Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006
This post is brought to you by: Goat Bouillabaise.

First 9
I just gave up on the body replacer, it's not worth the irritation it causes but thanks for the tips and such.

Does anyone know if any of the popular/common mods has a built in brass/shell decay remover or extender?

Like Permanent Weapon Shells?

Edit: And anyone have any issues running EVE with Impact?

Syrant fucked around with this message at 10:39 on May 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006

First 9
I need a mod that makes the radio volume setting capable of going higher. Is there like... an .ini tweak for that?

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006

First 9
So I tried to use Meltdown Medley and installing the compatibility patches, it's looking for EVE.esp but the main file for EVE is EVE-ALLDLC.esp, should I just deal, bash it, or hunt .EVE.esp from an older version of EVE? It's that esp that is the problem, the WMX/PN comparability patches are fine.

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006

First 9
All right, thanks.

Another question, how long does it take a corpse to disappear in Project Nevada (I guess? Maybe AWOP is influencing it?)? Because everything I've killed is still laying on the ground and it has been at least three or four in-game days.

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006

First 9

Psion posted:

I would guess it's AWOP, but did you install PN Extra Options? if so, did you check the ... whatever the option is that keeps things around with unfound loot?

I run PN and don't use AWOP and my despawning is normal but it could be a PN feature I disabled. Mine's pretty lightweight.

Unfound Loot says it simply removes loot from certain (illogical) locations. AWOP's option is just to get rid of loot on AWOP specific NPCs/creatures.

Edit: Just manually adjusted the gain on the music files, they're pretty low.

Syrant fucked around with this message at 02:55 on May 15, 2015

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006

First 9

PrinceRandom posted:

Does the select fire mod work with Armory guns?

Works with any weapon I have from all of my mods without any compatibility patches?

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006

First 9
Wasn't there a mod that added a radio station using Atomic Platters? I think it may have been a Fallout 3 mod but haven't had much luck. I remember it distinctly for Doris Day's 'Tic Tic Tic' but I don't believe it's mixed in with the Conelrad station mod.

Also, using Realistic Reload is there any possible way keep auto-reload? I love all the mechanics but manual reloading has really been knee-capping me because I am terrible at remembering it.

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006

First 9
So this has been present all through my time playing the game set up almost entirely as STEP Project is written but I get these on some items. I really only seem to notice the issue when it comes to the item pictured but there could be more, these were just easiest to snap and post.

It really doesn't bother me much but I was curious if anyone can figure out what it is. The lights there tend to move an make themselves more or less obvious with camera movement, I took these with the more noticeable sized ... lights.

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006

First 9
Yeah, I loved New Vegas tons more but FO3's DLC is, in order, probably ranked Point Lookout, The Pitt, Zeta and Operation Anchorage roughly tie for me. Although AO made did give me a weak hint of Metal Gear Solid/Shadow Moses for a few parts. I never got a chance to try Broken Steel. At least not enough to remember a single bit.

Weren't all the songs on Fallout 3's radio public domain? I was just wondering why no one had just ripped over GNR's playlist sans-Three Dog. And added in the second half of Butcher Pete. Maybe some of it was licensed?

I wish I could remember what the mod was that added Praise The Lord And Pass The Ammunition in with a bunch more music and see if there were something equivalent for FNV.

Syrant fucked around with this message at 09:51 on May 20, 2015

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006

First 9

Saint Sputnik posted:

e: /\/\/\ I don't remember MZ being hard, just weird and repetitive. Hard I can handle, if you're talking about Dead Money, but FO3's devs have no understanding of hard beyond stupidly high HP.

I found a copy of that on Archive.org (I think it's this one, I'm at work and can't listen to it atm but I know it's a big band cover) and threw it on my mod's radio station, but I'm not clear on how much of the content there is actually public domain. I also want to use the Andrews Sisters/Bing Crosby singing Route 66 since I found it there, but I'm almost positive that's not PD. (Thankfully I think Leadbelly's "When I was a cowboy" is.)

This is the version from the mod. I am fairly sure. It's not a -huge- deal but I just liked it.

