Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Ariong posted:

I've hit a bit of a dead end. I tried installing a tale of two wastelands with FOMM, but the mod manager just stopped responding whenever I tried. Then I attempted to install it manually, and the game stops responding immediately whenever I launch it. I've tried disabling every other add-on and mod including all of the Fallout 3 files, and it still stops responding. Is there some sort of crash report I can access in order to figure out what I did wrong?

Is FOMM actually crashing after a while, or is it just windows saying "Program not responding"? While it's installing it doesn't respond to windows and will act like it's frozen, but it is installing the mod. It just takes a few minutes. If it's actually crashing at some point, that means you need a large address aware FOMM. Most recent FOMM can be found here

e: clarified

Garrand fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Oct 17, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Ariong posted:

Should I uninstall the stuff I put in there manually before I do that, or will it just automatically merge and replace?

I don't know exactly what FOMM does above and beyond just copying the files over, but most of it should just get overwritten by the installation of the mod. If you can, I would just delete the stuff out anyway, just in case, and let FOMM do its thing.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Ariong posted:

I activated the main TTW files in FOMM, and was unable to activate the optional files, being told that I had to activate the main ones. The main ones now have a reactivate option, which don't seem to change anything even if I wait for it to load and start responding again.

I vaguely remember having a problem like this before. In the primary FOMM window are all the TTW and Fallout 3 files boxes checked to load? I'm trying to remember if that was a cause or if I just ended up installing the optional files manually. Make sure TTW and the Fallout 3 files are checked to load and in the proper load order.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Ariong posted:

They are not appearing in the main window, just the two in the package manager.

Oh, so the files aren't showing up in the load order window at all, even after activating?

Unfortunately I don't have NV right in front of me to test. What version of FOMM are you using?

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Ariong posted:

13.21. Looks like the version listed on the nexus wasn't the most recent. I'll download that and try it.

Yeah, give this a shot, I think the newer version solved that whole problem as well.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Ariong posted:

Well, it's progress I guess. That website links here. I'm not sure where I can find the LegacySecurityPolicy attribute in order to change it to true.

put this in a notepad file called fomm.exe.config in the folder with FOMM.exe

code:
<configuration>
<runtime>
<NetFx40_LegacySecurityPolicy enabled="true"/>
</runtime>
</configuration>
It's the only solution I've seen so far, but unfortunately when I did it FOMM just crashed on start. It's apparently worked for other people. If it does crash, I guess try older FOMM versions from github, but at this point I actually gave up trying to get TTW installed. I never actually came across a solution. TTW isn't the only mod this happens on, either.

It only really started after I updated to .Net 4.5, but at this point I had lost my desire to play more New Vegas anyway. I can only hope someone has a better idea/solution.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Ariong posted:

Do I keep it as a text document, or do I change the file name extension?

change the extension

If it crashes, change runtime to startup, so

code:
<configuration>
	<startup>
		<NetFx40_LegacySecurityPolicy enabled="true"/>
	</startup>
</configuration>
and see if that does anything.

Garrand fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Oct 17, 2014

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Since this has gone above and beyond just getting a mod installed, you might be able to get help in the SHSC tech support forum

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

.Net is a microsoft framework. Basically a bunch of code that programs use to make for easy development on Windows. Unfortunately, I guess something has changed recently and is messing with FOMM. I don't know if that's just with the new version, or if it will pop up if you try to install PN on the old version from Nexus.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Ariong posted:

What does it mean when a file's name is colored in FOMM?

EDIT: Can someone tell me what I've got wrong here?

What Psion said; when the name is colored that just means that the mods it's dependent on are missing or are being loaded after it, so, in this case, the EVE ALL DLC mod needs to be loaded before those two.

Garrand fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Oct 18, 2014

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Ariong posted:

Can somebody please tell me how to get weapons with WME mods to appear as something other than a giant red ! please? Sorry for kinda spamming the thread lately, I wouldn't be asking if I hadn't been trying to resolve this issue for some time. All of the troubleshooting guides I can find say that there is a missing mesh, but that's not the case. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the whole mod and gone in to make sure the mesh for the weapon in question is tehre, it is.

Red exclamation point generally means the mesh isn't found. First guess is uninstall and reinstall WME.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Ariong posted:

As I said, I know about the mesh thing and I have uninstalled and reinstalled, to no avail.

I am running the convergence mods linked in the OP.

Sorry, somehow I literally missed half your post.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Are people actually bitching that more than one person has the name Richard Spencer?

e: or do you think that the literal neo nazi richard spencer worked on this mod?

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

A cursory google search (or you know, just looking at their website) shows Richard Spencer aka Dragbody

a modder who has been creating mods on nexus for literally a decade now
https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/users/2803386?tab=user+files&BH=1

I have no opinions about the mod itself as I have not played it but this was satanic panic levels of stupid.

