcony.esp
SimpleStreetLights (Extra Lights).esp
Lombard Station.esp
Lombard Station - Dead Money.esp
Lombard Station - Honest Hearts.esp
Lombard Station - Old World Blues.esp
Lombard Station - Lonesome Road.esp
Lombard Station - Gun Runners' Arsenal.esp
Fellout.esp
Fellout-OWB.esp
friendofnightforfellout.esp

Total active plugins: 42
Total plugins: 44

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I use both adblock and noscript.
Temp allow the nexus website, log in, click the advert movie once, adblock blocks it after 2 seconds.
Now for the rest of the session you should be able to just click download, select the server, adblock will block the video so after a while the dl will start.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

TOOT BOOT posted:

Is there any way I can play Gamebryo games with mods through Steam, without having to use some weird loader every time? Using it for the initial setup is fine.

Add the loader shortcut to steam, use that to start the game, problem solved.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Naky posted:

If someone gets it somewhere, I'll put it on THHG's hosting through samods.
Enjoy:
http://www.mediafire.com/?6tce6blp9v22ft7

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Alright so after like 2 years I want to finish up the DLC/Engame in new vegas.
The setup I had going was pretty smooth and decently crashfree, but are there any mods that are downright obsolete/hidden traps in my list?
It's a list of at the time recommended to me mods, fixing faces, adding more foilage to the wasteland, fellout, and a hideout mod mainly. I also have that one recommended texture pack at medium.

Using FOMM/NVSE with this list (that are as I understood pretty outdated) with this list:
code:
FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
NVCE Main.esm
oHUD.esm
DarNifiedUINV.esp
CASM.esp
Centered 3rd Person Camera.esp
The Mod Configuration Menu.esp
Lucky 38 Balcony.esp
Project Nevada - Dead Money.esp
Project Nevada - Honest Hearts.esp
Project Nevada - Old World Blues (No Cyberware).esp
SignatureArmor.esp
SignatureWeapons.esp
OWB Moddable FIDO.esp
OWB More Vendor Caps.esp
OWB Valence Extra.esp
NVCE DLC01.esp
NVCE DLC02.esp
NVCE DLC03.esp
NVCE DLC04.esp
PipBoyLightx1.5.esp
The Weapon Mod Menu.esp
NVDLC04 Allegiance w Duster.esp
SimpleStreetLights.esp
Lombard Station.esp
Fellout.esp
Fellout-OWB.esp
friendofnightforfellout.esp
Vurt's WFO.esp

Zedd fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Jan 29, 2015

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Edit: Nevermind, going to look into this some more first.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Sorry to bother you all again. I thought I finally had everything like how I wanted to, but now DarnifiedUI doesn't work any more on a recent fresh installation.
I use DarnifiedUI, Onehud, Project Nevada, and that one plugin that goes into the NVSE folder.

I replaced the font settings in the .ini file and stuff and followed these steps from http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/44757
1. Activate Darnified UI or any other UI overhaul mod such as MTUI.
2. Activate Project Nevada
3. Activate Mod Configuration Menu (MCM)
4. Activate all other HUD altering mods (see above list).
5. Activate One HUD (oHUD) *.

Doing this as soon as I activate MCM Project nevada starts working, and the restart after that everything breaks, If I do not follow these steps every BUT Darnified works.
I can live without darnified if somebody can point me to an easy way to make the default font and HUD less gigantic really.

