Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Black Eagle posted:

Which of these mods works best with Project Nevada in terms of content and especially performance: WME, WMX, or The Armory? (I'm guessing that this The Armory is what's frequently referenced here.)

I was about to ask exactly this. So far I've only gotten Project Nevada, Nevada Skies DarnifiedUI, some random armor packs (tactilol woo) but haven't added anything in terms of weapons and I'm looking for something to fill that gap. This is going to be for a new fresh Hard Hardcore run that's going to be mostly loving about and slowly exploring the world with no real focus on quests.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

If new guns and exploration is your thing, might I suggest AG Supplementary Uniques? It hand-places over 60 unique weapons to the Mojave. The nice thing is, all of the guns are moddable, and they're not "god weapons." You've got everything from ramshackle Mauser carbine "frankenguns" to AMRs rechambered for 20mm. In my opinion, the author's done a lot to make the guns look really interesting using predominately vanilla assets.

I'll have to take a look at this later but just noticed The Armory has a nice STALKER starter kit which is exactly the kind of playthrough I was going for (sneak/sniper rifle) so I'll see how hardcore mode+PN get along.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I think I broke the weather

This is Nevada Skies.

Also, on FOMM I get an "Error" message on the Web Version tab in the Package Manager for some mods, but the mods themselves work fine in-game. Should I be worried?

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Jul 17, 2011

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Terpfen posted:

Reinstall the sky textures.

I deactivated and reactivated the mod and it appears everything is back to normal but yeah that was going to be my next step.

Is Realistic Repair the go-to repair overhaul mod? I'm looking for something not retarded when it comes to repair while still keeping the need to repair every now and then. And would this work with Armory/modded weapons?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Man, Nevada Skies makes the night oh so good

And using this armor, which in combination with Project Nevada gives me both thermal and night vision makes running/sneaking around in pitch black fun as hell.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Is there any mod that shortens the distance rifles and other big weapons are from your back when you're not using them? Because it's ridiculous how far back the weapon floats.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I noticed that this problem doesn't even manifest until you start wearing certain types of armors. For example, the Ranger Combat Armor seems to cause your rifles to be slung differently than if you were wearing basic leather armor. And even after you remove the Ranger Combat Armor, your weapons continue to be slung all hosed up.

Man, it wasn't until I put on the Ranger Combat Armor and switched back that I noticed it. What the gently caress how do I fix :ohdear:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

So I posted about this little issue not so long ago

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I think I broke the weather

This is Nevada Skies.

Also, on FOMM I get an "Error" message on the Web Version tab in the Package Manager for some mods, but the mods themselves work fine in-game. Should I be worried?

Which comes and agoes whenever it feels like. I can deactivate/reactive the mod and it'll fix it but then after a couple of days it'll start doing it again. Any ideas?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Capn Beeb posted:

So some dumbass thought it wise to trap me in a bunker, then lock me in a cell. I promptly picked the lock and got him in the cell with me.

TONIGHT ONLY, MOJAVE WASTELAND WRESTLING BRINGS YOU THAT GUY VS. SOME DUMBASS :bahgawd:

You put a blade at my neck it only makes me madder :ssj:

KA. LI. MA.

KA. LI. MAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

BAH GAWD HE PUNCHED RIGHT THROUGH HIS CHEST :bahgawd:

:owned:

Oh god wait what has he got what is he doing someone stop the drat match!

*crowd roaring, bell dinging*

Boy, that bounty pissed me off so much since I had NOTHING on unarmed and took me a bit to dodge him / find my poo poo.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Anyone have any good settings for PN that will keep the game challenging without letting you turn into a walking God yet at the same time not make the game crippling-gently caress-you-hard?

I went with the default settings in PN for the most part and at level 30 I'm basically just dumping points on skills I don't care for since I have 90-100 on almost everything. And thanks to The Armory, I have more money than Mr. House since a lot of the weapons you find tend to sell for quite a bit. So I'm thinking of cutting this playthrough short and rush to the ending (going with NCR) and then starting a new run that will only allow me to focus on one style of playthrough.

Also, is there a way to begin at a higher level? While I do appreciate the intro and early stuff, being terrible at everything for the first 1/3 of the game is more of a slog than a challenge.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Huh this is a fun one. My game now CTD whenever I enter Gomorrah and get asked to turn in my weapons but only if I go ahead and choose either of the two turn-in options while carrying the Q-35 (unique plasma). :wtc:

