Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

A Lamer posted:

Out of curiosity, why did you go this route instead of a weapon bone that the silencers/scopes/whatever could be positioned correctly to? As another guy said earlier, new mods have to have all iterations generated because of the separate nif files for each. Seems like a lot of work for both the modders and your artists.

As the guy doing the one big unofficial weapon mod pack thing (roughly 75 guns, 45 melee so far no including variants) for the peeps in this thread and spending the past two days adding modifications to weapons that didn't have them, it's actually incredibly easy to do. I'm an amateur using amateur tools like nifskope and I've been able to do close to 40 weapons in maybe 10 hours of time invested. So long as I have the models and the bits n' pieces are separate like they should be, it's so incredibly easy to do it the way it's done now for so very little time invested. And that's as an amateur.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Capn Beeb posted:

Back in FO3 there was a mod that let you have a pistol type weapon on your hip, and a rifle weapon on your back at the same time. It did nothing but look cool.

Is there something like this for Vegas?

If you can find it, perhaps we can go abouts converting it.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Dickeye posted:

Did the guy who was working on the not-poo poo version of Ahztek ever upload it?

Just want to make sure I didn't miss it.

No, but only because I've made it so much more than just Ahztek's stuff. Currently about ~70 guns are in the pack and it's a combination of weapons that are freely available for NV on Nexus and a bunch that were available but not all that popular in FO3 and I've made most of them moddable using the in-game modding system - even commonly popular weapon mods that don't have them right now. I also added roughly 45 melee weapons which should make you melee people pretty pleased. On top of that I've been rebalancing some of them too and I'm going to have to add iron sights to a bunch of them that lack them. All in all, it's a lot of work and I will likely need a handful of people to help me test and give feedback.

That being said, progress has been slow the past couple days because I've taken a break to work on a custom set of armor for my character which I may also release later too. We'll see though. I'm hoping to make a lot of progress this weekend though because I'm finally done modifying meshes and textures so now it's just a matter of implementing each of them in GECK.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

MadPierrot posted:

That sounds incredible. Thanks for devoting all this work for the community. I've made a habit of collecting every weapon in the game and I just need more.

For the most part I avoided stuff you could get with the 19th and 20th injection mod on Nexus for a few reasons - first that I don't like a whole lot of the textures on those guns and second because it's already pretty big. But combining the two of them will give you a sickening amount of weapons to play with and I do believe I've crossed over with a few. Meh.

I'm not all that smooth with GECK though so for anyone looking for this massive armory to be displayed in the game may have to wait for a very long time unless someone handy with the editor would like to volunteer in that regard. I'd certainly love to have all of them hanging on a wall but if I do it, it will suck :P

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Capn Beeb posted:

Well, looks like you found a Mad Radhu Gumbeer to go with your Jerusalem.

E:

Do any of you guys who use either WME or WMX have floating speed loaders on the .44 once you attach a mod to it?

So annoying :mad:

A bug with the pistol replacement animation mod?

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Actually it doesn't have to do with reanimated pistols--I know this because the speedloader clipping through the back of the pistol became apparent a while back when I was using one of the original WME versions. I'm not sure what the cause is, but I do know that WME's author acknowledged at one point and didn't seem to know how to prevent it from happening.

Hmmm. I'll have to have the people testing when I'm done look out for it too then.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
Determined. Determined! to finish adding all of the melee weapons tonight in GECK. That will leave about half of the guns to do over the weekend. Blargh.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
41 melee weapons added tonight which makes for all of them I think. Bed time now!

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
Anyone know of that TG armor set works with the type 3 bodies? Also, progress has been slow on my all-in-one type dealie since I have a new four legged addition to my family now, but I'm still puttering away here n' there when I can.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
How do I remove Master file dependencies in GECK? I accidentally had Calibr.esm checked when working on my mod and now it's an unwanted master for the weapon pack. I tried removing it in FNVEdit and it didn't work.

Also, if I can get some dedicated time to work on this thing without life pestering me, I'm actually pretty close to finishing this thing for testing.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Schubalts posted:

Right click the .esp in FNVEdit and click Clean Masters. It removes master files that the .esp does not actually use anything from.

Thanks, I'll give that a shot tonight. Previously, I was just trying to delete it to no avail but I'm hardly an FNVedit expert.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Mental Midget posted:

Hi, just wanted to say that I am anxiously awaiting your mod!

I have the next two nights more or less free of the woman so I can do a LOT of the last bit of tedious work remaining. I'm fairly confident I can get it all done by then for testing. And it WILL need a lot of testing... there's a shitload of weapons here and I need to make sure that all of the textures are in place for each one, that all of the modifications are working properly for each one, that they're not too over-powered, which don't have working iron sights (there'll be a few though I think most are good), that the unique melee skills I made work properly etc.

Anyone interested in helping out would be appreciated and in return for the help I'll promise to add any weapons testers want that I somehow don't have in the pack already and aren't in another mega-pack like the 19th/20th injection.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Swartz posted:

Are you going to post a link when done so we can generally test it or are you looking for individuals?
I'm definitely interested in testing.

