Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Arcsquad12 posted:

I don't know how this happened but Deputy Beagle is now Deputy Bishie.

What mods do you use for that UI?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Arcsquad12 posted:

Darnified UI. Make sure you download the extensions for it off of the Nexus or it won't work properly. Specifically the Font Dummies mod to make sure it doesn't break tables.

Appreciated.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Is there a good alternative to Viva New Vegas? I got a Deck and I don't really know what I'm doing here. Tried going for the Linux MO2 but then I needed protoclicks and wine clicks but got pretty confused there.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Oh, I've done VNV on my Windows laptop and ran a playthrough, but I've no experience at all with Linux and it seems a lot more complicated.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

I just can't get .nxm files to get opened up by MO2 with the deck. Firefox has nxm set to some default "System Handler" for opening them and I can't change it. MO2 has a button for associating it with "Download via Mod Manager" but clicking it seems to do nothing.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

I didn't even think that dragging compressed downloads like that would work. Thank you!

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

hadji murad posted:

Just got New Vegas installed on my SteamDeck. What mods would you recommend for playing NV for the first time in a long time?

Viva New Vegas guide but you gotta reinterpret the instructions for Linux of course.

Though you might want to skip the Overhaul section if you want it to stay close to the original experience.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

RandolphCarter posted:

I wanted to put viva on my deck but man that’s a lot of work, and I am very dumb

Eh I did it with no Linux knowledge and a bit of help from goons, though I had experience ewith doing it for PC too.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

LividLiquid posted:

Anybody have any luck installing Viva New Vegas in Linux?

Yep, it took a bit with the deck because I had no prior Linux experience but I might be able to help out.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

I'd done it before on PC so it wasn't too bad. Just had to remember how to get to the NV folder and I was pretty slow there.

Gotta have hidden folders visible, and the directory for me was home/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/Fallout New Vegas

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

LividLiquid posted:

How did you install mod manager in the Proton prefix? Whenever I try, it installs to my default Wine Prefix in home/.wine.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SteamDeck/comments/wjdfy8/guide_6_steps_to_installing_mod_organizer_2/

This was what I followed for that part. In one of my attempts I forgot to do this step and it was certainly frustrating.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

I've been trying to redo VNV for steam deck and it's not been going well, just trying to install the basic utility stuff. Is the NV install supposed to come with nvse files already in the root folder or is something messed up?

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Tankbuster posted:

You are better off deleting everything and starting again. NVSE should be in the root installation but you have to do it manually.

Was doing the trick, and then I ran into a wall because apparently MO2 won't work with newer versions of the deck OS. Ah well.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Nobody Interesting posted:

I know of no reason MO2 wouldn't work on the Deck. I run it in Proton on my desktop just fine.

It's something that happens to some consoles after 3.4.1 and onwards; when you hit Run, the black console window pops up, does its thing and then it just says "Another instance of MO2 is already running" and won't run. The one fix I found didn't work for me.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Nobody Interesting posted:

Maybe try SteamTinkerLaunch. poo poo name but it automates the MO2 setup.

This wasn't working with my Deck for whatever reason.

I did manage to get past the "Another instance already running" bit, but I've found that it crashes at the first screen on startup every time, and this is before I've gotten to the "Utilities" separator section of the VNV guide. This was all way easier last time I did it.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Question for anyone who's done a Windows to Deck transfer for NV in MO2; the mod list works when I launch through _NVLauncher.exe but launching through New Vegas normally doesn't activate the mods, how can I fix this?

FireWorksWell fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Apr 17, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

ThaumPenguin posted:

Get yourself some item descriptions

Just piping in to say this mod is just delightful