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006

First 9
Is there a way to clone items? I want to give my followers the advanced recon helms but I can't seem to figure out the right refid. I'm presuming it's because clicking on them in console doesn't preface them with the ## from the load order? I was hoping there was a way to click and then type in something to dupe the item in question. Really not sure what I'm doing here. I was hoping it would just function with a click for the refid and then player.additem (ref) but no dice. Any tips?

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006

First 9

delta534 posted:

Some mods like the legacy of X-13 only have the recipes show up once certian conditions are met. Using that mod as an example you have to put on the suit first for the recipes to show up at the workbench, assuming nothing overwrites the changes it does to stealth suit script.

Install this plugin, http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/55399/ , open console and type search "advanced recon helm" . This will give you the correct formid for duping the helment

Raygereio posted:

The additem command calls for a BaseID, not a ReferenceID.
The ReferenceID (which you got when you opened the console and clicked on the item) denotes a specific instance of an object (NPC, item, tree, rock, etc) within the gameworld. The BaseID is the prototype for that object.
You can get the BaeID by loading up your loadorder in FNVEdit and checking the FormID for the item you want.

I had Lutana already installed so that was simple. Thanks for the help.

Now, I'm being a piece of poo poo this run but I don't want to lose Cassidy. Is there a mod out there to prevent her (or Arcade or any companion) from ditching you completely? I was hoping there was an option in CC&C unless 'forcing' her to recruit after she bails will achieve the same result.

Syrant fucked around with this message at 09:40 on May 25, 2015

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006

First 9
Okay I'm going to bite the bullet, I've been trying to ignore it for a while now but the textures for the bodies of male and female raiders are screwy. With the men it's actually got a texture but I think it was meant to go on a non-vanilla male frame, the ones which really bother me are the female Type3 bodies for female fiends and tech raiders. It's the heinous pink error texture and I'm not sure where the game is trying to find the texture for the female raiders. I use Mod Organizer/LOOT etc.

I tried using Robert's Male Bodies but I always got the black-bar issue for male bodies and it just got to a point where I said gently caress it and disabled it. I took screens just for whatever help it might be posting them, I imagine most of you who would know how to help would already know what it looks like.

This is what it's like for men, I assume it's just trying to apply a texture to the wrong figure? In either case, I can roll with it because it's not like the female fiends.

And this is for the female raiders. I'm using type 3 bodies but I'm trying to figure out where exactly it's trying to look for these textures. I am pretty certain Tech Fiends are from A World Of Pain but that shouldn't matter, right? I am guessing it's possibly New Vegas Redesigned?

Where in FNV Edit should I be looking through? Is this just a texture folder that might be out of place or? I'm not sure what exactly to do here to figure out which path the mod is trying to look into when pulling up these bodies. Other female bodies are fine (save for maybe one or two here and there, it's rare) so I'm... really not sure what the hell I need to specifically hunt down. I've got one

Putzing around in FNVEdit I found these entries for races. Would this be the issue? I'm not sure what it's missing here,.

Maybe the issue is Fallout Character Overhaul as well?

I'm wondering if this might be an issue between Fallout Character Overhaul and New Vegas Redesigned 3.

Syrant fucked around with this message at 01:39 on May 30, 2015

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006

First 9

GrizzlyCow posted:

Did you remember to grab the textures for Type 3. If you're not using Exter's Type3 Body and Armor replacer, then you have to download the textures separately.

If you're fine with using FNVEdit to mod mods, then you look here to fix the compatability issues between the ESP and ESM from FCO and NVR3.

Though, if anyone has found a way to Robert's working alright through MO, I'd be might appreciative myself.

I used that guide explicitly in setting up FNV for my new run, I've deleted the required things, installed what has been listed, no dice. Honestly I can just get over it but if it was something someone could kind of easily pick out I wanted to try and see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006

First 9

This seems to happen a lot, where I'll find NPCs spawned in a knot (usually legion or ncr troops) and they just kind of stand there moving around until they go hostile. I had no idea that they stopped being hostile outright when you were vilified to an extent that they scare you.

Don't suppose anyone knows how to get those knots back to roaming around?