A few individuals would be preferable at first. Something of this size, it'd be preferable to just get reports from a few people via email rather than spam up this thread with dozens of people reporting the same thing over n' over. I don't expect to catch everything but I'd like to catch all of the obvious at least.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Brace posted:

So, guy whose doing the huge weapon mod, are you planning on adding scripts to make things around the world use these items, or is it just gonna be a crate? it's fine either way, just curious. Also which mods exactly are you grabbing all the resources for the weapons from?

Just a few crates to start, though down the road I (or anyone else) could spread them around, add them to NPCs, make them part of quests, hide them in various places, etc. I'm a pretty open guy and since I'm not doing this 'officially' in the sense that I'm contacting all the authors and poo poo to beg them for permission to reuse the poo poo they begged someone else to use from another game, I'm totally game to anyone else doing whatever they want to do to add to the mod or edit it. I'd be a hypocrite otherwise.

edit: whoops forgot the second part of the question: I'm grabbing them from existing FNV weapon ports and FO3 weapon packs that haven't been ported. I have, however, done a lot of custom work to a great many of weapons that you may already have for FNV to add modifications and make them compatible with the in-game modification system. I've probably also rebalanced them to be more in tune with the stock weaponry so the goal is to have no real super weapons.

Naky fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Jan 28, 2011

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
Hmmm. I'm getting a few errors with weapons regarding DNAM in FNVEdit. There's nothing specific, it just says DNAM. Any ideas?

edit: ah, I think I have an idea what it doesn't like. Tentative 'nevermind'.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
Ooookay, what I thought FNVEdit was bitching about wasn't right and am thoroughly confuzzled now.

Basically, a few of my weapons have this error:
Effect - Mod 3 -> <Unknown: 0>
Effect - Mod 2 -> <Unknown: 0>
Effect - Mod 1 -> <Unknown: 0>
Above errors were found in :DNAM -

And a few have the same error, except there's random numbers in the unknown parts that seem to have nothing to do with any of the values within the weapons themselves. I thought it had something to do with the weapon mod portion of the guns, but some of them don't have ANY mods to them and are simply blank so I'm not entirely certain what the issue is.

Unfortunately, until I resolve this I can't ever clean my mod of the Calibr.esm master since FNVEdit won't save it due to those errors. :(

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
Welp. Looks like it might have been a bug in FNVEdit. Upgraded to the latest experimental build and I no longer have any errors in the mod. Bizarre but whatever.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Mental Midget posted:

Go man go! :D

P.S. I PM'd you my email address if you're in need of additional testers.

Got it and you're now added to a list of a grand total of... 2. Heh.

edit: for those interested in helping test this thing and are too shy to post your email on the forums, you can email me to my mostly useless gmail account at naky.rules@gmail.com. Don't use it for a whole lot of anything so I don't care about spambots collecting it.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
Yeah, I was in the same boat for most of those same reasons. At some point I'll probably start pulling some of the better weapons from the bigger packs to put into this one, but I more or less am forcing myself to focus on what I already got to prevent 'feature creep' issues. 20th Injection is nice, but it has a lot of weapons with some awful textures in it. Anyway, back to the grind.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Brace posted:

Hey cream, how can I change this rifle(AW50) to fire like the Gobi(no manual chambering required) and just have a small period between shooting? Right now I have to pull the pin back after I fire, similar to the Anti-Mat rifle, and I want it to fire without having to do that. I've already tried to edit the Fire Rate (to 1.00), and the Attack Multipler(to 1.6500), but now it just reloads the round really fast, instead of removing that animation all together.

What's the reload animation for the AW50? The Gobi's is ReloadC whereas the AM is ReloadO. Try changing it to C.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

While you're at it, I'm wondering if changing the reload animation is even necessary...you might be able to get away with just changing the attack animation. If you try this, let me know if it works.

Yeah, the only reason why I mentioned it is that sometimes things are fluky, especially with mods. You never know how they're animated and I've been fooled before. Either way, altering one or both should technically fix it.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
Bah. I hate odd quirks in GECK. No matter how much I rebuild this one mesh and resave it, it constantly causes GECK to crash which leads me to believe that it's not the meshes' fault. Oh well, I'll just have to leave out this particular mod variant until I fix it or alter it.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Umph posted:

What I really need is a tommy-gun mod. The one I tried from the nexus holsters weird.

I ported one a long rear end time ago, but drat me if I can remember how it holsters. It is, however, not in my pack. I figured the one in 19th/20th injection is probably done better than my early port back when the game first came out.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Umph posted:

I will check it out, though I just grabbed a ton of armor mods so the mobster phase maybe over before it started. Oh and is your pack released?

