Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Dickeye posted:

Are there any good male body replacers?

Robert's Male Body

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

RagnarokAngel posted:

Are there any good mods for improving the look of PCs faces? I realized mine is kinda ugly still and I can just use the console for plastic surgery but I wonder if any mods make PCs look better. I know this is kinda vague of a request but I admittedly dont know what I'm looking for exactly either.

Yes. Check out Fallout New Vegas Redesigned under the Miscellaneous section in the OP. It is essentially NV's Project Beauty. It doesn't seem to be compatible with body replacers, but it adds a whole new level of detail into faces and necks that wasn't there before, and the end result is pretty amazing.

The mod replaces the textures for eyes, as well, but the change is subtle enough to not look cartoony or distracting. The skin and eye effects also carry over to your PC. You should check it out.

Example:

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Jan 4, 2011

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Soy Sauce Beast posted:

Oh hey, the one and only user uploaded image has a big, swinging dong. Awesome.

I'm not a personal user of the mod, but it's the only popular Male Body Replacer that I can recall. Judging by the percentage of body replacers that focus on women, it would appear that about 80 percent of players choose a female PC either to masturbate to or because they are pathetic nancy-boys.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Horns posted:

So I came across a problem with textures:

Tried a few different things to fix it and nothing's working. Tried uninstalling/reinstalling, waiting 5 full days instead of 3 just to be safe, and fiddling with Archive Invalidation, all a bust. Suggestions?

I think the creator has to go through his mod and fix the "Texture Sets" for those backpack meshes, which is located under the miscellaneous section. That's what happens when the plugin doesn't have information for what textures new meshes should use.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Nycticeius posted:

Isn't Nevada Skies supposed to have darker nights? I turn the mod on and all my nights are brighter than gently caress. I miss the feeling of being lost in the dark like with Fellout. I suppose there isn't a way to get this to work properly?

It *DOES* have nights darker than vanilla, but not to the ridiculous extent that FO3's Fellout does (inky, super-black). For the full darker-nights effect, you have to take the "Cataracted Eyes" perk that is offered at level-up (which sort of sucks, since it takes the place of a useful perk) in order to get the really darker nights.

Failing that, you could always merge Nevada Skies with another lighting overhaul (like Electro-City) and use the attached Darker Nights plugin to get those really, really black nights.

Brace posted:

What else can one do to remove the stutters and jitters my game gets? I have a GTX280, E8400 stock clocks, 4 gigs of ram.

I can't post my load order right now but I've got URWL,Electro City,Nevada Skies, and 4aces High res textures and my game gets pretty stuttery and annoying at times. I have the 3gb LAA enabler, and the stutter remover. What kind of tweaks can I do through the graphics settings and and or ini settings to make my game run smooth again?

Do you have the Stutter Remover tweaked properly? You might try setting your MaxFps to something higher than default (30). I find that something around 40-45 is a good compromise.

Besides that, you could also tweak your ini to take full advantage of the extra RAM you're allotting the game. Open up Fallout_default.ini in your Steam \ Steamapps \ Fallout New Vegas folder and make the following changes:

iPreloadSizeLimit=262144000

uInterior Cell Buffer=16

uExterior Cell Buffer=102

bUseThreadedBlood=1
bUseThreadedMorpher=1
bUseThreadedTempEffects=1
bUseThreadedParticleSystem=1
bUseThreadedAI=1
bUseMultiThreadedFaceGen=1
bUseMultiThreadedTrees=1
bMultiThreadAudio=0
iNumHavokThreads=5

and for shits and giggles, inumhwthreads=2

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Brace posted:

I did all those ini tweaks and I'm still getting the same weird little stutters. Here's my load order, I'm also getting a lot of seams on the ground, like its split into long rectangles, this is at night.

The "Seams" issue (or as Electro-City's creator calls it, "That drat Ground Render Error") is a side-effect of using lighting-overhauls like Electro-City. It's normal and is only noticeable at night (when there are fewer ambient light sources)...as normal as working with exterior cell lights in the Gamebryo Engine can be considered, at least. The Electro-City page on the Nexus has a lot to say about this issue, if you're interested.

I've combed through your mod list and can't see anything that stands out to me. Maybe a second pair of eyes will notice something wrong. In the meantime, do you have the same stuttering issues when no mods are loaded? At least you could figure out if the issue is a hardware issue or a load order/modding issue.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Very much a shot in the dark, but if anybody is using XFO's Overhaul and has noticed that all non-humanoid creatures (Geckos, Ghouls, Radscorpions, Nightstalkers, etc.) are remarkably easy to kill, I've found out what the problem is.

