Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
Arenovalis... are you by any chance good at doing... armor textures?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

Demerzel posted:

Oh, I thought you were trying to actually be helpful. haha how i use compewturr me dum just make 6 figures doing database work/development with 4 different languages.

holy, that's sick man!!!

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

:doh:

Oh well, too late. I did it manually through GECK. Curiously, only Boone, Veronica, and Cass were broken (Arcade might have been, but I can't remember if I ended up changing him.) I see where Veronica was seriously broken, though. She isn't even scaled to the player at all and starts off at level 14.

Could you drop the esp here ? that'd be awesome :unsmith:

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
Guy with skull mask pictures, where'd you get that skull mask bro?

Also what's the best DOF mod so that the world doesn't like poo poo when you're looking in the distance?

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
I still haven't found out how to reset my CASM hotkey.. :smith:

Also, is there any way to set the amount of time it takes before a merchant restocks?

Brace fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Jan 14, 2011

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

Amstrad posted:

Anybody have any (reasonable) requests for new weapons/equipment they'd like to see?
I still have an itch to mod but don't have any ideas at the moment and the stuff people tend to request over on the Nexus forums is ridiculous.

A proper looking balaclava. Only the band for eye space, no mouth hole or seperate eye-holes. :unsmith:

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

NotInventedHere posted:

Personally, I'd like to get something for killing the four legendary monsters, like a Deathclaw duster made of the Legendary Deathclaw's hide, a helmet from the Legendary Fire Gecko with water breathing and fire/energy resistance, etc.

This would be hella cool.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

Vita posted:

Is there a way to edit the NV esm? I'm trying to modify the tri-beam rifle and other rifles that use multiple ammo at once, but I can't seem to find a way to edit it with FNVedit.
Specifically, I want to make it so they just use one and not three.

Open up GECK. Go into Weapons, Find the weapons you're looking for. Modify all their ammo usage to whatever you'd like (1). Save. Save it as a new ESP, called weaponmodifications.esp

done

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

Vita posted:

I can't find ammo usage anywhere in GECK with FalloutNV.esm loaded.

Right-click a weapon. You should have a big list, like this

Click here for the full 1680x1050 image.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
Are there any good scope replacer mods ? The original scopes look lovely as gently caress, I'd like a scope more like the one used in the Gobi Rifle Replacer, but I think that the magnification is a bit too high to be used on all weapons.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
How do I even swap scopes :smith:

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
So when I have URWL, NVskies, and Electro-City, what esps should I have ticked?

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

potaties posted:

Scroll about halfway up the page and check out SheepNameKiller's guide. Even then, you can still tweak THAT further, depending on all the settings you want. Everything is very customizable. Also, Electro-City's readme files have tons of info to getting what you want working. I think the only important thing is not to use the original Nevada Skies esp, and to use the LUMENARIUMandELECTROCITY - Nevada Skies Replacer.esp in its place.

edit: OK I guess the other important thing is the load order but that's in SheepNameKiller's post

What about the NV-URWL Compatibility patch esp ?

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
Guys, the weapon animation replacer mod has been up for 2 days... keep up with the times :unsmigghh:

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

Roman posted:

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=38719

A World of Pain just got updated.
Plus some other changes detailed in the link.

Note that this is a LOOT HEAVY mod. As in every dungeon is like the end of Dead Money. The reduced loot version won't be out until after he's all done. So you might want a few of these:
http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=39611

What does this dead money reference mean?

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
So whats an example of the end of a World of Pain dungeon?

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

Capn Beeb posted:

I went in with about 80lbs.

If I picked everything up, I was coming close to 2000lbs. :pwn:

What could even weigh close to 2000 lbs... please more examples

HOW DO I RESET MY CASM HOTKEY :smith:

Brace fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Jan 16, 2011

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
Seriously guys, how do I reset my CASM hotkey, I really need it to be operational again, also I think I'm gonna give World of Pain a whirl

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

Syrant posted:

I am being a bit stupid tonight but how exactly am I suppoed to install this? I read the readme but opening the packages up in FOMM doesn't really do anything. Can I not just drop the Package files into the data directory or is that going to poo poo on something?

Double click one of the .fomods, you should get some sort of prompt in FOMM, saying "would you like to make a copy" click yes, or no, whatever, and it should start installing.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

Naky posted:

10+ at least. This was a pretty big endeavor, which semi-sucks since I won't really be able to share it widely due to the whole permissions poo poo but it's good for me too. I'm a huge gun whore and half of my active mods are separate gun mods. If I create this one mega-gun mod for myself and let others enjoy/use it too, well, that's a plus I suppose and it cuts down on the amount of active mods I have on the go.

Not necessarily, it will be shared widely among modding goons, because if you pull it off right, the OP will of course add it to the OP as the de-facto tactilol gun mod and many goons will sperg because of your hours.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

Gyshall posted:

I've been testing Project Nevada the past two days and I have to say, it is pretty sweet. Way more modular than FWE was - and everything is polished as gently caress. The Cyberware part is actually one of the best portions of the mod - I didn't think I'd like an implant overhaul, but they made it pretty seamless and real fun.

