Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=45104

Does anyone use this that can speak about it? Seems like a pretty big no-brainer to use. I have another question actually,

Do you guys use NVMM for Vegas or is that a Skyrim type of deal mostly? It seems pretty useful, especially the back-up of files that a mod replaces/deletes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

NVMM? The mod manager for New Vegas is FOMM (Fallout Mod Manger)--there was an 'NVMM' that was around right after NV came out, though. The most recent versions of FOMM are compatible with both FO3 and NV, and it's pretty much required if you intend on modding your game. Unless you're talking about the Nexus Mod Manager?

NMM is what I meant, yeah. The nexus one. Seems like it has a lot of useful features that would be a big utility for modding gamebryo in general.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Are there any good flashlight mods that don't require you to actually hold one in your hand?

Also, I've modded this game a lot, beaten it once and restarted a poo poo load, but now I want to start and go through the game and all of its DLC. Im basically only looking for mods that make the game much better.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

One more question actually, does NVMM support FOMOD script installs yet?

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

I've got a few questions, mostly:

1. Is CCO compatible with PN? And secondly, what does CCO actually.. do? It says that

quote:

Gameplay Changes – The crux of the overhaul. Many game formulas are changed and the function of V.A.T.S. is different altogether.

but what does this actually mean? I'm trying to nail my mods down so I'm not constantly changing them out throughout and loving my game up.

2. What Weapon Mod, mod do you guys prefer? And is there one that actually distributes them around the world or do you have to craft them all?

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Upmarket Mango posted:

Is there a mod that replaces to first person view hands with something high res?

I've been looking for this for months, I don't think it exists.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

GAY RETARD posted:

So, I posted earlier about game breaking lag that appeared out of nowhere, having project reality and project nevada installed. I ran the game with all the mods disabled and the lag persists, even in earlier saves. I just wanna shoot peoples faces :saddowns:

This happened to me and I tried everything, eventually I deleted all the .inis related to FNV and it fixed it

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Are there ANY good fix mods or game performance improving mods? It seems like they pretty much all just gently caress up the game

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

quiggy posted:

I picked up both Fallout 3 and New Vegas in the Steam sale and decided to come looking here for mods. I found A Requiem for the Capital Wasteland and would love to have it so that I could just play both areas in the same game, but unfortunately the mod isn't currently available on Nexus. Is there either a different mod that does the same thing or an alternate place I can download the mod from?
I wouldn't recommend it. It's a bitch to install and its buggy as hell. Just play the games separately.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

natlampe posted:

What's the difference between Fallout_default.ini, Fallout.ini and FalloutPrefs.ini? Which one(s) do I have to edit to get the settings to stick? Is there a master ini?

The graphics settings that can be changed in New Vegas Options aren't in sync with a 3rd party program like New Vegas Configator 1.6.

All three preferably, and I don't think there's any difference that I know of between them.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Hm, wasn't aware that defaults was not to be hosed with. I do know for a fact that the game launcher overwrites all your .ini settings though which is a huge pain in the rear end

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

That's a loving bad rear end pistol bro .

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Chronojam posted:

For all you guys loving IWS, just wait till you get to Fiend territory :getin:

There's literally nothing better than exploding crack heads with a gauss rifle.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

chitoryu12 posted:

When I got some mod guns and the 00 Commando mod to make shotguns realistically useful, I had a run where I basically used nothing but a 20 gauge pump-action. With slugs, I could plink radscorpions from 50 yards.

00 Commando?

Also I see a lot of recommendations for mods for people just starting to mod or for first playthrough mods. But what are some good mods for someone like myself who has done multiple playthroughs modded like 4-5 months after the game was released? I remember downloading the armory by naky when it was properly released but that's the last time I've played.

What I'm asking is what are some good new and recommended mods that have come out since then or recently? Guns, armor, spawns, difficulty, quests, graphics, whatever. I wanna mod the poo poo out of this game again. Also, what's the recommended way of managing mods for NV? Mod organizer? Nexus mod manager? FOMM?

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Hobo on Fire posted:

Millenia's weapon compilation (also organized by Naky) is a great way to add a good number of well made guns, without going overboard. Spice of Life adds lots of variety to clothing and armor, and WILL work without body replacers, though you will have some texture issues on anything that shows skin. Increased Wasteland Spawns just takes whatever spawns naturally and increases that number whereas DFB random encounters creates new groups out of thin air. For quests, the Someguy series (NV Bounties, etc.) are highly recommended. Ojo Bueno and NMC both add better textures, and cover a few different things, but you can slap one over the other to cover all the bases. Millenia also did a Weapon Retexture Project for the vanilla guns.

