Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
This is a good OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
Is Classic Fallout Weapons recommended? I don't really like the look of the textures but that could be just in the screenshots or something, someone sway me either way.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
So, I lost ED-E, presumably to some bug or another, but then she/he showed up again. Unfortunately, I had used moveto player and then the ID for ed-e twice before the original one showed up. Now I have 3 ed-e's following me, and if I send one of them away, all 3 eventually go away or go do there own thing, and then they all come back at some point. How can I remove the two duplicates and only have one ed-e?

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
Are there any mods that add more abundant ammo supplies? I can't find poo poo for any of my guns, and I have the scavenger perk which boosts the amount of ammo found in any containers?

Also, are there any mods to allow play after the MQ is over?

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Speaking of which, I didn't realize how fun it is to go through the Nexus and grab a bunch of people's armors and throw them together in a single mod tailored to my liking, and then hijack one of their distribution scripts to distribute all of them across the wasteland (since most of them just plop a single set of the armor in, say, Goodsprings, which is no fun.)

It's like modding for dummies.

Do tell what kind of armors are in this mod, I've been looking something to replace the NCR Veteran Ranger armor I give my self at the very beginning of the game because it's easily the coolest set in the whole game.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
So if I were to download this
http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=35176
armor, could I just create two new items "Ranger Elite Helmet"(For example) and "Ranger elite combat armor" and then make them point toward the textures and meshes downloaded with this mod, and place them in Goodsprings in a container, this would work, correct?

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

Schubalts posted:

Yes, that would work.

That's good. Speaking of which, why did that guy think it would be smart to make his mod rely on using a whole big mod like FOOK? That poo poo dumbfounds me sometimes

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

Naky posted:

Working on a new weapons related mod, though with how slowly I work it may be a while before you see results. Still, the results are promising so far and once I'm done the first couple, it shouldn't be too hard to adapt to others.

What kind of weapons are we talking about here?

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

Naky posted:

Now, now, I said weapons related.

What kind of weapon(s)(related)?

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
So I started a new playthrough, and upon getting to Novac I realized something, the motel is gone. It just doesn't exist, in place is black textures on the ground where the motel should be, I'm pretty sure everything else is intact in Novac except for the Motel. Here's my load order:

FalloutNV.esm
More Perks.esm
Weapon Mod Expansion.esm
DarNifiedUINV.esp
CASM.esp
Centered 3rd Person Camera.esp
Purge Cell Buffers.esp
FactionIDCards.esp
PerkEveryLevel.esp
Tag Skills Improved.esp
better that gun 223.esp
Classic energy weapons.esp
Moddable Unique Weps.esp
Tailor Maid Black Retex - NV.esp
VT08RangerGear.esp
UnlimitedCompanions.esp
NoFactionBoS.esp
Sorter - Combined.esp
PipBoyLightx1.5.esp
Nevada Skies.esp
ELECTRO-CITY - CompletedWorkorders.esp
LUMENARIUMandELECTROCITY - Nevada Skies Replacer.esp
ELECTRO-CITY - Darker Nights.esp
ELECTRO-CITY - Emittance.esp
ELECTRO-CITY - Highways and Byways.esp
Weapon Mod Expansion.esp
noautoaim.esp

Total active plugins: 27
Total plugins: 27

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
So, if I'm gonna use Electro Citys Nevada Skies Replacer, URWL, URWL compatibility patch from nevada skies, and then Enhanced Shaders, this would work correct?

I have a GTX280 by the way, I heard there were some problems with Enhanced Shaders and the 2 series cards.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

That should work, and in that order, most likely. Update FOMM to see if there's a new BOSS masterlist (because all of those mods are fairly high profile and should be on it by now.)

Does FOMM auto-update? I have some setting ticked I think that automatically updates something or other, and I thought it might include FOMM.

Can I run enhanced shaders with my video card? I really don't want to break my game

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
And the shader issue?

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Who knows. The shader issue would be as simple as trying to run the game with the Shader package loaded--seeing if there are any visual anomalies--and, if so, unchecking the package in FOMM and running without.