Essentially, if you're using any of XFO's plugins that increase weapon damage and / or modify the DR / DT system, animals and abominations do not currently scale properly to the changes. For example, you might be wearing some medium armor with a DT of 15 and DR of 10 and carrying a laser rifle that can do 36 DAM / 120 DPS. Unfortunately, you're still fighting Radscorpions with 2, 10, or 15 DT and no DR. You're fighting Ghouls, Nightstalkers, Geckos, and Centaurs with neither DT or DR. Even Deathclaws are relatively impotent by the changes.

Now toss in a few mods for that laser rifle to increase its damage by 3 points and some psycho and you're pretty much one-shotting the wildlife at Level 7 with a laser rifle and 45 in energy weapons. (I knew something was wrong when--at level 1 and an 8 in guns--I ran up and plugged a Radscorpion with a ratty 20 gauge buckshot and took off half its health.)

I've modified the 2aa - Armor - DR+DT - revamp - low.esp (it works great with the plugins that modify damage by 2x or 3x) so that the creatures are balanced appropriately for the changes. I can throw it up on mediafire if anybody's interested in using it (or looking at it to see just how simple it is to go through and modify DT / DR buffs for the wildlife to customize it for your own game.)

I should warn you that Radscorpions and other larger wildlife are back to being extremely difficult to damage at lower levels, or with low-damage weapons that cannot penetrate the animal's DT. It took half the town of Goodsprings to kill a lone Giant Radscorpion that had wandered into the area and started killing Bighorners. In my opinion, that's how much work it should take for a bunch of bums and farmers to kill an 800-pound scorpion with revolvers and varmint rifles.

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Jan 6, 2011

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Brace posted:

Hey Cream, is there any way that d3d9.dll could help my situation out? The game really shouldn't be having this weird kind of stutter issue, and I don't really remember it happening at an earlier point. Is the d3d9.dll made completely obsolete by the patch?

I highly doubt that it will help you out, considering your video card. But it can't hurt to try it out for the sake of SCIENCE! :science:

I just merged the Camon BAR / BAR LMG plugin with Jaysus' M1 Rifle Mod. I love the BAR but cannot, for the life of me, understand why the modder would stop so short and add it to a single specific location. That's the kind of gun you need to pry from somebody's warm, dead hands. And it seriously took 20 minutes to piggyback it onto the other mod and get it to quietly distribute itself to leveled lists. Come on, modders!

I love the G.E.C.K.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Swartz posted:

Anyone have any recommendations for Hardcore mods to make it less annoying and more about survival?

I'm guessing the XFO modules are a good start, as well as the Primary Needs HUD display. Any other suggestions to make the wastes tougher and meaner?

I was looking for a mod that increased radiation across the entire game but didn't find any. It seems like every playthrough I can sell all my radaway and rad-x as long as I don't go into certain vaults or caves.

If you're interested, it's fairly easy to create a plugin (in about 5 minutes) or modify an existing mod to increase radiation accumulation rates so that Rad-X and RadAway actually serve a tangible purpose.

Let's say you want to create a really simple plugin from scratch that achieves this effect--and only this effect.

1. Open up G.E.C.K. When it's finished loading, select File > Data. Load the FalloutNV.esm (and only the FalloutNV.esm) It will take a while, and might even give the impression of freezing or locking-up, but give it a few moments and it will clear itself up.

2. Now that you have the FalloutNV.esm loaded, find the window for the GECK (usually underneath the three or four smaller windows that load on top of it. Select Gameplay > Settings.

3. When the Game Settings window opens, it will have a long, long list of various settings in alphanumeric format. Select the "Filter" bar and search for "Radiation".

4. The Radiation variables you're looking for are:
fRadiationAccumulationRate
fRadiationAvoidThreshold
fRadiationDecayRate
fRadiationReevaluationRate
fRadiationResistanceAvoidLevel

By adjusting the values of these settings--especially the accumulation rate--you can make any area with radiation more dangerous by speeding up the rate at which your character absorbs radiation. You might even be able to increase the range of these radioactive zones (I don't know, though, I haven't experimented much with these values.)

When you're done making your adjustments, save the file as a new .esp and make sure it loads after the FalloutNV.esm.