code:
# This file was automatically generated by Mod Organizer.
FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
NVStripOpen.esm
CompanionInfAmmo.esm
More Traits.esm
More Perks.esm
More Perks for Companions.esm
Project Nevada - Equipment.esm
Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp
NevadaSkies.esm
oHUD.esm
Centered 3rd Person Camera.esp
CASM.esp
CompanionInfAmmoCheat.esp
More Perks for Companions Update.esp
Mission Mojave - Ultimate Edition.esp
Vurt's WFO.esp
More Traits Update.esp
EVE FNV - ALL DLC.esp
NVCE DLC01.esp
PerkEveryLevel.esp
NVCE Main.esp
More Perks Update.esp
StripOpenMain.esp
The Weapon Mod Menu.esp
NVCE DLC02.esp
NVCE DLC04.esp
NVCE Main - Companions.esp
NVDLC04 Allegiance w Duster.esp
NevadaSkies - Blueberry Nights.esp
Rustyhwys.esp
NevadaSkies - Ultimate DLC Edition.esp
Lucky 38 Balcony.esp
Lombard Station.esp
CompanionInfAmmoOptional.esp
OWB More Vendor Caps.esp
OWB Valence Extra.esp
PipBoyLightx2.esp
NVCE DLC03.esp
OWB Moddable FIDO.esp
SignatureArmor.esp
SignatureWeapons.esp

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Augustus posted:

If modifying fallout_default.ini didn't do it for you, track the other two .ini files down and modify them too.
yeah I tried your and the other people 's suggestion and just went with 3-4 specific UI mods that technically are less clean/efficient but give me what I want. :3:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I feel like I post a new issue here ever other day :v:, but this one really puzzles me:

Ever since I progressed past the first part of Lonesome Road (the first silo) the game crashes upon entering Lombard Station.
Loading a save from before I progressed to that point is no issue, I even had some lonesome road items already in my storage spots/walls.

I did stock up a decent amount of supplies inside it, like all the gold from DM (:shepface:) and like 60k in caps and ~20k ammo in total; but that shouldn't be an issue just because I went from the first missile Silo up to just past picking up the detonator would it? Could the detonator being a questitem at this point be an issue? It really puzzles me.

I completed the first LR mission, all of HH and all of DM on this save in that order, I only now after both those other two DLC's made more progress into LR and only now the issue shows up.
My files are in order of DLC releases in the modmanager (DM > HH > OWB > LR > GRA) and I haven't had issues with them before.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Psion posted:

That one sounds familiar, but I'm not completely sure.

hmmm ... I think the console pcb command to purge cell buffers was the trick? Get as close to LS as you can without crashing and pop pcb, then enter?
I can save right in front of the "enter lombard station" entrance, cell buffer command did not help.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Zedd posted:

I feel like I post a new issue here ever other day :v:, but this one really puzzles me:

Ever since I progressed past the first part of Lonesome Road (the first silo) the game crashes upon entering Lombard Station.
Loading a save from before I progressed to that point is no issue, I even had some lonesome road items already in my storage spots/walls.

I did stock up a decent amount of supplies inside it, like all the gold from DM (:shepface:) and like 60k in caps and ~20k ammo in total; but that shouldn't be an issue just because I went from the first missile Silo up to just past picking up the detonator would it? Could the detonator being a questitem at this point be an issue? It really puzzles me.

I completed the first LR mission, all of HH and all of DM on this save in that order, I only now after both those other two DLC's made more progress into LR and only now the issue shows up.
My files are in order of DLC releases in the modmanager (DM > HH > OWB > LR > GRA) and I haven't had issues with them before.

Zedd posted:

I can save right in front of the "enter lombard station" entrance, cell buffer command did not help.

Psion posted:

That one sounds familiar, but I'm not completely sure.

hmmm ... I think the console pcb command to purge cell buffers was the trick? Get as close to LS as you can without crashing and pop pcb, then enter?
Sorry for the quotestack but I seem to have narrowed it down to somehow having to do with Dead Money content being in Lombard.
Going back a few hours to saves post-DM but before I moved over all my loot to Lombard have no issues. Saves with Dead Money loot being stored in Lombard crash my game.
I'll try to narrow it down further, my suspects are the gunwall (since I googled around and had people have issues with that thing) or storing too much in the base.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

I don't loving know anymore. Here's what I do know:
I know you probably already know/tried all this but this is how I have it setup and it works for me. Maybe it helps. :)

This is my folder setup, as you can see I have NVSE, MO and everything else just installed to the NV folder:

This how my MO looks when it's ready to go:

This is how I setup the executable, it starts NV4GB like this and detects NVSE on it's own.