Fair enough. There were reports in the old thread about the Shader Thing not being compatible and completely loving up people's games, so I'm wary.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
This is seriously retarded, how do I make a peice of armor use a new texture? All I have is a mesh option in the item edit screen.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

You tell what textures meshes will use in the Miscellaneous > Texture Set tree in the object window, actually. Not the Items > Armor category. Looking at some of the texture sets in this area, you should be able to figure out how to get a new texture set pointing to a new mesh (or a copy of a mesh that you want retextured.)

Nevermind, I'm an idiot.

Why won't my items show up on the ground where I placed them? I zoomed in close and placed them on the rail road tracks in Boulder City, because that's where I am. But they don't show up on the ground, .esp is checked.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Did you give them a global mesh? Usually an outfit's global mesh is indicated by a GO at the end of it.

I can't check right now, but it definitely should have the proper global mesh. It had one in the place where a global mesh would go, but I can't check if it was a go mesh. I could easily bypass this by putting it in a container correct?

On second thought, I don't think it does. I downloaded the number one downloaded veteran ranger armor mod on the nexus, the FOOK one and the only way to obtain it without editing it into the game is to get it from the "QAtestbox" and that probably explains why it doesn't have a global mesh, because the only way to find it is only in a container. What a dip poo poo modder, I guess I'm a dipshit too for not knowing that it didn't have a global mesh but seriously?

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

Schubalts posted:

Set it to use Meshes/Armor/CombatRanger/combatranger_go.nif

You'll probably have to extract the mesh from the .bsa with FOMM, though.

Taking a look at the mod's files, myself. No global mesh is a biiiiig oversight.

E: Nope, it does have a global mesh.

Any idea why it wouldn't appear then? It definitely does have a global mesh, I checked as well.

Also for the Project Beauty or whatever it's called for NV, both the ESP and ESM should go in and be checked correct? No instructions on the page.

edit: Christ, I created a container(well new formed an old one), placed it with the items inside and it didn't show up in my game world, gently caress

Brace fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Jan 2, 2011

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

Capn Beeb posted:

When you get locked into a serious gun mod collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can:

I need an AK next I think :ussr:

Those are nice textures, what mod is that from?

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
Where can I find a link to 4aces retexture of the landscapes, etc?

Also are there any really well done weapon mods aside from our goons retexture of the stock guns in the game?

Brace fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Jan 3, 2011

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

ModDB

And is there any way to tell forsure if that LAA 3gb limit remover is actually working? It ran through the patch or whatever fine, but I wanna be able to make sure.

Danger - Octopus! posted:

Are there any mods to add a cigarette, loud shirt and bucket hat to the Courier, so I can be Hunter S. Postapocalypse?

No, seriously - are there?

Theres a better alternative, http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=35047

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
Also, is there any way to make it so that your companions aren't affected by your sneak attempts? It really pisses me off not being able to sneak anymore because I got a party with me.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
So I modded the YCS/186 to have a 5 round clip, and only use one ammunition per shot. For some reason this made my game freeze for a brief second after every shot I take with the YCS, the gently caress? Oh, I also made it disintegrate stuff, would this matter?

Doesn't seem to be a specific problem, though it only happens with the gun, I'm getting these little jitters and stutters just walking around as well. I have the stutter remover, as well as the LAA. I have a pretty powerful setup so I don't think I should be having problems, any good performance tweaks that don't affect the look of the game?

Brace fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Jan 4, 2011

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

Capn Beeb posted:

So far the current list is:

Mossberg shotgun:

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=36407

FN FALs:

http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=37553

Dan Wesson PPC .357:

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=35843

M1D Garand:

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=38353

AK:

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=38797

Mare's leg trail carbine:

http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=36473

I don't have links for the 1911 or M4 :( The 1911 is from a mod Gtab and myself hacked together using resources from... Ahztek's Fallout 3 mod I think. That mod was in New Vegas at one point, but it was pretty lame and now has disappeared from the Nexus from what I can see. Also the default sounds on the AK are pretty lame, so I changed the silenced sound to the silenced 10mm SMG.

