Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

Oh, no, I said, "steamed hams." That's what I call hamburgers.

One Sick Puppy posted:

If I were you I'd play through once totally vanilla. Then add whatever mods you wish and go for another playthrough.

I'd use graphical ones since they don't really modify the experience while making it less of an eyesore :p

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

Finally updated my Hunting Rifle with mods:

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=39070

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

workin' on the anti-mat rifle

v.early

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

Released the Anti-Material rifle :cool:

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=39306

10mm smg might be next..

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=35429

Here's a great weapon sound mod I'm using. Might want to add it to the first post.. Up to you, of course :p

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Alright, so as per Horns' request, I have ported over Nester's Vintorez Rifle from FO3 to New Vegas. The weapon can be found at Gun Runner's (it's sold as a Tier 3 weapon and is slightly more expensive than the Sniper Rifle) and has been added to Gun loot lists as well as the NPC Hunting and Sniper rifle list. It is triggered to spawn on NPCs around Level 12, as I imagine it can be fairly formidable in their hands.

HEY! If you're impatient, you can also summon yourself one by opening the console and typing player.additem xx000ade 1 (where the XX's are the mod index of the mod in your load order.)

The rifle is quietly added to the game, not by directly modifying levelled lists (this conflicts with other mods that do the same thing) but rather through a script and invisible quest.

For convenience sake, the weapon is chambered in .308 and does slightly (2 points) less damage than the Sniper Rifle. It has a 10-round magazine and is semi-automatic. It costs a few less AP points to shoot in VATS than the Sniper Rifle, as well. However, it IS silent by default, so you won't have to worry about tracking down weapon mods for it (there currently are none.)

It can be repaired by breaking down other Sniper Rifles.

DOWNLOAD

Ha, I textured that Vintorez back in 2007, I should rust it up a bit more for New Vegas tbh :p

(it was originally made for Counter-Strike: Source, so many of the Fallout 3 custom weapons are ported without permission >_<)

E:/ Released the Assault Carbine!

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=39431

Arenovalis fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Jan 8, 2011

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

Quick start on the 10mm SMG..

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

You're a prolific man, you know that? Thanks for the Assault Carbine retexture, by the way.

ie. nolife :P

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

Released the 10mm SMG.

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=39471

I'm also updating the pack release with this and the Assault Carbine, should be up with those in 5 mins..
E: they're up

Arenovalis fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Jan 9, 2011

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

PaybackJack posted:

Thanks for doing a large pack, I had been wanting to use your textures but too lazy to download them one by one. Maybe you mentioned it before but I didn't see it until now.

It's in the first post of ths thread :P

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

I did a video a couple years ago, I really need to do a new one though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcpKPuBeKE8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nC3CBzaUyRI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_DIoRIAI2o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2JoGtJ7yCo

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

Started on 'This Machine'..

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

Released 'This Machine':

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=39678

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

oh lawd is dat sum light machine gun wip

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=39722

sup

also updated my pack

Arenovalis fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Jan 19, 2011

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

Quick start on the .22 SMG. Painted the wood completely by hand this time..

Oh and I joined the FOOK team.

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Looking good. You joined the FOOK team? What are you doing for them? Let me guess...some sort of voice acting.

Putting boobs on them molerats, mostly

On a serious note, I can't ever imagine voice acting with a Finnish accent. How terrible would that be? :P

Arenovalis fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Jan 21, 2011

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

Lockback posted:

I disagree, I think the voice acting is pretty good, and the missions are pretty decent. Many of them are pretty similar, but there are a few very creative ones. The cannibal and the last missions in particular are pretty good.

I think its a good mod, and very well done.

It was pretty good, but ridiculously unbalanced. You get so much caps and good loot it's not even funny.

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

Smuggins posted:

Had a question for those who use Arenovalis Re-textures, which are awesome by the way.
After integrating the folders, has anyone's fonts become larger to the point of causing reading issues? As much as I'm learning about mods I'm betting I have to find a specific setting in the .ini or elsewhere to correct for this.

I have done nothing else this morning than add those texture, everything was fine before hand.

Examples (my first ever pictures on the forums, this game is forcing me to learn again dammit.)

Click here for the full 1920x1200 image.

And

Click here for the full 1920x1200 image.

I'm going through the OP again and other items but again I throw myself on the mercy of the more experienced.

Seems like your ini settings have reseted, not using the DarnUI's fonts. My textures only affect the weapons anyways :P

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

hurr durr how do i installed mod

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

I'm gonna do a Beretta M93R for FOOK eventually, just wait :razz:

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

ReV VAdAUL posted:

Bah, see that is (very mildly) annoying in a different way, wouldn't new guns not wear out nearly as fast as the centuries old ones you can also run into?

