Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell

ilifin posted:

Is there a way to respec in F:NV? I kind of hit the wrong slider for four levels... dear extreme differences in mouse sensitivity between ingame and in the menus: kindly gently caress off, I do not need Unarmed.

The mouse sensitivity screwup is caused by having mouse acceleration on. Edit your ini or be lazy like me and use the Configator to remove mouse acceleration.

As for fixing your build:

Here are the console commands you need.

Probably you want to do:

player.modav unarmed -30
player.modav smallguns 30

or something similar. This example will reduce your unarmed skill by 30 and increase your small guns skill by 30, just like you had spent the points yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Brace posted:

Also I seem to be crashing pretty frequently when changing cells, if I go into a store or go to a different part of freeside, the roulette spinner will stop at a certain point, the music will start looping and the game will freeze up.

Load order:

FalloutNV.esm
Machienzo - NPC Cosmetic Fixes.esm
SCAV.esm
Weapon Mod Expansion.esm
CASM.esp
CONELRAD 640-1240.esp
w44Satchels - Full.esp
UnlimitedCompanions.esp
Weapon Mod Expansion.esp
Nevada Skies - URWLified.esp

I get the same crashes, only just infrequently. I assumed it was due to Ojo Bueno textures and me cranking up the fade out distances, etc. to levels the engine wasn't designed to handle. I've listed the only mods I use that overlap with yours, though I've got Simple Street Lights which is sort of like ElectroCity Light.

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

counterfeitsaint posted:

Does anyone have any experience using Extended New Vegas Radio Generator? I can't get the batch files to work for the life of me. I downloaded the 100 songs from More Where that Came From - FNV, but I've got like 14 or so songs I'd like to add to it. I can create a mod with the original 100, but converting/adding the additional songs seems to be impossible.

I put the new songs in MusicToConvert and run the first batch file, nothing.
Run the batch file as administrator, nothing.
Move the batch file into the MusicToConvert folder and run it, nothing.
Move the batch file *and* the MusicToConvert to a different location that doesn't require admin rights to modify, error.
Check newvegasnexus, nothing.

I haven't use the batch converters, but whenever I write a batchfile and it doesn't do what it should, the first thing to do is run each command manually one at a time in a regular cmd window so you can see the individual error messages as they come off.

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Farm Frenzy posted:

what do people think of New Vegas Restoration? it seems to be a mod that adds tons of poo poo to the strip and cleans it up?

The Lone Badger posted:

It looks nifty but soft-breaks some main quest stuff and may cause instability (not certain about that).

I've been using it, the way to avoid the main quest bugs is to only load it after you enter the strip for the first time. So you want to go through Freeside, use your passport / credit check to be admitted, enter the strip and go walk through all the interior gates down to the NCR embassy, then go back to the lucky 38 and do your business there, then walk out of the strip back to Freeside. Then you can load up NVR and go back in and marvel at all the pretty lights and poo poo.

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

counterfeitsaint posted:

Apparently very soon is today! Yay! Has anyone tried New Vegas Restoration and New Vegas Freeside Restoration? They look kinda pretty to me, but I'm hesitant to use a bigass mod like NVR on the first day. I'm still seeing weird things with the new PN patch.

Edit: Welp, nm. I guess they just released version 10, and decided to post the patchnotes for (the unreleased) version 11 instead of patchnotes for version 10. Because that is the most useful information and it belongs at the top of the page. :downs:

I just started using Feng Shui and well....poo poo. I think I may be in trouble. The only custom house I've ever used is Lucky Suite 38 Expansion in the OP and now I find myself in need of much space is precisely decorate with guns and trophies. What's a good house mod that isn't ridiculous but still has all the essentials + lots of room/tables/shelves to display things? Bonus if I can dismiss companions there just like the Lucky 38.

You bastard, I read your first paragraph and rushed over to their page to try to find the new version instead of reading your whole post first.

I do use New Vegas Restoration and it (mostly) works great. Just make sure to hold off on activating it until after you get into the strip and the lucky 38 the first time. I guess they changed the cells or something since a few quests don't fire properly unless you've visited the 'original' strip. I just wish they added more NPC's, with the interior gates down it feels much more open and it makes the population seem smaller.

