Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CaptainFuzychin
Aug 21, 2005
Okay, so I've only just started playing and tinkering with modding New Vegas and I have a couple questions. First, would a unique weapon mod for Fallout 3 work in New Vegas? it's just a drop in mod that adds a new type of shotgun some guy on Nexus made that I like alot, and figured I'd port over if possible. I assume I might have to change the item number or something but otherwise I can't imagine they'd make any serious changes to how items exist within the game data, right?

Second, how much work would it be to make this for the game:

It's a gun I've built IRL and I think it'd be fun to incorporate it into the game, but I've got no experience modding what so ever (except some for Fallout 1 and 2, which is completely unrelated obviously)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainFuzychin
Aug 21, 2005
Hey I have a question that might be simple, or not. The mod linked below is a shotgun that someone made for Fallout 3 that I really like:

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=8116#fileanchor

I'm wondering, how would one go about porting it over for New Vegas? I guess you'd have to change the item numbers, among other things? I've never made a mod for Fallout 3 or New Vegas so I have no idea where to start. I really love this mod, in part because it's a good gun for the game and in part because it's modeled after my favorite real world shotgun, the Colt 1878.

CaptainFuzychin
Aug 21, 2005

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Huh. That's funny. Looks exactly like the shotgun from STALKER. That guy makes it sound like he made the loving thing.

Classic Fallout Weapons: New Vegas[/url] (also linked in the OP) adds that gun to NV, already. It's called the "Widowmaker" and comes in both sawed-off and full-length versions.

Oh hey, thanks. I didn't figure it'd be in that because the Widowmaker from Fallout 1 & 2 didn't really look like that. But either way, awesome.

CaptainFuzychin
Aug 21, 2005
That is pretty ballin', sir.