Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Horns
Nov 4, 2009

Hobo on Fire posted:

When I first started playing with TTW, I had a lot of buggyness inside vault 101. I pushed forward into the capitol wasteland anyway, and once I made it out of the vault it was a more stable experience than I ever had playing Fallout 3. If you have made it to Megaton and you're still having these issues, then give it a go when you get your desktop. If not, push a little farther and see if it smooths out.
It was mostly fine in the vault. A frame dip here or there, nothing too alarming. It was when I got out and started exploring the world map that it fell apart. Standing still I could just barely get a constant 30FPS, but moving around turned it into a stuttering mess, fluctuating between 20 and 25FPS. My poor laptop was really struggling to do even that. I used every performance saving trick I've learned after god only knows how long spent tweaking NV and the total gain was maybe a frame or two, and made the game look like warmed over dogshit.

I have to shelve it for now, but I haven't given up entirely. It's definitely going to be the very first thing I do on the new PC. In the meantime reinstalling FO3 with Wanderer's Edition and an iron sight mod should scratch the itch (well, as soon as the Nexus servers stop throwing a fit).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horns
Nov 4, 2009

Snoop Radley posted:

Is it safe to install Open Bets into my ongoing game (which has tens of hours of playtime since I'm half-way through my second DLC) or should I start a new game if I want to check it out? I didn't see any warnings in the mod description but thought I'd make sure.
You're fine so long as you install the mod on a save that isn't in a cell that's modified. It probably won't do any serious damage even then, but any changes made in that cell might be a little weird and not implemented quite right. For example, I tried it on a save after I'd cleared Primm of enemies and saved the deputy but before I found a new town sheriff. Two seconds after loading in, I got swarmed by 5 naked Powder Gangers. The funny part to me was that they actually had armor in their inventories. I guess they just didn't feel like wearing them.

Horns
Nov 4, 2009
It's incompatible with Fake Fullscreen ("Fallout is not running" error), if that matters.

Horns
Nov 4, 2009
If I wanted the Project Nevada Rebalance module for just some of the miscellaneous options (specifically turning off karma messages and tweaking timescale/physics/gore/primary needs rates), would I be able to disable everything else? I already like the balance of CCO/jsawyer and don't want anything screwing them up. Would loading the Rebalance .esm/.esp's before CCO/jsawyer get the job done without breaking gameplay or making it really unstable?

Horns
Nov 4, 2009

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I haven't seen this mentioned here, but it's a small pack of weapons and armor that are supposed to be resources for a new quest/area mod that may or may not be finished. The weapons and armor are actually pretty cool "survivalist" and "scrounger" types, and are more or less dumped in Goodsprings like a lot of other similar mods. Might be worth checking out if you're into that sort of theme, though.

Had this downloaded but haven't gotten around to checking it out. His Courier's Cache mod is quality, though. Voice acting for the quest is a mixed bag (first character's passable, second guy's awful in every way, third character has some genuinely funny lines) but the player house is cool (small and functional with some personality, similar in a lot of ways to the Wasteland Loader Shack, which is easily one of my favorite player home mods for NV) and the gear is all pretty great. The Gunslinger outfit even has a little scripted holster/sling that show up if you have specific weapons in your inventory.

E: I should probably point out that the poncho is from Spice of Life, here's the Gunslinger without it

Horns fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Aug 4, 2013

Horns
Nov 4, 2009

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Are you supposed to be running both NVInteriors_Core.esm and NVInteriors_ComboEdition.esm? The rest of those plugins shouldn't be causing that sort of instability, and the textures (NMC and female texture replacers) shouldn't be contributing to CTDs like you're describing. Is it basically that you can load up a game, try to transition cells, and trigger a CTD? So basically within a 30-second timeframe?

Yeah, Combo Edition of NV Interiors requires the Core module.

Horns
Nov 4, 2009
Not sure why the HeroinZero Dragunov (along with the most of his other mods) is gone, but there are other Dragunov mods on Nexus. Just need to search for "SVD."

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/43498/
http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/49378/

Horns
Nov 4, 2009

sector_corrector posted:

Slightly off topic, but there's no convenient Fallout 3 thread (no surprise). I decided that after ragging on FO3 a lot, I haven't really given it another try recently, so I just reinstalled. I'm getting a weird thing where, no matter where I start, the game hangs after about 2 minutes of play. I just made some upgrades to my computer, so I'm not sure if it's that or if it's not having up to date drivers. Anyone else experienced something along these lines?

Sounds like an UAC issue. Is Steam installed to program files?

Horns
Nov 4, 2009
Then that's likely the problem. FO3 really doesn't like Windows 7/Vista User Account Control. Hell, I couldn't even get to character creation when I had Steam installed to the default location on my old Win7 laptop.

You've got two options: You can either turn off UAC, which you shouldn't do (and it may not work anyway). Or, move Steam outside of program files. So it's actually just one option. It's a pretty painless procedure, though. Just follow this: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7418-YUBN-8129

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horns
Nov 4, 2009
Pitt and Point Lookout are both great. MZ is way too long and repetitive, but it has some really cool moments.