If I drop it outside and go in the checkup goes fine. But trying to walk in with the Q-35 = crash. My load order if it helps any

code:
FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
The.Armory.esm
Project Nevada - Core.esm
Project Nevada - Equipment.esm
DarNifiedUINV.esp
CASM.esp
Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp
Project Nevada - Dead Money.esp
Project Nevada - Honest Hearts.esp
Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp
NewVegasBounties.esp
Advanced Recon Armor.esp
Desert Armor.esp
epock.esp
NEVECbodysuit.esp
Project Nevada - Desert Armor Patch.esp
TGsArmorCollectionVegas.esp
The.Armory.Leveled.List.esp
The.Armory.Performance.Killing.Ballistics.esp
The.Armory.Cabinet.Addon.esp
The.Armory.Honest.Hearts.BasePatch.esp
The.Armory.Honest.Hearts.WPPatch.Vanilla.esp
The.Armory.Stalker.Pack.esp
Realistic_Repair_NV.esp
LFox Bottle That Water.esp
CourierHideout.esp
Nevada Skies - URWLHH.esp

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Ok so I'm about to start yet another playthrough and after recommendations from CoP here's what I'm changing in PN

code:
Difficulty - Normal, Hardcore Off
Weapon Damage Skill Influence - 50%
Ammo Rarity - 10%
Leveling Rate - 66%
Skill Point Penalty - (-4) 
Minimum Damage (DT Bleedthrough) - 15%
Alternative Repair ON
Now other people have mentioned both leveling and endurance multipliers. Where do I turn/change these and to what values? I only skimmed through the PN settings but didn't see them.

Also, what exactly does alternative repair change? I already have a repair mod (Realistic Repair), would this conflict with said mod?

And since I'm not doing a hardcore run (just finished one and while "fun", it just became a chore and sometimes broke the pace of my short gameplay since I work 80% of the day) should I make up by bumping the difficulty to hard or will the PN settings make the game hard enough?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I'm actually thinking of doing a no-repair skill of this run. Just basically use a weapon till it starts giving me problems then switch to whatever I find in the wastes or buy a new one but thanks for the info on the repair stuff.

Yeah, I'm removing the healing effects of food so I guess I'm good to get this next run started. I think I'm going to go with small weapons and melee and play opposite of how my previous runs have been (long range sniping / energy weapons). I imagine will come in handy with ammo being more rare.

Oh god what should my special be? Leaning for S(8)P(4)E(5)C(1)I(8)A(8)L(7)

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Aug 2, 2011

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Colt AR-15 Magpul for main weapon with a Colt Machete for CQC.

Guess what his name is. It's Colt :clint:

Now to find a hat...

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Pikey posted:

What's a good set of mods to run if I want to shift he game towards more of a post-apocalyptic survival game? I've just got project Nevada installed right now, will playing that on hard/very hard be enough? Also, is there a decent house mod that has a quest associated with it? I like the in game houses but it's annoying that you have to get so far in the storyline to get one, even if you have the pre-requisite reputation before that.

I really like Courier Hideout. It has a nice little "quest" where you go find the other people that lived in it and you get a nice custom rifle from it as well.

It's also a small yet useable hideout, not a "oh this courier actually has his own personal mega vault that rivals everything in existence".

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Does anyone prefer or still use VATS with PN's bullet time as an option or do you disable bullet time?

Because I love bullet time. It let's me do all the vats "aiming" without pausing the action. It also let me (on my last playthrough) to never bother with any VATS related perk.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Nevets posted:

This picture has a distinct lack of spiky fluorescent hair and physics enabled 34F breasts. You obviously haven't been paying attention.

You forgot half a dozen underaged katana wielding companions.

Also, I'm really, really liking Project Reality over Nevada Skies.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Ostensibly, I'm not sure why it's considered an adult link. It's not like it's a boner mod or Sonic cosplay rape simulator.

That being said,

This is the breadth of dialogue options for the companion. It includes such titillating subjects as, "I have a book I want you to read." and "I want to manage your clothing." Obey me, Wendy. Read this book on religion and wear what God commands you to! Now, place this boner mod on yourself and have sex with that buff Ratchet from "Ratchet and Clank".

You know what, having a companion with a different set of skills that you can improve by use and upgrade with books (like the courier himself does) is actually a pretty cool idea and I think improves on the whole companion mechanic by making them more useful outside of combat. Everything else about the mod is retarded though

EDIT: The house this adds is pretty loving awesome

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Aug 6, 2011

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Chronojam posted:

Welp. I apparently hadn't found that option yet :q:

I really dig the skill system and tagging skills; it makes sense that if you train a companion as a locksmith, they can handle that for you if you bring them along but without the "This companion has perfect lockpicking, survival, free repairs, 100 in guns and a custom auto sniper rifle!" that most mods that think about skills bring along. Plus using a notion of loadout slots for weapons, that your NPC can get better with instead of locked stats, and actually denoting what/when the NPC has acquired a target.

It's far more functional than sketchy. Because it's the Nexus there is little hope of also getting the guy you rescue from the Khans as a companion, but it'd be fun to roll with those two plus Boone as a small NCR detachment.

