Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006
This post is brought to you by: Goat Bouillabaise.

First 9
Arenovalis could you please keep us updated as to when you figure out the finnicky mods for the hunting rifle? I have half a mind to download it anyway.

vv I just want it to come with a katana and some dorky glasses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006

First 9
The .44 revolver might do the trick. That or Lucky, I guess. Neither have such a long barrel, to my recollection.

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006

First 9

What The Fucktrain posted:

Has Boone been fixed in one of the patches or do I need to download the mod I had before that changed his leveling to .4 so he doesn't become so overpowered?

I am pretty certain Boone was nerfed in the patch.

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006

First 9

procitizen posted:

I'm really bad filtering through the bullshit on the nexus sites, is there any difficulty mod that actually makes headshots always loving kill things, 100% no matter how important they are? It's frustrating as hell to empty a shotgun into somebodies head, only for them to lean over and give me an aggravated look before shooting back. Also if this effected the player too it'd be great. Basically how do I make this game into STALKER

Search 'realistic' or 'headshot' and you should find something, I know I've seen a few of them roll in as I keep up with the new uploads, aside from that someone here might make one for you (thank you for the First (Enclave) Recon Hat, Vargs)

Or try
This or This for headshots.

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006

First 9
http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=39167

This mod just gave me an idea (well the mod it uses for the esm).

ED-E skin: Servitor Skull. :hellyeah:

Wouldn't be too hard to do to replace ED-E's model with the servitor skull from http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=5885 would it?

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006

First 9

Danger - Octopus! posted:

Do this as fast as humanly possible, please.

Syrant posted:

Wouldn't be too hard to do to replace ED-E's model with the servitor skull from http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=5885 would it?

Don't ask me, man I dont know dick about the GECK, I fooled around with it but could never get much out of it, it shouldn't be too hard to produce. Someone ont he nexus might mod it if the idea is pitched.

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006

First 9

Arenovalis posted:

Finally updated my Hunting Rifle with mods:

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=39070

Great, thank you for letting us know, I completely forgot I was waiting on this to download it.

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006

First 9

http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=38353 first link got eaten, this is the link for the M1D

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006

First 9

BSAKat posted:

Oh, I knew the Bladerunner Detective's Special was a revolver, but I thought the .223 pistol was, in FO1/2, a cut-down .223 semi-auto rifle. Eh, doesn't matter. Now I can blow holes in things alllllllllll day! :haw:

The description was a cut-down .223 rifle, the icon was just of Deckard's revolver. You're right in both cases so just pretend it was a .223 revolving rifle.

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006

First 9

Arenovalis posted:

Released the Anti-Material rifle :cool:

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=39306

10mm smg might be next..

Looks great. There should be some polling system to see what people want most but of course it's easier to do when you choose what you like. I just wonder which weapons people want retextured most.

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006

First 9

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Here you go.

I try to use this but it crashes when I go to my inventory. By using FNVEdit I can change some things around to keep it from doing so (like matching the stats to the master file, not touching the icon or anything) but even when both models work I have no firing sound.

Also, what does it mean in FNVEdit when the plugin name is in italics? I can't seem to find out what the hell that means. It's yellow background, green italic text and show no conflicts. I haven't a drat clue what is causing it but I know if I overwrite the mod's plasma rifle + weapon mods it (of course) looks like the old plasma rifle and the unmodded one looks like the new rifle and I don't crash looking for it in my inventory.

Hell I'm just really curious about the italics in general.

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006

First 9

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

:confused:

I honestly have no idea. That's what I get for going off and creating a Frankenstein's monster, though--that was my first conversion attempt. Italics, you say? I've never seen anything like that before.

Anybody else care to shine some light on that?

This is without modifying them at all:

You can see the italics here

Plasma rifle settings

Plasma pistol

and then

I have no idea why the background is purple behind that text.

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006

First 9

Syrant posted:

This is without modifying them at all:

You can see the italics here

Plasma rifle settings

Plasma pistol

and then

I have no idea why the background is purple behind that text.

Okay it seems that Italics mean it is a patch inserted into prior mods and the purple background is a 'severe conflict' according to stuff about FO3Edit. Still no idea why the plasma weapon mod is giving me poo poo, though, and no firing sounds.

The 'severe conflict' is with CFollowers and SCVR, not sure what the SCVR is for but it's got bWeaponCheck on the ESM and nMaxFollowers on the CFollowers mod. I haven't run into any trouble, really.

Syrant fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Jan 8, 2011

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006

First 9

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Hah, man I must be really terrible at this. The funny thing is, the sounds I gave it were all stock sounds (it used the silenced .22 smg firing sounds, and sniper sounds for reloading, plus generic pick-up/put-down noises) so I'm not sure why it is suddenly deciding those are no good.