Talkie Toaster posted:

Just to drag up a post from like ages ago, I made Companion Share & Recruit which did this for Oblivion & Fallout, and I've got a version for New Vegas done but not actually had time to test it in actual play what with exams and coursework.

This sounds really clever. How balanced is it--as in, do I have a cap on the number of NPCs I can recruit in a single sitting? Or can I simply go around and, with enough points invested in speech, recruit a small standing army?

Brace posted:

Stuttering and lag was noticeably worse with all mods de-activated. What does this mean?

It means that the performance mods you were using were probably doing their job, which is a good thing.

Have you defragmented your drives recently? If not, check out something like Defraggler or PerfectDisk.

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Jan 7, 2011

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Naky posted:

Infamous save file bloat Gamebyro suffers from? I know Morrowind/Oblivion had fixers out for that.

I concur. How many hours have you logged on this game? How big are the save files getting?

My Wasteland-dude-from-Grey's-Anatomy concurs, as well. He's a doctor, after all, and just murdered his way out of captivity with slightly-uglier-than-before-Veronica.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Capn Beeb posted:

What pistol is that?

It's a redesigned plasma pistol somebody made for FO3. You can find it here on the FO3 Nexus. I took the liberty of porting it over for personal usage because I think the Plasma pistol and rifle are seriously ugly looking to the point that I prefer not using them.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Brace posted:

Yeah, can you upload it to megaupload or something? Those look seriously badass, also does it replace the unique plasma rifle ?

Saoshyant posted:

Make that public? Please?

Here you go.

I need to warn you though: The weapons can't be modded unless you go in the GECK and do it yourself. I never got around to meddling with NifSkope (or just renaming the vanilla nif file seven times for every mod combination.) So it's not the greatest conversion, but the weapons work and are animated and everything.

I didn't change the models for unique plasma pistols and rifles, so if you find any, now they're extra unique.

Arenovalis posted:

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=35429

Here's a great weapon sound mod I'm using. Might want to add it to the first post.. Up to you, of course :p

Updated.

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Jan 7, 2011

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Dickeye posted:

Does anyone know how I'd change the sound associated with a weapon mod, and the animation?

Yeah. Open the mod in GECK, select the "Weapon" subject (under "Items") from the organization tree in the left hand column, and right click > edit on the specific weapon you want to modify.

Open up the "Art and Sound" tab in the window that opens up, and you can see that you're able to change the animations (they're not descriptive, so you'll have to experiment a little) and sounds for specific actions.

Also, The Community Bugfix Compilation Patch (the one from a long time ago) was just updated and released. The patch seems to have overcome a lot of issues that were preventing it from being updated regularly and the author promises to provide more regular updates.

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Jan 7, 2011

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

SheepNameKiller posted:

The only thing I dislike about XFO is the skill point rebalance and the method it uses to edit leveled lists for ammo and health items. The SP rebalance actually give you MORE SP in my opinion since it doubles tag skills, and I personally think that Hardercore does the health item/ammo rebalance better by adding junk to leveled lists. That's the great thing about XFO though, it's modular. Still, I really can't wait for the FWE folks to release their take on it.

Oh, someone else mentioned how it makes creatures too easy, and I agree with that too, but I think Cream of Plenty has a fix that he's willing to share for it.

Bing bong Boom.

That's my revised version of XFO's plugin 2aa - DR + DT (low). It makes creatures tougher (in line with XFO's plugins that modify damage 1x - 3x; anything higher and it won't be enough.)

Some of the fleshier creatures aren't a whole lot tougher than before (Plain Geckos, for example) because I didn't give them a lot of DT, as they don't have any naturally occurring armor. However, creatures like Centaurs have about 20 points of DR. Ghouls got an upgrade to their DR too (but no DT whatsoever for the plain variety; only Reavers) because I figured a creature that went rabid is going to ignore mortal wounds more than a self-preserving animal.

Giant Radscorpions and Deathclaws are pretty loving mean with this plugin. Respect them with Stealth Attacks and plenty of AP ammunition. At level 1-4, don't try to pick a fight with Giant Radscorpion outside of Goodsprings because you probably won't be able to punch a hole in them.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

In other news, FO3's DCInterior's creator said that he is currently working on bringing his poo poo over to FO:NV.