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

I'd rather have a smaller selection of mods that make sense then a ton of options for each that are stupid for the sake of numbers anyways. The same type of mods repeating between guns makes sense because there's only so many sensible things you can do to make a gun better. Though I would like to see some unique energy weapon mods. My next char is gonna be EW for sure.

I loved energy weapons in Fallout 1-3, but in New Vegas you have all the really cool reloading ammos, not to mention the nostalgia factor of using lever action rifles or breech loading shotguns while dressed in a 19th century duster.

I'm using Reload and while going through the process cast different caliber bullets, and having to lug a round reloading dies / only reload at home does annoy me somewhat, having different chambered versions of the same weapon is pretty cool.

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Pong Fiend posted:

I just want to thank you guys for making me aware of mods and making my game look so amazing!

This picture has a distinct lack of spiky fluorescent hair and physics enabled 34F breasts. You obviously haven't been paying attention.

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Double check that you have the correct DLC versions of your mods. I know alot of mods have different flavors based on what DLC you've bought, and you may be getting a conflict using a vanilla mod while you have the DLC installed.

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

The Saddest Rhino posted:

EDIT: nvm

You probably already figured it out, but one thing I noticed was the "better 'that' gun" mods - you had two mutually exclusive versions turned on. Alot of mods still require you to pick between one of several versions all included in the same rar file.

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

The guy who did the Reload mod works in ammo manufacturing / design, and he put a huge amount of (mostly unnecessary) detail into that mod, including bullet weights and rescaling weapon damage numbers relative to a projectile's kinetic energy. I suppose you could use his numbers to reverse engineer muzzle velocities, but I can't say how accurate it'll be.

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

I just started using it and some of the features are pretty annoying, I especially dislike the fact that it's split up among 4 different locations. I want my player home to have everything (crafting/reloading/bed/storage/etc.) within about 30 feet and no loading screens. If the consensus is that it's bloated and unwieldy it should get bumped from the OP, or at least have an alternate suggestion posted with it.

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Capn Beeb posted:

The Survivalist Bunker has weapon walls? Speaking of that mod, every time I leave it a Nevada Skies storm starts. Every single time :psyduck:

What is the version you're using? In the comments section the author says he found and fixed a bug in a door script that was causing the weather to change. This was supposedly fixed in the May 8th version (1.22)

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Kgummy posted:

What is that stuff in the top right of your screen?

As an aside, I don't really understand the point in adding film grain. Of course, that could be because my brain seems to automatically add it in to everything I see. I'd gladly trade someone with normal vision for this film grain vision. :v:

You're not the only one, ME1 gave me a headache until I turned it off and I haven't played any game with it turned on since. Looks great in stills though.

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Everytime I replay this game I find something new, like these two burnt corpses in Nipton.

Their names are Owen and Beru

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

counterfeitsaint posted:

I have two issues.

First, I installed New Vegas Restoration and Freeside Restoration during my last playthrough, the character had already been in Vegas for some time, and had no problems. When I started my new character I remember reading that NVR could bug out quest hooks or something, and it was necessary to disable those mods until you reached the first time Vegas, so my new character just reached vegas and is inside the Lucky 38 suite, I turned them both on, and now the game will crash every time I click the Info button on my pipboy. Disabling all the restoration mods stops the crash. Anything I can do to make these mods work again?

You might want to leave The Strip/Freeside completely, save & exit, then enable the mods and travel back. Being inside the Lucky 38 might not be enough.

counterfeitsaint posted:

Second, new character is primarily energy weapons, but I've been having problems with sights on the laser rifle/pistol. I can zoom in with the rifle, but when I fire it puts the gun in my face so I can't see anything but the back of it until I release the zoom. The pistol isn't as bad, but it does cover the targeting sights when I fire it zoomed in. I just installed EVE to see if it would help and also because it looks pretty cool. With EVE enabled, everything is the same except the rifle is in my face all the time when zoomed now, not just after firing. This isn't a big deal since I just got a scope for the rifle and the pistol is pretty crap anyways, but I'd be interested in to see what's up. My guess is it's either Project Nevada or the Weapon Retexture Project (which I guess has no esps or esms as it doesn't show up in my load order, but it's installed via FOMM mod list).

