Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Did anyone link this in here as well? it was getting talked about in the chat thread https://mangadex.org/manga/17170/ani-no-yome-to-kurashite-imasu

I really like it a lot, its the right mix of bummer, goofy, and character stuff for me.

I think this is going to end up going in the direction of the 17 year old realizing she is gay and ending up with the manager girl from her former club, maybe? Its going to be painful though because she has to get over her crush over her dead brother's wife, who also seems like, pretty straight never mind everything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Is this a deretsun teacher?

Terry van Feleday
Jun 6, 2010

Free Your Mind

Snooze Cruise posted:

Did anyone link this in here as well? it was getting talked about in the chat thread https://mangadex.org/manga/17170/ani-no-yome-to-kurashite-imasu

I think this is going to end up going in the direction of the 17 year old realizing she is gay and ending up with the manager girl from her former club, maybe?
I really, really liked this. I enjoy the character dynamic of two people who haven't really figured out what they are to each other but nevertheless just support & care for one another.
I'm kinda hoping the series does turn out as you think, because I pretty much had the same read on the characters.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Snooze Cruise posted:

I really like it a lot, its the right mix of bummer, goofy, and character stuff for me.

I think this is going to end up going in the direction of the 17 year old realizing she is gay and ending up with the manager girl from her former club, maybe? Its going to be painful though because she has to get over her crush over her dead brother's wife, who also seems like, pretty straight never mind everything else.

Oh yo, is this a spin-off of Chihaya's Fine That Way? Kishibe was far and away the best character in that.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I don't think they're supposed to be related series, just that both have characters that are named Kishibe.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

DoubleDonut posted:

I don't think they're supposed to be related series, just that both have characters that are named Kishibe.

Balls, it's by the same author and everything. Gonna give it a look anyway!

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Snooze Cruise posted:

It's good

It's got a really nice mellow yet melancholic mood to it, and no unlikeable characters which is nice. Well, you could argue the manager girl from their last meeting but I imagine that's not going to be a lasting issue. And it's just really nice how comfortable all the relationships feel. Besides Shino being a little bit of an emotional mess regarding her sister-in-law (and probably her deceased family as well, however repressed) that is.

I wonder how much of her feelings is from a crush and how much is a combination of codependence and generally repressed emotions. It's interesting how she frequently thinks of Nozomi as cute, responsible, diligent, like-able and so on - reflecting her own thoughts and emotions - but when actually complicated or difficult feelings and situations surrounding their relationship comes up she seems to consistently frame them internally from the perspective of being her deceased brother's sister instead. Chapter 20 being the obvious example. All her bouts of berating herself and not wanting to be a burden as well. Essentially dissociating from the situation and treating herself as an outsider.

It's also interesting that we have essentially no idea about her romantic proclivities at all besides these thoughts on Nozomi that can be interpreted as crushes though - it never really seems to come up at school or the like, she's clearly comfortably indifferent around Shoutaro despite their good relationship, she doesn't blush at or admire any guys or girls. I do think she reads somewhat queer so far and certainly the author's previous works lean somewhat towards the gayer side, so I hope some kind of coming out arc or realigaytion shows up, but I definitely don't feel convinced it'll head in that direction.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
new tamen de gushi

ARE YOU JEALOUS OF OUR LITTLE TENT?!

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Tamen-De-Gushi/Ch-173---Read-Online?id=432420

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Insurrectionist posted:

It's good

It's got a really nice mellow yet melancholic mood to it, and no unlikeable characters which is nice. Well, you could argue the manager girl from their last meeting but I imagine that's not going to be a lasting issue. And it's just really nice how comfortable all the relationships feel. Besides Shino being a little bit of an emotional mess regarding her sister-in-law (and probably her deceased family as well, however repressed) that is.

I wonder how much of her feelings is from a crush and how much is a combination of codependence and generally repressed emotions. It's interesting how she frequently thinks of Nozomi as cute, responsible, diligent, like-able and so on - reflecting her own thoughts and emotions - but when actually complicated or difficult feelings and situations surrounding their relationship comes up she seems to consistently frame them internally from the perspective of being her deceased brother's sister instead. Chapter 20 being the obvious example. All her bouts of berating herself and not wanting to be a burden as well. Essentially dissociating from the situation and treating herself as an outsider.

It's also interesting that we have essentially no idea about her romantic proclivities at all besides these thoughts on Nozomi that can be interpreted as crushes though - it never really seems to come up at school or the like, she's clearly comfortably indifferent around Shoutaro despite their good relationship, she doesn't blush at or admire any guys or girls. I do think she reads somewhat queer so far and certainly the author's previous works lean somewhat towards the gayer side, so I hope some kind of coming out arc or realigaytion shows up, but I definitely don't feel convinced it'll head in that direction.

i hope theyre homo as well

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Insurrectionist posted:

It's good

Shoutaro probably also has the hots for one of their other male class-mates, from what I remember so it might turn out to be like Tamen De Gushi in that there are both girls who love girls, boys who love boys, girls who love boys, and boys who loves girls, which is the best kind because of all the romance. :3:

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

it's. . .

me. . .

