Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

delta534
Sep 2, 2011
My fix for the fps tanking with Project Reality's rain is to remove the radial blur values from the imagespace modifier F3NVBlurRain in GECK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

delta534
Sep 2, 2011
Here is the file with the necessary changes made already. Just replace the old esp with this one I still get a minor fps hit when it rains but it is nowhere near as bad. If anyone else has any issues with it I will see what I can do.

delta534
Sep 2, 2011

ScienceAndMusic posted:

Hmmm seemed to help a bit but my fps still drops to ~40. Its so weird because RAD storms don't cause any fps loss... I don't suppose there is an easy way to just disable rain storms but keep rad storms in?

Regardless thank you, its better than what I had and will use it.

Your're welcome and I will see what else I can do to help the fps issue. If I cannot fix it, I will just add an option to disable the rain.

delta534
Sep 2, 2011

ScienceAndMusic posted:

Lordy my fps just tanked below 30 fps again when it started raining. If you could just remove the normal rain cycles all together I'd love you forever.

Here is a quick fix that should disable the fps tanking part of the rain. It will still sound like it raining but there should be no rain drops. If you still experience fps issues or any crashes, please wait, I'm going to attempt to fix some other possible issues with the mod while trying not to introduce any more.

delta534
Sep 2, 2011

ScienceAndMusic posted:

Thanks man, appreciate all the work you're doing.

Well here is my days work on fixing Project Reality. In my testing I did not encounter any constant fps loss in rain but I make no guarantees that the bug has been fully squashed and the rain might look different.

delta534
Sep 2, 2011

v1ld posted:

How well does Tale of two Wastelands work if you want to use a bunch of F:NV overhauls for Fallout 3? CCO + jsawyer + PMT, mainly. The perks from CCO/jsawyer and CCO's follower changes are the big changes I'd like to have, along with DT - also, while I don't plan to enter the Mpjave, can FNV followers come to DC?

The alternative is F3 + FWE + IMCN for hardcore mode + ??

Basically, I never made it very much beyond GNR ever, but now I want to play it like Skyrim, where I'm just wandering around until you find the next fort/cave/tower and do stuff without worrying about people and plots but just enjoy the superbly crafted geography. This has been a blast with SPERG to overhaul perks/leveling and Frostfall to make travel in cold areas challenging. Can CCO + jsawyer do that for F3, maybe with some scarcity mods sprinkled on top?

CCO's follower changes sort of work with TTW. The mass firing will not work quite right and the DC companions do not obey charisma limit and will not have any of the tweaks. CCO's DT will work but some of the armor's may use the wrong DT formula. CCO's classic perks will work with one very minor issue. The perk rebalance will work and the gameplay changes will work as well without issues. I don't use Jsawyer but the perks should work. I would have to see how it works to give a better answer.

delta534
Sep 2, 2011

Sunny Dove posted:

There are a couple differences between the characters. Troublesome Man's traits are Built to Destroy and Adrenaline Junky (CCO). 60FPS Bro has Built to Destroy and Kamikaze. Both characters use vanilla hairstyles; however, Troublesome Man is a custom race called TFH Rugged Race while 60FPS Bro is a vanilla race.

Another difference that may account for the performance issues: I created Troublesome Man with my entire load order active. I created 60FPS Bro with 0 mods active and proceeded to slowly activate each mod individually and play test for performance impact.

If you are wondering why I don't just scrap Troublesome Man and start him over, I have already recorded and commented 4 hours of my FO:NV let's play with this character. So, you can understand why I'd like to avoid starting over.

One thing I would do is run this program over either your entire texture folder or just over the Rugged Race Textures. Other than that my only guess would be a bugged script of some sort.

delta534
Sep 2, 2011

Sunny Dove posted:

I have a bit of a random question if anyone can help me out. Cirosan's Classic Overhaul tweaks followers but I don't believe the mechanics will apply to modded companions. How difficult would it be to make CCO compatibility patches for companions like Sunny Smiles, Melissa Lewis, or the baby Deathclaw mod? I rather like the CCO follower tweaks and would like to extend them to modded companions.