Edit: One last question: I'm downloading NMC's texture pack now. After I get the massive files, do I also need to download the patches, or are the patches included?

Did you get the Weapon Animation Replacer? It changes how your guns are held when drawn too, it might solve that problem.

And yes, the huge NMC files are version 1.0, the patches bring that up to 1.3, so you want them.

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

I've been screwing around with changing the fonts, giving the game a more Wild West theme. If you like it I've attached the fonts I'm using and what you'll need to edit your ini to. I'm using DarnUI so you'll need that (not sure how they would work with MTUI or an unmodded set of HUD xml's) and running at 1920x1080, I don't know how well they'll work on smaller resolutions.

The only thing I don't like about it is the HUD fonts. They need to be fixed width and have upper&lowercase, but I couldn't find any fonts like that with a western feel, so I went for an old printing press typeface.

code:
[Fonts]
sFontFile_1=Textures\Fonts\Duality_Outline_16.fnt
sFontFile_2=Textures\Fonts\Duality_Outline_18.fnt
sFontFile_3=Textures\Fonts\West_Test_Outline_16.fnt
sFontFile_4=Textures\Fonts\SmithyXY-VeryHeavy_Outline_14.fnt
sFontFile_5=Textures\Fonts\Fixedsys_Comp_uniform_width.fnt
sFontFile_6=Textures\Fonts\SmithyXY-VeryHeavy_Outline_16.fnt
sFontFile_7=Textures\Fonts\I.F.C._LOS_BANDITOS_Outline_24.fnt
sFontFile_8=Textures\Fonts\Glow_Futura_Caps_Large.fnt
sFontFile_9=Textures\Fonts\NVFont_Test.fnt
http://www.mediafire.com/?d0asca60nzf8aqh

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Does XFO - 8a - Cripple & Body Part Revamp.esp change the way enemies gib? I know EVE does and they may be conflicting. It also may be an interaction between Project Nevada and that XFO file, since I know PN alters the damage done to limbs.

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Smuggins posted:

Ugh, when did Nexus really start throttling down the DL speed. I know that some times are better than others but this weekend has been awful so there is NO way I'm getting textures today.

I'd think about a 30 day premium but they use Paypal and I hate them deeply.

Are you using the Washington DC mirror or the Dallas mirror? I've found the Dallas mirror usually is at least as fast as my DSL (360 KB/s), but the DC mirror is much slower.

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

SourceElement posted:

I find it absolutely hilarious when they force a multiple mB video ad on you for an 11kB file. Not coincidentally, flashblock does a wonderful job of blocking their ads as well. Though you have to wait out the 40 second countdown still.

Switch to Adblock and you won't have to wait. I switched from Flashblock to Adblock a few months ago and was really surprised by how many more things it blocks or gets around, like that 40 sec countdown.

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

BexGu posted:

I just got Fallout New Vegas from the Steam sale, is the OP still up to date with the best mods to use? Or is a other good general pack to improve the weather, graphics, add some perks, etc.

NMC's Texture Mod has been released and upgrades alot more stuff than Poco Bueno.

Survivalist Bunker seems to have taken over Underground Hideout as the preferred player home. It's definitely more straightforward, less buggy, and easier to use; but UH still has a few things like dressup mannequins, growable veggies, and mail order ammo that it doesn't.

Nevada Skies is bloated and buggy and increases you infinite loading screen crash frequency alot, so people are switching to Project Reality, but there is no way to control the settings until the next version, so you will have to deal with a desaturated light blue filter. Personally I uninstalled it and use Fellout / Directors Chair / etc. and just go without weather.

Lots of problems with World of Pain, consensus seems to be it has become crap.

And I want to plug Imp's More Complex Needs. It makes you keep track of your calorie/protein/nutrient intake, as well as changing how food heals you, etc. The only problem is - like with any mod that adds a feature - once you figure out how to eat 'correctly' you get a bunch of +stat bonuses that make some poo poo really easy. Right now I've got +1 Str, +1 End, +3 Cha, +1 Int, +2 Lck from eating well consistently for the past week.

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

VisAbsoluta posted:

NVSE + CASM doesn't impact in game performance at all, right?

Not that I've seen. I only rarely get a slowdown/freeze for a second when CASM is saving, but that could be it interacting with something else.