Garrand fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Jan 18, 2021

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

SeanBeansShako posted:

Guess he didn't read the rest of the last page?

loving took me until this post to realize I had misspelled Dragbody even though it was in the screen shot 1 line down, ffs

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Acebuckeye13 posted:

My understanding of the situation is Fallout 4 uses a different format for audio files, so while TTW was able to get away with importing the Fallout 3 files into New Vegas unchanged, converting the files into the new format goes against the ToS.

There will almost certainly be a tool that will allow you to convert and use the OG audio files yourself when the mod releases, but it won't be packaged with the mod or allowed to circulate openly.

It's not so much the conversion itself as that it would be converted and then redistributed by the mod makers which breaks copyright. Bethesda doesn't actually own these audio recordings, they are licensed to be used with the game and thus can't give the mod makers power to redistribute the files. The mod makers don't want to distribute the game with no voiced dialogue and just a wink wink nudge nudge tool conversion or whatever so redoing the audio themselves is where that lands them.

For most Bethesda games I believe, as a general rule, mods aren't allowed to package any actual assets from the original game. Which, as you mentioned, is why TTW just takes the assets from an existing Fallout 3 installation. They aren't actually packaged with the mod, the assets have to already be installed on your computer.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Homeless Friend posted:

i got tired of leveling regularly and just did the quickstart thing (it can be activated anytime walking near doc mitchells house lol) and i was like level 9->12 and it gave me 200 skillpoints ftw. after choosing legion, since that seemed like the most poorly written option, i blew up the courier that delivered the note who is essential for some ungodly reason. So I stole his clothes so he ran away naked. Then the first line that was presented to me was this and I couldn't help but have a big smile lol

"Who are you and how did you get here?"

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Has the name of the pedo guy been dropped? It didn't turn out to be richard spencer, did it?

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Kith posted:

I have been directed to this thread by the following post:

What page should I start reading at?

It's kind of an ongoing saga but if you want to start from the wild accusations about devs being nazis you can start on page 738

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Arcsquad12 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OA8sdg-bg0

New Vegas Modding lives on. The shadow of The Frontier shall pass.

Oh god Cheyenne. This was kind of amazing.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Nobody Interesting posted:

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/71059

Are we making every boss battle a Caravan game now

quote:

The Deck itself consists of 6s, 8s, 10s, Kings, and as many Jacks as possible just to drive any challenger insane. He has a total of 100 cards, and it might actually be impossible to beat him.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

I haven't played the Frontier but from what I've seen, the issue isn't "I want to join the Enclave but can't because they're a bunch of genocidal racists and won't let me" and "the Enclave are apparently recruiting people but my character just wants to call them a bunch of genocidal racists".

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

OldMemes posted:

You could also blow up the Brotherhood's HQ at the end of Broken Steel and make both factions your enemy for literally no plot or gameplay reason otherwise.

I was basically done with Fallout 3 by the time Broken Steel came out so I've ever only done the post game content once and this is exactly how I ended my run. The thing is, I think a lot of the NPCs are still flagged unkillable too, so you can't even slaughter everybody in the citadel afterwards.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

MariusLecter posted:

Freeside Food
https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/71268

Food stores across the mojave?

e;

lol not sure where this is coming from. This is their first and only mod so far.

uhhh

e: I've never actually uploaded anything to the nexus, I'm assuming adult content is just a flag the creator puts on their own work? Is it 'adult content' because it involves some swearing?

PinheadSlim posted:

I'm really wondering what all these swear words and offensive opinions are, they must be real humdingers

gently caress it, gonna install it and find out

Please report back, I'm super curious now

Garrand fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Feb 12, 2021

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

loving :lmao:

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Raygereio posted:

Something neat popped up: A climbing mod https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/71445/

Good, I can finally roleplay as Spiderman.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Xarbala posted:

Waiting on an Elsa companion mod.

Already have the pregnancy mod installed, eh?

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

quote:

Adds a fully functional
yessss

quote:

miniature Liberty Prime companion to New Vegas

awwww

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

I tried playing 4's survival mode until I was just out exploring the wasteland, hadn't found a bed in a while and was just walking up what appeared to be some broken highway when I suddenly just fell right through it and died from falling. I didn't do any jumping or climbing or anything like that, just walking along and saw a thing I could walk up and then died.

Also the fact that I kept getting diseases just from sleeping in order to save, what a stupid loving mechanic.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rinkles posted:

The one questionable recommendation I saw in VNV was New Vegas Redesigned 2 Revised. It doesn't look as offensive as the original version, but I don't really get why you'd make these changes.

my god. I got to this one and just burst out laughing, jesus christ.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

I vaguely remember the dlc adding scaling making dogmeat and Fawkes basically unkillable later on anyway

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Is New California the one ropekid did a stream for and basically avoided any of the writing by playing a psycho who killed everyone?

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Gonna make a mod called TrueSawyer and it's just a garage with 40 bicycles on repair stands

Fallout 4 style power armor but it's bicycles and tiny cars with mounted weapons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

I fundamentally disagree with New Vegas Redesigned's idea that the problem with the character design of women in New Vegas is that they aren't conventionally attractive or wear enough makeup.

yeah, I don't know that I'd trust any mod that thinks this is a needed design change