Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

END CHEMTRAILS NOW
Apr 16, 2005

Pillbug
I have a couple of mod recommendations that might go in the OP.

Companion Dressup allows companions to wear faction armor, and also allows their default equipment to be removed if you choose.

Fade that Faction Armor Allows you to remove faction scripts from items.

Companions Infinite Ammo is useful if you want to upgrade or downgrade a companion's gun and not have to worry about their ammo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

END CHEMTRAILS NOW
Apr 16, 2005

Pillbug

Demerzel posted:

Actual modding question: how do you filter down an esm file? Specifically if I am looking at an ESM file trying to mess with it, it shows me all of the FalloutNV.esm data as well, Set Active File only works on ESP files (and coincidentally doesn't seem to filter either).

I am looking through the menus and not sure how to Google it, I'm sure it's basic but not seeing it!
You can open the file in TESsnip (in the tools menu in FOMM) to see exactly what is contained in the ESM. As far as I know, the GECK doesn't have the ability to do that.

END CHEMTRAILS NOW
Apr 16, 2005

Pillbug

Amstrad posted:

Anybody have any (reasonable) requests for new weapons/equipment they'd like to see?
I still have an itch to mod but don't have any ideas at the moment and the stuff people tend to request over on the Nexus forums is ridiculous.

Note: I probably can't do entirely new sets of clothes/armor as I've yet to quite grasp the intricacies of bones and whatnot. But hats/headgear and modifications of existing gear I can manage!
Personally, I'd like to get something for killing the four legendary monsters, like a Deathclaw duster made of the Legendary Deathclaw's hide, a helmet from the Legendary Fire Gecko with water breathing and fire/energy resistance, etc.

END CHEMTRAILS NOW
Apr 16, 2005

Pillbug

Amstrad posted:

Thanks to everyone for their ideas, I'm definitely going to be using some of them.
The one that jumped out at me the most was the legendary creatures one, so here we go:

(totally stole the image idea from Roman)

Download

You'll have to spawn this stuff through console for now, but I may build a quest around it in the future.
That looks great. I can't wait to try these out in-game. A quest based on this sounds like a good idea as well.

lethial posted:

Also, I'd love some guidance in regard the following:
1) I used to use Phalanx's companion mod, since it wasn't updated anymore, I switched to using a bunch of companion mods:
Companion De-Equip
Companion Neutrality Act (I only got this because Boone aggros everything...)
Companion Infinite Ammo
Companion Level 30 Cap
Distant Companion Fix
And few other mods specific to a particular companion (for E-DE, Rex, Veronica and Cass).

I have merged them as best as I can using FNVEdit, but for the life of me I can't figure out why I have:
- 2 Rexes... Both of them seem to have too much HP which caused the hp value to wrap around into the negatives...
- Raul constantly wears a space suit and a space helm that is unremovable, both of which just appeared on him one day... It is just really starting to bother me now.
Any ideas? Maybe another mod is causing these?
Why are you merging all these in FNVedit. I doubt most of them will conflict with eachother. I'm almost certain Companion De-Equip and Companion Infinite Ammo won't need to be merged with anything to function correctly. If you activate the mods individually rather than merging them, you can deactivate them one at a time to see which ones (if any) are causing the problem.

Also, you can get rid of Raul's space suit via the console. Just open the console, select Raul, and use 'showinventory' to find the ID numbers of the space suit and helmet. Then, use 'removeitem [id] 1' to remove them.

END CHEMTRAILS NOW
Apr 16, 2005

Pillbug

flipstyle posted:

whats the name of the mod that organizes and groups your inventory with "CRAFTING: <item>" or "FOOD: <item>" tags... I can't remember
Inventory Sorters.

I thought this mod was in the op, but I didn't see it listed. I think it's a pretty useful feature.

END CHEMTRAILS NOW
Apr 16, 2005

Pillbug
I just finished a new mod for people who want to wear clothing instead of armor. Personally, I played most of the game wearing the strongest armor I could find and rarely used prewar clothing or anything like that. So, I created a mod that grants a minimum amount of DT based on the player's level. That way you can wear a business suit or a dress or whatever without having to switch to armor all the time. Link: Minmum Player DT.

It's the same sort of concept as invisible armor vests, but this way you don't have to deal with the actual vests, so there's no hassle. It also doesn't stack with armor, so you don't have to worry about having too much DT if you decide to wear heavy armor.