It would not very difficult but I would not try it unless you are familiar with the GECK and FNVEDIT. The hardest part would be making the companions recognize and respect the charisma limit. It would likely involve changing dialog, adding in new dialog, and editing scripts so that the right variables get updated and the dialog checks for room in the party. The easy parts are making a perk to decrease damage output and increase damage resistance, giving the perk to the companion and making a weapon that uses ammo if needed. I've done some work on a patch for the Tale of Two Wastelands and CCO - FT that I've been waiting on the next update of TTW to finish up, so I do have experience in what you want to do.

delta534
Sep 2, 2011
First thing is that you only need one of these

quote:

NV_STTraitsandPerks - NVSE.esp
NV_STTraitsandPerks.esp
NV_STTraitsandPerks_Crunch - NVSE.esp
NV_STTraitsandPerks_Crunch.esp

Second is that you should be running one of these mods

quote:

The.Armory.Stalker.Pack.esp
The.Armory.Rambo.Pack.esp
The.Armory.Mysterious.Stranger.Pack.esp
The.Armory.Terminator.Pack.esp
The.Armory.Crysis.Pack.esp
The.Armory.Ninja.Pack.esp

Third you should be using a FNVEdit merged patch or a bashed patch, instruction should be in the OP or second post on how to do this.

Fourth remove this mod

quote:

CompanionInfAmmoCheat.esp

Other than that I don't see any more issues that jump out at me. I would have to take a deep look at the mods you have installed to make sure of any other incompatibles.

delta534
Sep 2, 2011

Timeless Appeal posted:

So, I'm getting the oddest glitch. All of the sudden, when I go to the in-game menu, all the options such as save and load are blurred out and not clickable with the exception of MCM. Any mods known for creating an issue like this?

Any mod that uses MCM and/or old versions of MCM itself can cause that issue. Make sure that you are using the latest version of MCM, there is a bug fix that might help. Also start changing minor things in mods that use the MCM and change them back. This might reset whatever scripts are causing the issue.

Desideratus, create a merged patch and the ammo issue should disappeare. Instructions on how to do it are in the second post.

delta534
Sep 2, 2011

DJ Dizzy posted:

How do I avoid pistols and other one-handed weapons centering wierdly when I hipfire? This is my load order

I am also using WAR 2.0

code:
GameMode=FalloutNV

FalloutNV.esm=1
CaravanPack.esm=1
DeadMoney.esm=1
HonestHearts.esm=1
OldWorldBlues.esm=1
LonesomeRoad.esm=1
ELECTRO-CITY - CompletedWorkorders.esm=1
ELECTRO-CITY - Highways and Byways.esm=1
GunRunnersArsenal.esm=1
Military Explansion Program.esm=1
More Perks.esm=1
Project Nevada - Core.esm=1
Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp=1
Project Nevada - Equipment.esm=1
Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp=1
WeaponModsExpanded.esp=1
NVWillow.esp=1
BetterGamePerformanceV4.esp=1
CONELRAD 640-1240.esp=1
Expanded Traits.esp=1
FactionIDCards.esp=1
Fellout.esp=1
The Low Profile Armor Mod.esp=1
More Perks Update.esp=1
NewVegasBounties.esp=1
NewVegasBountiesII.esp=1
PerkEveryLevel.esp=1
better that gun 223.esp=1
that gun holdout.esp=1
UniversalPerkRequirements.esp=1
The Mod Configuration Menu.esp=1
NV_STTraitsandPerks.esp=1
NV_STTraitsandPerks - NVSE.esp=1
NV_STTraitsandPerks_Crunch - NVSE.esp=1
NV_STTraitsandPerks_Crunch.esp=1
SignatureWeapons.esp=1
SignatureArmor.esp=1
Roleplay Start 1.2.esp=1
Project Nevada - WMX.esp=1
Project Nevada - Dead Money.esp=1
Project Nevada - Honest Hearts.esp=1
Project Nevada - Old World Blues.esp=1
Project Nevada - Lonesome Road.esp=1
Project Nevada - Gun Runners' Arsenal.esp=1
Project Nevada - EVE All DLC.esp=1
Mission Mojave - Ultimate Edition.esp=1
EVE FNV - ALL DLC.esp=1

I'm not sure on what the issue is but I see a few issues with your load order.
You will only want one of these plugins
code:
NV_STTraitsandPerks.esp=1
NV_STTraitsandPerks - NVSE.esp=1
NV_STTraitsandPerks_Crunch - NVSE.esp=1
NV_STTraitsandPerks_Crunch.esp=1
You are missing a merged patch, instructions are in the second post of the thread. The load order is all over the place, run it through BOSS, and you are missing various compatiblity patches for WMX and EVE.

delta534
Sep 2, 2011

Chief Savage Man posted:

I have a personal day I need to use or lose before I go to my new job and there's nothing else going on so I figure its time to bite the bullet and set up New Vegas again. I've been missing it dearly. I'm going to be looking through this thread and keeping a list of mods I want but its been a long time so what kind of outside utilities are recommended these days to keep the game working right? Last time I tried to mod up NV, I couldn't get out of Doc Mitchell's house before things started going to poo poo so I gave up.

