Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
All I've wanted since the beginning was a businesswear (or other equivalent formal) suit without the blazer and the sleeves rolled up. Maybe a vest. Form over function.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

The description seems to indicate it is meant to be used with hard copies of the game, not digitally distributed versions. That's just a shot in the dark, however.

... except that disc copies register on Steam :confused:

What scares me off from that mod is that the description is a hopeless mess and reading it hurts my head.

Namnesor fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Jul 6, 2011

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
NVSE updated to 2B7, and it invalidates the hotfix needed for Project Nevada.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Elliotw2 posted:

Does anyone know of a HUD replacement that works with Project Nevada? It's really bad after playing with DarnUI on since the game came out.

DarN works with PN.

Also for your all of your UI needs, check out the Unified HUD Project.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
NVSE has been updated to 2b8 to work with the new GECK 1.4. Also alleviates crashing caused by invalid form lists from mods that haven't been updated to the new form lists for the new patch.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Naky posted:

It's no secret, we keep it in the topic of the IRC channel.

Current Build

List o' poo poo Added/Working/Not Working/etc.

Make sure you have The Armory v2.0 installed, then extract the WIP over it overwriting everything.

Keep in mind, the leveled lists, realism settings, vanilla balancing, etc has NOT been done in any of the WIP builds. Nor has any real testing been done because pretty much nobody wants to help in that area. :(

FYI, the esms/esp list the Caravan Pack as a master, some people are likely not to have that (I don't). Would it be safe to remove that dependency with NVEdit?

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Naky posted:

Yeah, it was probably an accident. I'll fix it in my next WIP build.

Right on. My workload this week is light, so I'm hoping to make good on my promise... that I made like two months ago :sweatdrop:

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Naky posted:

Those of you who wanted to use the WIP build of The Armory linked earlier without the Dead Money/Honest Hearts/Caravan Pack master dependencies put on by accident, here's an updated esm for you.

IT SHOULD ALSO BE NOTED that you should not run The.Armory AND The.Armory.v2.1 masters at the same time. I label one v2.1 for Anime Schoolgirl's use. They're exactly the same, so naturally you may get issues trying to load them both at the same time...

Er... another FYI, the cabinet esp also has the master dependencies.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

It won't load any data because you're probably not using the right version...either you accidentally downloaded an FO3 version or you're using an outdated NV version (which is easy to do if you downloaded it from the official site). You need to get GECK 1.4 for NV, but you're better off Googling for download links. Bethesda's own site is messed up and misleading because it was written by a nine year old. Good luck!

To make it easier, I just threw the drat thing up on my dropbox. You can link this from the OP http://dl.dropbox.com/u/70742/Files/GECK_NVE_v1.4.zip and I'll update it if a new version comes out.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Just tried Underground Hideout New Vegas. Whoever was bitching about feature creep was right. Just give me a loving house and some storage areas FFS. I went in, it offered me a quest, so I figured it'd be find the owner or something. Nope, dropped me in a stupid maze with none of my items. After wandering around it for 15 minutes I decided I didn't have time for that poo poo and just reloaded and declined the quest. I went in and it offered me power management, where you have to buy materials to keep the electricity running, and make sure you didn't over use it. In my room there was a box for ammo, so I had it sort ammo, and all ammo went into the same box. Later, I found an ammo sorter in the Armory that sorted into ammo types. What's the point of having both? Definitely just gonna use Buck's Place from New Bison Steve's for now, until I find a better standalone replacement.

Old World Blues has the best player home ever.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Mr. Crow posted:

.... Post pics? I'm hesitant to buy DLC off sales, because by their very nature I usually think they're hugely over-priced. Granted I haven't tried NV DLC yet though I picked up the first two during the summer sale, so maybe they're the few that are actually worth it.

For an example, Broken Steel and Point Lookout are good DLC for the cost. The rest from FO3 weren't worth $10 (maybe OA).

I don't have any pictures of the whole thing, just a couple of... specific parts of the home, but as a generality, I've found all three DLC for NV way, WAY worth it.

As for OWB's player home, it has the expected plethora of storage space (no scripts to auto-organize it, though), including a workbench, reloading bench, a hot plate, and a fully-stocked auto-doc, complete with being able to change your haircut and face. It also has a vendor who will repair your stuff with 100 repair skill, you have a couple of services to break things down into raw materials, you can fill empty bottles with purified water, you can grow and clone your own plants, and when you complete OWB you get a teleporter that allows you to go straight to the The SINK (what the home is called) from anywhere outdoors.

I'm saving the best for last, though; all of your appliances have a personality. And they're all very silly and make the home feel more like a mini, if really dysfunctional, community.