Hot dog :toot:

That AK mod has some superb sights, scope and laser. I hope that guy does a big pack, or helps with, a modern weapon package.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I'm not a personal user of the mod, but it's the only popular Male Body Replacer that I can recall. Judging by the percentage of body replacers that focus on women, it would appear that about 80 percent of players choose a female PC either to masturbate to or because they are pathetic nancy-boys.

I don't understand this, what is it that in betheseda games makes everyone turn into big man babbys that like staring at frail girls firing 100 pound rifles? I don't get it, other than the hilariously exaggerated look of genitalia I can't honestly see the appeal of playing as the opposite sex in one of these games.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
Can FOMM update any of my mods if I did that thing where I logged into my nexus account when I first downloded FOMM? It'd be kind of annoying to try to check all my mods if there are updates, then have to re-download, then re-install the mod and gently caress with my game again?

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
What'd I do to my game :smith:, whenever I try to launch the game it just keeps popping up what looks like a CMD screen for a half a second over and over and over again

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
What else can one do to remove the stutters and jitters my game gets? I have a GTX280, E8400 stock clocks, 4 gigs of ram.

I can't post my load order right now but I've got URWL,Electro City,Nevada Skies, and 4aces High res textures and my game gets pretty stuttery and annoying at times. I have the 3gb LAA enabler, and the stutter remover. What kind of tweaks can I do through the graphics settings and and or ini settings to make my game run smooth again?

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
I did all those ini tweaks and I'm still getting the same weird little stutters. Here's my load order, I'm also getting a lot of seams on the ground, like its split into long rectangles, this is at night.

Mod load order report
! Warning: current load order template contains 84 duplicate entries

FalloutNV.esm
Masterlist Information: $Revision$, $Date$, $LastChangedBy$

More Perks.esm

Weapon Mod Expansion.esm

New Vegas Redesigned.esm
* The auto-sorter doesn't recognize this mod. It is probably safe to put it anywhere, depending on how you want the various plugins to override one another.

DarNifiedUINV.esp

CASM.esp

Purge Cell Buffers.esp

NewVegasBounties.esp

PerkEveryLevel.esp

ExpansionVendors.esp

EV-WME.esp

Tag Skills Improved.esp

better that gun 223.esp

Moddable Unique Weps.esp

Desert Armor.esp

Realistic Power Armor.esp

Tailor Maid - NV.esp

Tailor Maid Black Retex - NV.esp

VT08RangerGear.esp (Inactive)

UnlimitedCompanions.esp

NoFactionBoS.esp
* The auto-sorter doesn't recognize this mod. It is probably safe to put it anywhere, depending on how you want the various plugins to override one another.

Sorter - Combined.esp

noautoaim.esp

PipBoyLightx1.5.esp (Inactive)

Nevada Skies.esp (Inactive)

Lore version.esp

LUMENARIUMandELECTROCITY - Nevada Skies Replacer.esp

ELECTRO-CITY - Darker Nights.esp (Inactive)

URWLNV.esp

NSkies - URWLNV.esp

Weapon Mod Expansion.esp

BOAt51b.esp

CustomGaussRifle.esp

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

The "Seams" issue (or as Electro-City's creator calls it, "That drat Ground Render Error") is a side-effect of using lighting-overhauls like Electro-City. It's normal and is only noticeable at night (when there are fewer ambient light sources)...as normal as working with exterior cell lights in the Gamebryo Engine can be considered, at least. The Electro-City page on the Nexus has a lot to say about this issue, if you're interested.

I've combed through your mod list and can't see anything that stands out to me. Maybe a second pair of eyes will notice something wrong. In the meantime, do you have the same stuttering issues when no mods are loaded? At least you could figure out if the issue is a hardware issue or a load order/modding issue.

