Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.
I cannot for the life of me get the Extended New Vegas Radio Generator mod working properly.

I dropped the mod files into the proper folder, dumped my songs to be converted into the MusicToConvert folder, did the mp3 conversion and the ogg conversion per the instructions, renamed my files per the instructions, ran the utility to set my number of songs and create the .esp file and ... nothing. Not only does the extended radio give me silence, so does the original New Vegas Radio when I switch the mod back off and remove the files.

Anyone else encountered this? I'm not even sure what could have gotten overridden to break my source game, given that all that appears to have been added are folders. I feel like I'm just missing a setting someplace that I need to toggle back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Lege posted:

I had this issue too, fixed it by regenerating the .esp with a proper track count (instead of the default 1000). Try doing it without including the blues, classical etc. tracks.

I've tried that, but I still get silence even when I set the track count to be lower than the number of songs I have made available to it.

After doing more testing, I realize that while my PipBoy radio will no longer play music tracks on the Radio New Vegas channel, I can still hear them playing on the various external radios that populate the game world.

Irritating.

The mod author is of course, no longer interested in playing the game, and if you question his code he insists that everything works perfectly and the problem is obviously *your* fault because you didn't follow his barely-english pseudo instructions in the readme to the letter.

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

I finally got the Extended New Vegas Radio Generator up and running.

I did a purge and re-download from Steam this weekend to see if that would fix the problem. (It didn't).

After screwing around with audio settings, driver versions, game settings, and file formats, I finally identified the problem. A single corrupted registry entry which was preventing the proper audio codec from running.

Since the in-world radio uses a different file format than the PipBoy radio, it was never impacted. The newest build of the K-Lite Codec Pack managed to overwrite the error and kick everything back to life.

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

MonsieurChoc posted:

Yeah I got everything, so I'm guessing it's something to do with the VNV set up.

Edit: Also Tale of Two Wastelands doesn't work because the launcher file didn't appear in the drop-down. :shrug:

Edit: Fixed it by nuking mod manager and reinstalling everything from scratch.

Edit Edit Edit: No hair.pparently this is due to current AMD drivers? Fuckin hell...

Yeah. The no hair thing threw me too when I did my most recent reinstall. I had to use D3D9_Generator-50470-3-0a to make a fake DX9 dll to trick the hair back into existance.