Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

Wasn’t that mod as creepy as the frontier it just didn’t get any press for it at the time? I remember that a girl sexts you using the vault internet and also the writing being fallout 3 tier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

I thought FCO was decent since it gave you new character presets that were less potato face-y and also didn’t have any creepy poo poo going on

On the subject of oblivion engine face gen I admire how ropekid clearly pushed the engine to its limit to capture the hosed up shape of Johny five ace’s face

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

v1ld posted:

What weather/lighting mods are you using? That's a pretty good night scene.

Wish we had a better flashlight mod than Flashlight NVSE, though it's great to have that of course. Especially all of the cool options the modder did - it's just sad that the light itself is nowhere near as good as the mod for FO4, Pip-Boy Flashlight. I can get STALKER like vibes with the latter mod, since you get a well defined cone and filter effects to simulate different flashlight glass effects.

Took a quick look yesterday at what it would take to port the FO4 mod back to FNV and it uses lighting tricks that don't seem to be available in FNV: it defines new lens flare and god rays that throw the light in a cone, then applies it to the pip-boy light source. Very cool and simple, doesn't even use NVSE.

NV doesn’t have dynamic lighting which is why there hasn’t been a flashlight mod. That said, New Vegas Reloaded apparently adds dynamic lighting and shadows so you might be able to make an actual flashlight mod using it

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

I kinda wish someone would redo real time settler now that there are so many nvse updates. It’s interesting but the last update was 2011 so it’s extremely wonky

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

I was mostly hoping Boulder Dome would have some good new objects to blueprint with RTS, honestly. I also lived in Boulder county for a long time and have always been fascinated by Van Buren, so I'm curious to see the location.

I picked it over Autumn Leaves because there were a bunch of notes for that one about bugs, and it looked like it used vanilla objects mostly, but I could be wrong about that.

You should install this mod if you want rts blueprints, you can use it to make a classic fallout 1/2 town https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/63635

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

NVR having actual dynamic lighting means we might finally be able to get a real flashlight mod for NV and not just a flashlight that doesn’t actually light up anything and works by causing 20 muzzle flashes a second at whatever you’re pointing at

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

are there any mods that expand on melee mechanics by adding stuff like parries or directional attacks having different effects? I never played an elder scrolls but I imagine oblivion had more in depth melee combat than NV though it sounds like they stripped a lot of the code out which is why we also never got a cowboys on horseback mod

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

Rinkles posted:

it looks a little all over the place and not at all what was missing from DM, imho

Is that one that straight up added amnesia monsters and the scrake from killing floor

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

TTW 3.3 was apparently complete back in October with the only thing left being to make an installer for it. I’m going to hold off until then to start a new run

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

I’m hoping NVR gets finished bc dynamic lighting would mean we can finally get a functional flashlight

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

Gaius Marius posted:

You have a car in 2

I think the military trucks that appear around NCR bases are supposed to be functional lorewise they just aren’t in game bc lmao a functional gamebryo vehicle

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

Anyone tried that new wabbajack ttw mod list? I’ve wanted to get back into NV but some of the features on that list like removing fast travel sound tedious

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

Is RTX Remix not compatible with New Vegas? I was trying to find some tests with it but as far as I can tell no one's attempted it. the lighting system in New Vegas is pretty awful and it'd be nice to have real flashlights and dynamic lighting

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

will it eventually get compatibility? Oblivion seems to have it and thats a pretty similar engine

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

It's already happening. Not on Nexus yet, but it's actually kinda... good? Although it's still got visual bugs and it definitely hits performance pretty hard.

Is it still being worked on?

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

Does anyone know if there’s a more modern version of Real Time Settler? I love the idea but it was last updated in 2011 and clunky as hell. You’d think there’d be more clones of it considering Bethesda liked it so much they ripped it off for fo4

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

This YouTube channel has some crazy stuff. Here’s the FO4 weapon mod system and an in game map editor https://youtu.be/ui-5Geztlfw

https://youtu.be/0J2QwGzn3pg

Man, the editor could be so good if someone were to mod in the settlements system. NV has real time settler but it hasn’t been updated since 2011

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

Anyone have any mod list recs for ttw? I’d like to have something that gives me all the essentials that I can then build on top of

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

I was actually thinking about wabbajack or that nexus mod list feature since I really don’t want to spend hours doing a manual setup.

Obv that’s not ideal but I’ve spent way too long on modding the game instead of playing it

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

I actually bought nexus premium for a month so I can just painlessly install via wabbajack bc the last time I tried to get back into NV it took like a week to get all the mods installed

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

https://youtu.be/WED4EFV4pVQ?feature=shared

Here comes more than 3 weapon mods per gun!
(Also released by the same guy in the last few days: true akimbo where you can dual wield any gun with any other gun: previous fnv dual wielding weapons were just normal weapons that had a dual wielding animation so they didn’t actually involve dual wielding)

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

watho posted:

definitely cool but something that would require a tremendous amount of mesh work to get working with vanilla weapons, and then it would be a compatibility nightmare

Hopefully once the documentation and the like come out it’ll explode

Every single custom weapon having its own animation set sounded implausible when knvse first came out and now it’s harder to find generic animation sets than it is to find weapon specific ones

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

Light Gun Man posted:

if you aren't adding mods until the roads start to have eyeball and teeth textures on them occasionally are you even really modding

One time the sky texture in my game somehow got swapped with the teeth texture and the night sky were just red gums and pearly whites

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

What is is with new Vegas mods that all the writing tops out at fallout 3 level

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

Do Nexus Mod Collections work like Wabbajack where you can just click install and it does it all for you? I want to play some NV but I don’t want to spend 10 hours modding it or pay to use wabbajack

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

Is Denver in FNV still a couple of terrified settlers living on skyscraper roofs bc the floor below is an ocean of angry pups or was that retconned since van buren

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

Rip, it seems like in broad strokes NV is what fallout 4 would have been if van buren got made since the legion is up and coming in it and the main conflict is the NCR vs BoS over Hoover dam

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

Defiance Industries posted:

NV reuses some of the same ideas (particularly the BoS breaking down from isolation) but I think the main story was very different. I do wish we could have seen the Hoover Dam from the design documents, though.

I still wonder what the end game reveal was going to be with the NCR, since the design docs say that by the time of the game Hoover Dam hasn’t heard from shady sands in months with the implication that something terrible has happened

I don’t think rest of the docs mention it so it could have been an abandoned plot point from early on

FrancisFukyomama fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Apr 16, 2024

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

Didn’t van buren also have a thing where the pc was a carrier for the plague so while you’d have to show the scientist enough thriving communities to convince him the world wasn’t worth ending, if you spent too much time trying to fix things you’d infect them?

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

Still wish the next Big Mod Project for NV was a van buren remake if only so the modders don’t try to write anything and stick to the competent design doc world building

There was a van buren themed mod called beyond boulder dome and it was frontier level writing. Painful to go through

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

Is there a vnv equivalent for TTW? The main wabbajack lists also stuff your loader to the gills with extra stuff which means you don’t have any space to add your own