You're a tester for it? what kind of new weapons/armor/health,stat,damage modifications does it make?

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

Mister Bung posted:

Do you need both of these installed? I've only got Black on there but I haven't actually done anything with it yet.

Also Brace I'm pretty sure you hold down whatever CASM key you set and it should bring up the config menu

I know, but I lost my CASM hotkey, I don't know what its set to so I can't change it :smith:

So what should I be doing with NVskies, URWL, and Lum/Electro city in terms of which .esps are checked? There was no definitive answer on the compatibility patch or if they are natively compatible now

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
Sorted.

ELECTRO-CITY - Highways and Byways.esp
* The current load order of this mod does not match the current template

ELECTRO-CITY - CompletedWorkorders.esp

ELECTRO-CITY - Emittance.esp

ELECTRO-CITY - Imaginator.esp

LUMENARIUMandELECTROCITY - Nevada Skies Replacer.esp

URWLNV.esp

NSkies - URWLNV.esp (Inactive)

Is that good ? :unsmith:

Brace fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Jan 17, 2011

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

Demerzel posted:

The guy isn't full of himself, if anything he's graceful about it. He could be a total fuckhead and say 'hey that's MY idea they STOLE IT! arrrgh' but instead he says he's flattered.

Seriously, how often are game developers actually gonna take user-made content and actually include it as a baseline feature? As far as I'm concerned that's almost unheard of

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
Is there any way to make companions weapons not take condition damage? I'm using Infinite Companion Ammo so that I can have them use some better weapons, but the weapons break :smith:

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Do they actually take damage? I've been wondering the same thing but have only observed actual damage when the weapon they're carrying gets hit by the enemy (i.e, a deathclaw swipes the rifle out of Boone's hands and breaks it, or a Fiend shoots at him and hits the rifle.) Veronica put three or four hundred rounds through a Marskman Carbine I gave her and it didn't appear to wear down at all.

I'm not sure, I think they do because I found a Tri-Beam laser rifle I gave one of them on the ground completely broken, but I'm not sure.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Oh that makes sense then: It's because it was damaged and knocked out of their hands. Your companions won't discard a broken weapon, they'll just use something else in their inventory (or default weapon.)

Are you using World of Pain? For some reason my companions won't use the "M" branded weapons.

Also I recommend World of Pain to ANYONE, it's easily the biggest mod I have, and I'm dungeon crawling all the time, tearing stuff up Doom Style with a riot shotgun and 3 companions.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

What is an "M" branded weapon? It sounds like something custom, and if so, companions probably won't use it (them?) because I believe they have a prescribed set of weapons that they can use...and I would assume these "M" weapons aren't on that list.

(Not using World of Pain, though.)

Oh, you should, it's really one of the best mods out for New Vegas in my opinion, content-wise.

"M" weapons are from World of Pain, and they're just buffed up versions of regular weapons to help deal with the creatures in WoP

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=39613

These are great looking retextures of the beasts in this game, gonna try it out and report back on it

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
cmon guys this isn't the nexus... is it :smith:

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
Is there any way to use the 3GB LAA, and still have the steam overlay so I can talk with friends while I play a better version of fallout new vegas?

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

Coughing Hobo posted:

Check the OP for a way to get the LAA and FOMM to play nice together, and you'll have your Steam overlay.

I don't see it. :smith: I'm running the updated version of the LAA, through FOMM, with NVSE.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

Coughing Hobo posted:

Strange that he took it out... I'm using version 1.2.3 of the LAA, and that's the newest version. Anyway, here are the steps.

I've actually done this too

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
I'm crashing everytime I try leaving a World of Pain sewer dungeon. I have no idea what could even be causing this. Also, when checking for a BOSS auto-update:

Monday, January 17, 2011 - 8:46:57 PM
Fomm 0.13.21
OS version: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7600.0

System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (503) Server Unavailable.
at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadDataInternal(Uri address, WebRequest& request)
at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadString(Uri address)
at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadString(String address)
at Fomm.MainForm.checkForUpdateToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

On topic of my load-order I guess, here it is:

FalloutNV.esm
Masterlist Information: $Revision$, $Date$, $LastChangedBy$

AWorldOfPain(Preview).esm

CompanionInfAmmo.esm

More Perks.esm

New Vegas Redesigned.esm

Community Bugfix Compilation Patch.esp

DarNifiedUINV.esp

CASM.esp

Centered 3rd Person Camera.esp

Purge Cell Buffers.esp

NewVegasBounties.esp

IIWR 2.1.0.esp

PerkEveryLevel.esp

BetterGamePerformanceV3.esp

DK_BulletTime_NV.esp

Tag Skills Improved.esp

better that gun 223.esp

Classic energy weapons.esp

Gobi Rifle Enhanced.esp

Advanced Recon Armor.esp

Advanced Recon Armor-Easier Stealth.esp

Advanced Recon Armor-Location Doc Mitchell.esp

Desert Armor.esp

RCSS.esp (Inactive)

Realistic Power Armor.esp

Tailor Maid - NV.esp

Tailor Maid Black Retex - NV.esp

VT08RangerGear.esp (Inactive)

Lore version.esp

UnlimitedCompanions.esp

Sorter - Combined.esp

noautoaim.esp

BOAt51b.esp
* The auto-sorter doesn't recognize this mod. It is probably safe to put it anywhere, depending on how you want the various plugins to override one another.

