Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The main appeal for me with ENBs is that they make the game sky much brighter and the terrain looks like the sun is illuminating it. The base game and even weather mods that change the sky box still can't simulate cascading light effects, so the ENB shaders are a decent workaround for the flat lighting of the vanilla game.

The visual mod I'm most interested in is that one called Redone (or Reloaded, I think) which is working on simulating light and shadows as well as improved water effects. Something like that would go a long way to giving new vegas better image depth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I've never encountered a living Bright Follower outside of the RepConn facility, much less one that was still able to shoot at me

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

MonsieurChoc posted:

I tried starting a new game as Kenshiro and it seems like the Viva New Vegas mods skip the screen where you can change display options so unless I play modless I'm stuck with a lovely stretched mess.

That sounds like an ini file fix, you should be able to change display options from in there.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
There is that newish mod that is trying to add real-time shadows to New Vegas. Can't think of the name at the moment. I'd love for global illumination but I'll have to wait for some more cracked out modders to design it first.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
To be honest I leave the texture packs for later and just make sure it launches first. The packs are memory hogs on a game that needs to stretch 4GB if memory as far as it can go.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The constant updates to Skyrim and Fallout 4 made me give up modding them because you'd have the script extender break after every update.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
3rd Person Movement Animations Overhaul

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSrkQDGVEso

neat.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/81060

Ambient Lighting Mod which adds light casting sources to lamps, screens and glowy bits on certain weapons.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNJ1hLeYIys&t=40s

Dramatic Inertia - 3rd Person Movement Overhaul

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I think ENB 47 version 2 is still the most common with a lot of offshoots but really it's whatever you want these days.

That NV Reloaded mod is supposed to be good for adding new effects to the game and fixing a lot of wonky shadows. Not an ENB though.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
It's definitely in ENB

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/84284

Someone looked at landscape overhaul mods and went into overdrive.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The last I heard from Rimmy Down Under the entire NCR quest was getting removed from the re-release of The Frontier. Now from what I saw the NCR quest was really poorly written fanfiction... but it was also the main quest of the mod and featured all of the insane setpieces like the tank battle and the vertibird assault. If they yank that out all you're going to have is an empty map.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The things you didn't realize you needed and then you can't look away.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Beat me to it.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Jocks vs Nerds: The Mod.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Yep, that's the one.

I tuned out of New California pretty quickly. It's not quite the same level of infamously bad as sometbing like the Frontier which gave us Rimmy's glorious "highlights" reel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqZPd29NcSQ

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The Mr Handy hotel murder mystery from Far Harbour got a lot of attention for being very similar to Autumn Leaves.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/85127

Nice rock remeshes.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
It's been ages since I've modded FNV but if you jump through the hoops that the paranoid people at GUNetwork set up to access their asset rip mods you can find some really nice power armour mods that are compatible with Titans of the New West.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
True modding connoisseurs partake of the Slab.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

FrancisFukyomama posted:

Is Denver in FNV still a couple of terrified settlers living on skyscraper roofs bc the floor below is an ocean of angry pups or was that retconned since van buren

The Legion burned through Denver and absorbed many of the tribals who worshipped the dog population. Some tried to fight back like the Hangdogs but the Legion threw the dogs onto burning pyres and crushed their spirits.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

That’s actually cool.

Question for the thread,has there ever been a mod that changes areas once you’ve wiped a faction out?

For example killing the legion at cottonwood cove does absolutely nothing,i was thinking even just set dressing with some crucified or posed legion would be cool.

Even just an increase or path change in one sides patrol would be good.

Try out The Living Desert mod. It adds a lot more NPCs to the world and includes several new NPCs after certain quests complete. Biggest change I can think of is if you make the NCR occupy Primm, they move into the town in force.

Edited to have the correct mod name.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Apr 17, 2024

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
:doh: had the wrong name, sorry.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Put some Yuo Guai up in the northwest of the map or in that high mountain pass behind Red Rock Canyon.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Need more Trainwiz mods. New Vegas Railroads is good fun and it would be even better if you could get run over by the train in the wasteland itself rather than just in the tunnel.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Is there a mod that turns your pipboy radio into an ambient radio like the ones you can find in the wasteland? Wondering if there's a way to let the game play combat and exploration music while still listening to a radio channel. The Battle of Hoover Dam NCR radio chatter is really cool but if you tune into that channel you don't get to hear the kickass battle music.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Also convince Ricky to carry your stuff by blackmailing him about his drug addictions.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
His Level 0 Lonesome Road run is hilarious and worth a watch.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Gaius Marius posted:

Lower your weight limit instead of increasing it. Break the cycle of garbage hoovering

Pack Rat, Strong Back, Heavyweight, Long Haul and Burden to Bear.

It's not about Letting Go. It's about how much I can get away with

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
He's an open book written in Spanish with a few pages missing. He's cool.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Isn't that one fixed by the YUP bug fix?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Radio New Vegas is full of bangers and if you dislike it you can always listen to Black Mountain Radio

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Blue Moon and Why Don't You Do Right?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
They couldn't afford Elvis, so they use Sinatra for Blue Moon.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Old Doggy Bastard posted:

I managed to find Mr. New Vegas' Secret Stash, but I have no idea how to install this into my Viva New Vegas setup and don't even know where to start.

It should be packaged in a way that you should be able to add it to MO2 via the menu buttons at the top. As long as everything is in the right folder it should work

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 19:10 on May 2, 2024

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Old Doggy Bastard posted:

Okay, so I managed to get the three files ( neat, the first one only opens if all three are in the same folder ) and am reading the ReadMe.txt right now. So, downloading Extended New Vegas Radio Generator seems to be a prerequisite but that should be easy. My main question is where Extended New Vegas Radio Generator and Secret Stash will go in my MOD2 loadout.

I dont think it'll really matter where it sits in your load order, as long as the radio generator is loaded first.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I had to uninstall Conelrad after a while because Get That Communist, Joe is somehow even more annoying to my ear than Johnny Guitar.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I dont think the engine could handle that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Electric Phantasm posted:

Will the bicycles also be powered by tiny explosions?

The earliest sprint mods for FNV being powered by explosions remains a cherished memory.