Here's a small handful of screenshots. Spoilers, insomuch that it reveals a little bit of the personalities of your appliances in The SINK.

http://imgur.com/Efp2m http://imgur.com/15GP7 http://imgur.com/F8RwJ

Ending slide spoilers (not particularly important, but you've been warned): http://imgur.com/ZP4uZ

Hope this helps. If you have any other questions, I'll do my best to answer them.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Horns posted:

Feng Shui lets you move items around precisely and lock them into place. I would have killed to have something like this when I played FO3 on 360.

:siren:WARNING YOU WILL LOSE HOURS OF YOUR LIFE LINING UP COFFEE MUGS ON A TABLE:siren:

I love Feng Shui, but I cannot use it or I accomplish nothing else in Fallout.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Capn Beeb posted:

Yup.

One from New Vegas:

Then a few days later Underground Hideout was updated with an automatic gold bar sorter HURRR!

No, stop showing me these things, don't tempt meeeeeeeee :gonk:

EDIT:

Uh oh. :stare:

Namnesor fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Jul 23, 2011

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Gyshall posted:

It is actually pretty configurable and you can turn Enclave spawns off, which is what I'm playing it with. Still makes for some dynamic encounters and poo poo.

Yeah, that's what I did. I just wanted to see how the Enclave vertibird arrival looked.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Project Nevada's been updated to 2.2, adds some more stuff to the Mod Configuration Menu, and some pretty rad low-end homemade weapons.

Made with a .22 revolver, and some tin cans, scrap and metal a lead pipe. Silencer comes separately, just as easily made.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Now this is a companion replacer I can get behind: brain bot ED-E :D

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Looks like I'm gonna have to decorate The Sink with Feng Shui, now. Thanks, guys, never getting anything else done ever. :smith:

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

VisAbsoluta posted:

Does anyone here have any experience with Tales from the Burning Sands and how does it play?

The first tale is loving great, the second isn't as brilliant, but is still very, very good.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Maybe I can just port the one from FO3 then. All that type3 stuff creeps me out.

Someone already beat you to it. http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=34825

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Rinkles posted:

Would anyone be kind enough to explain how to find these parameters in the GECK (or otherwise)? I have no idea what I'm doing.

You don't have to. It's in the Mod Configuration Menu when you press ESC and bring up the menu.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Brace posted:

I'm looking for a good piece of headwear to go with Geonox Riot Armor, the desert ranger combat helmet looks stupid with it, and there's nothing else really fitting. I'd want to use the Burned Man's bandages but I don't have HH so I can't use those.

Also is there an IRC or something for this kind of stuff?

Pre-War Hat. :colbert:

EDIT: It goes with everything.

Namnesor fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Aug 2, 2011

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

VisAbsoluta posted:

Is there any way to quickload CASM's quicksaves?

Also, does Project Nevada Core changes the way sneaking works, or is it present only in the rebalance module?

Rebalance can change sneaking, but there's a bunch of different options for how it works, including vanilla.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Digital_Jesus posted:

Ok, looked over the OP to no answer, and the thread is getting past skimming size, so I'm just going to ask.

How does one rip a character face out of a save game ? I like how my character looks, but I don't feel like recreating the whole face over again.

I've got the GECK installed, what do I need to load and rip out my characters .fg from a save game ?

FaceGen Exchange does that quite easily for you!

On an unrelated note, the ending to Honest Hearts became... a little peculiar this time around.

:stare:

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Naky posted:

It might be my mod, but I agree. The only way you should use The Armory on your first playthrough is by only activating the test cabinets and having the massive willpower to only select ONE of your favorite RL weapons and then rolling with that until you reach the point in the game where you kill pretty much anything and are rolling in ammo and caps anyway.

What I did was whenever I found a new gun/caliber, I would go to the cabinets and find something of applicable gun and caliber and replace the vanilla weapon with it.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Amorphous Blob posted:

I uninstalled it earlier and yeah I have the same problem.
vvv Yep. Turned it off and on and it still happens.

Are you using Detailed Normals? If so, disable it; it's made to work only with the vanilla textures, otherwise you get oddities like that.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Naky posted:

For any of you who liked the really sweet NVBS armor mod, it's been removed and the author banned for apparent use of content from other games, though I was under the impression that it pretty much more or less used FNV content (riot armor + cass jacket) that was distinctive for having a really nice male and female version.

We should probably have it re-hosted because that thing is too good to let vanish.

It's still uploading, but here's the Desert Scorpion Battle Suit and Robert's Body Patch both in FOMOD form on my Dropbox. A bit of warning, though: the Battle Suit fomod might have the Type 3 patch already integrated into it, maybe not, I don't remember.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
The date on mine isn't much help, but he rolled the NVSB into the regular Desert Scorpion archive, which is what I have.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Naky posted:

Yeah, his readme is the worst ever. I must not have the latest version of the desert scorpion mod then since the date on that is older than the NVBS I have. Well, roll with yours then and I'll remove mine.

Looking at the stuff in your file, yeah, the one I have is newer; there are five NVBS's in the pack which include the three in yours, as well as a whole host of other armors. Unfortunately, a fair number of them don't have female equivalents and just look like some vanilla armors.

