Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PolarPear
Apr 4, 2010

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Part 1 is up! http://www.megaupload.com/?d=U6CQ7O6D
And Part 2: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RDZDA301

There ya go people.

Some of the mono .ogg tracks are broken 0kb files, I fixed them and included a clean copy of 73.mp3 and MUS_Cobwebs_and_Rainbows.mp3. Copy and overwrite the files in the pack with these to get the affected tracks playing on radios across the Mojave. You still need both Megaupload parts for this fix to work.

Here is the fix Mediafire. Megaupload.

PolarPear fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Aug 18, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PolarPear
Apr 4, 2010

If you're using MO check the data tab and see which mod is loading textures/characters/male/upperbodymale.dds and then find that mod on the left and either move it above Breeze's or hide the texture, if you aren't then don't know reinstall Breeze's maybe? :shrug:
Your load order is totally hosed though, might want to run it through LOOT before actually playing.

PolarPear
Apr 4, 2010

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

Are the extra quests from VNV worth it? For example, North Road is tagged "sexualized content" and anything off Nexus that has sexualized content gives me the creeps just thinking about it.

I've only played through The Blue Note and Repconn Blues so here's some :words:.

I'll start with The Blue Note, it's not good. This is the titular bar, the pip boy light is pretty useless here. Note the lights on the wall that glow but don't emit light.

If you can make out the booths in either of these pictures then you have better eyes than me.
After talking to a few people in the bar you get pointed to a woman at Gomorrah who says gently caress every loving sentence, I stopped being invested here and went to do other quests for a while. She sends you to the Prospector Saloon where you talk with the owners drinking buddy who says he'll lead you right to him, without even asking for any booze or caps. He goes out the back and starts walking to the graveyard while drunkenly singing. The best part was when he charged ahead to punch the radscorpion without missing a beat. While he was getting stung a bunch and Veronica was going over to show him how to punch things properly, I noticed two guys following us. We got to the graveyard and the two twins were already there, having teleported ahead while I wasn't looking. Everyone was standing still, none of them were talking and attempting to talk to them zoomed in and immediately out. So I reload and charge ahead to punch the radscorpion thinking maybe it won't soft lock because if you do the tutorial like Sunny says you would have most likely killed it on the way to get the Broc Flower, but I always go south for both ingredients since they're closer. This time the twins weren't there and the drunk guy stops at a grave and says this is the owner. The twins, having followed us to the grave, hear the owner is dead and they walk north having not said a word that I could hear. So you go back to the bar and find out the bartender has saved up enough caps to buy it. You get a choice of the bartender buying it or selling it to the other guy. When I got there the other guy was right behind the bartender for the 'what to do about the bar' dialog. I had the bartender buy it and immediately after the dialog ended the other guy vanished, literally popped out of existence in front of me. Apart from the one character the dialog isn't the worst, and the audio quality is quite good.

Repconn Blues is OK, apart from a few things. The main guy you talk to has a few second pause between every line, it annoys me greatly. There's another character wearing a mask and it seems like they edited his audio for the effect instead of setting the modulates voice flag on the armor entry for the mask. I don't mind someone in the southwestern United States having a European accent 200 years after the bombs fell but the audio is very off compared to anyone else with a mask, he isn't someone you need to talk to much though. Part of the quest involves going out to crashed rockets to get things, which are in a separate interior through a hatch. I don't think they are navmeshed on the top where the hatch is since enemies couldn't get to me. The first rocket Veronica and ED-E got stuck inside when we exited so I had to moveto player to get them out to distract the giant yao guai and nightkin looking at me. The second one I went to spawned a giant gecko that did a glowing one radiation explosion every time it attacked and it had enough range to hit me on the rocket, I also had to moveto player to get my companions out. For the third the area was filled with deathclaws, and my companions ended up a bit away when I exited. I cheesed it by going inside when they got knocked out and exiting so they get back up to kill everything because deathclaws are two hit murder machines when you're playing unarmed. The robots are also voiced by the DECTalk speech synthesizer which is always fun. Once again the audio here is good, except the effect they added to the guy with the mask.

I won't be keeping either one when I get bored of my current playthrough and redo my setup.

PolarPear
Apr 4, 2010

FrancisFukyomama posted:

Anyone have any mod list recs for ttw? I’d like to have something that gives me all the essentials that I can then build on top of

The Best of Times.

PolarPear
Apr 4, 2010
The Bethesda modding community still has people that only mod for internet cred or to put things on their game dev resume, they destroy projects with their toxicity. People that mod for their own personal fulfillment might find it hard to work towards someone else's vision without also sharing that vision. It's part of why I don't volunteer for modding projects.

Even with design documentation and editors there's little stopping someone from adding their sweaty foot fetish teen waifu long after they already contributed a huge amount of other content. The moment someone says the sweaty foot fetish teen waifu has to go, the creator will throw a shitfit and threaten to pull all their content, which by then includes part of the main quest and base stuff like meshes, textures, scripts, etc. that others use in their parts.