BoSench.esp
* The auto-sorter doesn't recognize this mod. It is probably safe to put it anywhere, depending on how you want the various plugins to override one another.

URWLNV.esp

! This plugin conflicts with 'nevada skies - urwlified.esp'

Nevada Skies - URWLified.esp
! This plugin conflicts with 'lumenariumandelectrocity - nevada skies replacer.esp'

ELECTRO-CITY - Darker Nights.esp (Inactive)

! This plugin conflicts with 'electro-city - imaginator.esp'

! This plugin conflicts with 'electro-city - emittance.esp'

WeaponModsExpanded.esp

PipLantern.esp

merged patch.esp

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

quote:

I'm crashing everytime I try leaving a World of Pain sewer dungeon. I have no idea what could even be causing this. Also, when checking for a BOSS auto-update:

Monday, January 17, 2011 - 8:46:57 PM
Fomm 0.13.21
OS version: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7600.0

System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (503) Server Unavailable.
at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadDataInternal(Uri address, WebRequest& request)
at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadString(Uri address)
at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadString(String address)
at Fomm.MainForm.checkForUpdateToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

On topic of my load-order I guess, here it is:

FalloutNV.esm
Masterlist Information: $Revision$, $Date$, $LastChangedBy$

AWorldOfPain(Preview).esm

CompanionInfAmmo.esm

More Perks.esm

New Vegas Redesigned.esm

Community Bugfix Compilation Patch.esp

DarNifiedUINV.esp

CASM.esp

Centered 3rd Person Camera.esp

Purge Cell Buffers.esp

NewVegasBounties.esp

IIWR 2.1.0.esp

PerkEveryLevel.esp

BetterGamePerformanceV3.esp

DK_BulletTime_NV.esp

Tag Skills Improved.esp

better that gun 223.esp

Classic energy weapons.esp

Gobi Rifle Enhanced.esp

Advanced Recon Armor.esp

Advanced Recon Armor-Easier Stealth.esp

Advanced Recon Armor-Location Doc Mitchell.esp

Desert Armor.esp

RCSS.esp (Inactive)

Realistic Power Armor.esp

Tailor Maid - NV.esp

Tailor Maid Black Retex - NV.esp

VT08RangerGear.esp (Inactive)

Lore version.esp

UnlimitedCompanions.esp

Sorter - Combined.esp

noautoaim.esp

BOAt51b.esp

BoSench.esp

URWLNV.esp

! This plugin conflicts with 'nevada skies - urwlified.esp'

Nevada Skies - URWLified.esp
! This plugin conflicts with 'lumenariumandelectrocity - nevada skies replacer.esp'

ELECTRO-CITY - Darker Nights.esp (Inactive)

! This plugin conflicts with 'electro-city - imaginator.esp'

! This plugin conflicts with 'electro-city - emittance.esp'

WeaponModsExpanded.esp

PipLantern.esp

merged patch.esp

guys... please :smith:

Brace fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Jan 18, 2011

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
I can't play new vegas... I crash if I try to leave this sewer I'm in... :smith:

Disabled all Nevada Skies, URWL, and Electro City plugins and I can leave and get outside. Something to do with them, but I don't know what. Can anyone post the load order I should be using with Nevada - URWLified, Imiginator, Emittance, Lumenarium, Highways, workorders, and Nevada/URWL?

Brace fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Jan 18, 2011

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

lethial posted:

Try disabling piplantern mod.

Piplantern wasn't the problem. I completely deleted all of my lighting/skies mods, re-added them through package manager, hosed with the load order, re-read the readme's and found a good load order between the bunch.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=35312

Anyone know where to actually find these new armors?

And why isn't my arenovalis texture pack updating, I added it in the package manager :smith:

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

A Lamer posted:

I don't know if this will fix your crashing or match what you're looking for, but this is what I've got:

Which results in this at night:

Imaginator should give you a lot of wiggle room either way.

The pip lantern does cause me crashing sometimes, but only if the light is on during transitions, not the ESP.

You don't use the LUMENARIUMandELECTROCITY - Nevadaskies replacer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

Hotwire posted:

If it's not showing up there, then you might have a problem with something already editing that location and overwriting it.

Nevermind, I think its up-to-date at the moment, but what would stop a mod in the package manager from automatically being updated by FOMM?