Also does anybody use TTW here? I'm intrigued by the idea of playing FO3 with some of the NV mechanics but I feel like it would probably add another layer of complexity to gently caress everything up in my NV game.

The only tools I can recommend for New Vegas are the fallout mod manager, BOSS and FNVEdit.

As for TTW I would recommend it. It treats the Fallout 3 content as a another well put together mod for New Vegas, so removing it is easy if you don't want to play with it anymore. It does not prevent you from playing New Vegas content while it is activated, you just have to go to Union Station and board a train over to the Mojave. It does not change much content from either Fallout 3 or New Vegas beyond what is needed to make both games play nicely together as one big games, so don't worry about it screwing anything up.

delta534
Sep 2, 2011

Chief Savage Man posted:

Alright, I'll give that a shot too then. Does it give the FO3 weapons ironsights?

I'm fairly sure it does give iron sights to all FO3 only weapons, but I'm not completely sure. I am sure that and weapon that is in NV and FO3 will have iron sights.

delta534
Sep 2, 2011

Sunny Dove posted:

For anyone that plays with Cirosan's Classic Overhaul, have you ever experienced a bug where your armor's damage resistance is given to you twice? I've checked various power armors and they are all giving me +25 (the max DR equipment is allowed to give in CCO) but it appears twice in the list of status effects. Thus, giving me a total DR of 50 (and I'm assuming if I pop a Med-x/Morphine, it'll go all the way to 75). That seems pretty ridiculous and unintended. I fiddled around looking in FNVedit but I'm clueless what would cause this. Even with Slasher, Morphine, and Enclave Power armor on, I still died trying to tank multiple deathclaws so maybe it's not that imbalanced. Power armor should really make you tough I suppose.

That is bizarre, and I have never run into that bug. This is a quick test esp I created to see if CCO does have a bug
All it does is changes a few display names to see what effects you really have on, so if you could install, activate and report back with what effects that have Damage Resistance as part of the name, I could narrow it down farther.

delta534
Sep 2, 2011

Sunny Dove posted:

Yup, looks like I'm getting DR+25 x2. One is labeled "Damage Resistance L" and the other "Damage Resistance M."

My load order if you need it.

Thanks for the info and I was able to replicate the issue. Let me see what I can do to fix it. The trigger is putting on any helmet with a DT value over 5 first then putting on some medium or heavy armor.

delta534
Sep 2, 2011

Chief Savage Man posted:

So my all day modding project (it really did end up taking from about 1pm to 5:30pm to do everything and hunt down conflicts) is finally over and I am pretty confident I got everything working the right way. TTW seems to work flawlessly so far. Had crashes every 15-20 minutes but merged patch + masterupdate seemed to fix that. And FO3 weapons had invisible ironsights until I found out I still had the WME Ironsights thing above the rest of the plugins. Playing Fallout 3 with NV mechanics is really drat cool. :neckbeard: Thanks for the help guys.

e: and of course it just crashed. Still though, it's working a lot better than it was before.

If you are not using this http://nvse.silverlock.org/beta/fnv4gb_nvse.zip along with NVSE, I would start using it if you have more than 4GB of memory. It crashing every 15-20 minutes sounds like FNV is running out of memory.

delta534
Sep 2, 2011

Chief Savage Man posted:

Yeah that alleviated the immediate issue I was having in Vault 101 but I'm still running into intermittent crashes while still using it.

This is where I wish FNV had some sort of crashlog because trying to fix these things are a pain. I'm thinking it is some sort of mod conflict or some obscure setting since I don't crash nearly that often. Let me see your load order and I might be able to fix it.