The minimum DT is the character's level - 2, up to 25 DT. So, if you're level 10, you get 8 DT minimum. If the character is wearing normal clothes or light armor that grants less than that, then they get 8 DT. If the character is wearing armor that grants more than 8 DT, then the character will have the DT from the armor, and the mod has no effect.

I tried to set the DT calculation to give enough for players to go without armor, but with some benefit for wearing armor if you choose. It's just based on what felt right to me, so let me know if it seems like too much or too little, since the calculation is very easy to change.

END CHEMTRAILS NOW
Apr 16, 2005

Pillbug

Cubemario posted:

They do have ammo for the guns, but I am using the infinite ammo mod for companions (to cut down on micromanagement) and perhaps that is what is causing them to not use most of the weapons. I'll try loading them up with regular ammo shortly and share the results.
Unfortunately that mod will only work with weapons that use the existing ammo lists. It won't allow infinite ammo for weapons that use ammo lists added by a mod.

END CHEMTRAILS NOW
Apr 16, 2005

Pillbug
I just updated my Old World Blues tweak mod. It now includes 6 .esps for various tweaks. They're all completely independent so you can just use one or several depending on what you want:

1. Changes the Valence Radii-Accentuators so that your hair doesn't disappear when you equip it.

2. Same as above, but changes it to BodyAddon3, so you can equip other headgear at the same time.

3. Lets you mod FIDO using mods for the K9000.

4. Adds an automatic stealth field to the fully upgraded stealth suit mk II.

5. Lets companions teleport to Big MT with you. You can also send companions there when you dismiss them.

6. Automatically adds more caps to the Sink CIU vendor if it gets low.

Nexus link

By the way, I'd like to have a thumbnail image to go with the mod, but I've been having an issue with my screenshots all looking strangely distorted. If someone could post a screenshot of #1 and/or #5 in action, it would really help me out.

END CHEMTRAILS NOW
Apr 16, 2005

Pillbug

Gyshall posted:

Two mods I am going to try out right now related to the DLC - Reuinted and it feels so good (stupid name) and Honest Hearts extensions. Together, the two mods let you go back to Zion/Sierra Madre and recruit companions as actual companions. Honest Hearts Extensions moves the reward at the end of Honest Hearts and spreads it across Zion, so that you have to actually go back and explore. Seems pretty good, but I have yet to start it up.
This looks pretty nice. It was pretty disappointing that you couldn't continue using the companions from Dead Money (or Honest Hearts).

Are there any other interested DLC-related mods out there?

It might be nice to have a section in the OP specifically for DLC mods. I bet there are other people like me who are playing the game now specifically because of the DLC.

END CHEMTRAILS NOW
Apr 16, 2005

Pillbug

Brace posted:

Is it just the Custom Launch in FOMM? I've already done that, but if I launch from Steam will it be launching with the 4GB and NVSE?
Rename the .exe to FalloutNVLauncher.exe and Steam should run that when you launch New Vegas instead of the normal launcher.

END CHEMTRAILS NOW
Apr 16, 2005

Pillbug

Brace posted:

Is there any way to mod in unlimited ammo? Constantly scrounging for ammo isn't really fun for me, and I can't seem to find that suitcase that's included in CompanionInfiniteAmmo that gives you infinite ammo.
The suitcase is for modded companions, not the player. If you want the Courier to have infinite ammo, then load the cheat .esp for the mod, get a companion, and take some of the companion's ammo. The ammo will automatically be replenished as you use it.

END CHEMTRAILS NOW
Apr 16, 2005

Pillbug

Rirse posted:

That works, now to figure out a way to extend this mod to the Fallout 3 companions.
You could get a mod for Fallout 3 to do that. Basically, each companion has a unique clothing item and weapons that are marked as "nonplayable", which means the player can't access them. All these mods do is untick that one checkbox, making the equipment playable. So, for it to affect the Fallout 3 companions, it has to be a mod for those specific items from Fallout 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

END CHEMTRAILS NOW
Apr 16, 2005

Pillbug

Pound_Coin posted:

Does anyone know if I can use WME with Project Nevada?

I'm getting crashes on start up:
I think WME - DLCs requires Lonesome Road, which you don't have in your load order.