ChuckSteel posted:

Sorry to everyone, for being away for a bit, well I was not away so much as trying to figure out where I wanted to go with this new mod. I started several districts, which repeatedly frustrated me. :brokencomputer: I've now begun work on the "NVInteriors_WastelandEdition" which will be my first release. I've also ben putting a lot of time in working on my "Core Assets" master, this time I will not have the redundant files, forms as I did in "DCInteriors". "NVInteriors" will have the "Core" master and, all associated plugins, modules relying on it, I will also at some point release a "Combo Edition", but, I want to finish several plugins before I get to that.

I'm hoping to have my first release by the end of the month.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Apotheosis posted:

I've been looking around the FONV Nexus for a while and I haven't found a specific type of mod I'm looking for, so I thought I would ask here.

Are there any mods that change the way a new game starts? Like, instead of having to go through the tutorial umpteen times, spawning the player at a random location with some basic equipment and allowing them to explore the world as they see fit? Barring that, are there any mods that remove the main quest?

In the absence of that, I did find a mod that allows for extended play after completing the main quest, so there's that.

The closest I found was Advanced Start but you've probably already found it, yourself. It doesn't quite accomplish what you're looking for (closer than anything else I know of, though) but it *does* skip the tutorial segments and deposit you at the outskirts of Goodsprings where the tutorial quests end and allow you to respec your character.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Apotheosis posted:

That'll work fine, thanks. :) There's also another mod that does the same thing, but starts you off outside of Doc Mitchell's place. It's here.

BTW, the "Extended play after main quest" mod has apparently disappeared, and the closest thing I could find to it is this.

Thank you for the heads up. OP Updated.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Horns posted:

So I'm following the little guide in the OP for porting weapons for this gun and I can't even get past the first step. :saddowns:

The GECK keeps throwing up an "Invalid Directory" error every time I try to save a blank template. I've tried saving it in a dozen different places and get the same result every time. Google has been no help. The hell am I doing wrong?

Failing any kind of solution, could someone port it over for me? I figure it should be pretty painless since it doesn't need adjustments for iron sights and I don't care if it has the custom ammo the author made for it or not (any caliber is fine, but .308 would probably make the most sense).

EDIT:

This depth of field mod has an option for head bobbing. The rest can be disabled if bobbing is all you're after, though I think this is probably the best DOF mod on Nexus right now. It's not true dynamic DOF, but that also means it has less of a chance of murdering your framerate. I use it mainly for the motion blur.

Hey Horns, I just one-upped you. I'm testing the little mod real quick and then I'll throw up the conversion.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Alright, so as per Horns' request, I have ported over Nester's Vintorez Rifle from FO3 to New Vegas. The weapon can be found at Gun Runner's (it's sold as a Tier 3 weapon and is slightly more expensive than the Sniper Rifle) and has been added to Gun loot lists as well as the NPC Hunting and Sniper rifle list. It is triggered to spawn on NPCs around Level 12, as I imagine it can be fairly formidable in their hands.

HEY! If you're impatient, you can also summon yourself one by opening the console and typing player.additem xx000ade 1 (where the XX's are the mod index of the mod in your load order.)

The rifle is quietly added to the game, not by directly modifying levelled lists (this conflicts with other mods that do the same thing) but rather through a script and invisible quest.

For convenience sake, the weapon is chambered in .308 and does slightly (2 points) less damage than the Sniper Rifle. It has a 10-round magazine and is semi-automatic. It costs a few less AP points to shoot in VATS than the Sniper Rifle, as well. However, it IS silent by default, so you won't have to worry about tracking down weapon mods for it (there currently are none.)

It can be repaired by breaking down other Sniper Rifles.

DOWNLOAD has been taken down to edit the mod--Link is in one of my posts on the next page.

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Jan 9, 2011

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Syrant posted:

I try to use this but it crashes when I go to my inventory. By using FNVEdit I can change some things around to keep it from doing so (like matching the stats to the master file, not touching the icon or anything) but even when both models work I have no firing sound.

Also, what does it mean in FNVEdit when the plugin name is in italics? I can't seem to find out what the hell that means. It's yellow background, green italic text and show no conflicts. I haven't a drat clue what is causing it but I know if I overwrite the mod's plasma rifle + weapon mods it (of course) looks like the old plasma rifle and the unmodded one looks like the new rifle and I don't crash looking for it in my inventory.

Hell I'm just really curious about the italics in general.

:confused:

I honestly have no idea. That's what I get for going off and creating a Frankenstein's monster, though--that was my first conversion attempt. Italics, you say? I've never seen anything like that before.

Anybody else care to shine some light on that?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Arenovalis posted:

Quick start on the 10mm SMG..