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Yona 161

Yona continues to be the best MC

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Everything Burrito posted:

!tell dis there's a new chapter of Therapy Game

is this the one with the OCD guy and the BDSM? never did catch up with that one

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

DisDisDis posted:

is this the one with the OCD guy and the BDSM? never did catch up with that one

It's the one with the brother of the guy who owns the rabbit store

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
Can we talk about how the Yona mangaka is trolling us by sneaking that loving chipmunk into the most serious panels

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Everything Burrito posted:

It's the one with the brother of the guy who owns the rabbit store

Oh!!! Yes! ! !

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Pastrymancy posted:

Can we talk about how the Yona mangaka is trolling us by sneaking that loving chipmunk into the most serious panels

So they're the real life version of that one mangaka lady from Nozaki who shoves tanukis into everything.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Brainamp posted:

So they're the real life version of that one mangaka lady from Nozaki who shoves tanukis into everything.

I will not stand for this shifting of blame away from Maeno.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

Thanks for linking this, somehow I hadn't read it despite loving other manga with this same feeling. It reminds me of stuff like NANA and 3-gatsu, with these really charming well-defined characters going through strange daily lives and having all these cute and happy moments contrasting with their deep internal sadness and hangups and self-worth issues. I also like that it's about working adults who don't have the *generic undefined office job* cop out.

That latest chapter is a cruel cliffhanger though. If this series ends with anything other than a big gay wedding and the whole family (that includes Nico) moving in to live happily together forever, I'm setting my monitor on fire and throwing it out the window.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
new chap
https://mangadex.org/chapter/418288/1

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
How is that, anyway?

I couldn't get over the guys name being loving aurora borealis when it was first brought up here, but if it's worth following...

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Waci posted:

How is that, anyway?

I couldn't get over the guys name being loving aurora borealis when it was first brought up here, but if it's worth following...

It's a cute slice of life in Fantasy Japanese View Of Russia.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Mors Rattus posted:

cute slice of life in Fantasy

Awesome I'll check it out

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Verdict: cute

Guy: Fantasy-portrayal-of-sami with multiple conspicuously Finnish last names
Girl: The German equivalent of an American named Steve Washington

Must be Russia

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Waci posted:

Verdict: cute

Guy: Fantasy-portrayal-of-sami with multiple conspicuously Finnish last names
Girl: The German equivalent of an American named Steve Washington

Must be Russia

I admit to my failure of knowledge on Finland.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Mors Rattus posted:

The best thing is judging by the level of technology it might actually take place in Russia, I just thought it was funny since literally none of the characters seem culturally or ethnically Russian

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Mors Rattus posted:

:argh:

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Waci posted:

The best thing is judging by the level of technology it might actually take place in Russia, I just thought it was funny since literally none of the characters seem culturally or ethnically Russian

Well, which year is it set in? The Russian Empire controlled Finland 1809-1917, and while it did so less closely than its other conquests, some of the downside of the rule would certainly be felt there as well.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

OddObserver posted:

Well, which year is it set in? The Russian Empire controlled Finland 1809-1917, and while it did so less closely than its other conquests, some of the downside of the rule would certainly be felt there as well.

Judging by the nobility, before the end of that, and judging by the ships probably during or not long before? I don't think an exact date has come up though.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Please dont hurt the feelings of the Finnish people

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Waci posted:

General Mannerheim, who was a famous WWII Finnish General was during the Russian Empire a Russian Officer and servant of the Tsar and stuff who did stuff in Siberia/Central Asia, plenty of reasons for Finns to show up in strange places.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Raenir Salazar posted:

General Mannerheim, who was a famous WWII Finnish General was during the Russian Empire a Russian Officer and servant of the Tsar and stuff who did stuff in Siberia/Central Asia, plenty of reasons for Finns to show up in strange places.

He didn't transplant his hometown there though

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Waci posted:

He didn't transplant his hometown there though

The Russians did "transplant" a lot of peoples hometowns there though.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

I am confused, these seem like very Finnish people living in a very Finnish sounding town that has been there as long as the guy has been alive and takes place during a time when Finland was under Russian rule. Are you trying to argue that they are actually Russians? :psyduck:

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

the strongest otome game rival returns

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I've noticed the artist has been forgetting to draw Katarina's forehead scar that is clearly still there.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yeah I thought the forehead scar had a certain charm to it, and if it was really that big as a kid, it's not the sort of thing that goes away as you grow, is it? I faintly recall it just kinda being written off as "oh it just went away" which seemed weird. Did that happen in the LN or whatever preceded the manga version?

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

chumbler posted:

I've noticed the artist has been forgetting to draw Katarina's forehead scar that is clearly still there.

Didn't she say it healed up in an earlier chapter?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

chumbler posted:

Nah, it healed as she grew up. She attempted to use it to say "Hey you don't need to marry me anymore" but it didn't work.