FOMM is still king for Fallout, as far as I'm concerned; you'll also want to look at CASM since the vanilla save system is lovely, and MCM to help with tweaking settings for many mods, including ones I've mentioned. Many people will also recommend Project Nevada as an overhaul, and I'll toss in a mention for the JSawyer plugin, designed by New Vegas lead Developer/goon Ropekid to tweak the game more as he envisioned it. There are plenty of people here who will also vouch for the various UI and weather mods.

All this stuff is in the OP, if you need links.

Thanks for this. Is DFB recommended among you? How about mods to change/add settlements and or zones? I.e adding new poo poo or changing poo poo in new vegas, or adding a new raider camp or vault or something like that. I think I've got my bases covered as far as fixing and tweaking and gameplay go. I'm also wondering if there any of those community patches or bug fixing patches that are actually worth downloading?

One more thing, as far as shaders and injectors and weird poo poo like that, what's the most stable and least likely to make my game run terribly? I have 8 gigs, intel quad core at 4.3ghz(can't remember specific model, it's a 4970k or something), and a 7850 overclocked. I run at 1920x1090. Is there any easy way to get this run borderless windowed either?

Bob NewSCART fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Jul 16, 2014

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Hilariously, they actually create mods which more realistically simulate what looking at a nuclear irradiated Nevada desert in the middle of the day without even knowing it

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

What's the best weather mod for someone who doesn't want to just sit there and take screenshots of my game? Something that I can tweak a setting for how many times it rains or how many thunderstorms/sandstorms I get? I feel like default, this is the most docile, calm, unweather affected desert in the world.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Master survivalists just funnel that old bottle of Jack Daniels straight into their asses for maximum efficacy.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

SuitDude posted:

Having a compatibility issue and was hoping somebody could help me sort it out. I downloaded and installed Improved Bouncing Natural Breasts, but it seems like it's conflicting with Slof's Improved Better Natural Bouncing Boners (Big), because both the breasts and Boners are replaced with big ol' semi-transparent, yellow yield sign looking things. If I remove SIBNBB.esp (which I *don't* want to do) the Bouncing Natural Breasts look fine, and natural. However, there is another problem. It seems like it shares references to the same esm as GrandTetons.esp, and it causes every breat in the game to be absolutely MASSIVE. Like, bigger than big - to the point where I'm getting LOD glitches and they're clipping through the skybox. Please someone help me. I can't keep living like this!

Lol

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Any decent mods came out in the past 6 months to a year I guess? Kind of want to replay this again.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

I go up to his room with him and then viciously murder him with a pool cue. Then rob his entire apartment

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Cream of plenty/posters in this thread, collaborate on updating the OP to make it updated and awesome. I want to reinstall the game and remod but like a dude said last page, I don't really want to read 500 pages.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

What's your guys preferred mod manager and essential mods for a play through?

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Anyone else wanna post the mods they always install or consider essential? How about some good mods that add a decent amount of new weapons or armor? Even cosmetic poo poo? Are there any mods that add cool equipment that isn't necessarily armor to the leveled lists?

Also I heard someone talking about a mod that drops dlc weapons universally? Can you select per dlc or do you have to have them all? Never bought dead money, always sounded annoying as poo poo

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Naky posted:

I don't think so. The way vendors work in Gamebryo games is that their inventory sits in a hidden chest in the world, usually outside the boundaries, and that's where stuff you buy and sell goes to including your money. I think they do it this way specifically to prevent people from doing easy mode vendor killing for easier crafting/selling elsewhere/money grabbing.

That being said, there could be a mod that changes that whole system but I don't think I've ever heard of it.

Was so much better in morrowind where you could show up to a town, murder a shopkeeper, steal everything he owns and then live in his house

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

That poo poo seems like way too much work just to have the lighting be hosed in half the parts of the game because the lighting sources and lighting in general in these games is not consistent whatsoever

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

What's the recommended mod manager nowadays?

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

So you guys roll manual installs for everything? Is it a bad idea if I go lazy style and only manually install the mods that would actually require it and use NMM one click installs off nexus for the rest?

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Yeah I'm thinking I might reinstall this again. Recommend all good mods that may not be in the OP or that I'm forgetting. I'm going all in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Has anything crazy been released between the thread being updated and now?