You're a prolific man, you know that? Thanks for the Assault Carbine retexture, by the way.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Brace posted:

My game crashes everytime I quick save... :sigh:

I know this is lame advice but...don't use quick save. Use CASM and hard-saves instead. Quick saves and a thoroughly-modded Gamebryo engine game don't have a fantastic track record. Or does it crash when you save in general?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Syrant posted:

Okay it seems that Italics mean it is a patch inserted into prior mods and the purple background is a 'severe conflict' according to stuff about FO3Edit. Still no idea why the plasma weapon mod is giving me poo poo, though, and no firing sounds.

The 'severe conflict' is with CFollowers and SCVR, not sure what the SCVR is for but it's got bWeaponCheck on the ESM and nMaxFollowers on the CFollowers mod. I haven't run into any trouble, really.

Now for the sake of learning something from this, I'm curious if anybody else downloaded that mod and had a similar experience. At least we could figure out what is causing this and whether it's coming from the mod or from something more complicated.

Demerzel posted:

Is there any drat way to batch file without steam?

I got a couple of exes from a youtube of all places that work, but the promised 'Run Without Launcher' mod just sets SteamAppID and then runs it in a batch file does nothing, or rather launches steam. I even tried .bak the steam exe and also empty steam.exe and both still just won't let me play. Don't know if I'm missing something or it's been patched out?

Would greatly prefer just plugging in a batch file versus using altered exes

It's not a batch, but have you checked into the NVSE 3GB LAA patch I listed in the OP? It circumvents Steam entirely...unless you're more interested in using a batch than getting around Steam and I misread you.

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Jan 8, 2011

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

cookiesapplejuice posted:

I have a question on the best way to install a mod like the underground hideout...
Do I just drop the uhnv.bsa and uhnv.esp files into the data folder then check them off in FOMM?
Or do I need to open uhnv.bsa and extract it using FOMM into the data folder?
Or do I go to package manager in FOMM and click "Add FOMod?"
Thanks

Drop the bsa and esp into your data folder. Activate the esp through FOMM.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Capn Beeb posted:

Nifty. I looked in the OP but didn't see a guide on porting FO3 mods. I don't suppose you could port this over as well, could you? :shobon:

Yeah-huh there's one. Check the FAQs section.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Naky posted:

Someone could if the link worked :D

Strange. The link worked when I clicked on it 30 minutes ago. It was for the 1903 Springfield Rifle. The link no longer works, though. :iiam:

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Capn Beeb posted:

What the hell :( I can upload the zip if one of you wants to take a stab at it. The model is in the game and console adding it works just fine, but the sounds didn't carry. This gets me every time I try to add or change a sound effect on a weapon :argh:

Same here. I still haven't figured out how to carry over custom sounds with a mod. Even if you package them nice-and-neat with the mod (just like meshes and textures) the settings don't always seem to keep. There must be a trick we're missing.

By the way...

gently caress YES.

Somebody just released a mod that allows you to craft a number of junk weapons, including this fully-kitted pipe rifle with milk bottle optic and some sort of silencer. There's also a zip gun, some sort of energy pistol, and a dynamite charge.

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Jan 9, 2011

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Demerzel posted:

Crap I need some mod help, I'm not even sure how to know what's wrong. I've manually installed mods up to this point which hasn't been a problem, but just trimmed them all out and got what I wanted this time around, and it played fine up until I went to Mojave to talk to Knight, and no matter what I did when I entered the office building it would crash, black screen music still playing. Could enter barracks fine, thought it was just a problem with that building so I moved Knight to me to just continue the quest.

Fast forward to Primm, now I get the same thing trying to enter Nash's place to get ED-E. I don't mind moving him outside I guess but I don't want this to be a constant issue, so I got BOSS and it ordered my mods for me, and got FNVedit and it didn't detect any issues. I didn't have them ordered before and FNVedit threw an error, but now even after it can load I still have the same problem. Help?

Here's BOSS output, I don't see any issues since I don't have FOOK and I don't know what BASH:NpcFaces is but I guess it's not an issue since FNVEdit didn't have an issue.

You have the Fallout New Vegas Redesigned.esm (master) but you don't have the esp (LORE.esp). That is probably the issue.

Horns posted:

I can't thank you enough for this, it was one of my top 3 favorite mod weapons from FO3. I made a couple more attempts at doing it myself today (before I got online and saw you had already done all the work for me) and failed miserably. Thanks!

