Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Swartz posted:

Playing through yet again with many mods, but I'm missing a mod that I'm hoping somebody has made (and I'm unable to find).

Is there a mod where after giving caps to a vendor, you can kill the vendor and get the caps you spent back? Sorta a cheat, but I think it would be fun.

I don't think so. The way vendors work in Gamebryo games is that their inventory sits in a hidden chest in the world, usually outside the boundaries, and that's where stuff you buy and sell goes to including your money. I think they do it this way specifically to prevent people from doing easy mode vendor killing for easier crafting/selling elsewhere/money grabbing.

That being said, there could be a mod that changes that whole system but I don't think I've ever heard of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
If you like DUST, give Vicious Wastes by Slippy a look over too. It didn't get the exposure and attention DUST has but the author is very active in working on it and is highly concerned about compatibility.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Swartz posted:

Thanks, downloading now :)

Since I don't have Platinum yet: did Millenia ever give permission to use his models/textures in Stalker after LURK died? I know you were going to ask but I don't know what came of that. He always said no to using his work in Stalker, but that was before LURK died, and since then I've seen plenty of mods using his work without permission, not to mention the site Gamebanana where anyone is allowed to use and modify his work for any game/mod without asking him. I'd like to have his permission, but I'd rather you ask as I get the feeling he'll say no to me like before :(

Actually, I tried to contact you via the old email address I used to contact you before but you never responded. I can definitely ask him and if your artist is creating his models with the normal baking process he might even be interested in texturing a couple of your original weapons like the AA-12 and such. But he only does weapons that use the modern normal baking process. I can't promise anything on either front but I can always ask. Either way, if you feel like releasing your weapons for FNV after your first release for STALKER, hit me up and I'll convert them for you with or without Mill's textures for you to release on Nexus.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Magmarashi posted:

I would seriously pay one of the talented weapon makers we have for a Reaper DMR from Planetside 2 or the Lawbringer MK II from Dredd

Meh. You might be able to contract someone to make 'em. Those I work with don't really do commissions though.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/35262/

You're using this loader for the 4GB exe right? It's the one NVSE's website recommends.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Woolie Wool posted:

Someone converted the Bianchi LMG to Fallout New Vegas?

I did, ages ago. For The Armory.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
Gamebryo isn't even really at fault. It's more of a graphical front end that Bethesda bought the source code to and forked off for their own purposes. The logic engine behind it is what everyone has an issue with over the games and it's what really didn't change much with Skyrim aside from a new scripting language and other minor improvements. Even the updates they did to the graphical side of things for Skyrim isn't half as impressive as the current non-Bethesda forked version of Gamebryo is capable of doing. Honestly, all of the tech programmers working for Bethesda are just incompetent and/or lazy. Same goes for their animation department. And art department. And writing. Okay, so the whole damned company is incompetent and lazy. How their games are so massively successful all these years must absolutely infuriate better studios with better and more technically sound games and game engines that don't do as well. There's a kind of sick injustice in the whole thing, really.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
For survival poo poo, check out Vicious Wastes on Nexus to see if it's what you're looking for. The author's quite active in working on it and is steadfast on making sure poo poo stays compatible with a wide range of mods via scripting, something a lot of the other survival/rebalance type mods don't do.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Agents are GO! posted:

Apparently, TrainWiz is working on a New Vegas mod. Anyone who posts in the Skyrim modding thread knows how much I love his Skyrim mods, so you'll understand that I am super goddamn excited.

I converted the NCR RR train thing for him to use and rigged it up so it could, in theory, be animated at some point if someone had the knowledge and willingness to do it.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Klaus88 posted:

http://wiki.step-project.com/User:EssArrBee/FalloutNewVegas

I think this is the most up to date list of graphics and texture enhancements you're gonna find, unless I'm wrong/misinformed/insane of course. Just go down the list and cherry pick what you want. Mind you, I'm new to the modding thing.

Add that with most of the poo poo from this guy. Taurus' stuff should be the kind of stuff added to the OP. Most of his mods are great stuff and most importantly he covered the retexturing of most of the guns Millenia didn't want to do. He also retextured a lot of the vanilla enemies too.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
I believe you may have to regenerate the LOD files to correct it but I could be wrong.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
I believe the generator in Lombard was to open the door for the room (behind the flag) that would have had the weapon wall support for The Armory. Which then turned into Weapons of the New Millenia support through King of Swag's updates. Which have since turned into nothing to my sadness. I really want a home mod that adds in weapon wall support for WNM. Badly. I didn't make WNM a master for nothing and yet nobody has released any worthy support plugins to my annoyance.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Antistar01 posted:

Wasn't the generator in Lombard Station intended as in-joke at the expense of the overly complicated (but optional) generator system in Underground Hideout?

