Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Horns
Nov 4, 2009
I've got a weaker setup all around and am not experiencing what you are. Slowdowns in a few areas here and there, but nothing that makes it unplayable. Hell, even the mobile equivalent of your graphics card is better than mine and mobile versions are weaker than desktop models as a rule.

You might want to update your drivers. Look into Game Booster as well, it's a free program that should help free up a lot of RAM. You could also try turning down any water settings, they can apparently be pretty rough on Nvidia cards (though I'm pretty sure this was covered by an early official update).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horns
Nov 4, 2009

Naky posted:

Right, I need to clear that up - is this the link from the main page on samods.org, or from the OP?
Both of the links for v1.1 and the beta 1.5 under the mods>Fallout New Vegas page are broken, but the link to the final 1.5 fomod build on the front page (fourth news entry down) is working.

Horns fucked around with this message at 02:54 on May 9, 2011

Horns
Nov 4, 2009

Vincent Valentine posted:

I just remembered why I stopped playing my old FNV saves, and it's because they crashed all the loving time forever. So i'm going to start all over and re-mod from the ground up.

This one gives me a corgi with a helmet and goggles? loving sold.

So that, MAD, More Perks, Monster Mod, URWL, Electro-City, Glow Sticks, World of Pain, Wasteland Defense, NV Bounties 1/2, Existence 2.0, WME and The Armory.

Is all of that compatible with each other? Is there anything cool and obvious that I'm missing? Ideally this runthrough(for my Honest Hearts run) is going to be Lockpicking/Science/Energy Weapons so things that compliment that are ideal.
You're probably going to run into some conflicts running The Armory and WME together. I also used to get tons of crashes running A World of Pain and the optional Highways & Byways part of Electro-City (usually on exterior/interior transitions and when loading new cells), but it seems to be a really uncommon problem and I'm just one of the lucky few so I may not be the best source on that.

Horns
Nov 4, 2009
Point taken. I'm not super knowledgeable about the mechanics of mods, but it just seemed to me that the sheer size of The Armory was bound to cause conflicts with anything else that added or modified new weapon mod kits. V:shobon:V

Horns
Nov 4, 2009

Mr E posted:

I have WME and the new weapon animations installed, which I think are the two mods that are conflicting. Both mods work fine, mostly, but when I go into iron sights on both rifles and pistols, it looks like the animation messes up, but I'm not really sure how to describe it. Does anyone have any idea of what I'm talking about?
I think I might know what you're talking about when it comes to WAR, but I'm not using WME. When going into iron sight with the optional pistol animations in 1st person something would spaz out and it looked part of my character's arm would appear in the upper-right hand corner of the screen for a split second before settling into the correct iron sights. It didn't seem to be doing any harm, but it was really distracting. The only way I could fix it was by just not using any of the bits that modify the pistol animations in 1st person and using only the 3rd person ones.

Horns
Nov 4, 2009

Chinaman7000 posted:

I miss this mod so much. I have serious stutter issues and FPS issues with any decent graphics settings without it, even with various fix mods like the dude listed above.
Have you tried the Stutter Remover? It gave me a nice little boost in performance (managed to get rid of the nasty 10FPS+ hit I'd take if I turned on any of the water options) and the experience overall for me is much more consistent since it lets you set a framerate cap. Just be sure to set it to at least 35FPS, the default setting of 30 can actually make the stuttering worse.

Horns
Nov 4, 2009
New Vegas is crashing on me the second after I get through the opening cutscene (WHY THE loving gently caress DID IT HAVE TO BE UNSKIPPABLE) for Honest Hearts. Zion loads and Jed gets out "All right people" and then boom CTD. I've been disabling mods left and right, and nothing works. I had just gotten the game to a point where it was really stable too, hadn't had a crash in days. Goddammit. Load order:

FalloutNV.esm
CaravanPack.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
DarNifiedUINV.esp
Imp's Timescale Adjuster.esp
w44Satchels - Lite.esp
IIWR 2.1.0.esp
UrgeWasterScarf.esp
TGsArmorCollectionVegas.esp
Tailor Maid - NV.esp
SpetsnazArmor.esp
WearGloves.esp
UHNV.esp
Unified Backpack Mod.esp
PortableCampsite.esp
DK_BulletTime_NV.esp
Heads don't fall off (explode only).esp
zaty1elimachete-HardMode.esp
hz_DeLisle.esp
COD4Weapons.esp

Total active plugins: 22
Total plugins: 22

Keep in mind that this has to been cut down to less than a third of the mods I had running before.