The actual functionality of the companion is loving awesome. Everyone should try this mod. Also, no horrible VA! It uses the few lines the character already has here and there and for everything else its just text.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Capn Beeb posted:

Thanks for those houses :) Also for you folks using the 4GB executable with NVSE and Steam, are you still able to capture screenshots with F12? I got a bunch, but the game crashed and there were were no new shots at all in my folder :argh:

Nope. It'll take them but you'll need to open the screenshot tab in the overlay and manually save / upload them before closing.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Arrath posted:

This Machine with JSP ammo was my choice weapon for, well, anything big. Only the stupid tough lakecavelurks in AWOP gave me any trouble with that gun.

JSP?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I'm looking for a mod I'm pretty sure there is but I can't remember the name for it so I can't find it that basically let's you have hair when wearing the OWB helmets. Anyone know the name or have a link for it?

EDIT: Nevermind, found it

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Sep 24, 2011

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Has there been any talk about the Signature Armor & Signature Weapons mods? They sound pretty awesome for those that just like to go through the game with 1 set or armor/weapon though the weapon level-up sound like they will basically turn a good weapon into a woops 1-shot that deathclaw by grazing its toe level of ridiculousness.

Though I imagine using PN to tweak combat/damage settings you may be able to find a challenging balance to keep combat from turning into "shoot bullets unto the sponge monster/raider/robot"

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Roman posted:

I made 3 files that fix the weapon clipping on the backs of the Ranger Combat Armor, the Desert Ranger Combat Armor from Honest Hearts, and all versions of Riot Gear from Lonesome Road. All I did is check the "Uses Backpack" boxes on all the armors so the rifles are reversed in position like when wearing Power Armor. Simple fix many of you could do but I put it up for convenience.

http://www.mediafire.com/?fntcc1bh8c4aa0e
or http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=44125

I was just about to look for something like this tonight. I just got the Riot Gear (at level 2 :q: ) and was going to be very mad if I had to see This Machine clipping through it throughout the game

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Yeah that's um... I'm not sure what the gently caress is going on. I mean, I suppose that's pretty normal for Nexus but still :what:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Is there a mod that let's you travel to the Sink from anywhere?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

thepopstalinist posted:

Oh hey the last update for Project Reality has been posted, if anyone's into it.

I really enjoy this mod but there's no reason for nights to be absolutely pitch-loving black.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Zorak posted:

Ok, I absolutely cannot get the Fallout New Vegas Radio Extender thing in the OP to work right at all. Any time when a track I've entered comes up, it just... doesn't run it. At all. I even tried using one of the premade things like the And More Of That tracks, and it just plays silence when one of those tracks comes up.

This mod adds a balcony (with map marker) to your Lucky 38 suite. It's about as unobtrusive as you can go without outright teleporting inside the room without going overboard and adding a billion things.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Brace posted:

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=44266

Goons...

Are you responsible for this?

Pros of Autism:
-Enhanced reflexes
-Heightened senses
-Quick draw/reload/fire
-Telekinesis
-Poison immunity
-Flame-proof
-Super strength

Cons of Autism:
-People think you're creepy/weird

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Well the game finally donwloaded and I'm now beginning to download and organize my mods. I want something challenging without adding too much.

My core will be what seems to be the goon favorites of:
- PN
- JSawyer
- CCO

Am I understanding things right that these 3 will play nice with each other? Is there a particular load order I should keep in mind with them?

I'm still trying to decide if I want to add anything else as far as armor and weapons. Have there been any good mods this year? Steam says I haven't played since October '11 so I'd love to know what I may have missed.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

For The Armory, do I need to check anything besides the Main File or would I need to at least pick the Main Leveled List to ever see the weapons?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

All right, I'm starting to have issues gameplay wise. I don't have a whole lot installed. Mainly JSawyer, PN, CCO, and The Armory with a side dish of IWS. Everything I've left on default settings

My issue is that combat is simply not fun. At all. I'm still getting a grip of how skills and perks work with this setup (skills go past 100 now? whaaaa?) but with 101 on guns my rifle spread is way too loving much to the point where I can't hit anything further than 10ft. away. I meet the STR requirement for the particular weapon and also the gun skill for it. food/drink/sleep are on 0 and it's just frustrating basically burning through the already scarce ammo because I can't hit anything.

So my question is, which mode is affecting this? Is it The Armory's Ballistics or CCO's Gameplay? Is it Sawyers and who the gently caress thought this would be fun? I basically want a deadlier game where I can be killed as fast as I can kill where I can be rewarded for putting bullets where I'm aiming rather than hoping to god my skills will land the bullet where I want it.