I'll take a poke at the copy I've got and see where things might have gone wrong, since this is still a learning process for me. In the meantime, the mod was bundled with scope textures, so my best advice is to open the .esp up in GECK and redirect all of the files on your side.

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Good, glad it worked out for you. Let me know if you ever figure out what the problem was (I can't find a cause.) It'd be helpful for future references!

I know the sound on the plasma weapons were doing that. They had impact sounds but no firing sounds if that helps you any with figuring out what the heck is going on. I really like the plasma rifle but I think I'm just gonna have to stick to the vanilla one since I can only seem to get it to work when I set the modded version to look like the vanilla version and only the untouched plasma rifle looks like it should.

I don't have the GECK and to be honest I don't feel like doing the work but they both look cool and I appreciate your porting them over, the pistol is bad-rear end but that firing sound is still missing. I think I can just pretend it's a silenced weapon like the .22

Syrant fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Jan 10, 2011

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006

First 9

dog kisser posted:

Workin' on one. Crappy textures though :shobon:

Arenovalis might be willing to help you out if he has the time. :shobon:

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006

First 9

Amstrad posted:

Anybody have any (reasonable) requests for new weapons/equipment they'd like to see?
I still have an itch to mod but don't have any ideas at the moment and the stuff people tend to request over on the Nexus forums is ridiculous.

Note: I probably can't do entirely new sets of clothes/armor as I've yet to quite grasp the intricacies of bones and whatnot. But hats/headgear and modifications of existing gear I can manage!

To quote an earlier request a few of us really dug-- I know it's not a weapon or equipment, really but I'd love is someone could do this:

Syrant posted:

I'm not sure how easy it would be to just make the lasers come out of nowhere or possibly link it to an eye-socket and hopefully orient it a little more upright, but it would make ED-E even more awesome.

Theres a quick shot of it so you don't have to hunt through the pictures.

Syrant fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Jan 15, 2011

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006

First 9

Zenzirouj posted:

There's only one thing that need be done now, and that is to make a Morte companion mod. Everybody drop what you're doing and get to work on this.

Only if I can have old lady Gibson dig around in my guts for trinkets. :colbert:

And Vhailor.

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006

First 9

Danger - Octopus! posted:

Murray?

Nope, but it's okay, he's used to being forgotten.

Don't trust the skull.

Did any PS:T mods come out in F3? That would be interesting. Default ghoul start: The Nameless One unique ghoul texture.

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006

First 9

Arenovalis posted:

Started on 'This Machine'..

This Machine Makes Awesome Retextures.

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006

First 9

Coughing Hobo posted:

The guy who did the Handgun Animation Replacer has upgraded his mod to Weapon Animation Replacers! In addition to new handgun animations, he's also covered revolver and SMG animations, and just recently released rifle animations, which includes shotguns and rifles, and also assault rifles like the carbine and LMG. They look loving boss.

I asked the guy to make two-handed aimed shot pistol animations, and he said he'd work on them after he finished up the rifle animations :dance:

I am being a bit stupid tonight but how exactly am I suppoed to install this? I read the readme but opening the packages up in FOMM doesn't really do anything. Can I not just drop the Package files into the data directory or is that going to poo poo on something?

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006

First 9

Arenovalis posted:

Released 'This Machine':

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=39678

Hell of a way to start the morning. :cheers:

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006

First 9

Soho Joe posted:

Ugh, another one of those mods? Why Nexus! Oh wait. To be serious, I really like the toned down colors from this, I never liked the bright-and-glossy look so many mutants sport.

Yea, every one of his mod tweaks has just looked like 'LETS DARKEN SOME poo poo UP!' but I'm by no means sitting and examining each picture for five minutes. They just, to me, look like he toning down the color to blacken things and say it looks better.

Some of them are decent, I believe the Deathclaw was one that made them even more scarier than poo poo.

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006

First 9

victrix posted:

Is there an easy way to remove ED-Es idle noise? His constant buzzing is ruining my desert wasteland ambience :(

Try http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=34788 ? I haven't used it but that's pretty much all I could find.

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006

First 9
I guess a mod or something hosed it but I can't wear the space suit in my game. Using the console to equip says it is equipped but I'm still naked. I reckon it has/had to do with the WETS space suit thing that made it give water-breathing but even deactivated it won't equip the suit. Tried dropping it, passing it between companions, adding a new one after dropping the other... No dice. Even with all things unequipped... Everything else is just fine.

Anyone dealt with that before?

Syrant fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Jan 21, 2011

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006

First 9

Arenovalis posted:

Quick start on the .22 SMG. Painted the wood completely by hand this time..

Oh and I joined the FOOK team.