Fake edit: Holy Christ, I have disabled EVERY SINGLE MOD and it still crashes. What the gently caress.

Horns
Nov 4, 2009
Validating the cache for the second time after disabling all my mods did the trick for me. Didn't work the first time. And now I go through the painstaking process of activating and reorganizing all my mods again. gently caress me, why didn't I save my load order.

Horns
Nov 4, 2009

Pound_Coin posted:

So what's the current favoured overhaul? I used to like FWE with WMK for FO3, anything simular for NV? and is there a collection of some of the awesome weapon reskins from this thread?
I was just gonna be a smartass and point you to the giant OP, but... gently caress it. Feel like :spergin: bout some mods.

XFO
Reactive People
Imp's HUD Extended/Timescale Adjuster/Ambient Temperature/More Complex Needs
DarNified UI
Unified HUD Project
Nevada Skies-URWLified
Electro-City/Dynavision/Imaginator
Arenovalis Texture Replacement
The Armory + WAR - Weapon Animation Replacement

If you're looking for gameplay overhauls, XFO is probably your best bet. It makes changes to nearly everything, from combat to pacing and skills to economy and item rarity. Best of all, it's extremely modular. Just use what you want and ignore the rest. Stealth overhaul seems like little more than a WIP at the moment unfortunately, but Reactive People could fill that void for you.

Imp's Timescale Adjuster is what I use for (surprise) timescale tweaking. Very simple to use and includes options to tweak hunger/thirst/sleep rates, including auto-scale. The same author also made the really sweet HUD Extended. It's best used with DarnUI and Unified HUD Project, the former changing the font and many menus to a more PC monitor-friendly state and the latter simplifying installation and compatibility among them - and several other mods that add optional HUD elements - greatly. His Ambient Temperature mod is needed for HUD Extended as well, I believe. You can also check out his More Complex Needs mod if you're really loving serious about survival-based gameplay and thought Hardcore just wasn't hardcore enough. It's far too unnecessarily complicated for me personally, but it seems to be pretty popular. Here's Imp's Nexus page.

Nevada Skies-URWLified + Electro-City/Dynavision/Imaginator is my preferred weather/lighting overhaul combo. They work well together with the right load order and go a long way with sprucing up the visuals. NS-URWLified is for weather effects, including rain, sandstorms, snow, and a bunch of goofy "themes" you'll probably never use but hey they're there; Electro-City adds new lore-friendly lighting stuff like lampposts all across the wasteland (get the discreet signs add-on if you you're annoyed by all the giant masturbatory Electro-City signs everywhere); Dynavision adds a nice pseudo-dynamic depth of field effect for a surprisingly small performance hit; Imaginator is a very deep tool set that adds options for motion blur and allows you to extensively tweak lighting emissions, contrast, and overall coloring to your specific tastes through an in-game options menu and hotkeys.

Arenovalis' Weapon Retexture Project is by far the best texture replacement pack out there. Covers almost 30 of the vanilla weapons so far with top-notch retextures and is being updated constantly. If you're looking for a poo poo-ton of new guns to add on top, The Armory - an insanely loaded weapon pack that emerged from this very thread thanks in large part to Naky and Anime Schoolgirl - is an excellent option. Keep in mind that will you need WAR - Weapon Animation Replacement to get some guns to animate correctly.

All of those combined amounts to pretty much the perfect overhaul for me. There's a handful of other smaller mods I like to use to round things out (nightvision, bullet time, invisible wall remover, Tailor Maid for post-apocalyptic dolly dress-up time, assorted single weapon mods), but that covers the broad strokes. With the right load order it's all very stable. I haven't had a single crash in roughly 15 hours of game time.

Horns
Nov 4, 2009
Yeah, that guy does some quality work. Fairly obsessive too, it seems like he's already going back and revising earlier texture packs of his that have only been out for a few months.

Horns
Nov 4, 2009

ETPC posted:

I'm not sure why this is happening, but HH keeps crashing right after the opening cutscene. Is there a conflict with my load order?
Make sure to verify the game cache through Steam. I was having the same problem as you even with all my mods disabled, and verifying the cache was the only thing that fixed it. Had to do it twice, in fact.

