Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LightWarden
Mar 18, 2007

Lander county's safe as heaven,
despite all the strife and boilin',
Tin Star,
Oh how she's an icon of the eastern west,
But now the time has come to end our song,
of the Tin Star, the Tin Star!

Baron Snow posted:

http://somemango.com/manga/GE_-_Good_Ending/
A shounen romance series, we follow our witless main character Utsumi as he learns how to confess his crush on the tennis club captain from his mysterious classmate Yuki.
The reason I'm starting this thread is so I have a place to bitch about this series.

Have you read Kimi no Iru Machi yet? It's by the author of Suzuka, and loving up is an art form (Suzuka was the first manga where I was legitimately mad at the ending).

For some reason, 1/2 Prince is filed under both Shoujo and Shonen on several manga sites. Its awesomeness cannot be contained by one thread. It's the story of a girl playing in a high-tech fantasy MMORPG, but since her brother thinks that if she plays as a girl she'll get nerds helping her all the time, she decides to play as a boy. Things get odder from there.

Glass Mask is really old. Started in 1976, it's a pretty influential series that many shoujo series owe something to. It's the story of a girl with a talent for acting who's discovered by a reclusive master of theater, and her ensuing ups and downs (and awesome rivalries) as she develops. Despite its age, it's still pretty drat good, and you can enjoy it for its weird sparkly charm.

Otomen is the story of Asuka Masamune, kendo club captain, judo black belt and all around manly guy, who also enjoys cooking, sewing, shoujo manga and other cute things. But since his father ran off to become a woman, his mother would kill him if she found out. He winds up falling for a tomboyish girl, unaware that one of his friends is actually using them as the gender flipped models for a shoujo romance series he's writing. It's a fun series that has fun with various manga cliches. Also Viz licensed it, so there's no up-to-date scanlations (but feel free to check it out if you like it).

Oresama Teacher begins when former delinquent leader Mafuyu Kurosaki is arrested and expelled after winning one of the biggest rumbles in history. Forced to attend a new school under the condition that her mother will disown her if she gets into trouble again, things naturally get off to a bad start when she draws the attention of the delinquent elements hidden throughout the school. I enjoy it for the delinquent comedy aspects like in Great Teacher Onizuka, Cromataire, or Yankee-kun and Megane-chan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LightWarden
Mar 18, 2007

Tin Star,
Tokyo Crazy Paradise is great, I picked it up after someone dumped the whole thing on OneManga, one of my favorite shojo series. Tsukasa is both an awesome shojo lead and an awesome shonen lead.

One of my favorite romance manga of all time is probably Maison Ikkoku. Comedy misunderstandings ensue, but the character develops over time and that ending :swoon: is one of the most satisfying things I've read. It's about the only one of Rumiko Takahashi's series with a solid ending.

LightWarden
Mar 18, 2007

Tin Star,
Well, someone uploaded a new chapter of Glass Mask, but it looks like it's several chapters further than the one previously released.

LightWarden
Mar 18, 2007

Tin Star,
New chapters of Good Ending and A Town Where You Live

LightWarden
Mar 18, 2007

Tin Star,
New Oresama Teacher.

LightWarden
Mar 18, 2007

Tin Star,
Maison Ikkoku. Still Rumiko Takahashi's best work.

LightWarden
Mar 18, 2007

Tin Star,
A new chapter of Unbalance x Unbalance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LightWarden