Here is something I said I would do early, the fix for doubling up on DR with CCO. http://www.mediafire.com/download/3njvckqowx9cia6/CCODRFix.zip
If it still occurs, I'm blaming the game engine.

delta534
Sep 2, 2011

Chief Savage Man posted:

The main reason I haven't been hacking mods off to see what the problem is is because I'm crashing in FO3 and so I'm kind of confused as to which mods would even affect the FO3 worldspace.

Any thing scripted can effect the DC wasteland, also have you done these steps
code:
1) Disable auto save
2) Disable Transparency Multisampling (launcher options)
3) If you have a quad core or above (post specs people!) then you'll need to make adjustments in the configuration file so the game will only use 2 threads.

- Open Fallout.ini (documents, not in the game folder).
- Search for bUseThreadedAI=0 and replace with bUseThreadedAI=1.
- Insert iNumHWThreads=2 on a new line.
- If the file is write protected simply disable, save & enable write protection again.

So the end result should look like this:
bUseThreadedAI=1
iNumHWThreads=2
source

delta534
Sep 2, 2011

Chief Savage Man posted:

No such luck, sat next to the atom bomb for five minutes went back to Moira's and crashed again.
Try running it in windows xp service pack 3 compatibility mode, instruction are here http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/using-windows-vista-compatibility-mode/.

I would do it both for falloutNV.exe and fnv4gb.exe.
If that does not work, start by removing NSURWLified-ENB.esm and seeing if it still crashes.

delta534
Sep 2, 2011
Deactivate all the other mods through the mod manager, verify the game through steam and you should be able to load the game.

delta534
Sep 2, 2011

Red Mundus posted:

I have a quick question regarding stealth.

Whenever I kill an enemy, all enemies in the level go on cautious and start searching everywhere. They don't know where I am but it makes stealthing a pain in the rear end as everyone is wandering around in cautious state. I've used a silenced .22LR pistol, baseball bat, and brass knuckles but it still alerts enemies even if there is a wall between us.

I'm using the following mods:

Anything stick out that would cause issues with AI detecting stealth kills?

It is likely Project Nevada Rebalance. It makes changes to sneaking to make it harder, but can be reversed with an option in its menu.

delta534
Sep 2, 2011

Mustang posted:

I think it may be because I'm using Mod Organizer. I can't change resolution using mod organizer either since you can't change the resolution in game for some reason. Which sucks because otherwise everything is working perfectly with Mod Organizer. When I launch it from steam and the standard FNV window pops up that lets you change resolution, doesn't effect launching the game through mod organizer.

Yes it is and the fix is fairly easy. Click on tools, click on INI editor and change the font section of those INI's as required by Darnui. You can also change the resolution by changing iSize W and iSize H in falloutprefs.ini

delta534
Sep 2, 2011

Cirosan posted:

Other than that, I hope you've all been doing well. I saw the bug reported with the Damage Resistance module a few pages back - right now I'm too busy with game design/development stuff to commit to patch it out, but I'll get around to it as soon as I can. Thanks for spotting it and putting out a patch yourself, by the way.

Edit: Turns out it took far less time to rollback the server than I anticipated. Color me pleasantly surprised. If you haven't changed it already, kindly disregard this. My apologies - I seriously thought we were in for much worse.

I'm glad the website issue was resolved quickly, and if you like how I ixed the bug, feel free to merge my fix into the main mod when you have the time.

delta534
Sep 2, 2011
If anyone cares I've released a patch to make CCO and TTW play nicely together over on the TTW forums. Here is the link to it. http://www.taleoftwowastelands.com/content/ttw-20-cirosan%E2%80%99s-classic-overhaul-ttw-beta

delta534
Sep 2, 2011

Rabhadh posted:

That companion control mod is blowing my mind. Is it compatible with CCO?

I don't see any thing in FNVEdit that would suggest that they are incompatible.

delta534
Sep 2, 2011

Psion posted:

It should be, I believe: install WMX-UE, install WRP, download the WMX-UE patch collection from the WMX page, pick the proper compatibility file and go. The readme in that archive might help as well.