Horns
Nov 4, 2009

ETPC posted:

Tried that. Didn't do a drat thing :(
Oh. :( drat dude. I don't know what to tell you then, other than try disabling your mods one at a time. Start with the big ones like Project Nevada, The Armory and FOOK, and work your way down to the smaller ones. You could also try checking the recent comments and boards for those big mods on Nexus. If it is a conflict with one of them (I have a feeling there's a good chance of this), there would have to be other people having the same problem.

Also, you're probably going to have to sit through the intro cutscene every time. I tried to drop a save after it, and even when I could get HH running correctly past the opening, that one save would still crash every time. It sucks, I know. I can't imagine why they made it unskippable.

Horns
Nov 4, 2009

Positronic Spleen posted:

I remember looking through all those sorts of mods and none of them looked appealing for one reason or another, so this is good. I prefer it be reduced weapon spread (see: steady) -- like how they work in Metal Gear -- or maybe just approximate the effects of the coyote chew, although I can probably just change it myself.
If you do, please upload it somewhere and post a link to it. That sounds like it would be pretty neat.

Horns
Nov 4, 2009

SSJ Reeko posted:

The what?
http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=39582

EDIT: No idea if this works, never used it. The comments section says that a recent update may have broken its menu functionality and some of the original mods have been updated past the versions included here, so use at your own risk I guess.

Horns fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Jun 3, 2011

Horns
Nov 4, 2009
In hindsight, I sure am glad I made that spergy post about mods a few pages back. Makes a good reference for the work I have ahead of me now.

My HDD died yesterday morning. Got it back from the repair shop a few hours ago (if you're ever in the Swanee, GA area and need computer repairs, visit Atlanta Computer Solutions, they do excellent work!). Nothing on the old HDD was recoverable. Besides having to reinstall goddamn EVERYTHING and losing all my saves, I lost my entire NV mods folder. Roughly 2.5GB last time I checked. Quite a few that don't appear to be on Nexus anymore. Looks like I'm going to be up all night downloading all of it again. Wooooooooooo
:suicide:

Horns
Nov 4, 2009
Thanks for this as well, it was one of the dozen or so mods I haven't been able to find.

Speaking of which: waaaay back in the thread (page 25 to be exact, this post specifically), good goon Vitriol posted a link to his wonderful Unified Backpack Mod that he had been working on. It's got all the backpacks you could want, with faction specific models, and leveled lists so that NPCs across the Mojave wear the appropriate ones. It was great, but the link was dead. I discovered this while working to get my NV game back into the shape it was in before my HDD's catastrophic failure. So a quick email and Vitriol was kind enough to reupload it! So for anybody that may also want it:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/81fhqe61de3ff1y/Unified%20Backpack%20Mod.7z

EDIT: Forgot to mention a rather odd problem I've come across. For some reason I have two Thermo-hygrograph devices and two Darker Nights Switches in my inventory. I know this is a problem with Nevada Skies URWLified since it's the mod that adds those items, but I can't figure out why it's happening. My load order seems fine:

FalloutNV.esm
CaravanPack.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
Advanced Recon Tech.esm
Ambient Temperature.esm
Primary Needs HUD.esm
rePopulated Wasteland.esm
ELECTRO-CITY - CompletedWorkorders.esm
ELECTRO-CITY - Highways and Byways.esm
The.Armory.esm
HUD Extended.esp
DarNifiedUINV.esp
Advanced Recon Gear.esp
Advanced Recon Tech.esp
Sprint Mod.esp
DK_BulletTime_NV.esp
The.Armory.Leveled.List.esp
The.Armory.Realism.Tweak.esp
UrgeWasterScarf.esp
AW50f.esp
w44Satchels - Lite.esp
Tailor Maid - NV.esp
Unified Backpack Mod.esp
UHNV.esp
UHNV-Dead Money.esp
UHNV-Honest Hearts.esp
XFO - 1aa - Accuracy Revamp - mild.esp
XFO - 1ba - Dmg - Non-Var - 1x.esp
XFO - 2aa - Armor - DR+DT - revamp - low.esp
XFO - 2da - Bleedthrough - 10% (from 20).esp
XFO - 3ab - rarity - ammo - med.esp
XFO - 3bb - rarity - caps - med.esp
XFO - 3cb - rarity - meds - med.esp
XFO - 4ba - Perks - Perk Every Level.esp
XFO - 5a - SPECIAL & Stats Rebalance.esp
XFO - 5b - Skills - SP Formula Rebalance.esp
XFO - 5c - Skills - Better Med Surv Repair.esp
XFO - 6aa - Epic Skills - Effects Over 100 (NVSE req).esp
XFO - 6be - Pacing - Vanilla (JUST No Cap).esp
XFO - 7b - UnMSG - Karma (Incl Sounds).esp
XFO - 8a - Cripple & Body Part Revamp.esp
XFO - 8c - Karma Rebalance.esp
Heads don't fall off (explode only).esp
XFO - 9a - Enemies - AI revamp.esp
XFO - 9ba - Enemies - NPC Health + low.esp
XFO - 9ca - Enemies - NPC Aim + low.esp
XFO - 9da - Enemies - NPC Healing - low.esp
Reactive People II - Sneak & Diversion.esp
IIWR 2.1.0.esp
HUD Extended - Ambient Temperature.esp
Imp's Timescale Adjuster.esp
Nevada Skies - URWLified.esp
Nevada Skies - URWLHH.esp
Ambient Temperature - URWLified Nevada Skies.esp
DYNAVISION 2 - Dynamic Lens Effect.esp
ELECTRO-CITY - Imaginator.esp

