Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

So hey, I realize this has probably been asked before, but where can I find a mod that makes hacking/lock-picking straight skill checks? The minigames are fun, but not the 1,000,000th time you've done them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Capn Beeb posted:

This one is pretty neat:

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=38188

You hold Z and start hacking/picking, and if your skill is high enough the terminal/lock opens :)

I saw that one, but don't really like the whole "critical failure" thing. I was hoping for something more like that one fallout 3 one that made the game harder that I completely forgot the name to :shobon:.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

So is there like a great big "awesome mods" pack? I dropped out on modding months ago and am now afraid there's some awesome, world-ending mod that I need. Is there such a thing?

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Ignore this post; I answered my own question.

T-man fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Jul 9, 2011

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Armory 2.0 question:
How do I install the new (gun) mods? I can't use the X key, and there does not seem to be any indication anywhere. :saddowns:

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

So it seems that More Where that Came From has disappeared. (Or at least the OP link has, and Google is failing me.) What is a good replacement for someone who can sing "Big Iron" from memory at this point, and wishes he can't?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

potaties posted:

Awesome Stuff

Thanks, I'll be sure to check those out. But now all I need is a boob slapping audio clip so my molerat boobs can be surely immsersive. :haw: