Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

SexyBlindfold posted:

:allears: I love these dorks

They’re all so loving stupid. I’d die for any of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I hope that Taira gets a better grip on his sadbrains but also that he never stops being a grouch.

Go home :argh:

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Brought To You By posted:

new Telework
Playing the worst resident evil should have been a turn off. 6 is a dumpster fire but at least he gave her infinite ammo because there is never enough in co-o-op mode.

Edit: Actually, I double checked the UI and they are probably playing Resident evil: 5. Less terrible but still not great.

It’s not a good game but it is good dumb couch co-op. He chose decently. :colbert:

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Quack

This series just has so much life and energy in the backgrounds it’s always a delight.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Taira’s great because you can see how in a different world he could have been a horrible incel but through the power of friendship and community he gained SELF AWARENESS and now he’s merely depressed. But a depressed softie.

Like a slightly melted marshmallow.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Gapacho was telling me that Nishi and Yamada are cute as gently caress and by god, they’re right.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I appreciate You and I Are Polar Opposite’s devotion to consistency that Suzuki CANNOT take a picture without smiling like a loving goofus.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

One thing that always gets me about Insomniacs is that like

It’s not actually surprising at all that she’s made it to 18? The procedure for her health condition is relatively new and we don’t actually know what the upper limit of lifespan it affords is, but we know it’s at least 40-50ish. That’s where the earliest candidates for the procedure are chugging along right now as we speak.

This is definitely me being a little nitpicky tho. Still love the series and was expecting the ending to devastate me

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

This is the absolute most pointdexter rear end poo poo to see a girl with a potentially fatal medical issue confess her fear of death and how she has been struggling with living normally in a moment of vulnerability and immediately go 'Heh, actually if you read the numbers, statistics show you had good odds of making it.'

It misses the point of the scene and what the character is actually saying and conveying to the other character in the scene.

Oh you misunderstand my meaning. I’m talking about the framing of her condition from the comic as a whole. I’m genuinely uncertain if the author even knows what I said with some of the poo poo that’s been written in this manga, the way Isaki has talked about the condition even in her more clinical and practical moments. Comments like “It’s a miracle I made it to 18” are not weird in isolation but in the broader context of the entire manga it contributes to the sense of

Do they know? I’m not sure if they know! They are writing this like they don’t

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Orb Crabmelt posted:

Oh no, I've been meaning to read Insomniacs after watching the anime. Is the ending bad enough to warrant just stopping at a certain point or just kind of disappointing or what?

It's mostly just very perfunctory, which is weird in a manga full of emotionally resonant moments.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Nate RFB posted:

I'm not going to lie I'm kind of flabbergasted that has happened yet given that I dropped that series what feels like months ago annoyed at how it was dragging it out that I just sort of assumed it would've happened by now.

Honestly, most rom coms drag it out orders of magnitude more than this. If anything this has been brisk. Seems like it will be for real ending here shortly.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Megamissen posted:

big fan of this background character

the mouths being the same is very cute

Taira’s kermit the frog motherfucker faces are incredibly funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007