Total active plugins: 58
Total plugins: 58

Can somebody tell me what the problem is here?

Pic for reference:

Horns fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Jun 6, 2011

Horns
Nov 4, 2009

SheepNameKiller posted:

Nevada Skies URWLHH and Nevada Skies URWLified are both full versions of Nevada Skies, the only difference is that URWLHH also contains tweaks to HH weather effects. You're supposed to use one or the other not both, so deactivate the URWLified ESP and you'll be fine.
Thanks, problem solved.

Horns
Nov 4, 2009
This is bugging me. Someone posted a link to their Steam screenshots within the last 20 pages of some really nice shots of Primm and Goodsprings at night with some lighting mods and I can't find the loving post. Need a new background.

Horns
Nov 4, 2009
I have a small mod request for anyone that can do it: can someone please add animations to this Remington 700? I used to have a version that had an animated bolt and clip, but haven't been able to find it anywhere. It was included in a pack of weapons ported from COD4; the desert eagle and shotgun that were in it were pretty much crap, but I loved the rifle (besides the fact that "COD4" was in the weapon's name for some reason). The rifle I linked uses the same mesh and textures as the COD4 pack version, but doesn't have animations.

Horns
Nov 4, 2009

BrainGlitch posted:

I think I bothered Naky enough that there's one in The Armory now. Try looking for the m24 as that's just the military designation for the rem 700.
Oh awesome! :) I'll have to keep an eye out for it then. It's easily one of my favorite mod guns I've come across and I was really disappointed when I couldn't find the original mod again after the hard drive failure.

Terpfen posted:

That's fine. Personally, I consider vanilla FONV unplayable. FOOK has spoiled me. Can't play FONV without it.
It was the same thing with me and FO3 and Fallout Wanderer's Edition. I played the hell out of FO3 on 360, but once I got the PC version and had a taste of FWE, it was impossible for me to go back. I could definitely see myself playing vanilla NV if I didn't have a computer, though. Other than some cosmetic issues (namely the UI and that orange tint on everything), I think NV is pretty great out of the box.

Horns
Nov 4, 2009

Arenovalis posted:

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=42390

12.7mm SMG, sniper rifle and Marksman Carbine left. Then a few tweaks to existing textures to make the unique versions :3
Fantastic work as always. The silencer texture is sick.

And I really hope a La Longue Carabine retexture is in the short list of things to come :ohdear:

Horns
Nov 4, 2009
I always thought the brush gun texture was one of the better vanilla weapon textures in the game. Not to say the retexture isn't great, because it is, but I never thought it looked terrible or anything. I actually quite like the color and style of the wood grain on the original, but I don't use the gun much because I don't really care for the style of peep sight on it. Trail carbine's where's it at, maaaan.

Horns
Nov 4, 2009

Naky posted:

========= The Armory v2.0 ===========
:toot:

Already spent an hour with it and I've noticed major improvements over 1.5. The FOMOD options are much more descriptive now and all weapon animations I've seen so far are in perfect working order. Can't tell you how happy I am with having proper animations for my VSS.

Heads up for anyone using WMX with this: make sure to put all your WMX mods after The Armory mods. I'd get a CTD when mousing over any WMX modded weapons in my inventory if my Armory mods came after any WMX ones.