That junk pipe rifle is pretty amazing. Wish there was more stuff like that and the junk laser pistol.

Hey, no problem. It gave me good practice. Just let me know if there are any significant issues with it.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Horns posted:

It wasn't showing up in the Gun Runner vendor list so I consoled it in and it gives me the big red !. Tried reactivating it multiple times and it's at the bottom of my load order so I don't know what the deal is.

I hosed up. The meshes need to be one directory deeper.

The file is currently: data \ meshes \ 2handrifle

It needs to be: data \ meshes \ weapons \ 2handrifle

Sorry, just caught that. Fixing and reuploading it now.

EDIT: Okay, I fixed the directory structure. It's easy enough to fix if you already downloaded and installed the mod, but otherwise this should be a clean, fixed version.

DOWNLOAD

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Jan 9, 2011

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Horns posted:

Thanks, but I've come across a bunch of other issues:

- Doesn't recognize anything but standard .308 ammo. It just won't use anything else, all other kinds of .308 ammo is grayed out in my inventory. This might be because I'm using Classic Fallout Weapons, which alters the ammo crafting list a little, but CFW only adds new ammo types and it's never given me a problem before with any other mods that only add one gun.

- Something's wrong with the scope textures, or at least the gun isn't using the scope textures in its data folder. I just get a red ! when trying to zoom in.

- Gun has no firing noise at all. I know it's supposed to be a silenced weapon, but the only noise it gives off when firing is the bullet impact noise if I'm standing really close to whatever I'm shooting. If I'm firing into the sky or at something more then 10 yards away, the gun makes no noise whatsoever. Reload sounds are working fine, though.

I'm really sorry that this is quickly turning into a much bigger pain in the rear end than I thought it would be. :(

Hah, man I must be really terrible at this. The funny thing is, the sounds I gave it were all stock sounds (it used the silenced .22 smg firing sounds, and sniper sounds for reloading, plus generic pick-up/put-down noises) so I'm not sure why it is suddenly deciding those are no good.

I'll take a poke at the copy I've got and see where things might have gone wrong, since this is still a learning process for me. In the meantime, the mod was bundled with scope textures, so my best advice is to open the .esp up in GECK and redirect all of the files on your side.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Horns posted:

Well holy poo poo, I think I may have fixed it. Took a bit of fumbling and trial & error, but everything seems to be working.

Ammo was set to Ammo308, changed it to AmmoList308. All .308 ammo is usable now.

Not sure why the sound wasn't working. I switched it to a different sound for all three firing options and then picked the same silenced .22 sounds it was pointed at to begin with, and now it's working. :iiam: I'd prefer a firing sound that's a little more... substantial is the word I'm looking for I guess, but it'll do until I can find a custom silenced sound I like (and figure out how to use it).

Moved the scope .nif that was with the original mod into my data/meshes folder and then chose it under the scope target .nif in the art and sound tab. Tested it out and then came to the realization that this wasn't such a hot idea after all because the original's positioning felt a little wonky, so I switched to using the scope texture from this SVD mod. It's a little rough looking, but at least the center of the scope is right now.

100% working after all that. It's no longer in the level lists because I replaced the .esp, but that's not a huge deal.

I wouldn't have been able to do any of this without you getting the ball rolling, so thank you again.

Good, glad it worked out for you. Let me know if you ever figure out what the problem was (I can't find a cause.) It'd be helpful for future references!

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Brace posted:

Cream, you should add all of bornagains power armor retextures. They simply can not be compared to the original textures, they make the brotherhood look much better, as well as any other power armor in the world.

I plan on adding some new stuff to the OP later tonight. I'm also looking through another poster's suggestion on MAD world (the overhaul) and seeing if it should go in the OP...it looks like it could replace Arwen's realism mod, since gently caress if I know when she's going to get around to updating it and it's starting to fall behind.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Umph posted:

I installed URWL, did the recommended changes in the .ini's. The games brighter during the day but the colors seem like, super saturated or something. My beret is like so red it's hurting my eyes. Did I do something wrong?

The changes he reccomends are:

This is with brightness close to the lowest setting. Like this cow is ORANGE man. (it's worse in game, the cow is glowing super bright.)

Any ideas?

e; At night the game looks awesome though.

How does the game look without editing those ini variables?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

I just had the most random "First 20 Minutes of a New Game" experience in this game, to date.