EDIT: I'm going to take a wild guess and say most of the changes came from CCO so I'm getting rid of that and trying a new run and see how it feels.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Aug 13, 2012

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Yeah it just caught me off guard. I need to re-do my load order (and restart yet again) with this in mind and maybe focus on melee for a little while and stick to only the varmint rifle until I find a better gun to choose as my signature weapon. Or maybe make the varmint the signature for a while. This should work for load order so everything plays nicely while having JSawyer as the main mod (aka last to load, right?)

code:
FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
ClassicPack.esm
MercenaryPack.esm
TribalPack.esm
CaravanPack.esm
The.Armory.esm
IWS-Core.esm
CCO - Classic Perks.esm
CCO - Follower Tweaks.esm
CCO - Gameplay Changes.esm
CCO - Damage Resistance.esp
CCO - Perk Rebalance.esp
The.Armory.Leveled.List.esp
The.Armory.Leveled.List.Dead.Money.Patch.esp
The.Armory.Leveled.List.Honest.Hearts.Patch.esp
The.Armory.Leveled.List.Lonesome.Road.Patch.esp
The.Armory.Leveled.List.Old.World.Blues.Patch.esp
The.Armory.Performance.Killing.Ballistics.esp
IWS-Core-Patrols.esp
IWS-Core-Guards.esp
IWS-Core-Civilians.esp
IWS-DM.esp
IWS-HH.esp
IWS-OWB.esp
IWS-LR.esp
GRA - The Right to Bear Arms.esp
SignatureArmor.esp
SignatureWeapons.esp
jsawyer.esp
CCO - CP JSawyer Patch.esp
CCO - GC JSawyer Patch.esp
ProjectRealityMkIv5HDR.esp
The Mod Configuration Menu.esp
DarNifiedUINV.esp

Total active plugins: 42
Total plugins: 43
EDIT:

All right new character

SPECIAL: 4/5/4/5/5/9/8 - good at shooting and nothing else!
Traits: Skilled / Fear The Reaper - half DT is certainly going to make things easier.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Aug 14, 2012

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

He has the compatibility patches in there I think
(CCO - GC JSawyer Patch.esp, CCO - CP JSawyer Patch.esp)

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Arenovalis posted:

Finished the Jackhammer, will release when Naky finishes the plugin.

Man I used to post a couple of Fallout 3 videos of me just doing stupid poo poo and one of my favorite ones is the one with the Pancor Jackhammer. Bullet Time + Pancor = BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Benjamin Black posted:

Oh good god. The load order to use CCO, Nevada, and jsawyer all together is a god damned nightmare, and the CCO readme doesn't cover jsawyer.

Edit: I wanted to use Mod Organizer like I do with Skyrim, but fomod support is still in its infancy stages for MO and a lot of fomod scripts seem like they'll be particularly hard to adapt. I guess I'll just use FOMM for now.

The way I have it:
code:
FalloutNV.esm
DLCs.esm
CCO - Classic Perks.esm
CCO - Follower Tweaks.esm
CCO - Gameplay Changes.esm
CCO - Damage Resistance.esp
CCO - Perk Rebalance.esp
jsawyer.esp
CCO - CP JSawyer Patch.esp
CCO - GC JSawyer Patch.esp

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Benjamin Black posted:

You seem to be lacking all of the DLC compatibility patches I think? Both CCO and Project Nevada have quite a few, and CCO even has a compatibility patch for one of the compatibility patches..

An excuse to start yet again, I say. Though I just checked the PN & CCO pages and saw nothing else besides what I have aside from the CCO/jsawyer compatibility poo poo I already have.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Aug 20, 2012

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Traveller In Time posted:

Here's my load order with that setup, if it'll help you at all. All the mods work fine and I only get about 1 crash per 6 hours.

http://pastebin.com/pub1aH13

This isn't loading for me, anyone has it available? I figure I'll be mod hunting for all the compatibility poo poo I'm missing tonight.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

MariusLecter posted:

Amazed that I have such an itch to fire up Fallout NV again and jury-rig as many mods as I can throw in to the thing still to this day.

I'm up to getting NVSE installed and having FOMM seeing it. However, all I want are just a few mods to add some weapons and armor and maybe tweak the gunplay a little bit? I just want to go through the game again without changing too much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Jorge Bell posted:

Project Nevada is a nice mod that adds simple poo poo like grenade hotkeys, toggled slow-mo with AP, and sprinting with AP. Also comes with (all selectable optionally) weapon/armor packs, an expansion to the implant selection, and uhhh some other stuff.

I tried but then switched to FOOK because I remember using Nevada the last time I went through it. Keeping pretty simple so far, that and fellout, darnified, and the weapon mod expansions. It’s giving plenty of options on the weapons department though I haven’t seen many / new armor yet. Probably because I’m still low level and I just got to Vegas and now I’m going with my patented let’s do everything else first before talking to Benny.

The nights in fellout are way too loving dark, though. That’s not how night works! My only gripe is that I want to do everything so my skills are currently going all over the place instead of focusing on 1 or 2 things first.