I'll check it out when I get back on my computer, that would be a big pain in the rear end if it wasn't due to a mod.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
Hey Cream, is there any way that d3d9.dll could help my situation out? The game really shouldn't be having this weird kind of stutter issue, and I don't really remember it happening at an earlier point. Is the d3d9.dll made completely obsolete by the patch?

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
Stuttering and lag was noticeably worse with all mods de-activated. What does this mean?

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

If you're interested, it's fairly easy to create a plugin (in about 5 minutes) or modify an existing mod to increase radiation accumulation rates so that Rad-X and RadAway actually serve a tangible purpose.

This sounds really clever. How balanced is it--as in, do I have a cap on the number of NPCs I can recruit in a single sitting? Or can I simply go around and, with enough points invested in speech, recruit a small standing army?

It means that the performance mods you were using were probably doing their job, which is a good thing.

Have you defragmented your drives recently? If not, check out something like Defraggler or PerfectDisk.

I run a PC maintenance check-up from a paid program(I know, they might be ripping me off, but I honestly couldn't be bothered to go through all the hoops to get a bunch of free working programs working together, its called CA Tune-Up.) almost everyday and it runs a full optimization etc etc thing, so I don't think that's an issue, but it could be, I'll run one today

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

Saoshyant posted:

Make that public? Please?

Yeah, can you upload it to megaupload or something? Those look seriously badass, also does it replace the unique plasma rifle ?

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
My game crashes everytime I quick save... :smith:

Mod load order report
! Warning: current load order template contains 86 duplicate entries

FalloutNV.esm
Masterlist Information: $Revision$, $Date$, $LastChangedBy$

More Perks.esm

New Vegas Redesigned.esm

Weapon Mod Expansion.esm

DarNifiedUINV.esp

CASM.esp

Purge Cell Buffers.esp

NewVegasBounties.esp

Lore version.esp

PerkEveryLevel.esp

ExpansionVendors.esp (Inactive)

EV-WME.esp (Inactive)

Tag Skills Improved.esp

better that gun 223.esp

Moddable Unique Weps.esp (Inactive)

Desert Armor.esp

Realistic Power Armor.esp

Tailor Maid - NV.esp (Inactive)

Tailor Maid Black Retex - NV.esp (Inactive)

VT08RangerGear.esp

UnlimitedCompanions.esp

NoFactionBoS.esp (Inactive)

Sorter - Combined.esp

noautoaim.esp

PipBoyLightx1.5.esp (Inactive)

Nevada Skies.esp (Inactive)

LUMENARIUMandELECTROCITY - Nevada Skies Replacer.esp (Inactive)

ELECTRO-CITY - Darker Nights.esp (Inactive)

ELECTRO-CITY - Inventory Sorters Compatibility Patch - RegularCATEYEvalue.esp

URWLNV.esp

NSkies - URWLNV.esp

Weapon Mod Expansion.esp

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I know this is lame advice but...don't use quick save. Use CASM and hard-saves instead. Quick saves and a thoroughly-modded Gamebryo engine game don't have a fantastic track record.

It's so instinctual... :smith:

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
So, I started a new game and quicksave works, but I started using the CASM quicksave key. I tried changing it to F5 because that's automatically where my hand goes to, so I went into keyboard settings, changed Quicksave - F5 to Numpad 0, then tried binding CASM quicksave hotkey to F5. Now neither F4 nor F5 work, how do I reset my CASM hotkey or get into the options to change it?

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
Using URWL is seriously like playing a new game, it looks so much better then the original.

Also, how do I reset my CASM hotkey? :smith:

Brace fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Jan 9, 2011

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
Cream, you should add all of bornagains power armor retextures. They simply can not be compared to the original textures, they make the brotherhood look much better, as well as any other power armor in the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I plan on adding some new stuff to the OP later tonight. I'm also looking through another poster's suggestion on MAD world (the overhaul) and seeing if it should go in the OP...it looks like it could replace Arwen's realism mod, since gently caress if I know when she's going to get around to updating it and it's starting to fall behind.

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=37186

Maybe this one too, because the original gauss rifle looks seriously hosed up