EDIT: Just to show off one of the "new" battle suits...

Rolled up sleeves means I'm here for business and pleasure. :c00l:

Namnesor fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Aug 13, 2011

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Rascyc posted:

So install both of these for NVSB? Does the armor get auto placed somewhere in the world or is it integrated into loot tables?

Gun Runners sells them. Only use the Robert's body patch if you use Robert's Male Body Replacer.

Boogle posted:

Also, where can I get the holster-less version of desert scorpion like the one on the pic? I'm sure as gently caress not going to jump through hoops because of FOUnderground's obnoxious registration requirements.

The holsters are rather easy to delete in NIFSkope. Gimme a couple minutes, I'll have the edited nifs uploaded.

EDIT: Here you go. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/70742/Files/DSBS%20No%20Holster%20on%20NVBS.zip

Namnesor fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Aug 13, 2011

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Naky posted:

Would anyone know why all the custom eye colors from Ling's would be bright full-eye purple? I recently flattened my install and put everything back and everything but the eyes work. It's pretty eerie.

Sounds like it's not finding the textures. Eyes and skin go bright purple when they have no texture.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

ParagonParadox27 posted:

Only reason I'd pay for a Nexus account is so that I can avoid those ridiculous forced video+audio advertisements that you get every single time you click a download link for something other than a 2KB file. When you're trying to get every mod you need for a fresh install, it gets more than a little infuriating after hour 4.

Adblock takes care of the videos, and gets you your file immediately. :) I didn't even notice they had added video ads for several months until someone mentioned it in an older Oblivion modding thread.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Cowcaster posted:

Ok, one more quick texture pack question: Will the detailed normals mod work correctly with non default textures?

No.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Smuggins posted:

Aaaaand another mod question.

So I thought to myself Project Nevada and Darnified UI should be fine right? I tried Huds that show your stats to help play hardcore and they all conflict like rats.

Apparently they do not want to work together, they overwrite each other on install.
I'm guessing I need to to use FNVedit at this point. Unless someone knows a HUD that PN does not fight with that has a Darnified font feel AND shows hunger, thirst, rest. Nothing else.

PN and DarN do work together, you can check the menus folder and there should be one with some DarN compatibility files. Alternatively, use Unified HUD Project.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Ohhhh yes, very much so.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Naky posted:

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=39968

Neat little directional flashlight mod with MCM/unified hud support (requires NVSE). You can use a handheld or a helmet mounted one too. Looks pretty well done too, so it might be worthy of adding to the OP if people really like it.

It's a great mod, but just a word of warning, it can be a resource hog when the light is on. On my modest system, it cut my framerate from a stable 50-60 FPS to 20-30 when I was monkeying around with it outside of Gun Runners.

Just for reference, my computer specs are:

Athlon II X3 435 2.9GHz
8GB of RAM
GeForce GTX 460
Win7 64-bit

Even with that said, there's no real harm in trying it out, it installs and uninstalls very cleanly.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Ace Oliveira posted:

Hey, Coughing Hobo, your upload of the Desert Scorpion mod doesn't work for me. I can't open it in Fallout Mod Manager without it crashing. It could be my version of FOMM, but the file could be corrupted or something.

Could you re-upload it? I really want that armor.

Sure thing. I'm not at home right now, but I will be in a couple hours, I'll get it re-uploaded then.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Naky posted:

NVBS FOMOD mirror, with the Robert's Body patch and a 'cheat' version of the NVBS esp that spawns a chest behind the Prospector's Saloon with all the armors in case you're one of the people who suffer from the suits not loading into the Gun Runners.

Just for coverage's sake, here's a regular zip of NVBS.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
I'm not sure FOOK and PN work together without an interoperability patch, either. I haven't put a lot of research into FOOK, though, so take this with a grain of salt.

Also look into using Wrye Flash to create a bashed patch. The stability of my game skyrocketed to where crashes are extremely rare when I started using bashed patches. Just keep in mind, with a bashed patch, you'll generally have to recreate it every time you add or remove a mod. It takes only a few clicks and a couple seconds, though.

EDIT: Just for reference, I have 112 active esms and esps and my game's as stable as a table :D

Namnesor fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Aug 23, 2011

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Node posted:

I've been using this guys programs ever since Morrowind. They're great, and bashed patches help a lot, but god drat I hate how it is structured. You need to download a bunch of python related poo poo and he never explains where to get them. Every time I realize I need to install Wrye *ash I do the :negative: in real life.

The first time I installed Wrye Flash, I went through literally seven different versions of Python before I got one that Wrye Flash recognized.

Wrye :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Rascyc posted:

Is a bashed patch much better than a merged patch? Merged patch is super easy to make at least.

I haven't used FNVEdit to make a merged patch, but I'm pretty sure they're the same thing.