Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

yo would any of these mods have reason to cause unique items (gobi rifle, caesars armor, and olivers clothes) to randomly appear in loot lists?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

lmao look what fuckin Bethesda did now. Remember Autumn Leaves and how good it is? They do!

The creator wrote about it over on moddb as well.

Paid mods are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! seriously all the f4 dlcs are ripping the gently caress outa nexus mods

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

What's the definitive bugfix mod for NV?

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Thanks!

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Is there any way to use a modded NPC face for your own player character?

The mod(ncr overhaul) uses custom textures for the faces it replaces so I think you need to do a bit more than tick the facegen thing in the Geck. But I'm not really sure.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Is there a patch for cco+jsawyer ultimate?

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Crindee posted:

Also unrelated but: this is worth looking through.

The npc overhauls are absurdly good.

i think they're a bunch of stolen assets from other games, which is funny because gunnetwork is an Arthmoor style 'tism menagerie. i do really want know how to make some of those npcs playable. cuz drat.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Mosnar posted:

Re: New California:

If you happen to be running: https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/43055

It will blackscreen and frustrate the hell out of you ..

is new cali as assy as every other dlc sized bethesda mod

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Looking forward to finding elliot rodger's holotapes stuffed inside a locker along with the traditional epic bethesda skeleton

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Absolutely shocking that a woman would say the cum word

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

teh m0nkeh of do0m is sciencing the gently caress out of this fuckshitter!

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

iirc the only thing thats likely to gently caress up a save is if you delete mods with bad/large scripts

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

it would be cool if games were designed without quest markers in mind so everytrhing isnt laid out like a skyrim dungeon

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Max Wilco posted:

So hey, Fallout: The Frontier comes out tomorrow, and I'm excited to give it a shot. I reinstalled New Vegas a while back, and was following the Viva New Vegas guide. I only got about halfway through it (finished the Visuals portion and stopped there). Because of that though, I'm wondering if any of those mods are going to conflict with The Frontier. I know it's not actually out yet, so nobody knows what kind of mod compatibility it has, but I thought maybe I'd post the mod list to see if something like the expanded LOD or whatnot would cause issues.

EDIT2: Oh, I forgot that it was also getting released on Steam. There's is also an Excel sheet outlining mod compatibility: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1haLudyV-q4IXVu3jmJ_KjvF82CmsQDTIiyJXODHsdAs/edit#gid=0. However, it doesn't mention anything pertaining to LOD, so maybe I'll have to toggle that off.

But anyway, who's excited for it? It's been what feels like 4 years since it was announced, and I've wanted to play it since then.

this out yet? anyone got any thoughts

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Literally just came out within the past ten minutes:

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/68009?tab=description

well?

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Skwirl posted:

No one has been able to download it because Nexus is down

smdh.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

this mod's spectacle is really funny considering The Battle of Hoover Dam is 5 ncr npcs shooting at like 3 legion npcs

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

jesus you people are loving stupid lmao

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

its good to instantly assume a whole dev team of people are fash because you saw one incredibly weak piece of evidence for it. psychotic behaviour.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Iamgoofball posted:

Accusing people on an internet forum of psychotic behavior is loving yikes, though. Maybe don't do that?

Maybe don't act like a piece of poo poo then.

lmfao at "ohhhhh i made a fucky wucky with a poo poo accusation :C but dont be mean to me!!! umm yikes!"

Dongicus fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Jan 18, 2021

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Lurdiak posted:

I don't know if you've noticed dipshit, but there are external factors that are making people particularly sensitive to signs of fascist sympathizers these days. People certainly did jump to conclusions in this particular case but it was also immediately defused, so maybe strolling in here acting like a dick is not the best move.

Turdiak, I promise i'll never to be mean to you if in the future you do not accuse people of vile poo poo based on a single piece of weak-rear end evidence.

Rinkles posted:

That might actually be a reason to be more careful about accusations

This essentially. Topic locked.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Jeff Fatwood posted:

Don't call people psychos and then act all high and mighty.

the topic is locked. stfu.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Jeff Fatwood posted:

No. You can contribute without calling people psychos and then being entitled about it.

vvvv two wrongs make a right, I agree. Not the one who called someone a nazi (which was stupid) btw

Noted. In the future:

> [Child at Heart] Ummm yikes! This is very not a cool and good behaviour methinks!

and not

[Medicine 100/100] Seems like you have a behaviour problem.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

mod i liked - real recoil. makes teh guns feel a little closer to how they are in fallout 4

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/41518/?tab=description highly recommend this gameplay enhancement. i have no idea what obsidian was thinking by not having this in vanilla

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

ohhhh noooooo

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

Is it true you once coded a vaccine into Space Station 13 that gave people 200brain damage and labelled the effects "Causing autism"?

lmao

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

its legal to just import the original voice files providing you own a copy of the game but idk if you'd need some kind of software to do that

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Farm Frenzy posted:

still havent played it but every bit of dialogue ive seen is hilariously off. you talk like an internet forum guy

disco elysium with aids

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

theres a really awfully written dialogue option where your character talks like a goon and says some internet poo poo like "the enclave? you mean that fash paramilitary army thats OBJECTIVELY evil?"

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

games goons wrote for this mod 100%

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Crazy Joe Wilson posted:

7 years for this. Wow.

Goonmod better be better.

https://discord.gg/fAaqjrwx

goons are cut from the exact same cloth as nexus posters and discord moderators.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Lurdiak posted:

Do you guys realize the real harm you're causing by jumping to calling this guy a pedophile.

Turdiak.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

you can absolutely coerce and enslave an 18 year old girl but god forbid you want to join a faction of comically evil bad guys with cool armor and big laser guns

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Homeless Friend posted:

"lets talk politics"

"yes, master"

Keep it to the discord, please.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

i will NEVER betray my real life politics in a videogame

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

feel like any time someone recommends mod organizer they have to say its much more complicated when it really isnt and point you to a 40 minute long yt tutorial

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Magmarashi posted:

Yes it's quite a sad day that we might have some small misinformation about the White CJ for San Andreas mod here in this, the Fallout: New Vegas Modding Thread. I am sure everyone who comes to this thread looking for details on a racist mod from a completely different game will be glad we spent the time to clear that up and call the person who posted about it names.

Is there anything to be done about the weird...I'd call it animation, but that might be incorrect, lag when firing an automatic weapon?

yeah god forbid you act like a normal person epic cspam gangtag guy

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

If you want to grudge post about things you should at least get basic facts correct. Those are from Games, as a reference to Streets of Rage, and were given out to people over the summer who donated to bail funds.

oh look another epic cspam gangtag guy lol. stfu

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

PinheadSlim posted:

Does anyone have any recommendations for a clothing/armor variety mod? Specifically one that doesn't require a weird looking body replacement mod?

I want to mix it up but I don't want to replace the normal bodies with uncanny valley big-boobed mannequins.

spice of life has a vanilla bodies patch but its hosted on some shady looking blog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Proletarian Mango posted:

april fools jokes as mod updates should be against TOS. latest version of NVTF will hijack your game and play a rickroll video when you try to load a save. But the update itself still contains actual fixes to the mod. its so loving dumb. dude claims it only works using the internal bink player but i closed the game with task manager and that poo poo was still playing in the background somehow for a solid minute after

lighten up