I know it will looks better but I have so little experience using the SMG. Am I the only person who has never seen a 22 smg but once? I never saw one but for one time at the gun-runners, I think. I have a shitload of 22 ammo and the mod for it so I want it but, drat, that thing is rare on my game. I guess I'll go pick one up where it is stashed in a duffle bag.

Mod Idea: Special order gun-runners merchandise. Price +value% for the rarity/level of the gun, take a few days, then pick it up or have it ship to a Mojave Express bin? Maybe a container by the gun runners would work.

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Probably no longer has a male / female mesh attached to it. Open up the mod in Geck and check the space suit's properties--I bet you dollars to donuts those spaces are blank.

Well, I have tried it with the mod on and off. No dice. It may have overwritten them at one point but would it not just go back to normal after deactivating the mod? It did work in my previous game, for what that is worth and it doesn't work on any saves after I picked it up.

Syrant fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Jan 21, 2011

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006

First 9

Terpfen posted:

Already exists.

I literally JUST saw that and was coming here to correct my post. Funny how things can work out.

Edit: I saw this one.

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006

First 9

Gyshall posted:

Oh, hey, someone made a Throwable Mine mod. Complete with lovely anime girl character video demonstration.

The voice is haunting and depressing at the same time as well as annoying as gently caress. Every time he throws something? Really? Ugh.

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006

First 9

rope kid posted:

Benny's goons have them when they come to kill you. Fiends also carry them sometimes.

I literally went to the gun-runners after my post and they had one in stock :suicide:

Also the surprise inside Gamorrah behind that locked door. That was really well done. 'What the hell is-- Oh god'

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006

First 9

I SAID LISTEN posted:

Is this the kind of game I should play through on vanilla at least once before piling on the mods?

I would only get the bug fix and a UI mod, you can always add Arenovalis's texture pack, it just makes a lot of the weapons pretty.

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006

First 9
Is there any way to exchange my damned NCR toiletpaper money? I hate having to sit ages trying to unload it on a cash out deal to covert it to caps. Is there a mod that will make it so I can just go, like 'I want to exchange all my NCR money for chips' but I'm not sure how possible it is.

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006

First 9

SovietSteel posted:

This should work for you.

Thank you for this, I was looking for 'money' and 'currency' and didn't think to look up the words to find that mod. I appreciate it.

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006

First 9
Edit: Ugh, double post.

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006

First 9
Is there a good mod that adds face-protection gear, like a balaclava or something like the rebreather? I miss running around in a really awesome set of headgear. I want something that isn't all modern tactical armor stuff but just some things you would expect to see people use as protection.

My second run through FO3 I had this:

going on and loved it. It's a firemans helm that was just the cowl and helm then I think those were the lucky sunglasses and that facewrap there. I have seen scarves but they're just... too thick? I am just looking to see if there is a small mod that adds a lower-face mask like that. Plain, black, allows sunglasses. I am pretty sure it was from a mod that added a little store near megaton and sold piercings and gear like the helmet and firemand cowls and such as well as like spiked collars and things.

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006

First 9

wylker posted:

what UI mod is that?

You mean the Readius?

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006

First 9
Arenovalis I downloaded your weapons pack even though I already have all the weapons (save the .22, the one in game is very close to one I used to have, I have a liking for it) just so I could endorse it.

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006

First 9
Is FOMM crashing for anyone else trying to update the load order?

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006

First 9
Is there a mod that contains a Stetchkin APS? I have an idea for a blonde Russian woman with no time for bullshit that wears a business outfit. Hotel Vegas doesn't sound as good as Hotel Moscow, though.

If you don't get or know the reference.

I figure if theres gonna be terrible anime mods there can at least be a terrible one that has a lot of loving guns.

Syrant fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Feb 12, 2011

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006

First 9

Apocadall posted:

Black Lagoon would be fun in an 'Over the top lets fire torpedoes at a helicopter' kind of way.

Black Lagoon is always fun in over the top things.

I mean, just look at the Roberta-is-insane arc.

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006

First 9
I get something like that right after I update templates but it seems to stick when it updates.

code:
Monday, February 14, 2011 - 12:26:45 AM
Fomm 0.13.21
OS version: Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
   at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, 
NumberBuffer&number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
   at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, 
       NumberFormatInfo info)
   at System.Version..ctor(String version)
   at Fomm.MainForm.checkForUpdateToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive
  (EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)at   system.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent
 (EventArgs e,ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, 
IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Syrant fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Feb 15, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006

First 9

Convicted Lovebot posted:

What weapons are those? The ones in the first image kind of look like bolters, but I am probably wrong.

One seems to be Warhammer 40k Imperial Guardsman issue Lasguns, the other is a grenade launcher that is in the game vanilla, and that's all I can see.