It all began in Goodsprings (as always.) I took Sunny Smiles' tutorial quest, helped her clear out the Geckos, but turned her down on the healing power fetch-quest. While I was in the area, I saw that shithead, Barton Thorn, and took him up on his plea to find his imaginary friend. I've perfected the art of getting him to follow me up the hill prematurely, and he usually gets murdered by the Geckos I've failed to clear out as a result.

So I'm bee-lining for Johnny Five Aces' spot and I start to hear gunfire behind me. I turn, expecting to see Barton getting swarmed by Geckos--but instead, see Victor being swarmed by Geckos. They kill him right about when Barton shows up and helps clear the place out.

I shoot Barton in the face, gather up all of the valuables, and return to Goodsprings to make some caps. Victor is dead.

When I show back up in town, I see that a Giant Radscorpion is wandering around, murdering townsfolk. Because I'm using a modified XFO DR + DT, the creature is a tank. An epic fight ensues, killing several Bighorners, two townsmen, Easy Pete...and I was about two-baseball-bat-swings short of saving Trudy, who was leaving the Bar right about when poo poo hit the fan. (Joe Cobb actually helped kill the Radscorpion, and limps back to his hiding spot at the edge of town.)

Around midnight, I go through with rallying up the (remaining) Goodsprings citizens to fend off the Powder Gangers. Sunny gives me pointers on recruiting a bunch of dead people. The welcome party consists of Ringo, Sunny, her dog, myself, and a lone citizen who must have been hiding on the other side of the town because he did fuckall to help out and I didn't realize he was alive until I saw him walking around afterward.

We succeed, I end up recruiting Sunny (because, let's face it, the place is literally a ghost town at this point.) Sunny and I leave town before sunrise with plans to assault the Powder Ganger encampments. Along the way, I happen to look over and see Victor--all 1-HP of him--gimping his way back down the mountainside where he was "killed". I watch putter back to town.

We sneak up on the lone Powder Ganger outside of the Jean Skydiving building (his friend couldn't handle the bloatflies, apparently) before something catches the enemy's attention. At first I think it's us until I realize he's shooting over our heads at something behind us: Victor, who lights the Powder Ganger up with his guns, stands there for a second...and then returns to town.

Long story but goddamn, what a strange game this becomes when you mod it a little. Victor is apparently determined to be my personal Mysterious Stranger, and I already have this feeling that premature deaths are going to be following me around for a while.

EDIT: Primm's Sergeant McGee was just killed by a Bloat Fly.

For Content, Machienzo released a treasure-hunt style quest here that might be worth a look. Another mod--currently in beta (though I would consider it Alpha)--is aiming to take down various invisible walls and build new content into parts of the map that were previously blocked off. I have a strong feeling that this is going to eventually conflict with DLC at some point.

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 11:21 on Jan 10, 2011

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

The_Censorship_Nazi posted:

Mr. House is just trying to protect his investment, you know.

This is beyond that. This is clearly something personal for Victor. Victor has gone off the reservation, man.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Lockback posted:

What all mods are you running? I'm curious about what combinations people are running with, especially ones that change gameplay.

PREPARE FOR WORDAGE

New Vegas Redesigned.esm
More Perks.esm
Weapon Mod Expansion.esm
DarNifiedUINV.esp
Primary Needs HUD.esp
Purge Cell Buffers.esp
Existence2.0.esp
GrimyBusinesswearFix.esp
Community Bugfix Compilation Patch WIP.esp
Scrap Weapons lvled loot and recipes.esp
XFO - 1ab - Accuracy Revamp - hard.esp
XFO - 1be - Dmg - Skill-Var - 2x.esp
XFO - 2aa - Armor - DR+DT - revamp - low.esp <I edited the poo poo out of this plugin, expanding the system for creatures, as well as redoing every single piece of clothing and armor to have at least *some* sort of DR (i.e., casual prewar clothes have 2-4 DR). I think I tweaked it some more so everything has a reason to be worn.

XFO - 2dc - Bleedthrough - 0% (Full DT).esp <This reminds me a lot of Classic Fallout games, because armor and AP ammo (and its derivatives) are suddenly a lot more important and useful.

XFO - 3ac - rarity - ammo - hard.esp
XFO - 3bc - rarity - caps - hard.esp
XFO - 3cc - rarity - meds - hard.esp <These three mods are called "sadistic" by the Author, but I've found that they aren't ridiculously so. In fact, it encourages you to ration ammunition intelligently but not to the extent that it's unfair. I'm inclined to say that--coupled with a higher-damage mod--you could actually somewhat reduce the loot further.