Also I bought FO3 for $5 on the sale with the intent of playing Tale of Two Wastelands. Is there a TTW specific modlist or useful tips or something I should know before firing this up? Not really looking to be super complicated here but I definitely want a string of FO3 mods or equivalent functionality to make it into the Capitol Wasteland, but I don't know how it works at all beyond reading their FAQ (so I need a new pipboy :mad: )

With TTW, the assumption is that most Fallout NV mods should at least partially work, and any Fallout 3 mod that does not need FOSE can be converted to work with a FNVEdit script. The only hard and fast rules are custom races built for FNV and pipboy mods will cause issues with two DC quests Tranquilty lane and The character creation quest, and NVEC beyond just the enhancements also does not work.

delta534
Sep 2, 2011

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Does anybody know how to get any ENBSeries for New Vegas working on Windows 8 with NVSE and FNV4gb.exe? For some reason I can't get it working when running from FNV4gb.exe but it works fine when I run nvse_loader.exe instead.

Using the latest version of FNV4gb.exe, you have to install the injector version of ENB and add -extradll enbseries.dll as a launch option to FNV4gb for it to work. The easy method of doing this is creating a shortcut to FNV4gb.exe and putting -extradll enbseries.dll as part of the target.

delta534
Sep 2, 2011

Samopsa posted:

So I've been experiencing a weird bug: Once in game, when I press ESC, all the menu options are greyed out and I can't open any of them, except for the mod config menu. This problem kinda happened suddenly, had been playing for a couple of hours before without problems. Anyone has any idea what it could be? I'm running the 4GB NVSE executable, no ENB (had it before, but disabled it). Here's my load order:

It is a bug with MCM or a mod using MCM. Just open up the MCM and for each mod listing select an option and toggle it on and off again. It should go back to normal again.

delta534
Sep 2, 2011

Cantorsdust posted:

What's the consensus on a Tale of Two Wastelands? I remember seeing A Requiem for something or another a while ago and thinking "playing both fallouts at once would be really cool, but I'll wait until it's stable." So is TTW stable now? Can I throw Project Nevada + WME + EVE and expect it to work?

Currently it is fairly stable and all of the FO3 content is fully playable. You should be able to add those mods on top and it should work just don't expect the all changes EVE makes apply to all the weapons in the capital wasteland. You will have to start a new character and start in vault 101 for everything to work right though.

delta534
Sep 2, 2011

Gyshall posted:

How about compatibility? Does this make poo poo crash happy?

I basically want Fallout 3 with all the NV weapons, Project Nevada, and various Delay DLC/etc tweak mods. Possibly CCO/Jsawyer but not sure if they will affect the Capitol Wasteland.

Fallout New Vegas mods should not any issues beyond they might not completely affect the Capitol Wasteland or there might me some overlap. NV mods do not need to be converted. Any converted Fallout 3 mod should be no more crash happy than it would be in Fallout 3 unless it depends on FOSE.

With CCO I know there is a patch to make it work nicely with TTW since I made the patch. JSawyer might work, but I think a patch will be needed, mostly to add things to some CW specific leveled lists.

delta534
Sep 2, 2011
If you use the CCO Classic perk + PN compatibility patch then yes they do apply.

delta534
Sep 2, 2011
Yes, there is a patch for CCO and I made it and here is the link to the topic on the TTW forums http://www.taleoftwowastelands.com/node/1467. A patch for WMX exists here http://www.taleoftwowastelands.com/content/wmx-mods-some-ttw-weapons.the Project Nevada and Jsawyer patches are still in limbo.

delta534
Sep 2, 2011

Guigui posted:

I couldn't find what I was looking for in the OP or in most of the posts I went through. Google hasn't helped much.

Fallout NV for me is just incredibly buggy; and by buggy, I mean I cannot load a game without starting a new game first, and then loading said game. Otherwise, the game just sits there in the loading screen - and my task manager shows no activity in Fallout NV.

I only had one mod installed - an altered timescale mod; and even when that is deactived, I still get issues.

Going from indoors to outdoors always requires a save, as 50% of the time the game crashes when changing cells, or when loading new cells. Sometimes the game will just hang when I pull up my inventory. I'd say I usually get a good 20 minutes of gameplay before I encounter a crash.

I tried some of the suggestions in the OP, tried the 4gb loader, tried using threaded cores... Nothing really seems to have an effect. I'm wondering if .ini tweaks are required.

I should mention that the game is installed on my SSD; I don't know if fallout NV was meant to be used on SSD's, and maybe requires the slow loading speeds of traditional hard disks to let it complete a task before assets are loaded?

Any insight would be appreciated - thanks.

