Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Internet Friend
Jan 1, 2001

Capn Beeb posted:

If someone could tell me how to look up what texture a mesh is using via Nifskope, I could figure this out.

You can do this by expanding the node tree: NiTriStrips(or Shape) -> BSShaderPPLightingProperty -> BSShaderTextureSet, then in the lower window expand the Textures array. The path to each texture will be listed there. You can also change a texture here by clicking the purple icon and picking a new file.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Friend
Jan 1, 2001

Gutrot posted:

p.s. if anyone can tell me how to tone down the glossy shininess on the Laser Defender in that mod, I'd be most grateful. Faffing with the .nif's glossiness slider and setting Unknown Int 2 in BSSShaderPPLightingProperty to various values such as 32769, 1 and 0 doesn't seem to affect it. The only way I've found to influence it is to change either the diffuse or normal - can't remember which now - .dds texture alpha channel to all black, which kills the gloss entirely and looks Bad.
The alpha channel of the normal map is the Specular Map, with black being no spec and white maximum spec. You can make it a solid value or create a grayscale map to define what parts are highlighted and which arent.

Glossiness is different but related, it's how sharp or wide a specular highlight is. I'm not sure if the settings in the nif actually work or not though.

Capn Beeb posted:

Yeah I figured it out pretty much right after I posted. Gun still won't show up in game though. I just want to add an entire weapon mesh to my armor mesh :(
You most likely need to take the gun mesh into Blender and rig it to the body skeleton to have it show up and animate correctly.

Internet Friend
Jan 1, 2001

In the harsh reality of the wasteland if your coffee can't dissolve your cup after a few uses it's not strong enough.

edit: I guess now that CCO is done I should finally get around to replaying this with all the DLC, huh