XFO - 5a - SPECIAL & Stats Rebalance.esp
XFO - 5c - Skills - Better Med Surv Repair.esp
XFO - 5eb - Skills - Barter - Hard.esp
XFO - 6c - Pacing - Med (No Cap).esp
XFO - 7a - UnMSG - Empty.esp
XFO - 7b - UnMSG - Karma (Incl Sounds).esp
XFO - 7c - UnMSG - Sneak Status.esp
XFO - 8a - Cripple & Body Part Revamp.esp <This makes crippled limbs significantly more pronounced. No more running around on two broken legs, or making snapshots with a sniper rifle while your arms are shattered. Effects NPCs too, so deliberate gimping has never been more fun.

XFO - 8c - Karma Rebalance.esp
XFO - 8d - Gore Changes.esp
XFO - 9a - Enemies - AI revamp.esp <It took me a while, but I started noticing that enemies are taking care of themselves more often, using cover, and generally holding off on suicide runs (if they can help it.) Makes firefights with NPCs pretty difficult, at times.

XFO - 9ca - Enemies - NPC Aim + low.esp <Because of the "wobble" that XFO adds when you're using weapons you aren't proficient in, NPCs can have some difficulty hitting you (they can't time their shots very well with the wobble.) This increases their hit-rate by about 50%, but it isn't overkill. NPCs still miss quite a bit and don't seem to be particularly aimbotish.

XFO - 9ba - Enemies - NPC Health + low.esp
More Perks Update.esp <I just started seriously using this mod and while there are quite a few distracting grammatical errors and strange descriptions, it really opens up the variety of characters you can create. Seems to work pretty well with ST Traits and Perks

NV_STTraitsandPerks_Crunch.esp
BetterGamePerformanceV3.esp
Better Binoculars High.esp
F03weaponpack_v1_14.esp
JM1Garand4Loot.esp <I modified this to also distribute the classic M72 Gauss rifle (with mods) and Camon's BAR / BAR LMG weapons to the wasteland.

JRougeRangerCoats4Loot.esp<I modified this A LOT. I also ripped about 15-20 pieces of armor from the FO3 Scavenger Armor mod, Raider Combat Armor mod, and a few other lore-style mods and integrated them into the leveled lists and rebalanced them for XFO.

Classic energy weapons.esp
Lore version.esp
CFollowers.esp
SunnyCompanion.esp <So far, so good with her. You can hardly tell she's been modded in. The only issue is that she doesn't seem to heal after combat, so she's especially vulnerable in Hardcore mode, where you have to make sure she's still breathing.

drgNV - Marcus Companion.esp <Haven't recruited him yet. Based on his personality, I think he'll be fine not talking a whole lot.

ELECTRO-CITY - CompletedWorkorders.esp
LUMENARIUMandELECTROCITY - Nevada Skies Replacer.esp
Weapon Mod Expansion.esp

Total active plugins: 46

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Gyshall posted:

I just realized I need either a Lebowski bathrobe or a Walter Sobchak outfit.

NifSkope and share. :science:

EDIT: Does anybody know how to disable companions auto-regenerating health after combat? I know there's a mod that was released a while ago that does just this , but it's woefully out of date and isn't compatible with the latest patch. I'd poke through it to see how the author accomplished it, but I don't even know where to start looking.

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Jan 11, 2011

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Roman posted:

Just updated my Talon Pack. Improved the Hardened Assault Rifle Stats (increased base damage (16 DAM x 8 ROF), allowed for multiple ammo types, etc.) and it now has an awesome skin by Arenovalis! Thanks, man!

And of course the Nexus chose this exact moment to crash, so here's a RapidShare link. If you already have the pack just overwrite both files.
http://rapidshare.com/files/441894744/TalonPack-v1_2.zip
EDIT: Never mind, Nexus is back up:
http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=39441

Arenovalis did that texture? Nice. I'm going to throw that on the Chinese Assault Rifle that Original FO3 Weapons adds to the game, too. Thanks!

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

Might want to put this in the OP:

http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=37311

It's actually already part of the Community Bugfix Compilation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

An alternate roleplaying start mod has been released, allowing you to start the game from the perspective of:

1) New Republic of California
2) Caesar's Legion
3) Brotherhood of Steel
4) Great Khan
5) Freeside
6) Powder Ganger