Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

fit em all up in there posted:

Is there any benefit to siding with the powder gangers on a leigion run or should I just stick with Good Springs

arguably if you're planning on role playing as someone who would be persuaded by the legion's philosophies holding up the law beyond a reasonable degree would be the more logical choice. however if you're just planning on being comically evil then sure. mechanically i doubt it makes any difference what so ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

watho
Aug 2, 2013

definitely cool but something that would require a tremendous amount of mesh work to get working with vanilla weapons, and then it would be a compatibility nightmare

watho
Aug 2, 2013

does nvr still behave poorly with dxvk?

watho
Aug 2, 2013

while i definitely agree, to be fair DXVK isn't really an acronym it's just called DXVK. like technically it stands for Direct X Vulkan but that's not the name of it, the name is DXVK

watho
Aug 2, 2013

if you don't care about graphics then you probably want viva new vegas instead of blue moon

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Frankly I'm not sure that Van Buren would have been a good game (Inserting a ticking clock into your RPG which forces players to spend less time immersed in the world if they want a decent ending is obviously extremely counterproductive) but I do enjoy all the lore that was created for it.

same, everything i've read about how the story of van buren was supposed to play out has left me extremely underwhelmed. to be fair that's critiquing a game that never existed and who knows how different the actual game would be from the initial ideas but i much prefer how the elements of van buren got reworked in new vegas

watho
Aug 2, 2013

StashAugustine posted:

I'm playing with VNV including Just Assorted Mods, and while it claims that it makes VATS perks work with bullet time it doesn't update the description. Does it actually work and if so what does it do?

i think it should update descriptions, do you have anything that's conflicting with it?

watho
Aug 2, 2013

StashAugustine posted:

I've got the whole VNV mod list except with sawyerbatty instead of vigor and like one or two additional mods (grenade hotkey is the one that comes to mind). Don't think any of them affect perks

jsawyer in any form probably does, and maybe the various tweak mods do. you can pretty easily check by clicking the mod you want to troubleshoot in MO2 and it should highlight conflicts it wins in green and conflicts it loses in red. however just assorted mods is one big file right? so that would probably give too much info to be useful. try putting JAM at the very bottom of your load order and see if there are different perk descriptions

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Gaius Marius posted:

Lower your weight limit instead of increasing it. Break the cycle of garbage hoovering

the whole principle about how the time it takes to perform a task scales with how much time is allotted to it but it's with carry weight / inventory space

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Discendo Vox posted:

Real chads set carry weight to zero.

https://youtu.be/eZ7MFTBjJS8?si=GbAMzBaZcwHBRB6c