I would try running it in windows XP service pack 2 compatibility mode. I also trying to remember where I read this so I have no clue if it will help or not, but I think blowing yourself up, dying and saving,will help with the need to start a new game to load an old save. Also I would start us CASM and always create a new save when saving.

delta534
Sep 2, 2011

Helith posted:

Good point about the data folder, more of the game files are kept there than I remembered. I've deleted anything that looked like it was added by a mod and also the ini's so I can have nice new versions. Steam is currently verifying the cache and it'll redownload anything small that should be there.

Can I have two instances of MO installed? How do I do that?

Yes you can have multiple instances of mo Installed. Just get the non-installer version from the download page and extract it somewhere that you can access easy. I've put my MO instance for New Vegas in the game directory.

delta534
Sep 2, 2011

GrumpyDoctor posted:

I've been playing a character with this modlist:
[X] FalloutNV.esm
[X] CaravanPack.esm
[X] ClassicPack.esm
[X] MercenaryPack.esm
[X] TribalPack.esm
[X] DeadMoney.esm
[X] HonestHearts.esm
[X] OldWorldBlues.esm
[X] LonesomeRoad.esm
[X] GunRunnersArsenal.esm
[X] IWR.esm
[X] OWB Companion Teleport.esp
[X] OWB Valence Extra.esp
[X] LFox Bottle That Water.esp
[X] SecretStash20.esp
[X] SecretStash80.esp
[X] SecretStash60.esp
[X] SecretStash40.esp
[X] Color Me Evil.esp
[X] IWR - Rebuilt.esp
[X] MBOWBExtended20.esp
[X] MBOWBExtended100.esp
[X] MBOWBExtended60.esp
[X] MBOWBExtended40.esp
[X] MBOWBExtended80.esp

(For some reason, OWB Companion Teleport re-enables itself if it's disabled.) But I've just discovered that attempting to investigate the crashed satellite causes my game to crash during the initial "whiteout" animation - even if all the mods are disabled. If the MBOWBExtended mods are enabled, it crashes about a half-second earlier than it would otherwise, but I can't get into the DLC in either case. Does anybody have any ideas for solving this?

One remove from your mod list
code:
[X] SecretStash20.esp
[X] SecretStash60.esp
[X] SecretStash40.esp
[X] MBOWBExtended20.esp
[X] MBOWBExtended60.esp
[X] MBOWBExtended40.esp
[X] MBOWBExtended80.esp
they are redundant, two try uninstalling OWB Companion Teleport.esp, so it cannot re-enable itself and try again to make sure that is not an issue

delta534
Sep 2, 2011

Turtlicious posted:

Yo, what's the console command to manipulate the "hardcap" of companions? Also, is there a command to set how many companions you have? I only have one, but New Vegas thinks I have 5 (using CCO.)

Run this command in the NV to fix your companion count issue

code:
set "000B16D0".nCurrentFollowers to 1
There must be some sort of mod conflict for this to have happened though.

delta534
Sep 2, 2011

AfricanBootyShine posted:

Hey all, last time I played New Vegas I had a mod that would let me adjust a lot of variables through the MCM, like how many perks I'd get per level, how much damage enemies would take through headshots, etc... I thought it was part of Project Nevada, but it's not showing up. Anyone know what it was off the top of their head?

Get Project Nevada and Project Nevada extra options, making sure to install the rebalance portions and you will have what you want.

delta534
Sep 2, 2011

King Doom posted:

Jesus, that thing is legit? like it actually works and isn't the usual 'I did teh apetch it maek gam 4 betrar' crap the guys on the Nexus vomit up?

I have yet to fully stress it but it does seem to help. The creator is fairly open about what the plugin is actually doing and what they are doing would help fix the crashing drastically. Crashes still happen but it is still being worked on fairly rapidly.

delta534
Sep 2, 2011

Rather Dashing posted:

It's been a while since I've played this and Skyrim was more recent, so I may have them confused, but wasn't there a better alternative to FOMM that had the goon stamp of approval? I don't want to start the long process of getting my preferred mods in shape only to find I've used an inferior manager.

Mod Organizer is what you are thinking of. It does take a bit more work to get some mods installed but it is vastly better than FOMM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

delta534
Sep 2, 2011

CJacobs posted:

Are there any mods out there that change when trader inventories are restocked? It's always annoying when I want to sell my poo poo and it's like Thursday ingame, so I have to waste time staring at the Wait menu for three solid ingame days. It just ticks down so slowly. :geno:

The rebalance part of Project Nevada Extra Options.