Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Does anyone have a link to lombard station, place was my favorite player home last time I played and the link in the op is dead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Thank you

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Click the question mark under my username. Someone linked it for me a month ago

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

The op is hopelessly outdated at this point. You can only use it as a starting point now

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Wait your using vortex? Lol no wonder poo poo doesn't work. That poo poo belongs in the trash can

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I'm betting he's already got thousands of people telling him exactly what modlist he should be using

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

You probably shouldn't use vnv anyways cause it looks like a piss poor guide that'll get you a lovely broken experience. Telling you to do something is worthless it should be explaining why you are doing it. Without explaining the why if someone followed that guide and missed a single step or installed anything not an the guide they could be in for a world of trouble.

Reading up on the how's and why's of fallout modding will serve you far better and let you play the game you wanna play not some game that some fedora tipping jackass wants you to

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Lol. Don't follow modding guides

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Hahaha wouldn't it be funny if someone installed that as a joke hahaha.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

gently caress. Does anyone have any recs for a piss fetish mod that supports mo2? Serious replies only!

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I don't understand arcganpohbia. Spider bad but spiders with deadly pokey tails are good? How's that work.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Pretty sure the medium pack is a two part download

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Mods should stop trying to sell themselves as dlc sized packages, the last one of those I played was beyond boulder dome, which similarly sold itself hard on being a NV style dlc. Turns out actual developers are a hell of a lot better at making dlc then a buncha basement coders.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

The conversation has moved past it but I'd like to clarify that u have no problem with people making large mods, it's when they try and sell them as the fifth piece of dlc NV never got. It sets unrealistic expectations for the players and the modders themselves.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Yeah keep bounties 3 unchecked until you beat bounties two. I accidentally did just that and had 3 and ones stories going on at once.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Mo2 uses its own ini. There's an option to change them somewhere in the ui

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Y'know you wanna go the extra mile knock maria outta his hands and use it to kill him. It's how I was planning to kill ulysses. He wants to beat me over the head with flag metaphors. I'm gonna metaphorically beat him upside the head with a flag.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

There's a reason he revised the guide. The first version had way too much craft, especially if your going for a vanilla experience.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Yeah. As cool as the idea is I avoid the open mods like the plague for that reason. Just way to high of a chance your gonna be throwing away 20 hours minimum because something broke

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Yes this is why you should be using mo2 with it's virtual filesystems. Delete everything and start over. It sucks but it's the only way

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Arcsquad12 posted:

Yes.

And then when Fallout 4 New Vegas comes out you will be there alongside us to nitpick or to fawn over it. Of the three major New Vegas adjacent mods (New California, Frontier and FO4 engine remake) it's the one I'm most excited for.

One thing I've noticed about New Vegas modding is that it feels a lot more focused than Fallout 4 or Skyrim modding. There's a lot more mods I consider "generally accepted" by the New Vegas community for people getting into modding the game. One mod to alter this gameplay portion, one mod to do this, one mod to do this. I find FO4 or Skyrim a bit overwhelming because you can have multiple mods that try to accomplish the same goals, while New Vegas mods that's a much rarer occurrence, if that makes sense. People find their corner and start building, so outside of companion and player home mods there seems to be less people stepping on each others toes.
I stopped getting excited for those engine conversion mods after I got hyped for skyblivion half a decade ago. None of them are ever coming out.

Do Not Fear Jazz posted:

I have NV for sure. I’m pretty sure I don’t have 3. I feel like this will pull me into a modding wormhole like F4 did.
That's unfortunate. For whatever reason F3 goes on discount a lot less than NV, and less steep discounts too. Not that you're missing that much if you skip the TTW install

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

NV modding is elementary, keep adding mods until you hit the theoretical island of stability.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Hot Diggity! posted:

oh god hahahaha what the gently caress is Frontier

https://twitter.com/TKsMantis/status/1351300776405024768

This is sick. Required if you wanna play frontier

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

House told him to keep an eye on you. He's just doing his job.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Jesus, why does fanfiction have to try and drag down the real games like that.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

They weren't so much a trash fire as they were boring and samey. There's only so much fun you can have making GBS threads a buncha guys in a circle when there's no good story reason or service to back it up

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Didn't he straight up steal most his poo poo from a different youtuber. I swear I saw this dumbass drama somewhere

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It just never stops with this loving mod. Jesus

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

There still time

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Crazy Joe Wilson posted:

7 years for this. Wow.

Goonmod better be better.

https://discord.gg/fAaqjrwx

Not saying your hearts not in the right place but have you seen how poo poo the previous goon mods for games are.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Wherever I hear goon and modding my mind always jumps to the godawful final fantasy 6 romhack that filled it with poo poo memes and references to SA. It drags the median quality down into the loving gutters.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Well maybe they can take another seven years, properly vet the content, and release something good.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Calling it right now. Fallout miami will get pulled with the same problem after release

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

If they did something interesting with the enclave, like have them realize they're getting overtaken by the new wasteland society's and have to adapt, then I think you could make a play at having them in again. Although that would be real close to stepping on the western brotherhood's toes.

I just don't think they've even got a fair shake, they sucked in F2 and they sucked when bethesda reused the same drat plot for F3. I think they got potential but I don't think either obsidian, or bethesda can capitalize.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Those cool chariots didn't deserve to be cut. Looked rad

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

The Master Vs. The Enclave is pretty much F1 writing Vs. F2 writing in a nutshell.

The master is a flawed dude whose been through some serious poo poo. They're honestly trying to make the world a better place, but their actions are misguided and destructive. And if you do the legwork and get proof that their plan is flawed you can confront them and in despair the Master will end his own life. You can seriously empathize with whats happens to the poor dude and how he ended up making everything worse despite his best intentions.

The enclave wants to kill everyone because they're evil, has Dan Quaylye as a vice president. And instead of a challenging combat encounter, that can be subverted with dialogue backed up with facts. You get a nobody with weapons literally called End boss plasma gun. It's a good thing the huboligists exist or the Enclave would be the worst faction in their own game.

Fallout 2 sucks and the F3 version of the Enclave is somehow better even if their plans exactly the same. Probably just because the faction leader is voiced by Malcolm McDowell instead of whomever was doing Dick Richardson. Their armor is cool though.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Nobody Interesting posted:

Ever since I killed the Mr Gutsy in Nipton, ED-E has been making extremely loud metal collision sounds pretty much every time he does anything in an interior location :negative:

Must be the ghost of that poor bot haunting me.

Cannot for the life of me figure out what's causing it or why.

Relaunching the game usually solves a stuck sound

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Anybody got any ideas for a challenge run of NV. So far I got

JSawyer
No fast travel except between cities/Towns
Hard mode
Hardcore mode
Double Hardcore needs
1 in every SPECIAL
10% Exp gain
No Magazines
No quicksave/reload
No Backing out of Dialogue
No waiting
Only sleep in owned beds
No companions except for quest triggers

I watched the Worst courier vid and thought it was interesting but I think we can take it farther.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Gyshall posted:

Disable intense training

I've been weighing not taking it, the problem is I'll not have access to nearly any perks, seems like it might get boring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Magmarashi posted:

When you run out of ammo you switch to a new gun. You can't get rid of old guns or use them if you get more ammo, you have to find a new one.

That's a dope idea, like a modified on site procurement. Really break me of the get the best gun from vendetron and shoot my way cross the wasteland habit