No, though I'd like to get the first release to the testers today.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
Wow. Just did a final count of the weapons: 98 projectile/energy (not including modded variants), 41 melee. I feel like I should remove one melee and add two more projectile weapons just to round it out. The hardest work is all done now, just to do the final balance tweaks to the remaining guns left in GECK, place my testing containers in the world and start putting together the first testing package. Which will be huge, even if I am using a LOT of stock resources.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

FadedReality posted:

I was loving IWS until I found this. I think I'll come back when I'm not level 3.

Click here for the full 1600x900 image.

That's in the stock game.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Amstrad posted:

Alternatively, add two more projectile and nine more melee. If you give me a list of your current melee weapons I might be interested in modeling up a few additions.

That'd be badass.

- Alabama Slammer
- 4 different full handled fire-axe style axes
- Boker Applegate
- Exacto Knife (yes, really)
- Colt Machete
- Crowbar
- Crude Sword
- Dragon Blade (curvy dagger looking thing)
- 3 different kinds of switch blades
- Gerber Gator
- a guitar
- Goalie Stick
- 3 different kinds of hatchets
- hockey stick
- Ice Pick
- 7 different katanas/tantos/wakizashis
- spear
- Spiked Bat
- one Spiral Reamer sledge maul thingie
- 6 different western styled swords
- Tracker (machete I think)
- TS Inc (knife)
- Wrench

I've been meaning to go look for some punch dagger type things for the hand-to-hand fans even if it meant I go rooting through the Oblivion mods too, but you're welcome to do whatever you like to add to the list. I like the unique weapons like the sticks. Cricket bat is almost a must now so you can live on with your Casey Jones dreams.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Amstrad posted:

Tentative list in roughly the order I intend to work on these:

Trench Spike (I can make this using existing assets so this'll be a quick one)
Cricket Bat
Claw Hammer
Tonfa/Nightstick
Jutte
Shaolin Spade
Kama
Scythe
Pick-axe
Mace
Kanabo
Sai
Shuriken
Power Drill

Further suggestions welcome.

That's pretty awesome dude.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Amstrad posted:

One down.

That looks awesome. My only real request would be the Riddick styled punch daggers for hand to hand users. They're badass.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
Thanks to the guys testing my pack, we've found a lot of little issues here and there and I'm slowly but surely pounding them out. The most common are iron sights related but I'm getting them worked out. That's it for tonight though.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
Out of curiosity, anyone know of the/a fix for the slightly tilted gun mesh when iron sighting? I've got about 4 revolvers that are iron sighted correctly as far as I can tell, but the mesh in game appears to be tilting to the left while the bullet fires straight. The mesh is fine and the iron sights also seem to be fine, so it's driving me crazy. If I can resolve it, I basically have another 4 or 5 perfectly working guns in my pack...

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I think this issue came up before and Ropekid explained how to correct this. You might be able to dig up an answer in the old NV Modding thread.

Thanks, I found it by trial and error but now I know for the future. (Uncheck Don't Use 1st Person Animations)

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Roman posted:

Ok, NVSE loads ONLY if I disable UAC and run through Steam. Disabling UAC and running through FOMM (which does recognize NVSE is there) doesn't work. Would installing Steam and/or FOMM outside Program Files (x86) do anything?

Probably as I have steam and thus NV installed to a separate partition with Windows 7 64 and don't have any issues with NVSE. Perhaps the thing where Windows restricts file permissions is interfering with the two.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
I've got a fully modded out and iron sighted P226 in my weapons pack. Which is being tested and fixed this week with so far no issues found on the melee weapons and over half of the nearly 100 guns more or less fully functioning and iron sighted (though some may require tiny adjustments down the road once I finish the entire pack).

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Gyshall posted:

Also someone added Robocop's gun. I'm pumped.

Comments say it's missing both meshes and textures, plus it's textured like poo poo. I'm almost scared to see the animations.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Apotheosis posted:

Would it be possible for you to tell us what weapons are going to be in the pack? It sounds awesome.

I'd make a list but it would take some time to type out and I'd rather spend some of that time fixing the iron sights on some of the remaining weapons and other issues. Perhaps one of the testers could list them? Oh, and there's a list of the melee weapons a couple pages back I think.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

LvK posted:

That's "Franchi".

Hey, don't look at me, it's spelled right in the mod :)

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Dickeye posted:

Please make it available outside FOOK. I hate when poo poo gets rolled into it.

You forget who and what you're testing for? :P

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Arc Impulse posted:

Also, I'm looking forward to trying out Naky's weapons compilation when it's done. It'll be nice to get some new guns that aren't horribly animated/textures/overpowered/etc for my game. :)

I've tried to keep only good quality stuff in the pack. If it makes you feel better, I've nuked no less than three weapons so far in the testing process for questionable quality reasons and I'll do more as I go along if it warrants it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Apotheosis posted:

I found a snappy suit, but something seems to be missing. I need a few snappy hats to go with it. Does anyone know of a mod that adds new hats to the game? I searched the Nexus but only found stuff like army caps and boonie hats. And a pair of cut-off jeans for some reason.

Look around Fallout 3 mods too. It's fairly trivial to add new armor to NV.