I haven't actually tried Lombard, but I seem to remember reading that here.

It was, but if I remember my conversations with Omni right, he was going to make it functional too.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

BurritoJustice posted:

I'm somewhat disappointed that paid mods are gone because I legitimately think it should be an option for mod developers (donate buttons don't really work), but I'm more happy its gone because now everyone will shut the gently caress up about it.

Donations work just fine on Nexus as they always have since it was implemented a year or two ago, but as always it's up to you whether or not you want to donate. In terms of WNM (Weapons of the New Millenia), Mill has offered to split donations with me a while ago and I've refused. He deserves and has earned most of any donations we get anyway, which is still very little if you're curious but we don't really care. If nothing else, this whole paid mod thing has increased people's willingness to actually donate to good mods that are well done and provide lots of content to users. Ironically, I would bet that we got more donations in the past few days than we have in probably the past half year. It's not why we do it but it's appreciated and goes towards paying for licenses and plugin fees and such. And alcohol, I'm sure.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Delacroix posted:

What's the difference between the 2.9 and 2.5 versions of The Armory? The weapon table in the directory looks like it only applies to the 2.5 version.

100+ more weapons or so, but some are broken.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

GaistHeidegger posted:

Is there a good solution for getting the Cowboy, Grunt, etc. perks to recognize appropriate arsenal from Millenia and similar fare besides just making manual edits to a FoMOD list? There is a small Millenia 'grunt compatibility patch' which runs a script to try to insert them but I did not have much luck with it and it only addressed a small portion of the weaponry.

I added them to those perks via script where ever they are applicable. For example, I put revolvers and some shotguns into cowboy, and I only put widely weapons actually used by militaries in grunt. I don't just add everything in either because not everything meets the perk's description.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

2house2fly posted:

Melee and unarmed weapons generally get ignored by modders

They're ignored because they're by far the least popular weapon releases. The knives that we've done are unquestionably the least popular weapons we've ever released. Nobody plays FNV to swing a sword around, they have Skyrim for that. Hell, even pistol releases aren't that popular unless they're very iconic, i.e. 1911, USP, C96.

Also, despite the vocal minority that screams about immersion and lore friendliness and wood frames and all that jazz, the more tacticool a weapon is the more popular it is.

We've definitely noticed several trends over our many, many weapon releases and those are just a couple of 'em.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
Just to warn people, we're letting the happygeckosoftware.com domain die along with the hosting so whatever's been hosted on there is going with it. That includes The Armory. It's been a dead project for a while and the month stats for the site have been pretty low so we're yankin' it. Unfortunately that means some of the other hosted stuff (that's linked in the OP) will go with it so I don't know if people want to up it all to a mega or something somewhere but that's up to you guys.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I can't remember but isn't LPAM hosted on there too?

Yeah, and a couple others like Simple Street Lights and such too I think.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
edit: nope, most recent update to firefox fixed it. NEVERMIND.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Missing Name posted:

Are there any mods which remove muzzle flash from suppressed weapons?

You can't change muzzleflashes via mods because the muzzleflash is based on the projectile type that's chosen for the weapon. I have a custom suppressed muzzleflash effect on weapons that are integrally silenced but otherwise you can't really do it. Maybe via scripting or something but I've never even heard of someone trying that project.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Promontory posted:

I installed Vurt's flora overhaul, but the better trees look out of place with the default textures. NMC Texture Pack wants me to install the Nexus Mod Manager. I've already got FOMM and the 4GB .exe: can I make these things play nice with each other, or should I start all the mods from one launcher?

Also, the link for Lombard Station in the OP still appears to lead to a defunct site. Is there a mirror for it?

Check back the last few pages. Raygereio rehosted all of the HGS links to MEGA but C-O-P hasn't updated the links for them yet I don't think.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

LumberingTroll posted:

It's been a while since I played FNV, whats the deal with Lutana NVSE? does it replace the regular NVSE?

No, it's a plugin for NVSE that expands the functions mods can call upon with via NVSE.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Yasser Arafatwa posted:

On the other hand NV actually has an identifiable aesthetic and isn't a bunch of completely unrelated set pieces randomly scattered on a world map that you get with FO3. It's such an absolute trainwreck of a "world" that doesn't mesh as a cohesive place at all. Which is incredible given what they had to work with in the capital.

