Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

broken link

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
skip beat started well but eventually it seemed like every arc was about how the awesome independent mc should stop being awesome and independent.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's a good av

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
she hates her family and wants nothing to do with them. entering a nunnery is a pretty good plan toward that end.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
if the prince was a time traveler he wouldn't be so completely indifferent to the bastard sister. likewise, the sister is simply responding to the protagonist's actions. she didn't do anything different from before, except when prompted by the mc.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Rodyle posted:

The part that makes me think it in particular is the bit where he goes "as I thought, you're different."

she's different from how she was before being replaced by her older self, yes. she was aggressively pursuing him for some time before her sister entered the picture!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i have good news and bad news about bakarina.

the good news is that it is a complete story with an ending. for wn's and even ln's that's a pretty rare thing.

the bad news is that at only 14 chapters in the manga is at least 3/4 of the way done.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

big dyke energy posted:

I've been reading Otonori Complex and really liking it, but I realize I almost never read series where the protagonists are in college. Any recs for college series? I'm already reading Giniro no Genders, too.

Shimanani Tasogare is really really incredible and good. And beautiful.

https://mangadex.org/title/11489/is-reiroukan-still-alive

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
oh no, what sort of monster hates fields that much?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the male lead is so generic. he lacks tadano's charm.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
that works for most kinds of manga, though.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
they didn't really need to add a love triangle. the main relationship was good enough to stand on its own.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
credits pages are either completely functional and unremarkable or an unholy assault on the senses. there is no middle ground.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the wn translation is only a few chapters further in, but it seems to be mostly an exhaustive account of her being abused by the prince. and as the first chapter demonstrated, she hadn't snapped before that party so it's just her taking it and taking it and nothing else.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
if nothing else, that one chapter makes for a very fun short story.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
maomao/giant pile of toxic weeds otp

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
some student councils in japan do have more authority than seems reasonable. i think it's a relic of the 60's student protests? of course, it's not nearly as ubiquitous and exaggerated as anime portrays it.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
all of the completely insane rival girls were better than akane, really. poo poo, so were all of the completely insane rival boys who were after girl ranma. the manga was full of incredibly over the top characters and we are supposed to take the generic standard tsundere seriously?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
his reaction to finding her trying to murder a boy was to explain the physics behind it. he probably doesn't cope well with terror, is all.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
dude was born to be a big brother

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i didn't find it funny at all, really. i'm not even sure what the jokes were supposed to be.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the third

silverware princess owns

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
whenever i read the series i end up wondering how they are still together. the oneshot's outcome always seems so much more plausible.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
don't make me tap the sign again (the sign says let's all love lain)

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
looking forward to more extremely questionable content from dowman.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
everyone assumes they are already dating because it is true.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's definitely where the basic villainess archetype came from, though.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it'd be fine if miyamura was into that, even. but he's really not.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
there are so many red flags that it is very clear that if hori and miyamura stay together long term, he's definitely going to suffer some dv.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i wish they were capable of doing anything other than alternating fits of irrational jealousy.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the real daughter is back has a completely generic setup but it looks to be going in an interesting direction. basically, the mc's grand revenge against her horribly abusive family is to simply leave when they are completely dependent on her. she teleported away when no one else can teleport or knows she can do so, with the situation she left behind having a harsh time limit before it explodes in everyone else's faces. even if they knew where she went, it is physically impossible for anyone to get to her in time. there is also a standard obsessive male lead, but she ditched his rear end too without really giving him much thought. it's unlikely that she will simply stay away for the month or so necessary for her plan to work since there wouldn't really be much of a story that way. still, i hope she does.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's two young women who take turns being paranoid and jealous about everyone their partner interacts with. that's it. that's the entire comic. it's incredibly tedious.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the real problem with sniping is that sooner or later one of the groups is going to quit and then shortly afterward the other one will fall apart. it happens every time.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
he's trying to meet his own (impossible) standards, not impress anyone else.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i legit have fajita trauma.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
zyugoya loves two things- giant tiddies and healthy, fulfilling relationships.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
geez, after all that buildup in sono bisque it just looks like a normal costume to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
maybe gojo will figure out that there's no way to perfectly reproduce a fictional supernatural being's fictional supernatural outfit.