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Right now I'm playing PN with mostly vanilla settings, HP's are a bit lower and ammo / food is rarer, but the big change I made is setting XP to 50% and 1 perk / level (you really need a more perks mod for that). I've done most of the missions up through Helios 1, and I'm only approaching level 9.

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

I forget who posted it, but the Western Font pack has one issue from what I've noticed so far. The Skill window during level up is too small for the new font, so the list of skills pokes out the bottom. Other than that it looks nice.

That was me, I've made major improvements to it since I posted that, but I wasn't sure if anyone was actually using it. I'll post the new version when I get home in a few hours.

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Fancy, here is the updated set of fonts I've been using:

code:
sFontFile_1=Textures\Fonts\Duality_Shadowed_14.fnt
sFontFile_2=Textures\Fonts\Duality_Shadowed_16.fnt
sFontFile_3=Textures\Fonts\West_Test_Shadowed_16.fnt
sFontFile_4=Textures\Fonts\SmithyXY-VeryHeavy_Shadowed_14.fnt
sFontFile_5=Textures\Fonts\Fixedsys_Comp_uniform_width.fnt
sFontFile_6=Textures\Fonts\SmithyXY-VeryHeavy_Shadowed_14.fnt
sFontFile_7=Textures\Fonts\MLB_Tuscan_Shadowed_22.fnt
sFontFile_8=Textures\Fonts\Western_Shadowed_48.fnt
sFontFile_9=Textures\Fonts\NVFont_Test.fnt
http://www.mediafire.com/?42rcilfovyd54p9

The main thing I did was get rid of the black outline and replace it with a gray dropshadow, so you can still make out the hud text on light backgrounds like sky / duststorm but it still blends in somewhat.

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Horns posted:

This looks fantastic, but I'm unsure how to install. Do I just drop these into my Data/fonts folder and then edit the .ini files? I'm already using DarnUI, should I uninstall that?

Thanks, and I don't think it would work without DarnUI, but I could be wrong. All I did was recreate some fonts to match (roughly) the same size as the Darn Fonts and used alot of trial and error to nudge them into the proper places.

If anyone else wants to try to bring new fonts into the game, this is the converter I used: Oblivion Font Generator v1.13 and I got my fonts at DaFont.

The font generator will work with any TTF font, but some will need alot of massaging to work right. The best settings I found:

The Ypos offset is recalculated whenever you pick a new font/size, but I've found it's necessary to reduce it by 1.5 pixels or so per point of drop shadow, otherwise the fonts don't line up vertically with the ingame mouseover hitboxes.

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Kharmakazy posted:

Is there a mod that will give me a gun or something to manipulate NPC's? Like.. permanently freeze them in place, or pose them or some such?

I mean.. since the mannequins don't work... I just spawned Elijah. Toggled His ai and combat ai... then removed all his gear and added a dead money jumpsuit and a bomb collar.

It would be cool if you could make him do things thouogh. I can't even seem to make him stop being angry. If I turn any of his ai on he steals the nearest weapon whether or not he can actually weild it and starts shooting. I set all his specials down to 1. and his carryweight is 1... Jesus, calm down man.

I'm certain there is a mod somewhere that lets you screw with NPC's, but I'm guessing its targeted more towards the young, female NPC's. Have fun wading through that part of the nexus.

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Anybody else found the Stinger from (I think) AG Uniques? It's a 9MM pistol that's full auto. You put a 9mm Submachine gun bolt and 9mm Pistol Expanded Mags mods on it and it becomes a monster that can empty it's 33 round magazine in just under 2 seconds. Plus, it uses crap ammo you'd never use for anything else after you get some 5.56 or 44 mag weapons, so you don't feel like you've wasted that much after you unload half a mag into a fiend.

Location: Mesquite Crater, in the house under the bed on the second floor.

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Rirse posted:

What were the name of the songs that Fallout New Vegas have quests named after them, but don't include the actual song on the radio? Need to know so I can add them with the New Vegas Radio Extended mod.

If you want to go through the list and compare them yourself:

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Fallout:_New_Vegas_songs

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout:_New_Vegas_quests

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

ETPC posted:

I wish it was possible for enemies to drop weapon mods or to find them in loot containers.

I'm too much of a hoarder to buy things :(

Does nobody actually search the nexus anymore?