Horns
Nov 4, 2009

Arenovalis posted:

It's fun to actually model something myself for change.
Awesome, I always hoped you'd start making some new weapons again. The Mac-10 and Mossberg 500 you did were fantastic.

EDIT:

Bobby The Rookie posted:

I'm wondering this as well- can I just deactivate 1.5, activate 2.0 and keep playing from there with no issues?
That's what I did. Deactivated and deleted version 1.5 in FOMM and installed the 2.0 FOMOD. Haven't had any issues yet.

Horns fucked around with this message at 11:30 on Jun 19, 2011

Horns
Nov 4, 2009

Talkie Toaster posted:

You missed out on the argument that the :nws:Shojo mod isn't paedophilic because they're not children, they're short adults with large heads.
Hahahaha, was that seriously someone's justification of it? Jesus Christ.

Horns
Nov 4, 2009
Pretty sure that was from Naky, and it was the display room in the Underground Hideout (with Feng Shui to get the guns on the rack).

EDIT: Yup, checked his post history.

GUN PORN :fap:

And as a plug for The Armory, I'm positive that all of those guns are in v2.0.

Horns fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Jun 24, 2011

Horns
Nov 4, 2009

Naky posted:

poo poo man, all that was in v1 IIRC. Plus it's incredibly out of date now, but I'm far too busy to update it with all the new stuff. I'd love to see someone else try it though!

edit: no, there's some stuff missing but the stuff that is will be in 2.5 so it's all good. Actually, they're already integrated in the 2.5 WIP build.
I stand corrected. :)

So not everything in that pic is in The Armory (yet). Funny thing is that I'd say it doesn't matter because even with the insane number of guns in v2, everything in it is so polished (and you know how spergy I can get over the tiniest of details when it comes to mod guns).

Horns
Nov 4, 2009

Coughing Hobo posted:

It's more real than you think! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MTs-255
Man, I'd love to see someone add in the Colt 1855 Revolving Rifle linked in that entries' related articles section.

Horns
Nov 4, 2009
Armory dudes, can you recommend a good ammo crafting mod that has the best compatibility? I like some of the stuff the Alternate Armor System added but didn't really care for the armor changes and new ammo types that went with it. I'm really just looking for something that lets me craft all the vanilla ammo types and doesn't add anything new.

Also, is it OK to use the leveled lists with the Cabinet Add-On?

Horns
Nov 4, 2009
Ignore the first question from my last post, found what I was looking for on a second search. When I wrote that post Nexus was bugging the gently caress out for me, some wires must have gotten crossed somewhere and I missed it the first time (FYI, it's Better Vanilla Ammo Crafting, the most barebones ammo crafting mod I could find).

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

Mick & Ralph's used to have something like this, but I cut out most of the weapons from their store.

I'm trying to put more of the total weapon stock into store inventories, but the stock game seems awfully picky on exactly what stores would stock from the leveled lists.
I hope you get this ironed out. It would be really awesome if all the vendors had weapons exclusive to them or carried specific types. Chet would have cheap starter weapons/ammo and much more expensive mid-range weapons for people willing to scrounge up the caps to get an early jump on the more dangerous enemies around the starting area, Powder Ganger vendor (who I didn't even know existed until a few days ago) would have tons of explosives, Dino guy in Novac would probably only have assorted low-level weapons because he isn't primarily a gun vendor, Mick would have crazy expensive black market level poo poo if you got him to show you his special inventory, etc.

Horns
Nov 4, 2009

Jan posted:

I can't feel my legs!
"That all you got, robot? :shepface:" is one of my personal favorite lines in the game.

Horns
Nov 4, 2009

Moldy Meatball posted:

So, I just switched over to using WME instead of WMX, and I have to say, I prefer it so far.

I'm still trying to figure out what purpose the Second Trigger mod for That Gun does. That's one thing WMX does better, it improves both the stats and appearance of the weapon. I'm not sure but I think WME actually reverts the stats to the pre-patch values.
Complete opposite for me. I gave WME a shot and briefly replaced it with WMX because of EVE and its day 1 WME compatibility patch and wasn't very impressed. WMX just seems so much more visually polished to me and I really like that all the mods are tagged so they're easier to find in a vendor's inventory (which works great with The Armory since TA mods also use a similar tag, keeping all the mods together).