So much this. FO3 feels like 20 different small teams built certain portions of the map by themselves and then as development got closer to the end, they just pieced them all together like a lovely jigsaw puzzle. On one hand, some people might argue the vast differences between everything is part of what made things so interesting but on the other, when you really, really think about it - absolutely nothing makes any sort of cohesive sense what-so-ever.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

2house2fly posted:

Does anyone use Micalov's Weapon Pack btw? I really like the look of the weapons but when I installed it my game got noticeably less stable.

No, it might actually be the mod. The problem with a lot of mod authors, especially with weapons/armor that are created by nifskoping, is that most of them aren't aware of all the little things that will cause crashes and instability when they make them. If you're not careful when you copy and paste parts around and such you can easily create what I call garbage strings and other oddities that WILL cause random crashes and such in the game. Over time I've learned to see the signs and avoid/correct them but I imagine most mod authors wouldn't have a clue.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
Boris doesn't give a poo poo about FNV and I believe he's officially stopped updating ENB for it as well.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Tabletops posted:

So I have WMX and weapons of the new milennia installed, however it seems like many of WMX's 'generic' mods (by bullet caliber) don't work with them?

for instance, the GSh-18 is a 9mm handgun. i have the 9mm silencer (which will attach to both the 9mm pistol and submachine gun) but wont attach to the gsh-18.

Did I miss a compatibility patch or do these just not work how I'm thinking they should?

That's not at all how it works. WNM has its own modkits for its own weapons, as will any other weapon mod that is released separately. WMX presumably only works with stock weapons though I suppose any mod maker that chooses to use it as a master could also draw upon its modkits as a resource for their own weapons.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
Most people seem to recommend revisiting FO3 through FNV using TTW though. Far more stable and with some work FNV mods will work and cross over into the capital wasteland too.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Saint Sputnik posted:

There are also alt start mods that give you the choice when starting a new game of being in New Vegas first, which is what I like to do. For one thing, thanks to the laziness of many modders, you can grab enough gear to single-handedly destroy the Legion before even leaving Doc Mitchell's house. No way I'm going to play through Fallout goddamn Three in its entirety before getting that sweet poo poo.

I'm not lazy, I put it there to test and also for those that want to play with the weapons right away. I always place everything in the leveled lists too though.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

I AM BRAWW posted:

Game stops responding when I try to leave Doc Mitchells house.

Any ideas?

Based on that list, I'd guess Electrocity. It's got a poor reputation for stability and bloat.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
CASM is basically the only required first-time-playing mod for FNV, so yes, install it and only use it.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
Last I talked to Swag on Steam, he requires some functions to be added to NVSE that still have yet to be done to properly do things IIRC. He says he wants to finish the project but without them it's not worth doing I guess.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Nehru the Damaja posted:

I seem to be getting a lot of repeat tracks on the expanded Mojave Radio. I'm just loading the esps in order from 20 to 100. Anything I might be screwing up?

Esps? I believe you're only supposed to use 1 esp.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

UberJumper posted:

Is there a decent flashlight mod? Flashlight NVSE doesn't seem to work.

Even if it did, it's a huge performance drain.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

UberJumper posted:

I just want to be able to see ~1+ meters in front of me at night :smith:

The guy responsible for coding the underbarrel weapon code for the next update to WNM is also looking into making a flashlight mod for flashlight attachments without killing performance. Hopefully he's successful because that'd be really nice to have.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Al Cu Ad Solte posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhqMcb0IBH4

At 1:30 the player flip cocks the lever-action shotgun. Any idea what mod does that? If there is one, might be custom just for the video.

It's one of Hitman's animations, you can find it in his animation resource page on Nexus. I will take some credit for it though for being the one to suggest he do it :D

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
Possible someone reported it? An author of one of the items that happens to lurk this thread maybe?

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Capn Beeb posted:

Nope, he kinda got a life so :rip:

Kind of like me and the next update to WNM. TBH, I'm tempted to throw everything together, half finished or not, and toss it out the door. Let the community finish what it will. I honestly don't give a gently caress about FNV, modding it, or maintaining one of the most popular weapon packs for it any more.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

SpookyLizard posted:

stop loving using nexus mod manager

I'm so sick of saying this on Nexus and arguing with morons on Nexus as to why NMM isn't the best mod managing tool in the world and they always somehow seem shocked to find out there's alternatives and that those alternatives are actually better. Then most decide they won't use the alternatives anyway because they're lazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Yeah, that's basically what happened. It almost won FOTM too.

It's okay, a few of my other releases got FOTM. :D