Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Floodixor posted:

Super surprised to see Matthew Perry as Benny, too.
Yeah apparently Perry was like straight-up addicted to Fallout 3 to the point he got carpal tunnel from it so it was cool to see him in New Vegas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Isn't that girl like eighteen too? and like, very recently turned eighteen? ugh

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Lurdiak posted:

You definitely don't do a lot of Courier-ing during the game. I kinda like the mythos of the couriers in general, how they're these dudes that are neutral and off limits for almost every organization in the wasteland, cuz being able to reliably get poo poo through the danger zones without asking questions is an invaluable service.

I really like how they even justified it for the Legion. They try not to crucify couriers because it's entirely possible they're secret Caesar gestapo on a case, great touch

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Arcsquad12 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOjCGyzx46Q

Oh God this just keeps getting worse hahaha

is this whole mod an elaborate prank? her mutation is a known, natural disease and also having red hair as an asian?

jesus christ

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Midnight Voyager posted:

Also the particular Brotherhood group she references were fine with mutants, so...

and she turned eighteen like three days before the courier showed up to sweettalk her into being his sex slave

never gonna touch this lovely mod lmao

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

You didn't join, they still shot laser guns at you every time you saw them. But you could enact the robot presidents genocide plan despite the fact that since you were born outside a Vault it would also kill you lmao

To be honest don't get why so many people (other places, not here) are so hung up on not being able to join the Enclave in the Frontier. They are literally nothing more than fascists. At least the Legion has an in-setting reason for the way it behaves. The Enclave are just a holdover mishmash of 90s parody of American conservatives and obvious Nazi allegory. They've been killed to pieces multiple times and should never show up again tbh.

edit: Wait nevermind I just realised why nerds would want to join the fascist faction

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Lanius mentions Denver too, specifically that it was a huge pain in the rear end to conquer and they didn't get much out of it

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

IronicDongz posted:

do you understand that people in openworld RPGs frequently play evil characters

no yeah I get that it's just that it makes no sense for the Courier to join the Enclave because they're literally Nazi's who will kill you with sci-fi blasters for being gentically inferior. I guess I'm focusing too much on narrative and not enough on just, like, fun. But I dunno, Enclave fans tend to skeeve me.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Rinkles posted:

The beginning hour or two when you're scrounging to survive are fantastic, though.

Are there any mods that extend this, or even revamp the progression of Dead Money in general? Because it's absurdly easy to get to the point where you're swimming in BAR ammo and stimpaks and it really takes the wind out of the desperate struggle feeling that Dead Money tries to foster

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

The Stealth Suits being there are a reference to Van Buren I believe. The idea there was that Chinese agents first released the New Plague at Hoover or something like that

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

I want a mod that makes Dead Money harder honestly. I always find myself oversupplied with bullets for the WW2 gun and stimpaks, but then I have to fight myself to keep from looting every single thing in my path. Of course at the same time I wish you could get a shotgun way earlier, it'd be very satisfying to blow those Ghost nerds away and as far as I remember you can't get one until the hotel suites.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Does YUP restore all the stuff they had to remove from the base game to get consoles to run the DLC? Because if not I'd probably recommend one that does. None of it was removed for creative reasons but the world is very empty without it.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Gaius Marius posted:

You have a car in 2

Nuclear powered though

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

I know a guy who played through the entire Mass Effect trilogy but let his girlfriend make all the decisions which worked for them. Good luck with a solution lol, Vegaspilling people ftw

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

I still can't believe famous nazi Richard Spencer was the lead developer on the Frontier. Fuckedd up....

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

ThaumPenguin posted:

Ever since the 2.0 update it also gives you an entirely new set of animations, including wielding miniguns and rocket launchers and such in one hand

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1znOwGTCh7s

Some of those animations are very goofy in a very good way, this rules

FrancisFukyomama posted:

I still wonder what the end game reveal was going to be with the NCR, since the design docs say that by the time of the game Hoover Dam hasn’t heard from shady sands in months with the implication that something terrible has happened

I don’t think rest of the docs mention it so it could have been an abandoned plot point from early on

Gonna tell this to NV purists mad at the chalkboard scene and watch their heads explode lol

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

LashLightning posted:

They're not gonna care, because they're New Vegas purists and not Project Van Buren purists. Presumably the P:VB purists have already exploded over the changes to the Hanged Man becoming the Burned Man?

'Van Buren' was going to have a settlement scaling the Hoover Dam itself, if I remember correctly, and more of it was going to happen in Arizona rather than mostly in Nevada.

The main/final antagonist was going to be a pre-war scientist that had survived by cryogenically freezing themselves, as I understand. They were looking to infect the wasteland population with the pre-war 'blue flu' (said flu leading to the creation of what was the precursor to FEV) as to trick a pre-war weaponised satellite into bombing the wasteland, leaving the scientist to take control, along side some other scientists frozen/held in a pre-war facility.

The pre-war scientist looking to use pre-war weaponry to 'wipe the slate clean' became Father Elijah scrabbling about for something to exact his revenge against the NCR, and the other pre-war scientists' facility became Big Mountain and the Think Tank.

That's crazy

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

I've been trying to find one that reopens Quarry Junction after the Deathclaws are dead for ages lol

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Dongicus posted:

that being said, van buren probably would have been bad, just like fallout 2, 3, old world blues, lonesome road, 4, 76, and the fallout tv show.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

It's hard to believe there's anything worse than New California lol

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

esquilax posted:

My dudes it is a Bethesda game. I haven't played without immediately typing in "player.modav carryweight 1000" since Oblivion.

I'm not going to sort through every random enemy's inventory for the stimpack. If I need to haul around 50 extra Merc Grunt Outfits so be it.

I will try this thanks.

Lol. Frankly all you Weightcheat Maxers end up doing way more inventory management than us Default Chads because you have to sort through a list of ten thousand different knockoff SPAMs and Cactus Fruit to find one RadAway whereas we have nice simple lists

Diagnosis: skill issue

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Cooked Auto posted:

Yup, that's me. Got to have at least one set of every armor in the lockers just because I can while I use something completely different with silly armor stats because the modder goofed up.

Obsessively collecting every single unique weapon in the game but only ever using a single pistol ftw

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

I was serious. I'm gonna drop a grand piano on this guy for using a console command

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Coming back from the Sierra Madre with to my stash of 134 Fission batteries and realising I never did the dialogue options to unlock counterfit chips lmao

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

There's a scripted moment where Kick in the Head plays the first time you enter The Strip but I doubt that's tied to a quest stage

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Are there any mods that give some kind of identity to the Jackals and Vipers lol. I did install one cool armour pack that inserted armoured vault suits into their levelled lists which was nice. Sure it makes no sense that they'd still be wearing them after almost 200 years, but I don't care

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

NickPancakes posted:

Mojave Raiders makes the Jackals and Vipers more tribal, and adds a lot more raiders in general. No idea how much it does to give them more unique identities from each other though. It's well liked and considered well made, but it's definitely a difficulty boost too, so bear that in mind.

Aight thanks, I'll try that. Hopefully the vault suit from that mod I use still shows up in their lists cause I really like that. Maybe I'll learn GECK to make sure of it. Also lol that's the guy who ripped off ropekid's mod