Speaking of switching mods, I just recently replaced Nevada Skies with Western Skies and I'm kicking myself for not doing it sooner. Not having an in-game configuration tool (none that I've found anyway) sucks, but I seem to be getting slightly better performance with WS without sacrificing any noticeable loss in visual quality and I love the much more vibrant sunrises and sunsets. I just wish WS had a colorful night sky add-on like NS does. I kinda miss Nevada Skies' crazy multicolored star-filled sky.

SourceElement, check out the cyborg nightvision implant the maker of Advanced Recon Gear has. When installing, you can select to use the "invisible" implant that doesn't jam the goggle into your eye socket (rendering any eyewear unequippable) and now you aren't forced to wear either of the goofy looking nightvision headset things.

Horns fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Jul 3, 2011

Horns
Nov 4, 2009
Which Goodsprings Home? There's like a dozen mods that add player homes in Goodsprings.

I personally like to use Ol Rustys Old and Rusty Bus of Safety and Equality. :3:

Horns
Nov 4, 2009
I don't even want to imagine what a Nexus emote would look like. How do you condense everything that's awful and amazing about Nexus down to just one tiny 90x25 pixel icon?

Unrelated, but I remember someone mentioning ages ago that they'd like to have a version of the reinforced leather armor that didn't look so pristine. Can't remember who it was, but I just stumbled across this and thought that whoever asked would appreciate it: Rogue Leather Retex. Two of them are still a bit too clean for my tastes, but the brown retex has a nicer worn-in and rough leathery look compared to vanilla.

Horns
Nov 4, 2009
Came across another really great armor mod, the Courier Uniform. It's an outfit that you collect bit by bit in an unmarked quest, and each piece can be worn independently of each other like the armor and accessories in Tailor Maid/Satchels. The basic idea is that it's actually what you were wearing when Benny shot you. Somehow in the time between getting shot in the face and waking up in the Doc's place, all of your gear other than the base outfit has gone missing and you have to hit up courier resupply boxes that are set up on all the Mojave Express dropboxes in the wasteland. It doesn't make much sense, but it's a hell of a lot more clever than just dumping it all into a random footlocker somewhere and the gear itself is very well done.

Horns
Nov 4, 2009

ClearAirTurbulence posted:

That's not what you were wearing when Benny shot you, though. It looked like a big hat and typical wasteland wanderer clothes.
Hence the bit about it not making much sense ;)

SplitSoul posted:

:nexus: and/or :nma:

Ha, this is perfect.

Horns
Nov 4, 2009
As expected, the new patch broke Stutter Remover. Running the game without it feels weird now. It's a good thing Steam has a crazy Summer sale going on right now, because it looks like I won't be playing much NV until it gets fixed. I just hope it's in time for Old World Blues. According to the Fallout wiki, the last patch came out on 4/25 and Stutter Remover was updated 2 days later to work with it, so if all goes well it should be working right relatively soon.

Probably a stupid question: will there be another patch with OWB?

Horns fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Jul 7, 2011

Horns
Nov 4, 2009

Ace Oliveira posted:

Is the Stutter Remover any good? I've been experiencing some increased stutter after the last patch, and I'm trying to fix it. Would Stutter Remover help?
Stutter Remover might help, the problem now is that it needs to be updated to work with the patch or else it doesn't do diddly dick.

Horns
Nov 4, 2009
Nevada Skies is still pretty much the king of the hill when it comes to weather mods. It definitely has the nicest looking weather effects (and the performance hit that comes with that) and it's heavily configurable, which is always a plus. It's also the most up to date - the main data file doesn't get updated at all, instead the author just puts updates under the optional file section. The most recent ones are only a few weeks old.

Western Skies is an alright alternative. There's no in-game configuration tool and clouds aren't animated, but sunsets/sunrises are gorgeous. I think the color palette in general is much nicer, but missing all the bells and whistles of NS really hurts it.

F3NV Weather is the newest weather mod, about a month old. New to NV anyway, it's apparently just a straight port of an FO3 weather mod. Haven't tried it out personally, but just from looking at the author's screenshots it doesn't seem to look right for this game. While its bleak and washed out color palette feels like a perfect fit for the capitol wasteland IMO, it doesn't work so well for the Mojave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horns
Nov 4, 2009
I can't really speak on whether it's compatible with PN or not, but aHUD/iHUD is great for customizing the UI. My current setup:

(It's actually a combination of DarnUI, HUD Extended, Primary Needs HUD and aHUD. You can't see em in that pic, but I'm using the Advanced Recon HUD icons as well.)