Weapon Mod Looting

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

ETPC posted:

If the OP dosen't have it, I refuse to blindly go looking for things on nexus.

that way lies madness :suspense:

Then gaze into the abyss, my friend!

Looks like an 11 year old found mommy's makeup box & relaxation pills.

Found this one while looking at the poster's other mods, which are actually useful (and SFW):

Color Pipboy Map with optional snowglobe/skill book spoilers.

Clean Pip Boy Screen which removes scanlines and/or glare.

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Omnicarus posted:

On the Nexus Richter Scale that is barely a gaze into the abyss.

Yes but it's just the right level of disturbing that it can be safely posted here, not just linked. The other pictures in that mod do show how much time the creator spent getting the body's genitalia just right, but I didn't want to post them and waste :10bux:

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

VisAbsoluta posted:

What I mean is: is there an easy way to backup my mods if I don't have the original files anymore? I'm afraid of creating conflicts with my savegames when I install everything again because of newer versions, etc.

Would copying the whole FNV directory to an external drive do the trick?

You wouldn't need to backup your whole FNV folder, just the Data directory and your .ini files (both in your Documents/My Games/FalloutNV folder and the install folder).

And if you installed with FOMM and always picked the "create a copy of this file" option, all your mods are in the mods folder in convenient fomod format.

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Rirse posted:

Wonder if it's okay to post my 217 song version of "Radio New Vegas Extended". It combines the Fallout 3 music, the More Where This Is From, The Secret Stash, and Bioshock 1 & 2 music (old timely songs from those games) in one mega station.

I also would love this.

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

I didn't know JeffK played FalloutNV.

My saved game

quote:

ok now the setting is u know just me willow JT and bella just haging out in her bunker this incldues hated by everyone ill make a differt one where i just started tthe game xD and i already have willow at extended friendship and had bella for a while same for J.T um with this save do anything u want have fun use ewwww mods if u want and if u want downlaod new vegas bounties

AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!! KILL EVERBODY WITH THIS SAVE UNTIL I GET THE NEW GAME ONE!!!!!

WARNING!!!

This contains Adult Contant dont download if do like any of it or to young

It actually is SFW.

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Brace posted:

Yeah, definitely installed and enabled.

Also I'm getting some pretty serious stutter with FNV Enhanced Shaders-Full, FNV4GB.exe and no weather mods whatsoever. Also have SSL instead of Electro City so, I don't know what could be causing this big of a performance hit? My graphics card can handle some shaders(GTX280)

Same setup as you and I was getting the same framerate drop. The -full shaders include some depth of field and other filters which can trash your fps, it got alot better when I switched to the -lite version.

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

The first few graphical mods (including nude ones) for an Elder Scrolls / Fallout game are always conversions of mods from a previous game.

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

JackMackerel posted:

I'm guessing the New Vegas Uncut stuff doesn't work with mods like The Strip Open?

I just installed it last night, and I can tell you it has problems with New Vegas Restoration and mods that add map markers to Freeside. NVR adds an east gate to Freeside that used to drop you at Mick & Ralph's, but now deposits you on an open plain full of floating streetlights and bedrolls. The markers do the same thing, I'm guessing both refer to a cell that is no longer used. If you enter through the north gate or fast travel to the strip and use the strip gate everything works fine.

khwarezm posted:

Uh, I just started to try to mod this game and downloaded FOMM, but when I go to "download with manager" on anything on new vegas nexus nothing happens, any ideas?

FOMM is not the 'manager' they are referring to, you'll need to download it manually. I still use FOMM for New Vegas, and I use the nexus manager for Skyrim. It seems to work better that way.

Nevets fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Jul 11, 2012

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

I've been using the Pip-Boy 2500 for a while now. It's basically a readius type pip-boy replacer made to look like the original Fallout 1/2 pipboy interface.

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

SplitSoul posted:

Is there still the issue with animations? That's what held me off on getting a replacer.

I haven't had any, but are you thinking of problems with the readius mod? This is actually an entirely different one, just looks similar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

I've used FOMM since NV came out, and I never switched to NMM when it came out because it would require a couple hours uninstalling and reinstalling mods (and probably screw up my install in the process). Seems to work OK with Skyrim, though.