I second this, even if new guns are being made, materials and equipment used to make the stuff can't be up to par with prewar stuff.

Besides, it's a wasteland, it just FEELS right to tote a rusty hunk-a-junk :P

E:/ drat you RagnarokAngel for being faster than me >____>

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

Apocadall posted:

I would like to see more of the modders make the more realistic weapons look dirtier, like scratches and stuff on the AK. Maybe not 200 years sitting in a desert worn but extended use by previous owner.

That's exactly the kind of thing I'm doing for FOOK :p
(conversion/images by jonnyeah, models by Twinke Masta)

Don't want to toot my own horn, but IMO FOOK2 for FO3 was pretty sweet and I'm in charge of the weapons section this time (mostly), so it's hopefully gonna be even better.

Arenovalis fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Feb 9, 2011

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

sean10mm posted:

Somebody has finally re-textured That Gun.

http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=39519

I haven't reached Novac yet in my current game to see how it looks, but based on the screen shots it's pretty nice. Not exactly like the Blade Runner movie gun it's based on but pretty close.

Arenovalis, were you planning on doing That Gun in your weapon re-texture project?

Eventually, yeah.

I don't really worry about the technical implementation of the guns as long as they're not ridiculously unbalanced or broken, I'm only really focused on the art side of things :P

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

Probably gonna do a Stechkin APS eventually, I have a model and a half-done texture sitting around.

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

Brigg posted:

Oh, Naky, Im not even sure if its possible but I'm pretty good at first person animation (And any other kind for that matter), So if you want help animating any of the weapons I can definitely do some of them.

But of course, I dont even know if its possible to add new animations in or if everything is just stuck onto whatever existing animation is most appropriate.

Also side note, I dug this up as well, this would fit perfectly in fallout, I think they used these in Tactics right? Screenshot is from HLMV again, so it would probably look a little better in game, unfortunately the importing instructions kinda went over my head a little.

Click here for the full 497x638 image.

I think it might look even worse in Fallout since the engine's pretty terrible :/
Seems like it might be awesome in a proper engine like UT3, but yeah.

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

Syrant posted:

That is, as they say around here, pretty 'Baller'.

Can't wait for a big compilation of your work added to level lists so I can find these guns somewhere that isn't a freakin' store in Goodsprings. I know you have the shotgun and the (mac-10?) SMG and at one point, I believe, they could not be simultaneously used or something? I am definitely behind adding them to level lists, though, even if they were all different ESPs :shobon:

I'll probs try to throw them in one big pack when FOOK is released

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

I already started retexturing the Dead Money BAR :'D
Am I sad or what?

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

Well it's gonna be a part of my retexture project (which is also a part of FOOK) so yeah technically :D

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

I guess I forgot to post this here.

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

Yeah I changed my nickname to what I use on most sites :P

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

I need to get a life >___<

(everything is work in progress)
Contender model by ArmchairOdin, KABAR model by me, Mauser C96 model by Ben Bolton.

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

Safety Hammer posted:

Arenovalis, those are lookin sweet. What do you model in?

3ds Max 2011 and Photoshop CS5. Occasionally maybe some additional tools for little things, but mainly those two.

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

Released the .22 SMG and Dead Money Police Pistol and updated my pack with these and the BAR I released back in February.

The police pistol turned out REALLY well if I may say so myself :science:

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

Started on this.

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

Released the Riot Shotgun. That Gun will be up next :D

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=41660

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

herpa derp

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

Cardboard Box posted:

Oi. At this rate I might end up switching from WMX to WME. They have a compatibility patch out already.

Can't wait for That Gun. :D

Yeah, the WME author is also a FOOK team member so we work a lot more closely than I do with Antistar. I don't know why people seem to prefer WMX, I know Antistar originally made the FO3 mod back in the day but WME has been around almost since day one of New Vegas and it is generally much more compatible with mods, since it's built in a less-breaking way.

Arenovalis fucked around with this message at 16:05 on May 8, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

Naky posted:

Out of curiosity, does anyone here truly know how to fix the shiny textures/DDS issue? I swear, I've tried every combination of exportation options in Photoshop and I've altogether removed the normal map, I've applied a 50% opacity black overlay to the texture and it's STILL stupid shiny. I know it's not any sort of model setting since the entire mesh has the exact same specularity, etc settings as but it's only the parts using this one texture that are shiny.

Try changing Unknown Int 2 to 32769, that should fix it. If it's set to 1, it makes the part self-illuminated, changing that should fix it.

Arenovalis fucked around with this message at 17:32 on May 8, 2011